There’s just too much good stuff going on. Thursday nights are always big around here for Pint Nights and the like, but there’s something going on every day till Christmas eve. Of course most of the local breweries also have plenty going on including live music at Smartmouth on Saturday, and food trucks at just about all of them on Friday and Saturday. Try to make at least one of these!
Thursday, Dec 18
- The LAST day of Center Of The Universe (COTU) Brewing Tap Takeover, O’Connor Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 211 W. 24th Street, Norfolk. To help celebrate the release of Orange is the New Stout, our collaboration beer with COTU Brewing we are hosting a COTU Tap Takeover! Starting on Tuesday, December 16, we will have on tap at our brewery: Orange is the New Stout imperial chocolate stout with fresh oranges and sea salt, El Duderino decadent chocolate milk stout, and Pocahoptas a hop forward IPA. Plus it’s Thirsty Thursday, with Burger night by CXB BBQ & Eats.
- Craft Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30 - 7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, VB. We feature 5-7 new seasonal or newly arrived beers at each tasting. We try to focus on new arrivals so that you can “try before you buy”. This is a great way to try different styles/types of beer that you may have had an interest in, and we have a dump bucket if you don’t care for it.
- Pint Night with New Belgium Brewing Company, The Public House, 5:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk, VA. Come by, enjoy some great beers, hang with our friends from the brewery, and snag a pint! New Belgium Brewing has sent us three very rare sours that no one else in the area will get. We have a very limited amount and you will not see these anywhere else, so don’t miss out. We tap the kegs at 5 pm, see you then!
- Steal The Pint Night, with O’Connor Brewing, Oceans and Ale, 5:00 pm, Prime Outlets, 5601 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg. This Thursday we welcome O’Connor Brewing to Oceans & Ale for not your average pint night. We will be tapping a pin of Great Dismal Black IPA that has been seasoned with Chocolate and Habanera Peppers!! This exclusive keg will be gone quickly so get here at 5 when we drop the hammer! Along with that we will be tapping four lines with Red Nun Red Ale, Great Dismal Black IPA, El Guapo Agave IPA and a rare release Ibrik Turkish Coffee Stout. At 6 pm, Kevin Bleakley will be supplying plenty of classics for you to enjoy as you try some great Virginia brews. It’s a holiday party and we got the beer!!!
- Tap Takeover and Pint Night with Foothills Brewing, Home Republic, 6:00 pm, 328 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Featuring Foothills Brewing seasonals Beer on Tap. The line-up: Hoppyum IPA, Jade IPA, People’s Porter, and Torch Pilsner. Did we mention it starts during our Happy Hour, 3-7 pm.
- Starr Hill Pint Night, The Point at Phoebus, 30 E. Mellen Street, Hampton. Join us for Thursday Pint Night as we continue to celebrate our featured VA Brewery of the Month, Starr Hill Brewing Company.
- Green Flash Brewery Pint Night, Belmont House of Smoke, 6 - 9:00 pm, 2117 Colonial Ave., Norfolk. Experience a beer phenomenon tonight at the Belmont!!! On tap, we’ll be serving up Le Freak, 30th Street Pale Ale, & Hop Head Red! We’re guaranteeing love at first sip!!
- Beer School, The Porch at Whole Foods Market, 6:30 pm, West Hilltop, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Want to learn more about craft beer, and taste local and regional craft beer examples. This week we will be featuring a Blue Mountain Brewing Tap Takeover. Come early for limited
- Third Thursday: World’s Largest Christmas Ornament, Chrysler Museum Glass Studio, 7 - 10:00 pm, One Memorial Place, Norfolk. Deborah Czeresko will be back for her third holiday visit. She and the studio team will work to the live music of the fabulous duo Sunny & Gabe. Fresh Craft Beers and snacks will be available to feed the vibe.
- Movie Showing of Oakley Snowboarding’s “FOR ME”, Back Bay Brewing, 8:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia beach. With Thursday Night-Vinyl Night sponsored by Vinyl Daze spinning vinyl before and after the video!
Friday, Dec 19
- Complete Tap Takeover and Cask event with Green Flash Brewing, Lynnhaven Pub, 8:00 pm, 2236 W. Great Neck Road, Virginia Beach. This Friday we will be hosting a Special Cask event with our West Coast friends from Green Flash Brewing. We will be pouring 4 different cask ales on the patio: Le Freak w/ Cambodian Black Peppercorns, 30th Street w/ Grapefruit, West Coast IPA w/ Mangos and Fresno Chilies, Soul Style w/ Simcoe and Citra hops. We’ll also have a complete tap take over: Cedar, Jibe, Green Bullet, Hop Head Red, Double Stout, and 12th Anniversary. We always have a blast doing events with this (soon to be local) Brewery!
- Evolution Brewing and Cheese Pairing, The Birch, 5 - 11:00 pm, 1231 Olney Road, West Ghent/Chelsea, Norfolk. Evolution Brewing’s Tim will be collaborating with Malia to pair 4 of Evolution’s line up with exquisite cheeses! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
- AltDaily presents: Gremlins (the Movie), Naro Expanded Cinema, 9:00 pm, 1511 Colley Ave, Norfolk. Want to know what happens to the AltDaily crew and other Norfolk hipsters when you feed them O’Connor beer after midnight? Well, we show ‘Gremlins’ at 9pm with 100% of the bar proceeds benefiting The Muse Writers Center. Come one, come all, Merry Christmas from AltDaily and yes, Howie Mandel still provides the voice to Gizmo.
Saturday, Dec 20
- Evolution Tap Takeover, Tapped Gastropub, 6:00 pm, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. Featuring: Lot #3, Lot #6, and Rise Up Stout.
Sunday, Dec 21
- Craft Brewer Tap Takeovers/Steal the Pint, with Devils Backbone Brewing & Bold Rock Cider, Lager Heads Restaurant, 5:30 - 8:00 pm, 3315 Atlantic Avenue at the Hilton Garden Inn, Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Featuring Beer Reps and giveaways.
- Start of 4 Days of Hardywood Park Brewing Pint Nights, The Public House, 5:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Sun - The Original Gingerbread Stout, and their Hazelnut Stout, Mon - Bourbon Barrel aged Gingerbread Stout, and Virginia Blackberry Wit, Tue - Rum Barrel-aged Gingerbread Stout, and Rye Barrel-aged Pumpkin Ale, Wed - Christmas Morning Gingerbread Stout, and Hazelnut Stout.
Monday, Dec 22
- Pint Night with Troeg’s Brewing Co., Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday night Pint Night will feature Troeg’s Mad Elf Ale. Brewed with sweet and sour cherries, local PA honey and chocolate malt, then fermented and aged with a spicy Belgian yeast strain, this cheerful ruby red holiday ale boasts significant warming strength that underlies its pleasant yet intriguing flavor. We’ll also have Live Music from Brian Sewell at 6:30 pm.
Tuesday, Dec 23
- Ugly Sweater Party and Goose Island Steal the Pint Night, The Cove Restaurant, 6 - 9:00 pm, 3701 Strawberry Plains Rd, Williamsburg. Hey folks Happy Holidays! It’s an Ugly Sweater Party at The Cove Tavern! Prizes will be given to the ugliest sweaters, and Goose Island will be on tap! With Live Music by Kevin Bleakley, No cover!