Sat, Aug 29 -Neptune’s Coastal Craft Beer Fest, 31st Street Park, 1 - 6:00 pm, Oceanfront at Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach. Join us for Neptune’s Inaugural Coastal Craft Beer Festival - enjoy the best brews from across the Commonwealth and beyond, food trucks, live music, and more! Rain or Shine.http://www.neptunefestival.com/events/coastal-craft-beer-fest/
Sat, Aug 29 -Inaugural Tap! Tap! Craft Beer Festival, Historic Greenbrier Farms Nursery, 2 - 7:00 pm, 225 Sign Pine Road, Chesapeake. Chesapeake’s First Beer Festival. Unlimited free samples of over 20 beers - $35. Food available for sale from your favorite local food trucks, including Pizza Bella Vista, Karnage Asada, and The Lucky Peach. Entertainment by Jesse Chong and Seth Stainback & Roosterfoot. Purchase a growler and fill it with your favorite beer! Limited amount of tickets available, be sure to purchase before the price goes up August 1st. You can bring your own lawn chairs, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to Tap! Tap! (All coolers will be subject to inspection)
Sat, Sep 12 -2nd Annual Virginia Craft Beer and Wine Festival, nTelos Wireless Pavilion, 12-5:00 pm, On the water at 16 Crawford Cir., Portsmouth. We will exclusively feature some of the finest selections of craft beers and wines, all hand-picked and selected from the best Virginia Breweries and Vineyards. Tickets include unlimited sampling, a commemorative festival glass and live entertainment.
Sat, Sep 26 -3rd Annual Gordon Biersch Arts & Drafts Craft Beer Event, Plaza at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, 2 - 6:00 pm, Virginia Beach. Join us on the Sandler Center Plaza for a large selection of local & regional craft beers! Plus: Good eats from Gordon Biersch, Live acoustic entertainment, Indoor local artisan market, Free to enter. Sampling tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the gate. VIP Hour Admission $45 - Beat the crowed and get in early, early admission at 1 pm, Brewer interaction, Gordon Biersch appetizer, Acrylic souvenir beer mug. Reserved tables for 4 or 8 are available for reservation. For pricing and more information, please email email@example.com
PINT NIGHTS / TAP TAKEOVERS / KEG TAPPINGS:
Mon, Aug 17
- Young Veterans Pint Night, 1608 Crafthouse, 6-9:00 pm, 1608 Pleasure House Rd #103, Virginia Beach. Join us as we help celebrate Virginia Craft Beer month with a Meet the Brewer / Pint night with the guys from Virginia Beach’s own Young Veterans Brewing Company.
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Ghent, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Starr Hill Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night. Tonight we welcome Starr Hill Brewing from Crozet, VA. We’ll have their Northern Lights IPA, Boxxcar Pumkin Porter, and Soul Shine Belgian IPA. Stealing starts at 5 pm, with Live Music by Brian “Big Daddy” Sewell starting at 6:30 pm.
- Surf & Turf Pint Night with Smartmouth, Smoke BBQ Restaurant & Bar, 5:00 pm, 10900 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. Come join us for one last summer event with Smartmouth brewery taking over our taps! Grab a beer, take home a cool glass, listen to live music on the patio and of course enjoy the best BBQ in the 757!!!
Tue, Aug 18
- COTU Tap Takeover Tuesday, The Whiskey Kitchen, 6-9:00 pm, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach. On Tuesdays we invite a brewery to take over some of our taps with the beers they want to feature. Come in and celebrate Virginia Craft Beer month and enjoy a beer with Reps from Center of the Universe Brewing, sampling some of their tasty brews on tap. Start or add to your cool collection of Brew logo glassware.
- Reaver Beach Brewing Co. Tap Takeover, The Barrel Room, 7:00 pm, 437 Granby St, Norfolk. What better way to celebrate VA Craft Beer month than with a local craft beer from Virginia Beach’s Reaver Beach Brewing Co.? Come out from 7-9 pm and have a beer with us. Beers are TBA but will be updated soon.
Wed, Aug 19
- Hardywood Park Pints and Prizes, Colley Cantina, 5 pm, Colley Ave., Norfolk. Come down to Ghent for the Virginia Craft Beer Month weekly Pints and Prizes Bingo Night, Beers start at 5 pm, Bingo at 9 pm. Aug 26 - Smartmouth.
