Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Local Brew Happenings Tidewater VA
Pint Nights / Tap Takeovers / Keg Tappings
Mon, May 4
- Devils Backbone Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Night Pint Night! Tonight’s Steal the Glass features Devils Backbone Brewing Company. We will have their Schwartzbier and Vienna Lager available for you to try. We’ll also have Live Music from Brian Sewell at 6:30 pm.
Tue, May 5 - Cinco de Mayo!
Wed, May 6
- Sierra Nevada Tap Takeover and Steal the Pint, Tubby’s Tavern, 5:00 pm, 2224 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Tubby’s Tavern will feature six great brews from Sierra Nevada on Wednesday as well as the usual Tubby’s specials. Beers include: Bigfoot, Idaho Harvest #7, Hoptimum, Nooner, Pale Ale, Summerfest.
- Penny Pint Night, Gosport Tavern, 6:00 pm, 702 High Street, Portsmouth. We get our hands on a special keg of Craft beer. Better get here before it’s gone!
Thu, May 7
- Green Flash Steal the Pint & Tap Takeover, Home Republic, 6-10:00 pm, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach. Come out to Home Republic for Tap Takeover Thursday, featuring San Diego’s (soon to be Local) Green Flash Brewing Company! We’ll be tapping a selection of their awesome beers: East Village Pilsner, Soul Style IPA, Road Warrior, and Mosaic Session IPA! Did we mention it starts during our Happy Hour? 3-7 everyday
- Evolution Brewing presents “Buy Your Mom A Pint”, Bakers Crust Hilltop, 3:00 pm, Virginia Beach. Come out to Bakers Crust Hilltop on Thursday May 7 to celebrate Mother’s Day in style! Get an assortment of Evolution pints for $3, as long as one is for your mom! Or in honor of her! The fun starts at 3 pm. Beers available include: Lot 3 IPA, Lot 6 DIPA, Lucky 7 Porter, Summer Session Golden Ale.
- Beer School, Whole Foods Market, 6:30 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Beer School on the Porch. Taste some great Craft Beer while learning differences in types and flavors. Pay at the door.
- Smartmouth Brewing and Taste of Tidewater Pint Night, Tubby’s Tavern, 5:00 pm, 2224 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come try Smartmouth’s Safety Dance Pilsner brewed by Rex Hamaker of Taste Tidewater Tours, Rodney Jones of Tubby’s Tavern, and Jimmy Loughran of Smartmouth Brewing.
- Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30-7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
- Bells Brewing Tap Takeover, The Public House, 5:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Come by, enjoy some great beers, hang with your friends from the Brewery and snag a pint! We tap the kegs at 5 pm. See you then!
- Pizza & Beer Night, Baker’s Crust, Ghent & Greenbrier, Every Thu after 4:00 pm. Originating in Naples, Italy, our Neapolitan pizzas mimic that of the traditional Neapolitan Pizza using only 00 flour, hand-stretched dough, house-made fresh mozzarella & Italian tomatoes. Our pizzas are brought to life in our oak wood-fired oven creating pizzas with an added layer of texture and flavor. $6 Pizzas, PLUS a Special Happy Hour from 4-9 pm.
- Steal the Pint Night, The Point at Phoebus, 6:00 pm, 30 E Mellen Street, Hampton. Join us as we welcome our featured brewery for pint night. We will be pouring a local or regional craft beer to go with our farm to table comfort foods. Come grab a pint.
- Craft Beer Thursday, Hoss’s Deli, 6-9:00 pm, 806 Old Oyster Point Rd., Newport News. $2 12oz drafts from any of the 20 taps. Live music starts at 9 pm, w/ Hey Hey Hooligan.
- 2015 Brewery Tour Tap Takeover featuring Hardywood Park, Craft 60 Ale House, 5:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Come enjoy our new tap line-up for the month featuring beers from Richmond’s Hardywood Park Craft Brewery.
- Slider Night, DoG Street Pub, 6:00 pm, Merchants’ Square, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg. Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three sliders & chips for $12 with an optional pairing flight.
- Devils Backbone Steal the Pint Night, Oceans & Ale, 5:00 pm, at the Prime Outlets, 5601 Richmond Road, Williamsburg. Devil’s Backbone is back at O&A for another pint night!! This time though they have concert tickets!! LAVA Music Festival is May 16th headlined by Fitz and the Tantrums and Devil’s Backbone is providing all the tasty brews. This Thursday you will have the opportunity to win tickets to this great event while enjoying some Devil’s Backbone beers. On tap will be 10 Point IPA, Montpelier’s Best Ambition Brown Ale, Devil’s Tale Black IPA and of course Vienna Lager. You can’t promote a music festival without some live music of your own, so the always fantastic Derek Smith will be in the house belting out some of your favorites along with some his originals.
Fri, May 8
- Charlotte Hour, Lynnhaven Pub, 5-8:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Our good friend Charlotte will be out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer with her, and grab a ready brew.
- Friday Firkin, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. On Fridays we tap a cask ale from local or regional Craft Brewers. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!!!
- Free Beer Tasting every Friday, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5 - 8:00 pm, Williamsburg. Come try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans.
Sat, May 9
- O'Connor Brewing Tap Takeover, HK on the Bay, 6:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd, Virginia Beach. We’ll have their S-Turns summer saison, as well as their Iron clad series bourbon barrle-aged robust porter, their steel battalion series commonwealth common, and the new Cinco de Maibock. Hang with us, eat some good food and drink some great beer. Don’t forget Chic’s Beach Festival in the parking lot outside from Noon - 7:00 pm.
