Monday, March 14, 2016
Local Brew Happenings in Tidewater VA
UPCOMING BREW / BEER FESTS:
Sat, Mar 19 - 6th Year Anniversary / St. Patty’s Day Party, O'Connor Brewing Co., Noon-9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Come join us for an all-day St. Patrick’s Day party as we celebrate 6 awesome years of craft beer! There will be 6 special stouts + GREEN BEER, live music from Nate Sacks & The Framers, Irish-inspired menu items from Karnage Asada & Capt'n Crabby! Brewery tours, giant Jenga, giant connect four, shuffleboard & foosball! So come out and join us for this exceptionally special day at OBC! Cheers & Beers! * Due to the large capacity of this event, we will not be allowing dogs, tasting flights or growler fills this day!
Sat, Mar 19 - Frühlingfest 2016, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd, Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Frühling meaning spring and fest meaning, well, fest. We are celebrating 6 months until the tapping of the kegs at Oktoberfest, the return of warm spring weather, and most importantly to help raise money for The Beach Ambassadors of Virginia Beach! Come enjoy Wasserhund Brewing Company, Home Republic Brewpub, Back Bay Brewing, Pleasure House Brewing, and Big Ugly Brewing Company beer! Authentic German food will be available for additional purchase from The Bier Garden, or Wasserhund Pizza. From 12-3pm there will be a live DJ spinning all the fun day drinking music you can handle, and from 3pm-6pm The Special Guests will take the stage to get your evening started off right! Tickets are $25 a person which includes admission, souvenir cup, and 2 drink tickets! Additional drink tickets will be available for purchase. The Beach Ambassadors will have an amazing silent auction with all proceeds going to benefit The Beach Ambassadors, as well as a portion of the events revenue going to them as well!
Sat, Mar 19 - Hoops & Hops & Shamrocks, Khedive Shriner Center, 6 - 9:00 pm, 645 Woodlake Dr., Chesapeake. A truly great time! All you can drink craft beer and all you can eat food provided by Off the Hook mixed with some college basketball and socializing with friends, why would you not get a ticket for $25?!? Call (757) 647-5043 for more details or to purchase tickets.
Sat, Apr 16 - The inaugural York River Beer Festival, Watermen’s Museum, 12-5:00 pm, 309 Water St, Yorktown. Presented by the Watermen’s Museum, featuring over 20 craft breweries at this historic location in Yorktown, Virginia. A venue like no other, located on the York River, including beach access, museum tours, cannon fire kick-off and a river viewing deck. Throughout the venue you will find live music, cornhole, arts and crafts, the best food trucks in Hampton roads and 40+ beers available from over 20 craft breweries. The cost of admission is $35 pre-sale plus fees and $40 day-of. Admission includes unlimited complimentary 4oz samples, a tasting glass, and live music performances. Tickets available at: https://yorkriverbeerfestival.eventbrite.com/
Sat, Apr 23 - 2016 Coastal Virginia Beer Fest & Food Truck Rodeo, 12:00 pm, Military Aviation Museum, 1341 Princess Anne Rd, Virginia Beach. Our 2nd annual Beer Fest and Food Truck Rodeo is back, and at the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo! Enjoy unlimited craft beer tastings, live music, prizes, vendors, a wine garden and more! Tickets will be on sale soon. Save the date!
Sat, May 7 - Town Center Craft Beer Festival, Virginia Beach Town Center, 1 - 6:00 pm, Central Park Ave., Virginia Beach. Something’s brewing at the annual craft beer festival at Town Center in Virginia Beach! The Town Center Craft Beer Festival will feature local Virginia beers and national and regional craft beers and ciders. Tickets include sampling of over 50 craft beers from over 25 breweries, and live entertainment.
Sat/Sun, May 21/22 - 15th Annual Virginia Beer Festival, Town Point Park, 2 - 6:00 pm, Riverside, Waterside Drive, Downtown Norfolk. The Mid-Atlantic’s largest, oldest and most dynamic beer festival celebrates a diverse selection of more than 150 brews from around the world. America’s craft beer explosion combines with international tradition to create a unique culinary experience. Travel around the world in one afternoon in a taste bud tantrum along the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront at one of USA Today’s 2013 Best Beer Festivals! https://festevents.org/
Thu, May 26 - 2016 Bacon Bash: A Bacon, Beer & Bourbon Affair, The Virginia Living Museum, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, 524 J Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News. Celebrating the love of bacon, The Rotary Club of City Center Newport News will host its signature charity event featuring local restaurants serving up their best bacon-inspired dish! Guests will sample each dish and will have an opportunity to cast a vote for the People’s Choice Award to be presented at the end of the evening. In addition, the evening will include a Virginia bourbon tasting experience from the historic family-owned A. Smith Bowman Distillery, beer from Virginia’s finest microbreweries, wine, and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages. http://rotaryccnn.wix.com/baconbash
PINT NIGHTS / TAP TAKEOVERS / KEG TAPPINGS:
Now thru Mar 16 - Nine Winter Nights, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 25 Main St, Smithfield. Winter is ending with Nine Dark Draft Beers: South Street’s Soft-Serve, Oskar Blues’ Death By Coconut, Pleasure House’s Peppermint Stout, Evil Twin’s Imperial Biscotti Break, Oskar Blues’ Ten Fidy, Sweet Water’s Pulled Pork Porter, O'Connor’s Bold Man, COV’s Travesty, and Evil Twin’s Imperial Doughnut Break. Drink all nine and get a limited edition WHBC Anniversary Shirt. Spring Cometh…
Now thru Mar 18 - Kiss Me I’m Irish Red Ale Release, Home Republic, 6:00 pm, 328 Laskin Rd Virginia Beach. Come celebrate St Patrick’s day at Home Republic with a pint of our Kiss Me I’m Irish Red Ale!
Mon, Mar 14
- Trivia Night, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Mondays are the new Fridays at Wasserhund! Come check out trivia every Monday, from 7-9 pm. Drink beer, eat pizza, and win some great prizes!
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Ghent, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Steal the Pint Night, HK on the Bay, 6-8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd, Virginia Beach. Head on out to HK on the Bay to enjoy some delicious brews. Monday nights in March we will be pouring Commonwealth from all four taps, featuring Aureole Belgian lager, Wapatoolie IPA, and The Wealth Belgian Ale. The first 24 guests get to Steal the Pint! Also be on the ‘Lookout’ for details about our Firkin event on Friday March 18th! Hang with us, eat some good food and drink some great beer.
- O'Connor’s Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night featuring Norfolk’s O'Connor Brewing Co. Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
- Devils Backbone Skull Crushing Ape Steal the Pint Night, The Sandbar Grill and Pub, 736 J Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News. Join us Monday as we’ll be having our first Steal the Pint Night! We’ll be featuring Devil’s Backbone Skull Crushing Ape; an amalgamation of three German brewing styles, Schwarz, Weisen and Dopple Bock, brought together with an American flair.