- Free Foothills Brewing Tasting, bottleBOX, 5:30-8:00 pm, 325B W. 21st Street, Ghent, Norfolk. Hey Norfolk! Looking to try some new craft beers? Then join Foothills Brewing for another Free tasting at bottleBOX! We will be pouring samples of great beer for you tasting pleasure from 5:30 to 8 pm.
- Penny Pint Night, Gosport Tavern, 6:00 pm, 702 High Street, Portsmouth. We get our hands on a special keg of Craft beer. Get the glass for a penny while drinking some of the delicious offerings. Better get here before it’s gone!
- Dogfish Head Steal the Pint night, Craft 60 Ale House, 5:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Come enjoy our new tap line-up for the month featuring beers from Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales out of Rehobeth Beach, DE. The first 50 guests to purchase any Dogfish Head Pint will receive a free logo pint glass. We also have our monthly Craft Collisions menu that pairs with these featured brews.
Thu, Aug 20
- Pint Night, Chicho’s More Than Pizza, 29th St., Virginia Beach. Each Thursday we switch out one of the taps with a new IPA or other craft beer. When you buy a pint of it you get the glass as a gift.
- Pizza & Pints Thursdays, Baker’s Crust, Hilltop, Ghent & Greenbrier, Every Thu after 4:00 pm. Originating in Naples, Italy, our Neapolitan pizzas mimic that of the traditional Neapolitan Pizza using only 00 flour, hand-stretched dough, house-made fresh mozzarella & Italian tomatoes. Our pizzas are brought to life in our oak wood-fired oven, creating pizzas with an added layer of texture and flavor. $6 Pizzas, PLUS a Special Happy Hour from 4-9 pm.
- Beer School with Devils Backbone, Whole Foods Market, 6:30 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Beer School on the Porch. Come hang out and find a new favorite!
- Free Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30-7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
- Ballast Point Pint Night, HK on the Bay, 6-8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd, Virginia Beach. Head on out to HK on the Bay to enjoy some delicious brews from HK’s brewery of the month, California’s Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits. We’ll have their Sculpin IPA, Grapefruit Sculpin, Wahoo white ale, and Calico amber ale. Spend your Thursday night right at HK on the Bay and take home a glass with each pint purchase! Hang with us, eat some good food and drink some great beer.
- Champion Brewing Penny Pint Night, The Public House, 5:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Join us for another celebration of craft beer month with Champion Brewing Company! This Thursday we will be featuring the Stickin In My Rye IPA (Collaboration with the band NOFX) and Shower Beer (Pilsner). The taps will begin flowing at 5 so make sure to get here early and enjoy a few pints. Cheers!
- Steal the Pint Night, Roger Brown’s Restaurant and Sports Bar, 5-9:00 pm, 316 High Street, Portsmouth. Join us tonight for our weekly “Steal the Pint Night” at Roger Brown’s. FYI, when you buy a pint, you get to take home one of our decorative pint glasses.
- Steal the Pint Night, The Point at Phoebus, 6:00 pm, 30 E Mellen Street, Hampton. Join us as we welcome our featured brewery for pint night. We are featuring Back Bay Brewing for the month of August. We will be pouring their local craft beer to go with our farm to table comfort foods. Come grab a pint.
- Craft Beer Tasting, Score Bowling Alley / Sports Bar, 6:30 pm, Peninsula Town Center, 4401 W Claiborne Square, Hampton. Bring on the beer tasting! Join us in the lounge and enjoy some new brews + pairings of custom tasty bites from Chef Jaime.
- Slider Night, Dog Street Pub, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three sliders & chips for $12 with an optional pairing flight.
- Center of the Universe Pint Night, Berret’s Taphouse Grill, 5-9:30 pm, 199 South Boundary Street, Williamsburg. From Ashland, VA we welcome Center of the Universe Brewing Company to the Taphouse Grill this week with a killer lineup of craft brews including; Pocahoptas, Ray Ray’s Extra Pale Ale, Chin Music Amber Lager, Slingshot Kölsch, and Monkey’s Uncle! Come enjoy the beer, meet the brewers, and keep the glass. Live music by the ‘Urban Hill’ from 6-9 pm, and $1 Oysters til 7 pm!