- Downtown Hampton Block Party, 6 to 10:00 pm, Queens Way, Hampton. From country to hair bands to local favorites, each week is something new. This week: Live Music by Party Fins. Spend your Saturday nights on The Block this summer. Bring a chair and watch the band or bring your appetite and sample food from our vendors or from one of the many independently owned downtown restaurants. We get charities to run the beer tents and let them keep the tips. They get to spread the word about their good deeds and we get cold beer served with a smile.
Sun, May 10
- Sunday Brewer’s Series with Oskar Blues Brewing, Lagerheads Beach Pub, 2-5:00 pm, Hilton Garden Inn, 3315 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach. Come meet the Brewers or Brewery Reps and try their beer. We’ll have give-aways and steal the pints, it’s perfect to be here at the beach sipping with a friend.
- Blues & Brews, Manhattan’s NY Deli & Pub, 3-7:00 pm, 601 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News. Every Sunday we hold our “STEAL the PINT” with Live Blues. There is so much “Blues” talent in the 757 and we are excited to have these local musicians at “THE PUB”!
Mon, May 11
- American Craft Beer Week kick-off, Tubby’s Tavern, 5:00 pm, 2224 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come Kick Off Craft Beer Week with Sam Adams Brewing.
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Night Pint Night! We’ll also have Live Music from Brian Sewell at 6:30 pm.
Tue, May 12
- Hardywood Park Tap Takeover, The Whiskey Kitchen, 6-9:00 pm, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach. On Tuesdays we invite a brewery to take over some of our taps with the beers they want to feature. Come in and enjoy a beer with the Brewmaster or representative from Hardywood Park Craft Brewing. Start or add to your cool collection of Brew logo glassware.
Wed, May 13
- Lickinghole Creek Beer Dinner, DoG Street Pub, 6:30 pm, Merchants’ Square, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg. Several courses of an eclectic menu paired with the most raved about & craved for beers on the scene. Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery quickly built a reputation for bold, sought after beers drawing huge crowds to their Saturday release events. On May 13th Lickinghole Creek is bringing a few of their young yet legendary brews for Chef David Everett & crew to play with for our first beer dinner in over a year. Chef Everett will utilized products from local producers such as fresh sausage made with Short Pump Saison & Berkshire Pigs, fresh microgreens from Manikantowne & a special Goat Cheese Truffle from Shady Goat Farm made with Lickinghole Creek’s Illuminatos. These are only a sneak preview of all the surprises we have in store for the five course dinner. $70 (inclusive)
Thu, May 14
- Evolution Pint Night, Oceans & Ale, 5:00 pm, at the Prime Outlets, 5601 Richmond Road, Williamsburg. We’ll be featuring Evolution Craft Brewing selections. Beers will be tapped and glasses available starting at 5 pm.
Upcoming Brew/Beer Fests:
May 11-17 - American Craft Beer Week. Stand by for specials and events!
Sat/Sun, May 16/17 - 14th Annual Virginia Beer Festival, Town Point Park, 2 - 6:00 pm, Waterfront, Norfolk. This is one of the most popular Beer Festivals in the mid-Atlantic Region and promises to be a day full of good beer, good friends, and good fun. Spend the afternoon sampling beer from all over the world. International premium beers, hand crafted domestics and local brews comprise a selection of over 125 tap handles. The event features live music, great foot and, of course, great beer.
Sat, May 23 - Go Local 757 Craft Beer Fest, 2 - 9:00 pm, Chelsea & Ghent Norfolk. The 2nd annual event will begin at Smartmouth Brewing, continue through the great restaurants Chelsea & Ghent and finish with a finale party featuring The Janks at O'Connor Brewing Co. from 6-9 pm. Get your tickets today!
Sun, May 31 - OBX BrewFest, Nags Head, NC, 3-8:00 pm. An experience like no other featuring everything from homebrew demonstrations and beer-centric workshops hosted by industry professionals, to live music. We’ll also be presenting our unique “Games for Grown Folks” field day-style game zone which will be chock full of activities including life-sized Jenga, keg bowling, human foosball, life-size Connect Four and more. Non-drinkers can also enjoy samples throughout the day in the festival’s Soda Garden, which will house over twenty handcrafted sodas. Tickets are $40, and include: Commemorative tasting glass, Interactive event program, Unlimited sampling during the event, Admission to the Soda Garden and GameZone, Live entertainment from 3-8 pm. Event is 21+. No exceptions. Rain or shine - No refunds.
Sat, Jun 6 - 2nd Annual Paradise Ocean Club Craft Brew Fest, 12 - 6:00 pm, Fort Monroe, Hampton. Price includes 20 Beer samples, BBQ, and Live Music. General admission $25, Military $20 (purchase online atwww.paradiseoceanclub.com), Day of Event $30 at the door. Breweries include: New Belgium Brewing, St George Brewing Co., Kona Brewing Co., Goose Island Beer Co., Bold Rock Hard Cider, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, Smartmouth Brewing Company, Evolution Craft Brewing Co., O'Connor Brewing Co., Heavy Seas Brewing, Shock-Top Belgian White, Center of the Universe Brewing Co., SweetWater Brewing Company, Alewerks Brewing Company
Sat, Jun 20 - 1st Annual COVA BeerFest & Food Truck Rodeo, Virginia Beach Military Aviation Museum, Noon - 6:00 pm, Pungo, 1341 Princess Anne Rd., Virginia Beach. Tastings from up to 20 Virginia Craft Brews, Delicious Local Food Truck cuisine available for purchase, Live music by Quarterback recording artist Mark Cooke from Nashville, Local specialty exhibitors, Entertainment, contests and more! All proceeds from beer sales to benefit The Noblemen. Tasting ticket: $30 in advance, $35 at the gate; Non-tasting Ticket $15, Six-pack of tickets for $150 (advance only).