- Point 2 and Brew with Newton Running, Point 2 Running Company & Whole Foods Newport News, 6:00 pm, 12080 Jefferson Ave, Ste 910, Newport News. We’re partnering with Point 2 Running Company every Monday for a Point 2 & Brew Pub Run! The 3 mile runs will begin at Point 2 in The Marketplace at Tech Center and end with Happy Hour at Oyster Point Pub at Whole Foods Market Newport News. No registration required and runners of all levels are welcome. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- 2 Year Anniversary, Dog Street Pub Running Club, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. We will be celebrating 2 years of Run Club. Come out and join us with raffles from our sponsors Alewerks Brewing Company and Iron-Bound Gym. There will be awesome food and beverage specials along with a few surprises. Whether this will be your first run or 80th come out and join for a fun run with great people!
Tue, Mar 15
- Taco Tuesday, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 3 - 8:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Virginia Beach. Come get your Taco Fix with one of our favorite Food Trucks.
- Trivia Tuesdays, Home Republic, 7 - 9:00 pm, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach. What goes better with beer than a friendly competition for prizes? We are excited to have Trivia Tuesdays with Smartmouth Trivia and of course, food and drink specials!
- Steal the glass, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. $1 pint glass with a minimum $10 purchase.
- Tasty Tuesday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 4 - 8:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Come join us for happy hour with great beer and friends in our Tasting Room every Monday from 4-8 pm!
- Tap Takeover: Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery, 80/20 Burger Bar, 6:00 pm, 123 W 21st St, Norfolk. There will be free glassware to the first 48 guests! 6 beers on draft! Vanilla Virginia Black Bear, Imperial Stout, Citra Fresh IPA, Three Chopt Tripel, Belgian Tripel, Maiden’s Adventure Saison, Twelfth Night Belgian Quad, Heir Apparent (FIRKIN) Russian Imperial Stout.
- Tap Takeover Seven Arrows Brewing Company, Tap It Local, 6 - 9:00 pm, 244 Granby St, Norfolk. Come join us and Seven Arrows Brewing Company out of Waynesboro, Va. for great beer and food! Get here early to get your pint glass!
- Legend Brewing Company Steal the Glass Night, Triangle, 6:00 pm, 601 Prince George St, Williamsburg. It’s St. Patrick’s Week, & TRIANGLE’s celebrating by inviting our friends from Legend Brewing Company back to the bar! We’ll be featuring their Hopfest Imperial IPA, Ütebier, AND their brand new one-off in their Urban Legend line, Gorilla Train Coffee Stout on draft, with Legend Lager in bottles… buy the beer, “steal” the glass! The first 24 to steal glasses will be in for a glassware surprise… Trivia with Eric starts up at 8 pm!
- Thirsty Taco Tuesday, St. George Brewing Company, 4:30 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Come hang with us and 'Stuft Not Your Average Street Food’.
Wed, Mar 16
- Duck Call, Back Bay Brewing Company, 7-10:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. An evening of music hosted by Harrison Bounds, featuring Sam Burchfield from 7-10 pm.
- Vinyl Night at Commonwealth, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 7 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. Got some sweet vinyl? Bring them to Commonwealth Brewing Company, when we will be putting a needle on everyone’s choicest of selections! Good music, great craft beer and good times at this funky record party!
- Vinyl Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 4-8:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. If you like good music, good beer, and the sound of vintage vinyl, then come by and check us out every Wednesday, when we make this threesome happen. And feel free to bring in your own records to throw on our turntable – we’d love to see what you’ve got! We’ve got many draft options to choose from while enjoying the music.
- Weekly Wednesday Free Tasting, bottleBOX, 5:30-8:00 pm, 325B W. 21st Street, Ghent, Norfolk. Hey Norfolk! Looking to try some new craft beers? Then join us for another Free tasting at bottleBOX. Hang out try beers and discover a new favorite.
- Team Trivia Night, The Barrel Room, 7:00 pm, 437 Granby St, Norfolk. Grab Your Friends & Test Your Knowledge at The Barrel Room’s Monthly Trivia Night. Free to Play! Prizes! Great Food & Drink.
- Pete’s Pub Trivia, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 6-8:00 pm (open 4:30-9:00 pm), 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Now every Wednesday! Let Pete challenge your knowledge of random facts and information. No charge. Starts promptly at 6 pm. Teams of 6 or less. Winners may choose either glassware or growler as prize. Plus tasty street food from 'Karnage Asada’ food truck.
- Beer Education, The Birch Bar, 5:00 pm - Midnight, Chelsea, 1231 W. Olney Rd., Norfolk. We feature special tappings of rare beer, we pour crazy bottles by the glass, and we even sometime incorporate food into it!
- Penny Pint Night, Gosport Tavern, 6:00 pm, 702 High Street, Portsmouth. Our weekly Wednesday Penny Pint Glass night. With the purchase of a pint, you will be able to keep the first glass you get. Starts at 6 pm so make your plans now before they are all gone! I hope to see everyone there! Cheers!
- O'Connor’s Steal the Pint Night, Mellow Mushroom Newport News, 5 - 9:00 pm, 12090 Jefferson Ave. Su. 1500, Newport News. Pizza and beer? Good. Award winning pizza and beer? Great! Award winning pizza and award winning beer? FANTASTIC! Make sure y'all come out to show support for an amazing local craft brewery!
- Smartmouth Steal the Pint Night, Manhattan’s NY Deli & Pub, 601 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Come grab a brew from local Norfolk Brewery, Smartmouth Brewing Co. Good friends, good food and good brews.
- Seven Arrows Steal the Glass, Craft 60 Ale House, 4:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. 1st 100 guests to order a regular priced pint of Seven Arrows craft beer will get a free logo glass.
- Trivia Night, Alewerks Brewing Company, 6:30 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. We know how competitive you trivia nerds are. You try and try to finish strong, only to have your hopes dashed. See you at Alewerks Trivia, and arrive early for the best seats, Game at 7 pm.
Thu, Mar 17
- Reaver Beach Pint Night, Your Pie Hilltop, 5 - 9:00 pm, 754 Hilltop North Shopping Ctr, Virginia Beach. We’re hosting Reaver Beach Brewery this St. Patrick’s Day! Draft specials on all 20 beers all night long & a special Steal the Pint deal with Reaver Beach. Come down and save some green this St. Patty’s Day at Your Pie Hilltop.
- Burgers, Beers, & Irish Cheers, St. Patrick’s Day at Lager Heads, Lager Heads Restaurant - LHVB, 5:00 pm, 3315 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach. Join us on St. Patrick’s Day as we celebrate the luck of the Irish and our general love for great food and beer with a benefit for the Virginia Gentlemen JT’s Camp Grom! We will be celebrating all day long with our March edition of our Always in Seasoned burger that pairs perfectly with O'Connor Brewing Co.’s Odis Irish Stout. From 5-9pm, our friends at O'Connor Brewing Co. will takeover our taps with three of their favorite beers, Odis Irish Stout, Haulin’ Oats Oatmeal Stout and their public release of the Heavy Footed Double IPA. They will be giving away all kinds of prizes, samples, and you will be able to take your glass home!
- Pint Night, Chicho’s More Than Pizza, 29th St., Virginia Beach. Each Thursday we switch out one of the taps with a new IPA or other craft beer. When you buy a pint of it you get the glass as a gift.