- Alewerks & St George Steal the Pint Night, Oceans & Ale, 5:00 pm, the Prime Outlets, 5601 Richmond Road, Williamsburg. Every Thursday night all month long we will be having a “Steal the Pint Night” featuring a different VA craft brewery. This week we have a Double Play with both Williamsburg’s own Alewerks Brewing, and Hampton’s St. George Brewing.
Fri, Aug 21
- Charlotte Hour, Lynnhaven Pub, 5-8:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Our good friend Charlotte will be out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer with her, and grab a ready brew.
- Friday Firkin, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. On Fridays we tap a cask ale from local or regional Craft Brewers. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!!!
- Free Beer Tasting every Friday, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5 - 8:00 pm, Williamsburg. Come try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans.
Mon, Aug 24
- Smartmouth Beer Dinner, Baker’s Crust Hilltop, 6:30 pm, 704 Hilltop North Shopping Center, Laskin Road, Virginia Beach. Let our chefs and our friends at Smartmouth take you on a journey of tantalizingly tasty beer inspired dishes paired with specially chosen Smartmouth brews for a Beer Dinner you won’t soon forget! Upon arrival, you will be greeted with a Shandy made with a combination of Smartmouth beer and a special mixer. With community seating, this is a great opportunity to go out with friends or meet someone new! Plus, every guest will get a BC Swag Bag to take home. Now accepting reservations 757-547-2787.
Wed, Aug 26
- COTU Pint Night, Peck N Pour, 6-8:00 pm, 1310 Colley Ave, Norfolk. Center of the Universe Brewing is heading out to Peck N Pour in Ghent. Come enjoy some delicious COTU offerings and take home a shiny new COTU glass! We will be featuring COTU’s Main St. Virginia Ale and Pocahoptas IPA.
Thu Aug 27
- Hardywood Park Pint Night, 1608 Crafthouse, 6-9:00 pm, 1608 Pleasure House Rd #103, Virginia Beach. Join us as we help celebrate Virginia Craft Beer month with a Pint night with the guys from Richmond’s Hardywood Park Craft Brewery.
- Stella Artois Steal the pint night, Hotties, 9:00 pm, 1083 W 37th St, Norfolk. Come sample Stella Artois Cidre and take home the glass ('Chalice’) to Stellabrate! No cover!
Sat Aug 29
- Super Strange Saturday Strangeways Tap Takeover, bottleBOX, 12-3:00 pm, 325B W. 21st Street, Ghent, Norfolk. Virginia Craft Beer Month is going out with a bang at bottleBOX! Come by to meet Lars from Strangeways Brewing and learn more about this innovative Richmond brewery. We’ll have 8 Strangeways beers on tap to sample and take home in your growler or a crowler (while supplies last). Think strange, drink strange!
- The First Ever Downtown Hampton Firk Off, Downtown Hampton Block Party, 6-11:00 pm, W. Queens Way, Hampton. Five local breweries (O'Connor Brewing, Smartmouth Brewing, Back Bay Brewing, Alewerks Brewing, and St. George Brewing) will each submit a custom craft brew created just for this event as they compete for the title of Downtown Hampton’s Favorite Firkin! $15 gets you unlimited tastes, a souvenir tasting cup, and the chance to cast your vote for your favorite beer. SPACE IS LIMITED!! The event is happening as part of the Downtown Block Party Series which will also feature a free concert by 80s favorites The Fixx. TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR FIRKIN TASTING AND JUDGING ONLY. THE FIXX CONCERT IS A FREE EVENT!
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BREWER - BREWERY HAPPENINGS:
O'Connor Brewing Company, 211 W. 24th Street, Norfolk Taproom Hours: Tue-Fri 3-9:00 pm*, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 12-7:00 pm* (*extended Summer Hours)
16 Beers on Tap: our six flagships; Green Can golden ale, Red Nun red ale, Norfolk Canyon pale ale, El Guapo agave IPA, Great Dismal black IPA, and O'Conner Dry Irish Stout! Plus more seasonal beers like our just released Punkleweisse, Heavy Footer DIPA, Backyard Bonfire smoked IPA, 40 Mile to the Border collaboration IPA, Spyhop White IPA, Zephyrweisse, Walk-Off Kolsch, S-Turns Summer Saison, O.P.P. Pilsner, and Cinco de Maibock.
Mon, Aug 17 - Meet the Brewers Mondays. To celebrate Virginia Craft Beer Month all through the month of August, O'Connor will be open every Monday from 3-9 pm with our very own brewers behind the bar. Come by and say hi!