Support your Local Brewers - Brewery Happenings:
O'CONNOR BREWING COMPANY, 211 W. 24th Street, Norfolk
Taproom Hours: Tue-Thu 4-8:00 pm, Fri 4-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 12-6:00 pm
9 Beers on Tap: our six flagships; Green Can golden ale, Red Nun red ale, Norfolk Canyon pale ale, El Guapo agave IPA, Great Dismal black IPA, and O'Conner Dry Irish Stout! Also on tap we have our just released Tides collaboration Walk-Off Kolsch, Commonwealth Common, Li'l SIPA session IPA, and we’ll have our recently released Bourbon Barrel-aged Robust Porter, the inaugural beer in our Ironclad series.
Tue, May 5 - Beer Release & Food Truck Fair. Join us as we debut a tasty, refreshing, brand new beer: CINCO DE MAIBOCK, the third official brew in our Steel Battalion Series. We will have two food trucks on site: Karnage Asada (because it’s Cinco de Mayo, and you need a taco) and CXB BBQ AND EATS (who will also be whipping up some Mexican-inspired menu items for the occasion). So come hungry AND thirsty!
Wed, May 6 - Vinyl Night & Food Truck Roulette. We’re back again with Vinyl Night, so bring in a record or just jam to the great tunes we got playing in the tap room. Plus, we’ve partnered up with the Hampton Roads Food Truck Association to bring you guys a completely random food truck every Wednesday! We’ll be just as interested as you all to see which one of the amazing HRFTA trucks shows up ready to serve up some awesome grub.
Thu, May 7 - Thursday Happy Hour. It’s Thirsty Thursday, which means we’re offering drink specials on everything served in a pint, flight, or growler. No reason, just cuz. And if that wasn’t enough, we’ll also have ‘CXB BBQ & Eats’ serving up some seriously delicious, finger-lickin’ food in the tap room. So come hungry and thirsty, cuz it’s Thursday!
Fri, May 8 - Firkin & Food Truck Friday. It’s TGIF! Every Friday at the brewery, we offer special casked beers for your tasting pleasure. So they’re not really in Firkins, but “Cask” doesn’t sound as good with “Food Truck” or “Friday.” From 4 to 8 pm, enjoy delicious street food from one of our favorite food trucks.
Sat, May 9 - Free Tours, Food Trucks, Fresh Brews & Fun. On Saturdays we’re open from noon to nine, and we’ll have free brewery tours each hour from 12-4 pm, and delicious street food from one of our favorite food trucks. Plus, plenty of cornhole, shuffleboard and giant Jenga; and of course, fresh, tasty beers, all day and evening.
Sun, May 10 - Waffletina Brunch & SIN. Every Second Sunday we welcome pop-up waffle shop 'Waffletina’ to the brewery for a one-of-a-kind brunch, from noon to 3pm, or until the waffles run out. And it’s Service Industry Night, so if you work in a bar or restaurant, we’ve got an exclusive happy hour just for you! Please bring in a recent pay stub as proof that you’re an industry employee.
Upcoming: Save the Date, Sat & Sun May 30/31 - O'Conoroo. It’s back for a 2nd year! And because the turnout for O'Connoroo was so amazing last year, this year we’re making it a two-day affair. Join us on Saturday from noon-9pm for an all-day festival atmosphere, with live music by four bands on indoor and outdoor stages; a food truck court including Karnage Asada, CXB BBQ & Eats, and Lucky Peach; free hourly brewery tours; cornhole, shuffleboard, giant Jenga; and other surprises. On Sunday from noon-6pm enjoy a more relaxed vibe at the brewery, with two live acoustic music performances; Pizza Bella Vista and Sofrito food trucks on-site; a bounce castle, and other family-friendly entertainment; as well as free hourly brewery tours and all our special beers.
SMARTMOUTH BREWING COMPANY, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk
Tasting Room Hours: Wed-Fri 4:30 - 8:00 pm, Sat 12:00 - 7:00 pm
* Sat - Discounted Growler Fills from 12-2 pm
* Sat - Free Brewery tours on the hour, 2-6 pm
Smartmouth’s three flagship beers (Murphy’s Law amber ale, Alter Ego saison, and Rule G IPA) are available in crafty 12-ounce cans.
8 beers on tap including seasonals: The new Indecision Pale Ale, Sommer Fling hefeweizen, Gandy Dancer dry Irish stout, as well as our regulars: Alter Ego Saison, Murphy’s Law American Amber Ale, Rule G IPA, Safety Dance pilsner, and Notch 9 Double IPA! See you soon!
Wed, May 6 - Pete’s Pub Trivia from 5:30-7:30 pm. Delicious street food from 'CXB BBQ & Eats’.
Thu, May 7 - Brews and Chow: Delicious pizzas from 'Seoul 757 Taco’.
Fri, May 8 - Brews and Chow: Delicious street food from 'Lucky Peach’.
Sat, May 9 - Smartmouth Spring Street Party, Noon-7 pm. Come enjoy live music, local eats, and lots and lots of your friends and neighbors. We’ll celebrate one of our favorite spring things - MAIBOCK BEER! We’ll release this newest limited edition style at the party and serve it along with other Smartmouth favorites. There’ll be new swag, including a party t-shirt, for sale, and all of-age guests will receive a commemorative beer stein to add to their collection of Smartmouth party cups.
REAVER BEACH BREWING COMPANY, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach
Taproom Hours: Tue-Thu 3-7:00 pm, Fri 3-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 1-6:00 pm
We’re proud of what we create here and love nothing more than sharing our passion with others.
On tap - The New Black Flag Empire black saison, Red Messenger sour, Oceanus Aurum Saison, Riptide Altbier, Hurricane Wheat, Ghost Ship citra pale ale, Hammerhead IPA, No Quarter Imperial IBA, SeaDevil Imperial Stout and Hoptopus Double IPA
Fri, May 8 - Join us for our fresh beer, plus one of our favorite food trucks 'Bodacious Pizza’ will be here serving up delicious pies from 4-8 pm!