- Vinyl Night, Back Bay Brewing Company, 7-10:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Spinning records starting at 7 pm, hosted by BYO Records!
- Pizza & Pint Night, Baker’s Crust, Hilltop, Ghent, Greenbrier & Williamsburg, Every Thu after 4:00 pm. Originating in Naples, Italy, our Neapolitan pizzas mimic that of the traditional Neapolitan Pizza using only 00 flour, hand-stretched dough, house-made fresh mozzarella & Italian tomatoes. Our pizzas are brought to life in our oak wood-fired oven, creating pizzas with an added layer of texture and flavor. $6 Pizzas, PLUS a Special Happy Hour from 4-9 pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Kegs & Eggs, Whole Foods Market Hampton Roads, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join us for Kegs & Eggs this St. Patrick’s Day! Fill your plate with delicious breakfast food from our Hot Bar for just $8 a plate. We’ll also have Guinness on draft to go along with your meal (priced separately).
- Beer School, the Porch at Whole Foods Virginia Beach, 6:30-8:00 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join one of our beer experts on The Porch for a different topic each week. 21 years of age or older with valid ID, $6.50
- St. Patrick’s Day with O'Connor Brewing Co., Tubby’s Tavern, 2224 Virginia Beach Blvd, Ste 113, Virginia Beach. Come celebrate St. Paddy’s Day at O'Tubby’s Irish Tavern with green Green Can Ale by O'Connor’s Brewing Co. Great food and drink specials including: Corned Beef + Cabbage; Shepherd’s Pie; Irish Soup; Poutine.
- Free Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30-7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Pizza Norfolk, 5:00 pm to close, Wards Corner, 7550 Granby St., Norfolk. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- St. Patrick’s Day Beer Release, O'Connor Brewing Co., 4-10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. What could be a better way to spend St. Patrick’s Day than at your neighborhood Irish roots brewery?!? Glasgow Kiss will be playing with Dan Pellegrino! Hours will be extended until 10 pm, for the sake of partying! And of course… after countless requests to produce an oatmeal stout…the time has finally come! Haulin’ Oats Oatmeal Stout is here! Not only that, we’ll also have GREEN BEER! New York Souvlaki & Pino’s Meatballs will be serving up all the yummies!
- St. Patrick’s Day, Coelacanth Brewing Company - CBC, 3 - 10:00 pm, 760 W 22nd St, Norfolk. Join us on St. Patrick’s Day for extended hours; good times and awesome beer!
- St Patrick’s Day at BMBC, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5-9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. Come out to BMBC on St Patrick’s Day. Live music by Mike Proffitt and 'Tia’s Fajitas’ Food Truck.
- St Patrick’s Day Penny Pint Night at The Public House, 5-8:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave, Norfolk. Our weekly pint night. The taps will be flowing at 5 pm so get here early and enjoy a few pints. Cheers!
- PHB/Barrel Room St. Patty’s Day Pot'O Food Drive & Celebration, The Barrel Room, 4:00 pm, 437 Granby St, Norfolk. This year, why not add charity to your celebration of St. Patty’s? From now through March 17, PHB will be collecting canned or boxed food at the brewery. On St. Patty’s Day, we’ll take it over to join the collections at The Barrel Room and top it all off with a St. Patty’s Day bash! No Cover. Live Music starting at 8 pm, with James West. Specials all day long. Best Dressed Leprechaun Contest!
- Real Ale / Pizza Night, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 4:30-9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Tonight we’ll tap a cask of Real Ale: Third Rail Belgian Tripel w/ Raspberries. And 'Bakehouse at Chelsea’ will be delivering pizzas right to the Taproom.
- Cheesemonger Thursday, The Birch, 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A special board is made to pair with the featured beer of the evening. Plus, buy a board get a cheese for free!
- St Patrick’s Day Steal the Pint Night, Roger Brown’s Restaurant and Sports Bar, 5-9:00 pm, 316 High Street, Portsmouth. Join us tonight for our weekly “Steal the Pint Night” at Roger Brown’s. FYI, when you buy a pint, you get to take home one of our decorative pint glasses.
- St Patty’s Day Shenanigans, The Point at Phoebus - Spirits and Comfort Foods, 4 - 9:00 pm, 30 Mellen St E, # E, Hampton. You don’t want to miss the party! Micah Foxx and The Hounds will play from 4-8 pm, dancing and drinking will abound! Green Beer Specials also Shepherd’s Pie and Corned Beef and Cabbage!!!
- St. Paddy’s Day Beer & Food Crawl to Benefit Whole Planet Foundation, Whole Foods Market Newport News, 5 - 8:00 pm, Newport News. Come celebrate as we serve a festive Irish dish and beer sample (4 oz.) in each of our Departments. End the night in our Pub where we’ll have 15 beers on draft including green beer and many local options for purchase. Wine & spirits also available. Registration required on Eventbrite. $10/per person at the door – All proceeds benefit the Whole Planet Foundation which works to alleviate poverty through microcredit in communities around the world that supply Whole Foods Market stores with products.
- St. Patrick’s Day Party with The Dearhearts & Poisoned Dwarf Release, Craft 60 Ale House, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Come celebrate St. Patrick’s day with us Craft 60 Ale House. Awesome local live music provided by The Dearhearts. Plus we are tapping our keg of Poisoned Dwarf by Alewerks Brewing Company. Part of their small bath series. Great music, awesome beer, & the best staff in town. St. Patrick would be proud!
- Steal the Pint Night Featuring O'Connor Brewing, Water Street Grille, 5-9:00 pm, 323 Water Street, Yorktown. Purchase any O'Connor Brewing Beer on tap and receive a souvenir glass to take home! Limit one glass per customer. While supplies last. Like us on Facebook and get notifications. 757.369.5644
- St. Paddy’s Slider Night, Dog Street Pub, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three unique sliders paired with three taste size beers ready to start your weekend early. Slider night tempts us out in the cold of January and February but will end before spring so get them while you can.
- O'Connor Steal the Pint Night, Fat Tuna Oyster Bar and Grill, 5-9:00 pm, 1433 Richmond Rd., Williamsburg. Come get lucky with Norfolk’s own O’Conner’s Brewing on St. Patrick’s Day. We will have 4 of their tastiest taps: Zephyrweisse, Odis Dry Irish Stout, Heavy Footer (Double IPA), and the VERY NEW Jamestown Island Old Ale-aged in Wasmund’s Single Malt Whiskey Barrels! The only place to have the Jamestown Island other than at O’Conner’s Brewery. Enjoy all you can eat crab legs. While you are at it try our wood grilled oysters with Zephyrweisse butter (we have 5 different oysters to choose from!) and the Grouper Rueben with the oyster zephyr butter. We will also have the corned beef, cabbage, and green beer! Continue the Luck of the Irish with a LUCKY Irish Shooter (we will have two Lucky Irish Shooters for you to choose from)! If you didn’t feel quite Irish enough, you can take home an O’Conner’s Greenie Growler!