Tue, Aug 18 - Tasty Tuesday, which means we’re offering drink specials on Pints and Flights all evening. Come check out the lovely new brews we’ve got for you!
Wed, Aug 19 - Vinyl Night. If you like good music, good beer, and the sound of vintage vinyl, then come by and check us out every Wednesday, when we make this threesome happen. And feel free to bring in your own records to throw on our turntable - we’d love to see what you’ve got! We’ve got many draft options to choose from while enjoying the music.
Thu, Aug 20 - Growler Fill Thursday & Beers n’ Burgers Night. Time to fill up for the weekend! Every Thursday we offer 30% off growler fills, so come on in, get a stamp on your Frequent Filler Growler card, and stay for a pint or two! Plus, join us and pair one of our delicious, hand-made beers with a mouth-watering Burger from one of our friendly food trucks! Tonight’s featured food truck is 'CXB BBQ & Eats’!
Fri, Aug 21 - Beer Release and Food Truck Friday. An old favorite makes its triumphant comeback! Join us as we celebrate the re-release of Bells Beach Saison. Plus it’s TGIF! Looking for somewhere different to go on Friday night that is friendly, lively, and FUN! Well then come on down y'all to the OBC where every Friday night we have good times, lots of our delectable craft beers, and yummy creations from one of our friendly food trucks - 'Bro’s Fish Tacos’! 3-9 pm!
Sat, Aug 22 - Free Tours, Food Trucks, Fresh Brews & Fun. On Saturdays we’re open from noon to nine, and we’ll have free brewery tours each hour from 12-4 pm. There’s delicious street food from 'Gerty’s Gourmet’, from 12-9 pm. Plus, plenty of cornhole, shuffleboard and giant Jenga; and of course, fresh, tasty beers, all day and evening. We’ll also have Live Music by 'Michael Justus’, from 5-9 pm.
Sun, Aug 23 - SIN. It’s Service Industry Night, so if you work in a bar or restaurant, we’ve got an exclusive happy hour just for you! Please bring in a recent pay stub as proof that you’re an industry employee.
Upcoming: Save the date, Fri Aug 28, 2nd Annual OBC Brewers Battle Royale: Highlander Games - Strong Scotch Ale., 3-9:00 pm
Smartmouth Brewing Company, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk Tasting Room Hours: Wed-Fri 4:30 - 8:00 pm, Sat 12:00 - 7:00 pm * Sat - Discounted Growler Fills from 12-2 pm * Sat - Free Brewery tours on the hour, 2-6 pm
9 beers on tap including seasonals: The just released Dark Helmet Schwarzbier, Sommer Fling hefeweizen, Missing Digit Hemp IPA, and Lactobacillusaurus Berliner Weiss, as well as our regulars: Alter Ego Saison, Murphy’s Law American Amber Ale, Rule G IPA, Safety Dance pilsner, and Notch 9 Double IPA! See you soon!
August is Craft Beer Month in Virginia! We’ll have a different Pin (cask aged beer) every week!
Wed, Aug 19 - Pete’s Pub Trivia, 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Now every Wednesday! Let Pete challenge your knowledge of random facts and information. No charge. Starts promptly at 5:30 pm. Teams of 6 or less. Winners get a choice of glassware. Plus tasty treats from 'CXB BBQ & Eats’.
Thu, Aug 20 - Firkin Pin of Alter Ego w/ Star Anise, and tasty wood-fired pizza from 'Bakehouse at Chelsea’.
Fri, Aug 21 - 'Thai Express’ Food Truck serving up tasty street food.
Sat, Aug 22 - Live Music with 'the Muddy Gems’, 4:30-6:30 pm, and tasty street food by 'Seoul 757 Tacos’.
Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach Taproom Hours: Tue-Thu 3-7:00 pm, Fri 3-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 1-6:00 pm We’re proud of what we create here and love nothing more than sharing our passion with others.
On tap - Just released Ruse De Gurre wild ale, Sandshark Summer Ale, Reaver’s Bounty sour refermented ale with local strawberries, Hoptopus DIPA, Riptide Altbier, Turncoat American Red ale, SeaDevil Imperial stout, and Full Broadside Biere de Garde
Fri, Aug 21 - Hoppy Friday. Come on out to start your weekend with special pricing on all our fresh beers, and amazing food from 'Bodacious Pizza’ starting around 4 pm.