Sat, May 9 - Kick-off your Saturday afternoon with a fresh Cask of Beer while one of our favorite food trucks 'No Brick Grill’ serves up their amazing food from 1-6 pm!
Sun, May 10 - Growler Power Hours!! The weekend’s not over, we’re open from 12-6 pm, but from 2-4 pm we offer discounts on all growler and grenade fills!
YOUNG VETERAN’S BREWING COMPANY, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Virginia Beach
Tasting Hours: Tue-Thu 1500-2000, Fri 1500-2300, Sat 1200-2300, Sun 1200-2000
High Speed - High Quality. Veteran Owned and Operated.
Military Discount - 15% with valid ID
7 Beers on Draft - New Recruit, Pineapple Grenade Hefeweizen, Semper FI.P.A., Big Red Rye, Jet Noise DIPA, Good Eye Sniper, and Night Vision American stout! Come get your growlers filled! Look for our Jet Noise now available in cans out in the rest of Hampton Roads!
Tue, May 5 - Taco Tuesday on Cinco de Mayo with one of our favorite Taco Trucks on site, at 1500 hours (3 pm).
Fri, May 8 - Food Truck Friday with one of our favorite food trucks ‘No Brick Grill’ on site starting at 1500 hours.
Sat, May 9 - One of our favorite food trucks ‘NY Souvlaki’ on site to pair up their tasty chow with our delicious fresh beer, starting around 1500
Save the Date - Sat, 16 May, Beer Release for Armed Forces Day: The Olive Drab Branch ESB.
Save the Date - Sun, 17 May, Our first Vet Noise of the season, with YVBC and HRMRT to benefit Creativets
BACK BAY BREWING COMPANY, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach
Taproom Hours: Wed/Thu 3-10 pm, Fri 3 pm-12 am, Sat 12n-12 am, Sun 12n-8 pm
Now On Tap - The New Dawn Patrol Session Pale Ale, Pleasure House Point Oyster Stout, False Cape Amber Ale, Steel Pier Bohemian Lager, Atlantic Ave IPA, and Beach Cruiser Pale Ale.
Wed, May 6 - Duck Call: An evening of music hosted by Harrison Bounds. Duck Call will feature singer/songwriters every Wednesday from 7-10 pm.
Thu, May 7 - Vinyl Night! Spinning records starting at 7 pm, hosted by Vinyl Daze Record Shop.
Sat, May 9 - Firkin Cask! Come out and enjoy some Cask Ale. We only have one firkin that will be tapped at 3 pm and when it’s gone it’s gone.
ST. GEORGE BREWING COMPANY, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton
Tap Room Hours: Mon-Fri 3-5 pm, Sat 10 am-4 pm.
Retail and Tastings Mon through Sat. Brewery Tours Wed through Sat.
Beers on Tap: Black Forest Ale, Nut Brown Ale, Feast of St. George, Pilsner, Porter, Oktoberfest, English IPA, Golden Ale, Winter Scotch Ale, and Larry’s Lemonade.
Tue, May 5 - Cinco de Mayo Thirsty Taco Tuesday with 'Stuft Not Your Average Street Food’, 4:30-8:00 pm.
Fri, May 8 - Food Truck & Music Fridays, 4:30-8:00 pm. There is nothing better that starting your weekend off with Live Music (starting around 6:30 pm), Food Trucks, and Beer. It’s a match made in heaven (or Hampton if you’re a local)!
PLEASURE HOUSE BREWING, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach
Hours: Wed/Thu 3-10:00 pm, Fri 3-11:00 pm, Sat 12-11:00 pm, Sun 12-9:00 pm
At Pleasure House Brewing we are passionate about two things: making great beer and serving our community!
Beers: Lesner Sunrise Belgian Single w/ Lemongrass, (W&M) Tribe Pale Ale w/ Dr. Rudi hops, Oregon Tourist IPA, 757 Citrus Saison 2.0, PHB Stout
Fleeting Pleasures: Halfway House West Coast Pale Ale, Hometown Strangers Witbier, Raspberry Thyme Saison
BIG UGLY BREWING COMPANY, 1296 S. Battlefield Blvd, Chesapeake
Big, Bold, Barrel-aged Beers. Big Ugly is Chesapeake’s first microbrewery. We plan on revolutionizing our town one beer at a time.
* WE ARE EXPANDING HOURS: This week, Wed/Thu 5-9 pm, Fri 5-10 pm, Sat 12-10 pm, Sun 12-4 pm
Now Serving: Split Window Saison, Sunbeam blonde ale, Rockers IPA, Bims Magic Berlinerbus (Berliner Weisse), Steady As She Gose, Ghost Rider vanilla porter, Ape Hanger Stout, and The Otter Beer (root beer).
Upcoming: Save the Date Mon, May 18 - Red Shoe BBQ for the Ronald McDonald House | www.rmhnorfolk.com
ALEWERKS BREWING COMPANY, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg
Tasting Hours: Mon-Thu 12 - 7 pm, Fri/Sat 12 - 8 pm, Sun 12 - 5 pm
Established in 2006 and located in the heart of the early colonies in Williamsburg, Virginia, we have rolled out a broad range of beer offerings and quickly established a reputation for fine beer. We operate a direct fired brick-clad Peter Austin brew house and ferment all our beers in state-of-the-art conical fermenters.
The Alewerks Taproom features 17 beers on tap including a firkin (cask ale). Located around the corner from the Williamsburg Outlet Malls, the taproom is the perfect place to experience great local beers and friendly service. Tours are offered daily (except Sundays) where guests can learn about the history of beer, see the brewery and how beer is made and taste some fresh local beer.