Thu-Sun, Mar 17-20 - St. Patrick’s Day Weekend at Alewerks, Alewerks Brewing Company, 197 Ewell Rd, Williamsburg. Get your Irish on at Alewerks Brewing Company for St. Patrick’s Day weekend. Kicking off on Thursday, we will have green Shorty Time on tap as well as the return of Poisoned Dwarf Dry Irish Stout on nitro. The fun continues on Saturday when the Parrotheads of the Phininsula take over the Biergarten with live music from Dave McKenney and Friends from 5-8 pm. Then finish off the weekend on Sunday when 'Poisoned Dwarf’ performs LIVE from 2-4 pm.
Fri, Mar 18
- Hoppy Friday, Reaver Beach Brewing, 3-9:00 pm, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. The 'Lucky Peach’ will be here 4-8 pm serving up some yummy food. And don’t forget, it’s Hoppy Friday with discounts on most drafts.
- Food Truck Friday, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 3-8:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Virginia Beach. This Friday we welcome 'Karnage Asada’ for your beer pairing pleasure.
- Meet the Brewer with Jennifer Yuengling at Lager Heads, Lager Heads Restaurant - LHVB, 6:30 pm, 3315 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach. Join us on the eve of the Shamrock Marathon weekend as we host the presenting sponsor Yuengling. Meet the Brewer: Featuring Jennifer Yuengling, VP of Operations & Brewing for America’s Oldest Brewery. Lager Heads’ guests can meet Jennifer, ask any questions about D.G. Yuengling & Son, the portfolio of beers, and the brewing process, etc. Bring your favorite Yuengling gear or grab some here for her to sign! We will have drink specials, and of course, we will be serving our March burger, The Dubliner, all night long!
- Charlotte Hour, Lynnhaven Pub, 5-8:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Join us out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer, and grab a ready brew.
- Food Truck Friday, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3:00 pm - 12:00 am, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. Welcome the tasty treats from Bro’s Fish Tacos as they join the Commonwealth Brewing Company for dinner on Friday, March 18th. Pack your gills full of some fresh fish and cold, crafted, deliciousness.
- Friday Firkin, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. On Fridays we tap a cask ale from local or regional Craft Brewers. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!
- Food Truck Friday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 4 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. TGIF! Looking for somewhere different to go on Friday night that is friendly, lively, and FUN! Well then come on down y'all to the OBC where every Friday night we have good times, lots of our delectable craft beers. Catch the “Streakin Rican” food truck, 'Sofrito’, and sample their delicious Puerto Rican fare from 4-9 pm!
- Food Truck Friday, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Come enjoy tasty grub from 'Thai Express’ food truck.
- Special Friday Night Beer and Cheese Pairing Menu, The Birch, 3:00 pm - 2:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
- Live Music/Food Truck Friday, St. George Brewing Company, 4-8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Come hang with our friends from ’Stuft’, and tunes by PC & J!
- Free Beer Tasting, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5-8:00 pm, Williamsburg. Come by every Friday to try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans.
Sat, Mar 19
- Bottle Release: Reaver’s Salvation, Reaver Beach Brewing Co., 12 - 9:00 pm, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd, Virginia Beach. We’re pleased to present another new addition to our wild beer family: REAVER’S SALVATION - a farmhouse style ale refermented with watermelon in oak barrels with Brettanomyces, and wild yeast/souring bacteria native to Coastal Virginia. Available on draft and to go in 750ml bottles. There will be a bottle limit of 3 per person, per day. Thai Express will be here keeping you fed.
- Brew n Chow Saturday, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 12 - 11:00
pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Virginia Beach. This Saturday we welcome 'Get Stuffed’ for your beer pairing pleasure.
- Grub N Brews, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 12:00 pm - 12:00 am, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. The COOP is loose at Commonwealth Brewing Company. Fly by for some of the best gourmet breakfast sandwiches and wraps all day long!
- Kopimanis Latte Stout Release Party, Coelacanth Brewing Company - CBC, 1 - 8:00 pm, 760 W 22nd St, Norfolk. Working with our friends at Java Surf Café & Espresso Bar®, we’ve designed this highly drinkable Stout using organic, direct-trade beans from Sumatra (where “kopi manis” means “Sweet Coffee”) and Costa Rica. Join us as we release this beer to the joy of Beer & Coffee lovers throughout Hampton Roads. 623 Jazz Combo performs 5-8 pm, and 'New York Souvlaki’ serves up food.
- Brew n Chow, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12-9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. Pair our local brews with tasty food from 'Sofrito’ the Rockin Rican.
- Beer, Grub & Tunes, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 12 - 7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Celebrate your Saturday with fresh local beer, live music by 'Glasgow Bhoys’, 4:30 - 6:30 pm, and tasty street food by a Mystery food truck.
- 5th-ish Annual St. Patrick’s Day Landlubbers Boat Parade, Marker 20, 6:00 pm, 21 E. Queens Way, Hampton. Hey! St. Pat’s is on its way! Check out the Land Lubber Parade on Saturday, March 19! The Parade is one block long and lasts 10 minutes, 3,000 beads or 3 Barry White songs whichever comes first. Just like in Dublin. NEW THIS YEAR PRIZES!!! Fun, fun prizes for things like boat decorations and or human decorations. (757) 726-9410
- TACO CAT Spelled Backwards is TACO CAT, The St. George Brewing Company, 11:00 am, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Sponsored by Poquoson Animal Welfare Sanctuary & St. George Brewing Company. Food Trucks: Bro’s Fish Tacos’ and 'Stuft’. Kid Play Area with Face Painting. Beer Tasting and Tour. 60+ Craft Vendors. Raffle Prizes. Bake Sale. Bands. Bring donations to benefit P.A.W.S. and receive tickets for raffle prizes. Donation Needs List: Purina Cat/Kitten Chow, Bag treats, KMR powder or cans, Blue Dawn dishwashing liquid, Paper towels, Antibacterial wipes, Bleach, Detergent, Odoban, Windex.
Sun, Mar 20
- Growler Power Hours, Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 2-4:00 pm (open from 1-6:00 pm), 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. The weekend’s not over, from 2-4 pm we offer discounts on all growler and grenade fills! 'Shore Thing’ Foods will be here serving up their always amazing menu!
- Crockpot Sunday, Pleasure House Brewing, 6-8 pm (open 12-10:00 pm), 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Come eat our contestants’ crockpot creations! Try them all and vote. The winner gets PHB gift card! Just a minimum $3 donation that goes to charity and you too can be a judge!
- Sunday Grub n Brew, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. Bodacious Pizza will be with Commonwealth Brewing Company, slinging pies of delight for dinner. Bodaciousness and a pint or three… enough said!
- Poses & Pints/'Get Stuffed’ Brunch/SIN, O'Connor Brewing Co., 10:30 am - 6:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Every other Sunday Rose Goyette will be leading a class from 10:30am - 11:45am, followed by the opportunity to have a couple of post yoga beers at a great discount! Then cure your hangover with 'Get Stuffed’ food truck from 12-6 pm! And it’s Service Industry Night, so if you work in a bar or restaurant, we’ve got an exclusive happy hour just for you!