Sat, Aug 22 - Pair out great fresh beer with Spicey Fresh street food from 'Thai Express’ 1-6:00 pm!
Sun, Aug 23 - Growler Power Hours. The weekend’s not over, we’re open from 1-6 pm, but from 2-4 pm we offer discounts on all growler and grenade fills! Plus, you can hang out and grab a pint and some lunch, with 'Get Stuffed’ serving up their awesome menu.
Young Veterans Brewing Company, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Virginia Beach Tasting Hours: Tue-Thu 1500-2000, Fri 1500-2300, Sat 1200-2300, Sun 1200-2000 High Speed - High Quality. Veteran Owned and Operated. Military Discount - 15% with valid ID
7 Beers on Draft - Just released Semper Porteratus robust Porter, One Starr Generale, New Recruit, Pineapple Grenade Hefeweizen, Semper FI.P.A., Jet Noise DIPA, and Night Vision stout! Come get your growlers filled! Look for our Jet Noise DIPA now available in cans out in the rest of Hampton Roads!
Tue, Aug 18 - Taco Tuesday! Starting at the taproom around 1500 (3:00 pm).
Fri, Aug 21 - Food Truck Friday with one of our favorite food trucks on site to pair their great street food with our fresh beer starting at 1500 hours.
Back Bay Brewing Company, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach Taproom Hours: Tue-Thu 3-10 pm, Fri/Sat 12n-12 am, Sun 3-10 pm
Now On Tap - Tidewater Melon watermelon wheat beer, recently released Duck Call DIPA, Cape Henry Hefeweizen, Dawn Patrol Session IPA, Decoy Golden Coffee Stout, False Cape Amber Ale, Atlantic Ave IPA, Steel Pier Lager
Wed, Aug 19 - Duck Call: An evening of music hosted by Harrison Bounds. Duck Call will feature singer/songwriters every Wednesday from 7-10 pm.
Thu, Aug 20 - Vinyl Night! Spinning records starting at 7 pm, hosted by Vinyl Daze Record Shop.
Fri, Aug 21 - Mr. ECSC Dad Bod Competition in the Duck Blind upstairs, 8 pm
Sat, Aug 22 - Live Music in the Duck Blind upstairs, w/ The Haoles, DJ Bobby Da Greek, and WRV, 8 pm
Pleasure House Brewing, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach Hours: Mon-Thu 3-10:00 pm, Fri 3-11:00 pm, Sat 12-11:00 pm, Sun 12-10:00 pm At Pleasure House Brewing we are passionate about two things: making great beer and serving our community!
Beers: Billy’s Best Bitter, Blu Cuke saison, GLO Belgian blonde, Halfway House pale ale, HRBT Breakdown brown ale w/ date syrup, Worthy Sir IPA, OBS Wattle Seed stout, Stortzenbecker Imperial Blackberry Wheat
Half-price growler fills will be in effect as always for the first & last hour of each day!
And now Crowlers! Any of our draft beers to go, plus special releases (on or off premise), in Huge 32 oz. cans!!!
Every Sunday - Crockpot Sunday. Come eat our contestants crockpot creations! Try them all and vote. The winner gets a $20 gift card! Just a minimum $3 donation that goes to charity and you too can be a judge!
Wasserhund Brewing Company, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach Taproom Hours: Thu 4 - 9:00 pm, Fri 3 - 11:00 pm, Sat 12 - 11:00 pm, Sun 12 - 8:00 pm, Mon 4 - 9:00 pm Wasserhund (meaning “water dog” in German) Brewing Company was born from a love of the beach, dogs, and German beer. We aspire to bring the German beer culture to Virginia Beach in the best way… by brewing the highest quality ales, lagers, and meads and providing the environment to enjoy them with family, friends, and strangers.
On Tap: German Pilsner, Dunkel Lager, Citrus Honey Wheat, Kolsch Style ale, Hoppin’ Honey Ale, Bacon Stout, Schwarz IPA, Hefeweizen
Big Ugly Brewing Company, 1296 S. Battlefield Blvd, Chesapeake Hours: Wed/Thu 5-9 pm, Fri 5-10 pm, Sat 12-10 pm, Sun 12-4 pm Big, Bold, Barrel-aged Beers. Big Ugly is Chesapeake’s first microbrewery. We plan on revolutionizing our town one beer at a time.