On Tap: Coffeehouse Stout, Small Batch #5 Poisoned Dwarf Dry Irish stout, Shorty Time IPA, White Ale, Rapadou Porter, Chesapeake Ale, Tavern Ale, Bourbon Barrel Porter, Small Batch #6 Smoked Brown Ale, Springhouse Ale and Twenty Knots Belgian style Tripel
Wed, May 6 - Trivia Night, 7 pm
Sun, May 10 - Live Acoustic on Mother’s Day w/ Tony Bob Merrit, 2 pm
BRASS CANNON BREWING, 8105 Richmond Rd., Toano (Williamsburg)
Hours: Sun 12 - 5:00 pm, Mon-Sat 12 - 7:00 pm
Founded by enthusiastic homebrewers, Brass Cannon Brewing is a craft brewery dedicated to the production of high quality brews for sale on tap. We currently offer 6 quality brews at our tap room in Toano, VA. We usually have 4 year-round offerings, 1 seasonal and 1 langrage tap that changes whenever we feel like it.
On Tap: Barrage Brown Ale, Angry Scot Scottish style wee heavy ale, Muzzle Flash American amber ale, Broadside IPA, and Smoothbore Stout
Seasonal: St. Barbara Heather Ale. A low-gluten ale brewed with sorghum, honey, heather tips and lemon peel.
Langrage Line: Our Black IPA. This beer combines the hop forward flavors of an IPA with the malty and roasted tones of a great stout.
Other Local Brew and Brew Pub Happenings:
THE BIRCH BAR, Chelsea, 1231 W. Olney Rd., Norfolk
Hours: Tue-Thu 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, Fri-Sat 3:00 pm - 2:00 am A Bar that specializes in Craft, Artisanal, European, Crazy-hard-to-say Beer and Cheese!
* Week Day Happy Hour: 5-7 pm, $1 off All Full Draft Beers, Tue, Wed, and Thu!
* Weekend Happy Hour: 3-5 pm $2 off $5 and $7 Full Draft Beers, Fri and Sat!
On Tap: Hardywood Hansom Cab Extra Special Bitter, Omnipollo Magic #42 sour witbier with passion fruit and key lime, Bahnhof Gewurzgose spiced gose, Del Ducato Chrysopolis Wild Ale, Thornbridge Jaipur English IPA, Kiuchi weizen hefeweizen, Duck Rabbit American Barlywine, Italiano Tipopils Italian pilsner, Stone Delicious IPA, De Dolle Arabier Belgian golden strong ale, Del Borgo Reale Extra Italian IPA, Green Flash Ristretto Coffee Black Lager, Beavertown Black Betty black IPA, Kiuchi Hitachino Classic cedar IPA, Evil Twin Lil’ B imperial porter, Stillwater Stateside Saison, BFM La Douze Jurassian Salted Pale Ale, Reissdorf Kolsch, Grado Plato Chocarrubica carob oatmeal stout, Alewerks/Dog Street Maizie’s ESB, Ommegang Calypso Hennepin Hoppy Saison
Wed, May 6 - Wednesday Night Beer Education: Millstone Cider Launch at The Birch! We will be launching MillStone Cellars and also will be debuting something NEW at The Birch! We are very excited about it and can’t wait to tell you! We will have on tap: Farmgate, Cobbler, Hopvine, Ginger Root, Check out their website for full details on these amazing ciders! http://www.millstonecellars.com/our-products/
Thu, May 7 - Cheesemonger Thursday, with special cheese platter offerings.
Fri, May 8 - Friday Nights Pairing Menu - A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
Sat, May 9 - Weekend Happy Hour is from 3-5 pm with Growler Fills and Draft Flight specials.
Upcoming: Save the date - May 12-17, 43 Hours of USA: During American Craft Beer Week! Including a special BRUNCH with Waffletina on Sunday the 17th. and … We will be pouring a keg of KBS!
NORFOLK TAPROOM, Corner of Granby & Main Streets, Downtown Norfolk
Hours: Mon-Fri: 2:00 pm - 2:00 am, Sat-Sun: 12:00 pm - 2:00 am
24 Beers on draft and over a hundred other beers from here, there, and everywhere.
Offering Norfolk’s best Happy Hour every day from 5-7:00 pm with great food and drink specials. If you have not done so already please follow us @norfolktap on Twitter for the best updates on specials and live music performances at the Norfolk TapRoom. See y'all tonight.
THE BARREL ROOM, 437 Granby Street, Norfolk
Hours: Mon Closed, Tue-Thu 11 am - 12 am, Fri/Sat 1 1am - 2 am, Sun 11 am - 12 am
A lively neighborhood eatery featuring live entertainment, craft beer, artisanal wine and premium spirits.
Happy Hour is between 4-6 pm Tue-Fri, with $1 off ALL BEERS! Check out our selection and come find your new favorite!
On Tap: Allagash White, Allagash Odyssey, Ballast Point Sculpin, Mountain Dark Hollow Stout, Crispin Fox Barrel Blackberry Pear Cider, Dogfish Head Burton Baton, Dogfish Head Midas Touch, Evolution Rise Up Stout, Firestone Walker Pivo Hoppy Pils, Firestone Walker Wookey Jack, Founders Rubaeus, Green Soul Style IPA, Green Flash West Coast IPA, Hardywood Park Bourbon Cru, Lagunitas IPA, Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut Down, New Belgium La Folie, New Belgium Slow Ride, O'Connor El Guapo IPA, Ommegang Rare Vos, Smartmouth Notch 9 DIPA, Stiegl Radler Grapefruit, Terrapin Liguid Bliss
THE PUBLIC HOUSE, Ghent, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk
Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Welcome to The Public House - Ghent’s first “gastropub.” GastroPub - It’s just a fancy word that people invented to describe places that put a creative spin on traditional pub food - and charge you eight bucks for fries. We put a lot of work into creating those spins, though, like making nearly everything in-house and using as many locally or regionally produced products as possible. We hope you enjoy.