- Sunday Salute, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12-6:00 pm, 2409 Bowden’s Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Discount on draught for all Active Duty Military and Veterans.
- Smartmouth Sundays, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 1-5:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Our tasting room will be open from 1-5pm serving up delicious craft beer in its many vessels and offering all the Smartmouth swag you can get your hands on. Plus awesome waffle concoctions by 'Waffletina’ Pop-up.
- Brews and Blues Jam series, Manhattan’s NY Deli & Pub, 3 - 7:00 pm, 601 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Bring your instrument and join a great local artist for Good live Blues, paired with our featured beer Craft Beer. Good friends, good food and good Blues.
- Live Music and Steal the Vessel Sundays, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12-5:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg . Live music runs from 2-5 pm with 'Train Hoppers’. Plus every Sunday is Steal the Vessel on American style growlers and grunts.
Mon, Mar 21
- Trivia Night, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Mondays are the new Fridays at Wasserhund! Come check out trivia every Monday, from 7-9 pm. Drink beer, eat pizza, and win some great prizes!
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Ghent, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Steal the Pint Night, HK on the Bay, 6-8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd, Virginia Beach. Head on out to HK on the Bay to enjoy some delicious brews. Monday nights in March we will be pouring Commonwealth from all four taps, featuring Aureole Belgian lager, Wapatoolie IPA, and The Wealth Belgian Ale. The first 24 guests get to Steal the Pint! Also be on the 'Lookout’ for details about our Firkin event on Friday March 18th! Hang with us, eat some good food and drink some great beer.
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night. Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
Tue, Mar 22
- COTU Tap Takeover Tuesday, The Whiskey Kitchen, 6-9:00 pm, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach. On the Tuesdays this winter, we’ll invite a brewery to take over some of our taps with the beers they want to feature. Come in and enjoy a beer with one of our favorite regional Breweries, Center of the Universe Brewing Co. from Ashland, MD. Sample some of their tasty brews, and start or add to your cool collection of Brew logo glassware.
Wed, Mar 23
- Big Ugly Tall Tales, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. If you love great craft beer and great books, this is the one for you. This will be a monthly event on the third Wednesday of each month and is open to anyone and everyone. The first book that we will be discussing is The Toltec Art of Life and Death by Don Miguel Ruiz. Pick up your copy now and start reading!
Thu, Mar 24
- Beer, Beats and Brewer, Esoteric, 5:00 pm, 501 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come help us welcome, for the first time in VB, Richmond’s finest. The Answer and Head Brewer Brandon Tolbert @batolbert. We’ll be tappin all kinds of @theanswerva kegs and generally havin some 'solid’ good times.
- Tap Takeover Thursday with Terrapin, Home Republic, 6 - 10:30 pm, 328 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join us Thursday for our Tap Takeover Thursday as Terrapin Beer Co., from Athens, GA takes over our taps. And you can steal a pint at Home Republic!
Fri, Mar 25
- Brewery Spotlight Tasting, Hosted by Total Wine & More Virginia Beach, 6:30-8:30 pm, 1744 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join us for a brewery spotlight event featuring New Belgium Brewing. Attendees will enjoy a fun step-by-step appraisal of a wide variety of beer styles, including a focus on New Belgiums world-renowned sour beers. Reserve a seat now and get ready for some amazing beers from New Belgium! $10 per person - http://www.totalwine.com/class/brewery-spotlight-event-new-belgium-brewing/virginia-beach/virginia/e/ec95611
- Old Bust Head Brewing Co. Beer Tasting, Great Bottles, 7:00 pm, 1901 Governors Pointe Dr., Suffolk. Our free beer tasting for March is with Old Bust Head Brewing! Amazing, award winning, Virginia craft brewery!
- O'Connor Steal The Pint Night, Tapps, 6:00 pm, 1976 Power Plant Pkwy, Hampton. Drink some good beer, eat some good food, and steal the pint featuring O'Connor’s Brewing Company! Call Ashley to find out how to get extended specials (757)303-8352
- Spring Fish Fry, DoG Street Pub, 5:30 - 8:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Food, Music, Fun! A family friendly outdoor fish fry directly in front of the DoG Street Pub. Help us celebrate the start of spring with live music from the Billy Joe Trio. Just $15 plus tax per person gets a plate full of all your fish fry favorites: hush puppies, coleslaw, boardwalk style french fries, a beverage and of course fried fish! Tickets available at http://www.dogstreetpub.com/ or to purchase day of!
- Opening Day, Berret’s Taphouse Grill, 199 South Boundary St., Williamsburg. The Taphouse Grill is our casual outdoor bar and grill that celebrates a more contemporary Virginia than our historic neighbors across Duke of Gloucester Street. The menu features seafood, chicken and beef, highlighting Virginia specialties such as oysters, crab, and fresh produce. Steamed whole Virginia blue crabs are available during the summer. The Taphouse has a full bar that includes a wine menu featuring unique selections that highlight award winning wines from across the state, and a beer menu with more local microbrews on tap.
Sat, Mar 26
- Yoga on Tap, The St. George Brewing Company, 9:30 am, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Our Tasting room is open from 10 am to 6 pm, but every Saturday morning we host 'Yoga on Tap’, a one hour Vinyasa flow yoga class, by Yaz Yoga.
- Grand Opening, The Virginia Beer Company, 401 Second St., Williamsburg. The reports of Virginia Beer Co.’s opening have been greatly exaggerated…but not by much! Here at 401 we have been brewing on both our 30-barrel brewhouse and our 5-barrel pilot system since late January. We’re working hard to get our 2,000 sq. ft. taproom and 2,000 sq. ft. beer garden ready to host each and every one of you. And it’s all finally coming together! Our beers and our facility are almost ready. We’ll be putting 401 through its final paces in the coming weeks. We’ll have plenty of beers and plenty of cheers ready and waiting for everyone
Thu, Mar 31
- March Movie Night featuring Point Break (the new one!), Back Bay Brewing, 6:30 - 9:30 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave, Virginia Beach. Local beer, Point Break, friends, and F… B… I AGENTS! What’s not to get excited about? Join Surfrider Virginia Beach Chapter for an evening of 100% pure adrenaline at Back Bay Brewing Company’s upstairs special events room. Bring a beach chair and snacks if you want them, we’ll be serving up some popcorn. Of course Back Bay beer and Surfrider, VB Chapter swag will be available for purchase.