We’ve got great beers flowing, including the current Great Bridge Special. Plus Split Window Saison, Sunbeam blonde ale, Rockers IPA, Bims Magic Berlinerbus (Berliner Weisse), Steady As She Gose, Ghost Rider vanilla porter, Burnout Stout, and The Otter Beer (root beer).
* we will be closed on Saturday, August 22 as we will be bring our big, bold beer to the Virginia Craft Brewers Festival at Devils Backbone Brewing Company.
St. George Brewing Company, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton Tap Room Hours: Mon-Fri 3-5 pm, Sat 10 am-4 pm. Retail and Tastings Mon through Sat. Brewery Tours Wed through Sat.
Beers on Tap: Black Forest Ale, Nut Brown Ale, Feast of St. George, Pilsner, Porter, Oktoberfest, English IPA, Golden Ale, Winter Scotch Ale, and Larry’s Lemonade.
Tue, Aug 18 - Thirsty Taco Tuesday with 'Stuft Not Your Average Street Food’, 4:30-8:00 pm.
Fri, Aug 21 - Food Truck & Music Fridays, 4:30-8:00 pm. There is nothing better than starting your weekend off with Live Music (starting around 6:30 pm), Food Trucks, and Beer. It’s a match made in heaven (or Hampton if you’re a local)!
Sat, Aug 22 - Yoga on Tap. Our Tasting room is open from 10 am to 4 pm, and every Saturday morning from 10-11 am we host 'Yoga on Tap’, a one hour Vinyasa flow yoga class, by Yaz Yoga.
Alewerks Brewing Company, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg Tasting Hours: Mon-Thu 12 - 9 pm*, Fri/Sat 12 - 9:30* pm, Sun 12 - 5 pm (*extended summer hours) Established in 2006 and located in the heart of the early colonies in Williamsburg, Virginia, we have rolled out a broad range of beer offerings and quickly established a reputation for fine beer. We operate a direct fired brick-clad Peter Austin brew house and ferment all our beers in state-of-the-art conical fermenters.
On Tap: Washington’s Porter, Tavern Ale, Drake Tail IPA, Wheat Ale, Chesapeake pale ale, Coffeehouse Stout, Bourbon Barrel Porter, Fresh Hop VA, and Shorty Time IPA
Wed, Aug 19 - Trivia Night, 6:30 pm
Sun, Aug 23 - Live music by Train Hoppers, 2-5 pm
Brass Cannon Brewing, 8105 Richmond Rd., Toano (Williamsburg) Hours: Sun 12 - 5:00 pm, Mon-Sat 12 - 7:00 pm Founded by enthusiastic homebrewers, Brass Cannon Brewing is a craft brewery dedicated to the production of high quality brews for sale on tap. We currently offer 6 quality brews at our tap room in Toano, VA. We usually have 4 year-round offerings, 1 seasonal and 1 langrage tap that changes whenever we feel like it.
On Tap: Barrage Brown Ale, Angry Scot Scottish style wee heavy ale, Muzzle Flash American amber ale, Broadside IPA, and Smoothbore Stout. Seasonal: Split Shot, an American Wheat Ale brewed with 50% malted wheat and 50% malted rye. There is no barley in this beer at all. Langrage Line: Citrus Pale, A blend of the Saint Barbara seasonal and our Muzzle Flash, this beer is light bodied with a moderate bitterness.
OTHER LOCAL BREW AND BREW PUB HAPPENINGS:
The Birch Bar, Chelsea, 1231 W. Olney Rd., Norfolk Hours: Tue-Thu 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, Fri-Sat 3:00 pm - 2:00 am A Bar that specializes in Craft, Artisanal, European, Crazy-hard-to-say Beer and Cheese! Week Day Happy Hour: 5-7 pm, $1 off All Full Draft Beers, Tue, Wed, and Thu! Weekend Happy Hour: 3-5 pm $2 off $5 and $7 Full Draft Beers, Fri and Sat!