Every Thu - Pint Night!
TAPHOUSE GRILL GHENT, 931 W. 21st Street, Norfolk
Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am
The ACME of craft beer in Norfolk since 1995; Fresh Fish, Vegetarian Fare, Pastas, Fish Tacos, Burgers, Wraps, Wings, 45 Taps, 100’s of Bottles.
COGAN’S PIZZA, Ghent, 1901 Colonial Ave, Norfolk
Hours: Daily 11:00 am - 2:00 am
A local favorite since the 1970’s, and the Best pizza in Norfolk!
Excellent selection of 33 Beers on tap including several seasonal brews! Whether you choose to enjoy a pie with the family in the dining room, a beer with some friends playing air hockey, a seat at the bar or a table on the best front porch/ patio in Ghent, we can guarantee you’ll have a great time!
COGAN’S PIZZA NORTH, 4311 Colley Ave., Norfolk
Hours: Daily 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Cogan’s North opened January 2015 on a stretch of North Colley, locally and loving referred to as Colleywood.
Much like Cogan’s Norfolk, Cogan’s North specializes in Pizza and a large selection of craft beer (44 taps plus dozens of bottles!). Our modern dining room features a large community table, 2 state of the art pool tables, arcade games and of course, games just for the little gorillas. Upstairs is an incredible soon to be covered patio, where you can sit back and enjoy views of the water and our lovely NoCo neighborhood.
Every Fri - Firkin Friday!
BELMONT HOUSE OF SMOKE, Ghent, 2117 Colonial Ave, Norfolk
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 am - 2:00 am, Sun 11:00 am - 12:00 am
A True urban BBQ and Smokehouse, with a full upstairs Bar, outdoor deck and live Music venue, with a constantly changing selection of local, regional, and national craft beers.
Live Music most Fri/Sat!
LYNNHAVEN PUB, N Great Neck Beach, 2236 W. Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Sun, 11:00 am - 2:00 am
An Average of 100 Different Beers and New Styles Coming In Every Week!
Tap Line Up - Del Ducato La Luna Rosa, Reaver Beach Kracken, Left Hand Great Juju, Founders Old Curmudgeon, Founders Imperial Stout, Heavy Seas Phantom Ship
Every Fri - Charlotte Hour, from 5 - 8:00 pm. Our good friend Charlotte will be out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer with her, and grab a ready brew.
PORCH AT WHOLE FOODS MARKET, West Hilltop, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach
Hours: 7 days 7am to 9pm
An organic coffee bar and pub serving fresh-brewed organic coffee, seven local and craft beers on tap, wines by the glass and delicious pub food, including breakfast all day. Located in the front of the store, The Porch also features refillable growlers, mix-a-six custom six-pack program, weekly dinner specials and a NEW cheese platter menu.
Wed, May 6 - Nachos and a Pint, $9, 4-9 pm
Thu, May 7 - Beer School, 6:30 pm, pay at the door. (pssst, and $3 Hot Dogs!)
Sat, May 9 - Keg Tapping, w/ Champion Brewing’s Smoked Gose, 3:00 pm
TAPPED GASTROPUB, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach
Open daily 11:00 am - 1:30 am
Do-it-yourself Draught Tables to practice your perfect pour. Choose from our selection of local microbrews and enjoy a new favorite beer you can’t find anywhere else. Growlers now Available!
Live Music Wed - Sun.
Every Thu - Virginia Craft Beer Night, $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers.
HOME REPUBLIC, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 3 - 10:30 pm , Friday 3 - 11:00 pm, Sat/Sun 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Home Republic is a locally owned brewpub, restaurant, and wine shop. Our mission is to make every customer feel at home by sharing our passion for good beer, wine, and food. We serve our own beer, brewed on-site, locally brewed beers on draft, and bottled beers from around the world.
The Tap List: Home Republic King Kolsch, Home Republic In A Not So Far Away Galaxy Pale Ale, Home Republic Hop-N-Berry, Home Republic Juice Sea Fruit IPA, Home Republic Short and Stocky Stout, Back Bay Steel Pier Bohemian Lager, Devils Backbone Schwartz Bier, Smarthmouth Alter Ego Saison, Woodchuck Reserve Pumpkin Cider, Young Veterans Pineapple Grenade Hefeweizen, Alewerks Chesapeake Pale Ale, Young Veterans Semper FiPA, O'Connor Great Dismal Swamp Black IPA, Blue Mountain Hopwork Orange, Hardywood The Great Return, Reaver Beach Brewing Hoptopus, Blue Mountain Blitzen, Starr Hill Gava Joe Espresso Coffee Stout, St. George Porter
Every Tue - TRIVIA TUESDAYS. What goes better with beer than a friendly competition for prizes? We are excited to have Trivia Tuesdays with Smartmouth Trivia and of course, food and drink specials! 7 - 9 pm.
Every Thu - Tap Takeover! May 7: Green Flash, May 14: Flying Dog, May 21: Foothills
Every Fri/Sat - Live Music, 7 pm
LAGERHEADS BEACH PUB, VB Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, 3315 Atlantic Ave. at the Hilton Garden Inn, Virginia Beach
Open Daily from 11 am - 2 am
20 Beers on Tap, 10 Signature Burgers
Tap List: onerider Brewing Shotgun Betty Hefeweizen, Traveler Shandy Rotating Tap, Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale, Sweetwater Hop Hash Double IPA, Lagunitas Seasonal Rotating Tap, New Belgium Fat Tire, Duclaw Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter, Beach Brewing Riptide Altbier, Young Veterans Pineapple Grenade, Beach Brewing Loggerhead ale, Back Bay Brewing Seasonal, Devils Backbone Vienna Lager, Starr Hill Seasonal, Beach Brewing Hammerhead IPA, Hardywood Great Return IPA, Bold Rock Virginia Draft Hard Cider, Legend Oktoberfest, St. George Porter, O'Connor Dry Irish Stout, Hardywood Reserve Series
Every Sun - Brewers Series pint night, 2-5 pm; May 10th - Oskar Blues, May 17th- Young Veterans, May 24th- Lagunitas, May 31st- Starr Hill
11th STREET TAPHOUSE BAR & GRILL, VB Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 4:00 pm-12:00 am, Fri-Sat 11:30 am-1:30 am, Sun 11:30 am-12:00 am
Quench your thirst with over 30 draft beers which includes micro, craft and macro brewed beer.
