Don't let the weather keep you from what you want!
Fri, Apr 24
- Charlotte Hour, Lynnhaven Pub, 5-8:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Our good friend Charlotte will be out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer with her, and grab a ready brew.
- New Beer Release AND Firkin & Food Truck Friday, O'Connor Brewing Company, 4-9:00 pm, 211 W. 24th Street, Norfolk. Join us as we present one of our all-time greats; S-Turns Summer Saison is back, on tap and in bottles.! Plus it’s TGIF! Every Friday at the brewery, we offer special casked beers for your tasting pleasure. So they’re not really in Firkins, but “Cask” doesn’t sound as good with “Food Truck” or “Friday.” From 4 to 8 pm, enjoy delicious street food from 'Karnage Asada’.
- Friday Firkin, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. On Fridays we tap a cask ale from local or regional Craft Brewers. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!!!
- Food Truck & Music Fridays, St. George Brewing Company, 4:30-8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. There is nothing better that starting your weekend off with Live Music with the Johnny Cardigan Acoustic Duo starting around 6:30 pm, Food Trucks, and Beer. It’s a match made in heaven (or Hampton if you’re a local)!
- Free Beer Tasting every Friday, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5-8:00 pm, Williamsburg. Come try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans.
Sat, Apr 25
- Suffolk Wine & Beer Festival, Former TCC Campus, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, 7000 College Drive, Suffolk. Featured Breweries: Devil’s Backbone Brewing, St. George Brewing, Smartmouth Brewing, Young Veterans Brewing, and O'Connor Brewing. Tickets: $35 in Advance, $40 at Gate. Ticket Includes: A Commemorative Wine or Beer Glass, Tastings from Wineries & Breweries, Live Entertainment by ‘10 Spot’. http://www.suffolkwinefest.com/home.html
- Phoebus Spring Fling Craft Beer & Wine Festival, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Mellen Street, Hampton. Three blocks of Mellen Street in downtown Phoebus will be closed off from 10am to 4pm for great activities for all ages! There will be a large vendor fair, non-profit organizations, Kid Zone with bounce houses, face painting, balloon artist and even Century Lanes bowling! We have a great list of Food Vendors along with the Phoebus restaurants. Music and dancing plus a few surprises! https://www.facebook.com/events/788106991232606
- Hardywood Complete Tap Takeover, the Back Deck at Bubba’s, 2:00 pm, 3323 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. The Biggest Hardywood Event in VB! The fine People from Hardywood Park Craft Brewery out of RVA will be on Deck Sampling their Beers. Featuring a Flight of the Limited Reserve Series Releases: The Famous Ginger Bread Stout - Imperial Milk Stout Brewed with Fresh Local Ginger and Honey, Raspberry Stout - Chocolate Stout Brewed with Local Red Raspberries, Hoplar - Dry-Hopped Imperial IPA Conditioned on Virginia Tulip Poplar Wood, Bourbon SIDAMO - Russian Imperial Stout Brewed with Locally Roasted Coffee aged in White Oak Bourbon Barrels, Bourbon Barleywine - British-style Barleywine Aged in Bourbon Barrels, Singel - Belgian Abbey-style Blonde Ale, Pils - German-Style Pilsner, Great Return - West Coast Style IPA. Plus . a Pin (AKA Cask) of Something special (will announce when the brewmaster brews her up)! A Back Deck Exclusive!
- Keg Tapping, Porch at Whole Foods Market, 3 - 9:00 pm, West Hilltop, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Tapping a special Keg of AleWerks Cafe Royale, starting at 3 pm.
- Beer Release: The Red Messenger, barrel-fermented sour red ale, Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. We’re pleased to present a beer nearly a year in the making. The Red Messenger is 7.0% ABV, 12 IBU, and has a Final Gravity of 1.000. It will be available on draft and to go in 750ml bottles. Kick-off your Saturday afternoon with a fresh Cask of Beer while a 'Karnage Asada’ serves up their awesome food from 1-5 pm!
- Free Tours, Food Trucks, Fresh Brews & Fun, O'Connor Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 211 W. 24th Street, Norfolk. On Saturdays we’re open from noon to nine, and we’ll have free brewery tours each hour from 12-4 pm, and delicious street food from 'Seoul 757 Tacos’ and 'CXB BBQ & Eats’. We’ll also have live music with 'Dan Pelligrino’ from 5-8:00 pm, with plenty of cornhole, shuffleboard and giant Jenga; and of course, fresh, tasty beers, all day and evening. Then to top it off, we’ll be hosting 'Major and the Monbacks’ Album Release Show, Doors at 8 pm, Tickets $5 Day of Show, GA standing room only.
- Brews and Tunes, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 12 - 7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Live Music with 'Vince Kornegay’ from 4:30-6:30 pm, and Delicious food from 'Shakey’s Curbside Bistro’.
Sun, Apr 26
- Sunday Brewer’s Series with Smartmouth Brewing Company, Lager Heads Beach Pub, 2 - 5:00 pm, Hilton Garden Inn, 3315 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach. Come meet the Brewers or Brewery Reps and try their beer. We’ll have give-aways and steal the pints, it’s perfect to be here sipping with a friend.
- Crockpot Sunday, Pleasure House Brewing, 6 - 9:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. We're open from 12 - 9 pm, but Crockpots go out at 6 pm. It works like this here: Up to 4 volunteers bring their best crockpot recipe of food to be served starting at 6 pm. Anyone interested can try a serving of each and vote for their favorite. A donation ($3 suggested as a minimum) for the food goes to the charity featured that week. The volunteer who gets the most “favorite” votes wins a $20 PHB gift card. Serving our community, serving you beer! See you this Sunday!
- Brunch & SIN, O'Connor Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 211 W. 24th Street, Norfolk. Rounding out our monthly Sunday brunch series with Captain Chef (covering for CXB BBQ), bringing you a mind blowing mouthwatering menu!! And what better way to have a Sunday Funday than to accompany those delicious eats with A DELICIOUS O'CONNOR BEER?!? So chow down, drink up, and hang out noon to 6 pm. And it’s Service Industry Night, so if you work in a bar or restaurant, we’ve got an exclusive happy hour just for you! Please bring in a recent pay stub as proof that you’re an industry employee.
- Blues & Brews, Manhattan’s NY Deli & Pub, 3-7:00 pm, 601 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News. Every Sunday we hold our “STEAL the PINT” with Live Blues. There is so much “Blues” talent in the 757 and we are excited to have these local musicians at “THE PUB”!
- Tunes and Brews, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 5:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Live Music with Tony Bob Merritt, starting at 2 pm.
- Williamsburg Craft Beer Festival, 1-5:00 pm, near the Williamsburg Public Library on the lawn across the street from the Williamsburg Community Building, 401 N Boundary Street, Williamsburg. Get ready to sample and enjoy 28 craft beers from 14 different breweries from Virginia and across the country! Join us for a fun day of craft beer, great food for sale by Paul's Deli, live music by the Jesse Chong Band presented by Oceans and Ale, and more! Rain or shine, you will have a great afternoon of beer tasting, food and music under a tent. Bring your family and friends for an afternoon of great beer, local music, good food and fun! General Admission 21 and older, $30 in advance, $35 at the door. Admission includes a complimentary 16-oz tasting glass.
Mon Apr 27
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Night Pint Night! We’ll also have Live Music from Brian Sewell at 6:30 pm.