On Tap: Del Ducato Verdi, Imperial Chili Stout, Evil Twin Citra Sunshine Slacker session IPA, Maine Beer Company Peeper, La Goutte d'Or Chateau Rouge spiced amber, Del Borgo Castagnale “Z” red wine barrel aged chestnut ale, Alpine Nelson, Alesmith IPA, Grado Plato Chocarrubica carob oatmeal stout, Stift Engelszell Benno honey saison, Schneider Edel Weisse, Baladin Nora ginger myrrh herb spice ale, Avery Maharaja imperial IPA, BFM La Salamandre witbier, JW Lees 25th Anniversary Harvest Ale English barleywine, Wild Beer Co Iduna Cru Premier Cru apple brandy barrel golden strong ale, Champion Killer Kolsch, Bahnhof Goseator Tequila Aged Gose, Kiuchi Ginger Brew, Off Color Scurry honey molasses brown ale, Siren/Stillwater Smoke Signals smoked wild ale, Perennial Artisan Ales Regalia wild saison, CASK: Del Ducato Koji Il Roso green tea jasmine dry-herbed sake-beer hybrid
Introducing Pintxo Hour! Yes another crazy hard to say special at The Birch. (Pronounced pincho!) aka Free Snack from 5-6 pm Tue thru Thu!
Wed, Aug 19 - Beer Education - We feature special tappings of rare beer, we pour crazy bottles by the glass, and we even sometime incorporate food into it!
Thu, Aug 20 - Cheesemonger Thursday, (a special board is made to pair with the featured beer of the evening). Buy a board get a cheese for free!
Fri, Aug 21 - Special Friday Night Beer and Cheese Pairing Menu - A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
Sat, Aug 22 - Weekend Happy Hour is from 3-5 pm.
Norfolk Taproom, Corner of Granby & Main Streets, Downtown Norfolk Hours: Mon-Fri: 2:00 pm - 2:00 am, Sat-Sun: 12:00 pm - 2:00 am
24 Beers on draft and over a hundred other beers from here, there, and everywhere.
Offering Norfolk’s best Happy Hour every day from 5-7:00 pm with great food and drink specials. If you have not done so already please follow us @norfolktap on Twitter for the best updates on specials and live music performances at the Norfolk TapRoom. See y'all tonight.
The Barrel Room, 437 Granby Street, Norfolk Hours: Tue-Thu 11 am - 12 am, Fri/Sat 1 1am - 2 am, Sun 11 am - 12 am A lively neighborhood eatery featuring live entertainment, craft beer, artisanal wine and premium spirits. Happy Hour is between 4-7 pm every day, with $1 off ALL BEERS! Check out our selection and come find your new favorite!
On Tap: Allagash white, Avery The Maharajah imperial IPA, Blue Mountain Classic Lager, Boulevard Saison Brett, Evolution Jacques Au Lantern Pumpkin Ale, Firestone Walker Pivo hoppy pils, Firestone Walker Wookey Jack, Founders Double Trouble, Founders Imperial Stout, Great Divide Yeti imperial stout, Gulden Draak 9000, Ithaca Flower Power IPA, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro, New Belgium Hop Kitchen Hop Tart, Off Color Apex Predator farmhouse ale, Ommegang Abbey Ale, Original Sin Apple Cider, Schneider Aventinus, Sierra Nevada Witbier w/ Grapefruit, Southern Tier Warlock Imperial Pumpkin stout, The Bruery Mischief Ale, Van Steenberge Piraat Triple Hop, Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA
Upcoming events: Reaver Beach Tap Takeover August 18th 7-9 pm, and more too come!
The Public House, Ghent, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am Welcome to The Public House - Ghent’s first “gastropub.” GastroPub - It’s just a fancy word that people invented to describe places that put a creative spin on traditional pub food - and charge you eight bucks for fries. We put a lot of work into creating those spins, though, like making nearly everything in-house and using as many locally or regionally produced products as possible. We hope you enjoy. http://www.publichouseeats.com/
Raise a glass to Virginia Craft Beers all month long at The Public House! We have turned our front bar into a Virginia Craft Beer Mecca, featuring Alewerks Brewing Company, O'Connor Brewing Co., Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery, Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, Smartmouth Beer, Legend Brewing Company, Starr Hill Brewery, Bold Rock Cidery, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, Reaver Beach Brewing Co., Old Bust Head Brewing Company, Center of the Universe Brewing, Blue Mountain Brewery, and Young Veterans Brewing Company! We’ll have everything from Pint Nights, Special and Limited Releases, Featured Flight Nights, Food Pairings, and even a Firkin or two! Stay tuned for daily details.
Taphouse Grill Ghent, 931 W. 21st Street, Norfolk Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am The ACME of craft beer in Norfolk since 1995; Fresh Fish, Vegetarian Fare, Pastas, Fish Tacos, Burgers, Wraps, Wings, 45 Taps, 100’s of Bottles.