Every Thu - Draft Beer Night, from 4-9:00 pm we offer 50% off our rotating Drafts!
Every Fri/Sat Live Music
WHISKEY KITCHEN, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 11 am - 10 pm, Fri/Sat 11 am - 11 pm, Sun 11 am - 9 pm
Locally brewed, grown and owned. We let our passion for real food and exceptional service be our guide. We use local vendors, and amazing employees to create your dining experience.
An unmatched selection of Bourbons and Whiskeys, plus a large selection of Craft Beers, including 24 Taps! And we just added another 8 Taps!!!
Tuesday Tap Takeovers! May 12: Hardywood Park, May 19: Oskar Blues
FIREBREW BAR & GRILL, 1253 Nimmo Parkway, Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 11 am - 10 pm, Fri/Sat 11 am - 11 pm, Sun 11 am - 9 pm
Locally owned and managed. Open flame cooking, open kitchen concept, NO-Microwaves or fryers! Our full-service bar provides our guests with a full line of alcoholic drinks, including several local and regional craft beers on draft. Our exclusive self-service wine station allows our guests to “explore, taste, and enjoy” several wines at their own leisure.
Come in and check out the new draft list! Featuring some new to the area draft such as Hardywood Pils and Center of the Universe Ray Ray Pale Ale. Also a summer favorite Blue Mountain Rockfish Wheat.
Thirsty Thursday! One more day til the weekend, so start it off right with a few brews from FIREBREW! Come in a grab a pint of one of our craft draft or bottle beers. All Drafts & Bottle Beers on special 11 am - 9 pm. Come in & grab pint!
THE BIER GARDEN, 438 High St., Portsmouth
Hours: (Dining) Tue-Thu: 11 am - 9 pm, Fri-Sat: 11 am - 10 pm, Sun: 12-9 pm; (Bar) 7 days a week until 2 am
Family owned and operated by the Osfolk family since 1997, The Bier Garden is a German restaurant and bar, combining authentic Bavarian cuisine with a stellar European beer selection and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Whether you enjoy yourself in one of our two cozy indoor dining rooms, relax on our popular patio, or spend time with friends at the bar you are sure to feel at home. Come in and experience a bit of old world charm and gemutlichkeit with The Bier Garden family.
Bier Garden Draft List: Andechs Dunkel Weisse, Andechs Hefe Weisse, Ayinger Celebrator, Ayinger Maibock, Ballast Point Sculpin, BFM Cuvee Alex Le Rouge, Black Sheep Monty Python’s Holy Grail Ale, Dansk Mjod Vikings Blod, Hacker-Pschorr Munich Gold, Kasteel Triple, Koningshoeven Quadrupel Trappist Ale, Lindemans Frambiose, Murphy’s Irish Stout nitro, O'Hara’s Irish Stout nitro, Palm Special Belgium Amber Ale, Schneider Aventinus, Schneider Eisbock, Schneider Hopfenweisse, St. Bernardus ABT 12, Verhaege Duchesse de Bourgogne, Weltenburger Kloster Barock Dunkel, Young Double Chocolate Stout
Coming Soon: Kronenbourg Wit
WHARF HILL BREWING COMPANY, 25 Main Street, Smithfield
Hours: Mon-Thu 11:30 am - 11 pm, Fri 11:30 am - 1 am, Sat 11:30 am - Midnight, Sun 11:30 -10 pm
Kitchen closes at 10 pm Mon-Sat, and 9 pm Sun
WHBC is now a full-service restaurant, bar, and craft brewery that also offers an event space for special functions. We feature beers brewed by our Brewmaster, Greg Bullis. We brew beer, cook food, and keep you warm and dry.
Wharf Hill Brews: “BOWA” (Bottle-O-Whup-A-) Former Marine and wrestler Greg’s Honey Wheat with a Hefeweizen Yeast, IPA, Doppel Bock, Belgian Tripel
On Tap: Oskar Blues Pinner IPA, Firestone Walker Double Jack DIPA, Blue Mountain Dark Hollow 2xStout, Blue Mountain Classic Lager, Wharf Hill Bell Ringer Belgian tripel, Ommengang Abbey Ale Belgian dubbel, Parkway Raven’s Roost porter, Allagash White Ale
HAMPTON TAPHOUSE, Downtown, 17 E. Queen’s Way, Hampton
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 am - 2:00 am, Sun 10:30 am - 2:00 am
The Taphouse, the “Acme of Beer Since 1984”. Long before the micro revolution, the Taphouse was serving up pint after pint of American and world craft brews. Our Hampton location has 37 constantly rotating draught selections and hundreds of bottles to choose from. Belgians are our prides, trappists, abbeys, and other merry monk quaffers will surely entertain. Our food, not pub grub, stands up to any kitchen, anywhere.