Sat, Apr 9
- Weeping Radish 30th Anniversary Celebration, 1-6:00 pm, 6810 Caratoke Hwy, Grandy, North Carolina 27939. $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Selection of NC Breweries, Great Local Food Vendors, Brewery Tours, Live Music, Wine Tours at Sanctuary Vineyards. www.WeepingRadish.com
Sun, Apr 10
- Pints for Pups In Honor of Marilyn Butt, Smartmouth Beer, 1-5:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave, Norfolk. Join us as we celebrate the life of Marilyn and her love for family and friends (both two- and four-legged). We are shutting down the street from 1-5pm and welcome special musical guests, Three Sheets To The Wind | America’s #1 tribute to Yacht Rock. All dogs are welcome but must remain outside of the brewery. There is a $5 admission fee for all guests which goes directly towards Marilyn’s favorite charity, the SPCA.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BREWERY:
Over FOURTEEN Local Breweries, with more on the way
O'Connor Brewing Company, 211 W. 24th Street, Norfolk
We are a mighty yet humble craft brewery located in an “industrial section” of Norfolk’s Ghent neighborhood/district. Our mission is to create an original, world-class craft beer experience for all beer lovers through our innovative, evolving products and services while supporting our local communities. Cheers! http://oconnorbrewing.com/
Taproom Hours: Mon-Thu 4-8:00 pm, Fri 4-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 12-6:00 pm
Smartmouth Brewing Company, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk
Epiphany and barley were not-so-secret ingredients that led our president, Porter Hardy, to take Smartmouth from homebrew experimentation to one of the Southeast’s most promising startup breweries. After years of bottled up dreaming finally came to a head, he’s traded his briefcase and corner office for pint glasses and tap handles, and now, with help from inspired brewers and a collection of like-minded investors/friends, Smartmouth is ready to please palettes anywhere that’ll have us. http://smartmouthbrewing.com/
Tasting Room hours: Wed-Fri 4:30-9:00 pm, Sat 12-7:00 pm
Sat: Discounted Growler Fills from 12-2 pm, and Free Brewery tours on the hour, 2-6 pm
The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 2409 Bowden’s Ferry Rd., Norfolk
Bold Mariner Brewing Company, brewing traditional styles of quality craft ales for you. www.boldmariner.com
Taproom Hours: Wed/Thu 5-9:00 pm, Fri 4-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 12-6:00 pm
Coelacanth Brewing Company - CBC, 760 W 22nd St, Norfolk
We are many things: A family-owned & independent brewery dedicated to the craft of brewing; A gathering place for locals and visitors; A venue for artists and musicians to showcase their talents; A painstaking, labor-of-love renovation of a derelict warehouse, and so much more. Offering unique takes on classic styles, Coelacanth will be your new favorite place to try interesting, hand-crafted ales & lagers in a relaxing atmosphere. www.coelacanth.com
Taproom hours: Wed/Thu 4-8:00 pm, Fri 4-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 1-6:00 pm (last call 30 minutes before closing)
Discounted growler fills for 1st hour each day.
Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach
We’re proud of what we create here and love nothing more than sharing our passion with others. www.reaverbeach.com
Taproom Hours: Tue-Fri 3-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 1-6:00 pm
Young Veterans Brewing Company, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Virginia Beach
High Speed - High Quality. Veteran Owned and Operated. www.yvbc.com
Tasting Hours: Tue-Thu 1500-2000, Fri 1500-2300, Sat 1200-2300, Sun 1200-2000 Military Discount - 15% with valid ID
Back Bay Brewing Company, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach
Founded in 2011 by a group of Virginia Beach friends, with deep roots in Virginia Beach’s Back Bay, who all share their passion for beer and the outdoors. www.backbaybrewingco.com
Taproom Hours: Tue-Thu 3-10 pm, Fri/Sat 12n-12 am, Sun 3-10 pm
Pleasure House Brewing, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach
At Pleasure House Brewing we are passionate about two things: making great beer and serving our community! www.pleasurehousebrewing.com
Hours: Mon-Thu 3-10:00 pm, Fri 3-11:00 pm, Sat 12-11:00 pm, Sun 12-10:00 pm
Half-price growler fills will be in effect as always for the first & last hour of each day! And now Crowlers! Any of our draft beers to go, plus special releases (on or off premise), in Huge 32 oz. cans!!! Plus, bring your empty Crowlers (ours or anyone else’s) to PHB and receive $1 off your tab.
Wasserhund Brewing Company, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach
Wasserhund (meaning “water dog” in German) Brewing Company was born from a love of the beach, dogs, and German beer. We aspire to bring the German beer culture to Virginia Beach in the best way; by brewing the highest quality ales, lagers, and meads and providing the environment to enjoy them with family, friends, and strangers. www.wasserhundbrewing.com
Taproom Hours: Thu 4 - 9:00 pm, Fri 3 - 11:00 pm, Sat 12 - 11:00 pm, Sun 12 - 8:00 pm, Mon 4 - 9:00 pm
Commonwealth Brewing Company, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach
An artisanal, local family owned craft brewery located in the former Chesapeake Beach Volunteer Fire and Rescue site. At Commonwealth Brewing Company, we believe that beer should be adventurous, diverse, extremely drinkable, and sometimes even wild. We think there is a beer for everyone and find no greater pleasure than when our craft beguiles a friend to try something new. We uphold rustic farmhouse traditions, huge hop American styles, and the complex depths of wild fermentations. www.commonwealthbrewingcompany.com
Hours: Mon-Thu 3-10 pm, Fri 3 pm-12 am, Sat 12 pm-12 am, Sun 12-9 pm
Big Ugly Brewing Company, 1296 S. Battlefield Blvd, Chesapeake
Big, Bold, Barrel-aged Beers. Big Ugly is Chesapeake’s first microbrewery. We plan on revolutionizing our town one beer at a time. www.biguglybrewing.com
Hours: Wed/Thu 5-9 pm, Fri 5-10 pm, Sat 12-10 pm, Sun 12-4 pm
St. George Brewing Company, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton
We are a microbrewery in Hampton, VA. We produce traditional beers w/one-off’s in the mix. www.stgbeer.com
Tap Room Hours: Mon-Fri 3-5 pm, Sat 10 am-4 pm.
Retail and Tastings Mon through Sat. Brewery Tours Wed through Sat.
Alewerks Brewing Company, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg
Established in 2006 and located in the heart of the early colonies in Williamsburg, Virginia, we have rolled out a broad range of beer offerings and quickly established a reputation for fine beer. We operate a direct fired brick-clad Peter Austin brew house and ferment all our beers in state-of-the-art conical fermenters. http://alewerks.com/
Tasting Hours: Mon-Thu 12 - 9 pm*, Fri/Sat 12 - 9:30 pm, Sun 12 - 5 pm
Brass Cannon Brewing, 8105 Richmond Rd., Toano (Williamsburg)
Founded by enthusiastic homebrewers, Brass Cannon Brewing is a craft brewery dedicated to the production of high quality brews for sale on tap. We currently offer 6 quality brews at our tap room in Toano, VA. We usually have 4 year-round offerings, 1 seasonal and 1 langrage tap that changes whenever we feel like it. www.brasscannonbrewing.com
Hours: Sun 12 - 5:00 pm, Mon-Sat 12 - 7:00 pm
LOCAL CRAFT BEER BARS AND BREW PUBS:
The Birch Bar, Chelsea, 1231 W. Olney Rd., Norfolk
A Bar that specializes in Craft, Artisanal, European, Crazy-hard-to-say Beer and Cheese! http://thebirchbar.com/
Hours: Tue-Thu 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, Fri-Sat 3:00 pm - 2:00 am
Weekday Happy Hour: 5-7 pm, $1 off All Full Draft Beers, Tue, Wed, and Thu!