HEAVENS PIZZA AND TAPHOUSE, 308 Buckroe Ave., Hampton
Hours: Open Seven Days a week, Spring/Summer - Mom 5-10 pm, Tue-Thu 11:30 am-10 pm, Sat 11:30 am-12 am, Sun 11:30 am-10 pm
Our Pizza is made with LOVE. Hand tossed dough, homemade sauce and fresh toppings. When we can, we use organic produce and meats. The more LOCAL the better! WE even BUY our water. Our H2O is fluoride and sediment free!
Draft, Bottles & Cans. And Just Clap Yo’ Hands. Be it a local St. George, a Craft from Dogfish, or a Stone from the West Coast, you never know what brews we’ll get in next. Check it: Stone Russian imperial stout, Hardywood Hoplar, Breckenridge vanilla porter, Bell’s Oberon, Victory Summer Love, Ballast Point Grunion
CRAFT 60 ALE HOUSE, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News
Hours: Mon-Fri 4 pm - 2 am, Sat/Sun 11 am - 2 am
Our goal is to create a unique & memorable experience for our guests every time by providing top notch personalized service in a welcoming environment and hand crafting every dish.
Our 2015 Brewery Tour will be highlighting a different brewery from Virginia & North Carolina each month through 2015.
May will be Hardywood Park Craft Brewery: May 7 - Tap Invasion, We will have new Hardywood kegs tapped; May 14 - Steal the Glass Night, 1st 50 guests to purchase a Pint will receive a free Glass; May 21 - Steal the Flight, 1st 50 guests to purchase a flight will receive a free Brewing flight glass; May 28 - Craft Collisions & Pint Night, Enjoy one of our Fresh Handcrafted Burgers & Any Pint of Hardywood Park beer for $10
DoG STREET PUB, Merchants’ Square, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg
Hours: Mon-Thu 11:00 am - 12:00 am, Fri-Sat 11:00 am - 1:00 am, Sun 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Williamsburg took the best of England and made it American. Chef David Everett continues the trend with his unique take on the British Gastropub.
Draft List: AleWerks Chesapeake Pale Ale, AleWerks Maizie’s ESB, AleWerks Springhouse Ale Farmhouse, Bell’s Lager Pilsner, Bell’s Two Hearted Ale IPA, BFM La Quatorze Wheat Ale, Bold Rock Virginia Apple (Gluten Free) Cider, Brasserie de Silly Stupid Silly Sour Ale, Center of the Universe Ray Ray’s Pale Ale, Champion Fruitless Double IPA, Del Ducato Chrysopolis Wild, Founders Oatmeal Stout (Nitro), Green Flash Soul Style IPA, Hardywood Park Bourbon Cru Abbey Quad, Lagunitas Brown Shugga’ Sweet Release Strong Ale, Schneider & Sohn Tap X Matihlda Soleil Bock, Stillwater Arcana Saison
Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three sliders & chips for $12 with an optional pairing flight.
HAIR OF THE DoG BOTTLE SHOP, 401A W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg
Hours: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Daily
Take DoG Street Pub home with you. Wide selection of Virginia, imported and domestic craft beers. cocktail mixers & supplies. Gourmet foods.
Grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or pick from our large selection of craft bottles and cans.
Beer on tap at HoT DoG: Alewerks & DogStreet Pun Maizie’s ESB, Alewerks Rapadou Porter, Dogfish Head Indian Brown, Evolution Lot 3 IPA, Green Flash Double Stout, Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, Unibroue Noire De Chambly, Smartmouth Sommer Fling
BERRET’S TAPHOUSE GRILL, 199 South Boundary Street, Williamsburg
Hours: 4 - 9:30 pm Daily (weather permitting)
The Taphouse Grill is our casual outdoor bar and grill that celebrates a more contemporary Virginia than our historic neighbors across Duke of Gloucester Street. The menu features seafood, chicken and beef, highlighting Virginia specialties such as oysters, crab, and fresh produce. Steamed whole Virginia blue crabs are available during the summer. The Taphouse has a full bar that includes a wine menu featuring unique selections that highlight award winning wines from across the state, and a beer menu with more local microbrews on tap than any other outdoor restaurant in the area. Live music is featured on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (weather permitting).
Every Thursday during the summer is Steal the Pint Night. A different brewery is featured each night with 4 unique draft beers. Keep the glass, enjoy a great meal and listen to some local music.
Some great options on tap: Blue Mountain Maggie Maibock, Lickinghole Creek Three Chopt Tripel, Breckenridge 471 IPA, Smartmouth AlterEgo saison, Lagunitas Brewing Little Sumpin Wild, SweetWater 420, Yuengling Lager, or St George Golden Ale
Thu, May 7 - We are excited to announce the first Steal the Pint Night of the season with AleWerks Brewing Company! We’ll be pouring White Ale, Bitter Valentine DIPA, Coffeehouse Stout, 20 Knots, RedMarker, & Berliner Weisse.
OCEANS & ALE, at the Prime Outlets, 5601 Richmond Road, Williamsburg
Hours: Sun-Thu 11:30 am - 12:00 am, Fri/Sat 11:30 am - 2:00 am
Oceans & Ale is a classic seafood and steakhouse that prides itself on the highest food quality and guest service. We look to challenge the depths of flavor with seasonal menus and our combination of local and world renowned brews.
O&A carries 20 different draft beers on tap! We call 6 of these “The Rotating Taps” and they were designed to constantly evolve giving you the unique ability to try limited releases, seasonals & small batch brews!
Rotating Taps: Goose Island Summer Ale, Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin, Tombstone Rye Stout, Devils Backbone 16 Point IPA, Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale, and Back Bay Atlantic Ave IPA
Drink Happy - Be Safe
Follow the blogs at:
Labels: Beer Fest, Beer Festival, beer lovers, craft beer, craft brew, food trucks, fundraiser, hampton roads, live music, local beer, local brew pubs, local breweries, Pint Nights, steal the glass, steal the pint, tap takeover, tidewater virginia, virginia craft beer