Weekend Happy Hour: 3-5 pm $2 off $5 and $7 Full Draft Beers, Fri and Sat!
Introducing Pintxo Hour! Yes another crazy hard to say special at The Birch. (Pronounced pincho!) aka Free Snack from 5-6 pm Tue thru Thu!
Norfolk Taproom, Corner of Granby & Main Streets, Downtown Norfolk
24 Beers on draft and over a hundred other beers from here, there, and everywhere.
Hours: Mon-Fri: 2:00 pm - 2:00 am, Sat-Sun: 12:00 pm - 2:00 am
Offering Norfolk’s best Happy Hour every day from 5-7:00 pm with great food and drink specials. If you have not done so already please follow us @norfolktap on Twitter for the best updates on specials and live music performances at the Norfolk TapRoom. See y'all tonight.
The Barrel Room, 437 Granby Street, Norfolk
A lively neighborhood eatery featuring live entertainment, craft beer, artisanal wine and premium spirits. https://www.facebook.com/TheBarrelRoomNorfolk/
Happy Hour is between 4-7 pm every day, with $1 off ALL BEERS! Check out our selection and come find your new favorite!
Hours: Tue-Thu 11 am - 12 am, Fri/Sat 1 1am - 2 am, Sun 11 am - 12 am
Tuesday Pint Nights: Feb 23 - Boulevard; Mar 1 - Left Hand
The Public House, Ghent, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk
Welcome to The Public House - Ghent’s first “gastropub.” GastroPub - It’s just a fancy word that people invented to describe places that put a creative spin on traditional pub food. We put a lot of work into creating those spins, though, like making nearly everything in-house and using as many locally or regionally produced products as possible. We hope you enjoy. www.publichouseeats.com
Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Taphouse Grill Ghent, 931 W. 21st Street, Norfolk
The ACME of craft beer in Norfolk since 1995; Fresh Fish, Vegetarian Fare, Pastas, Fish Tacos, Burgers, Wraps, Wings, 45 Taps, 100’s of Bottles. https://www.facebook.com/smellslikebeer/?fref=ts
Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Cogan’s Pizza Ghent, 1901 Colonial Ave, Norfolk
A local favorite since the 1970’s, and the Best pizza in Norfolk! Excellent selection of 33 Beers on tap including several seasonal brews! Whether you choose to enjoy a pie with the family in the dining room, a beer with some friends playing air hockey, a seat at the bar or a table on the best front porch/ patio in Ghent, we can guarantee you’ll have a great time! http://coganspizza.com/
Hours: Daily 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Cogan’s Pizza North, 4311 Colley Ave., Norfolk
Cogan’s North opened January 2015 on a stretch of North Colley, locally and loving referred to as Colleywood. Much like Cogan’s Norfolk, Cogan’s North specializes in Pizza and a large selection of craft beer (44 taps plus dozens of bottles!). Our modern dining room features a large community table, 2 state of the art pool tables, arcade games and of course, games just for the little gorillas. Upstairs is an incredible covered patio, where you can sit back and enjoy views of the water and our lovely NoCo neighborhood. http://coganspizza.com/
Hours: Daily 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Every Fri - Firkin Friday!
Belmont House of Smoke, Ghent, 2117 Colonial Ave, Norfolk
A True urban BBQ and Smokehouse, with a full upstairs Bar, outdoor deck and live Music venue, with a constantly changing selection of local, regional, and national craft beers. www.belmonthouseofsmoke.com
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 am - 2:00 am, Sun 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Live Music most Fri/Sat!
bottleBOX, Craft beer to-go, 325 B W 21st Street, Norfolk.
Ghent’s first Craft Beer bottle shop. Offering growler/crowler fills from 12 rotating taps (see the tap list on our website), an extensive bottle selection, gourmet snacks, and beer-related gifts. www.bottlebox.beer
Mon-Thu 2-10:00 pm, Fri/Sat 12 pm-12 am, Sun 12-8:00 pm
Every Wed - Free Beer Tasting
Exception(Ale) Growler Fills and Gourmet, 2000 Colonial Ave., Norfolk
exception(Ale) is a growler fill and gourmet food store. Offering the best craft beers to go as well as artisanal cheeses and foods paired for beer. www.exgrowlers.com
Hours: Mon-Fri 3-9:00 pm, Sat 12-10:00 pm, Sun 12-6 pm
Mix it Up, Wine, Cocktail Mixers, Craft Beers, Growlers, Flights & Pints, 2973 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach
We specialize in CRAFT beer, imports and domestic, wine and gifts, and drink mixers. We’ve got 50 Taps (YES 50!) to satisfy your need for Craft drafts. www.mixitupvirginiabeach.com
Hours: Mon-Thu 10:00 am - 10:00 pm, Fri/Sat 10:00 am - 11:00 pm, Sun 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Every Sun - BYOG Sunday! Bring in your own growler and receive 10% off your Fill!
Lynnhaven Pub, N Great Neck Beach, 2236 W. Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach
An Average of 100 Different Beers and New Styles Coming In Every Week! http://lynnhavenpub.com/
Hours: Mon-Sun, 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Every Fri - Free Tasting, from 5-8:00 pm. We will be out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer, and grab a ready brew.
The Porch at Whole Foods Market, West Hilltop, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach
An organic coffee bar and pub serving fresh-brewed organic coffee, seven local and craft beers on tap, wines by the glass and delicious pub food, including breakfast all day. Located in the front of the store, The Porch also features refillable growlers, mix-a-six custom six-pack program, weekly dinner specials and a NEW cheese platter menu. http://www.wholefoods.com/stores/virginiabeach
Hours: 7 days 7am to 9pm
Every Thu - Beer School, 6:30 pm.
Tapped Gastropub, Hilltop East, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach
Do-it-yourself Draught Tables to practice your perfect pour. Choose from our selection of local microbrews and enjoy a new favorite beer you can’t find anywhere else. Growlers now Available! www.tappedgastropub.com
Open daily 11:00 am - 1:30 am
Live Music Wed - Sun.
Every Wed - ALL of our bottled beers are Half off!
Every Thu - Virginia Craft Beer Night, $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers.
Lager Heads Restaurant, 3315 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach, at the Hilton Garden Inn Oceanfront
40 beers on tap, 12 signature handmade burgers, fresh seafood, patio dining with fire pits, live entertainment nightly in season. https://www.facebook.com/lagerheadsvb/
Open Daily from 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Home Republic, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach
Home Republic is a locally owned brewpub, restaurant, and wine shop. Our mission is to make every customer feel at home by sharing our passion for good beer, wine, and food. We serve our own beer, brewed on-site, locally brewed beers on draft, and bottled beers from around the world. www.homerepublicvabeach.com
Hours: Mon-Thu 3 - 10:30 pm, Friday 3 - 11:00 pm, Sat/Sun 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Every Tue - Trivia Tuesdays, 7-9:00 pm
Tap Takeover Thursdays: Mar 3 - Starr Hill, Mar 10 - Flying Mouse;
11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grill, VB Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach
Quench your thirst with 32 draft beers which includes micro, craft and macro brewed beer. www.11taphouse.com
Hours: Mon-Thu 4:00 pm-12:00 am, Fri-Sat 11:30 am-1:30 am, Sun 11:30 am-12:00 am
Every Thu - Draft Beer Night, from 4-9:00 pm we offer 50% off our rotating Drafts!
Every Fri/Sat Live Music
Whiskey Kitchen, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach
Locally brewed, grown and owned. We let our passion for real food and exceptional service be our guide. We use local vendors, and amazing employees to create your dining experience. http://thewhiskeykitchen.com/
Hours: Mon-Thu 11 am - 10 pm, Fri/Sat 11 am - 11 pm, Sun 11 am - 9 pm
An unmatched selection of Bourbons and Whiskeys, plus a large selection of Craft Beers, over 30 Taps!
Winter Tap Takeovers: Mar 8 - Heavy Seas; Mar 22 - Center of the Universe
Grape & Gourmet, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach.
Fine Wines, Craft Beer, & Unique gifts. www.grapeandgourmet.com
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Come check out our new Growler Filling Station!
Every Thu - Free Beer Tasting, 4:30-7:00 pm. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
1608 Crafthouse, 1608 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach
1608 Crafthouse is a contemporary, casual, “farm to table” restaurant featuring regional Southern cuisine with an emphasis placed on the bounty of the Mid-Atlantic region. 1608 Crafthouse, a chef driven concept, features sustainable, local products from the Chesapeake Bay/ Mid-Atlantic region. http://1608crafthouse.com/
Hours: Mon-Thu 3 - 10 pm, Fri 3 pm - 12 am, Sat 10 am - 12 am, Sun 10 am - 7 pm
To wet your whistle at 1608 we offer a variety of craft beers as well as hand-crafted elixirs.
The Bier Garden, 438 High St., Portsmouth
Family owned and operated by the Osfolk family since 1997, The Bier Garden is a German restaurant and bar, combining authentic Bavarian cuisine with a stellar European beer selection and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Whether you enjoy yourself in one of our two cozy indoor dining rooms, relax on our popular patio, or spend time with friends at the bar you are sure to feel at home. Come in and experience a bit of old world charm and gemutlichkeit with The Bier Garden family. www.biergarden.com
Hours: (Dining) Tue-Thu: 11 am - 9 pm, Fri-Sat: 11 am - 10 pm, Sun: 12-9 pm; (Bar) 7 days a week until 2 am
23 Taps, and over 400 different Biers, carefully curated & artfully assembled since 1997. We Now Fill Growlers and Carry Over 50 Specialty Liqueurs.
Wharf Hill Brewing Company, 25 Main Street, Smithfield
WHBC is a full-service restaurant, bar, and craft brewery that also offers an event space for special functions. We feature beers brewed by our Brewmaster, Greg Bullis. We brew beer, cook food, and keep you warm and dry. http://wharfhillbrewing.com/
Hours: Mon-Thu 11:30 am - 11 pm, Fri 11:30 am - 1 am, Sat 11:30 am - Midnight, Sun 11:30 -10 pm
Kitchen closes at 10 pm Mon-Sat, and 9 pm Sun
Every Wed - Live Music, 7-10 pm.
Hampton Taphouse, Downtown, 17 E. Queen’s Way, Hampton
The Taphouse, the “Acme of Beer Since 1984”. Long before the micro revolution, the Taphouse was serving up pint after pint of American and world craft brews. Our Hampton location has 37 constantly rotating draught selections and hundreds of bottles to choose from. Belgians are our prides, trappists, abbeys, and other merry monk quaffers will surely entertain. Our food, not pub grub, stands up to any kitchen, anywhere. https://www.facebook.com/hamptontaphouse/?fref=ts
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 am - 2:00 am, Sun 10:30 am - 2:00 am
Tuesday Night is Virginia Beer Night at Hampton Taphouse! Support Local brewing and enjoy Virginia draft beers at a special price from 4 until 9 pm.
Heavens Pizza & Taphouse, 308 Buckroe Ave., Hampton
Our Pizza is made with LOVE. Hand tossed dough, homemade sauce and fresh toppings. When we can, we use organic produce and meats. The more LOCAL the better! WE even BUY our water. Our H2O is fluoride and sediment free!
Winter hours: Mon-Thu 5-9 pm, Fri 3-12 pm, Sat 11:30 am-12 am, Sun 11:30 am-9 pm
Stop in for a pint and a handmade pizza!
Craft 60 Ale House, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News
Our goal is to create a unique & memorable experience for our guests every time by providing top notch personalized service in a welcoming environment and hand crafting every dish. www.craft60.com
Hours: Mon-Fri 4 pm - 2 am, Sat/Sun 11 am - 2 am
Every Mon - Burger & Pint night. Enjoy discounts on all of our hand crafted burgers and pints until 9 pm.
Every Fri/Sat - Live Music
DoG Street Pub, Merchants’ Square, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg
Williamsburg took the best of England and made it American. Chef David Everett continues the trend with his unique take on the British Gastropub.www.dogstreetpub.com
Hours: Mon-Thu 11:00 am - 12:00 am, Fri-Sat 11:00 am - 1:00 am, Sun 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three unique sliders paired with three taste size beers ready to start your weekend early.
Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 401A W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg
Take DoG Street Pub home with you. Wide selection of Virginia, imported and domestic craft beers. cocktail mixers & supplies. Gourmet foods. https://www.facebook.com/HairoftheDoGBottleShop/?fref=ts
Hours: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Daily
Grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or pick from our large selection of craft bottles and cans. *Now available at the bottle shop - a flight of all 8 beers on tap for one price for your adventurous & indecisive imbibed
Every Friday - Free Tasting featuring a different Craft Brewery
Triangle - Restaurant, Bar, Performance Venue, 601 Prince George St., Williamsburg
We are happy to be the best small plates restaurants in the Greater Williamsburg area. We specialize in fun, familiar food and classy cocktails.www.trianglewilliamsburg.com
Hours: Tue-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am Daily
Every Tue - Winter Craft Beer Steal the Glass nights, 6:00 pm: Mar 8 - Green Flash; Mar 15 - Legend Brewing; Mar 22 - Williamsburg Winery
Oceans & Ale, the Prime Outlets, 5601 Richmond Road, Williamsburg
A classic seafood and steakhouse that prides itself on the highest food quality and guest service. We look to challenge the depths of flavor with seasonal menus and our combination of local and world renowned brews. http://oceansandale.com/
Hours: Sun-Thu 11:30 am - 12:00 am, Fri/Sat 11:30 am - 2:00 am
O&A carries 20 different draft beers on tap! We call 6 of these “The Rotating Taps” and they were designed to constantly evolve giving you the unique ability to try limited releases, seasonals & small batch brews! 253-2ALE for Reservations!
Drink Happy - Be Safe
Follow the blogs at:
Labels: Beer Fest, Beer Festival, beer lovers, craft beer, craft brew, food trucks, hampton roads, live music, local beer, local brew pubs, local breweries, Pint Nights, steal the glass, steal the pint, tap invasion, tap takeover, taphouse, taproom, virginia craft beer