Cogan’s Pizza, Ghent, 1901 Colonial Ave, Norfolk Hours: Daily 11:00 am - 2:00 am A local favorite since the 1970’s, and the Best pizza in Norfolk! Excellent selection of 33 Beers on tap including several seasonal brews! Whether you choose to enjoy a pie with the family in the dining room, a beer with some friends playing air hockey, a seat at the bar or a table on the best front porch/ patio in Ghent, we can guarantee you’ll have a great time!
Cogan’s Pizza North, 4311 Colley Ave., Norfolk Hours: Daily 11:00 am - 2:00 am Cogan’s North opened January 2015 on a stretch of North Colley, locally and loving referred to as Colleywood. Much like Cogan’s Norfolk, Cogan’s North specializes in Pizza and a large selection of craft beer (44 taps plus dozens of bottles!). Our modern dining room features a large community table, 2 state of the art pool tables, arcade games and of course, games just for the little gorillas. Upstairs is an incredible soon to be covered patio, where you can sit back and enjoy views of the water and our lovely NoCo neighborhood.
Every Fri - Firkin Friday!
bottleBOX, Craft beer to-go, 325 B W 21st Street, Norfolk. Wed/Thu 2-10:00 pm, Fri-Sat 12 pm-12 am, Sun 2-8:00 pm Ghent’s first Craft Beer bottle shop. Offering growler/crowler fills from 12 rotating taps, an extensive bottle selection, gourmet snacks, and beer-related gifts. http://www.bottlebox.beer/
On Tap: Millstone Farmhouse Cobbler Cider, Three Notch’d/O'Conner 40 Mile IPA, Alpine McIlhenney’s Irish Red, Center of the Universe Main Street altbier, Port City Maniacal DIPA, Smartmouth Safety Dance pilsner, Escutcheon Growler Kolsch, Allagash Confluence Belgian strong pale ale, New Belgium Eric’s Ale sour ale, Local Option Mourning Wood amber ale, Adroit Theory B/A/Y/S (Black as Your Soul) (Ghost 028) imperial stout, Three Notch’d Jack’s Java coffee stout
Every Wed - Free Beer Tasting, 5:30-8 pm: Aug 19, Foothills Brewing; Aug 26, Left Hand Brewing
Sat, Aug 29 - Super Strange Saturday: Strangeways Tap Takeover, 12-3:00 pm. Virginia Craft Beer Month is going out with a bang at bottleBOX! Come by to meet Lars from Strangeways Brewing and learn more about this innovative Richmond brewery. We’ll have 8 Strangeways beers on tap to sample and take home in your growler or a crowler (while supplies last). Think strange, drink strange!
Belmont House of Smoke, Ghent, 2117 Colonial Ave, Norfolk Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 am - 2:00 am, Sun 11:00 am - 12:00 am A True urban BBQ and Smokehouse, with a full upstairs Bar, outdoor deck and live Music venue, with a constantly changing selection of local, regional, and national craft beers.
Live Music most Fri/Sat!
Mix It Up, Beer, Mixers and More, 2973 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach Hours: Mon-Thu 10:00 am - 10:00 pm, Fri/Sat 10:00 am - 11:00 pm, Sun 11:00 am - 7:00 pm We specialize in drink mixers, CRAFT beer, imports and domestic, wine and gifts.
Every Sun - BYOG Sunday! Bring in your own growler and receive 10% off your Fill!
We are celebrating Virginia Craft Beer Month by featuring our 56 different local brews! Add any of these VIRGINIA CRAFT BEERS to your mixed up six pack and receive TWO tallies for that six pack!! *Remember, you get $5 OFF every single time you reach 5 tallies for the next 2 months!*
Lynnhaven Pub, N Great Neck Beach, 2236 W. Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach Hours: Mon-Sun, 11:00 am - 2:00 am An Average of 100 Different Beers and New Styles Coming In Every Week!
Tap Line Up - Alewerks Cafe Royale, Alewerks Chesapeake Pale Ale, Alpine Ale, Alpine Captain Stout, Alpine Hoppy Birthday
Every Fri - Charlotte Hour, from 5 - 8:00 pm. Our good friend Charlotte will be out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer with her, and grab a ready brew.
The Porch at Whole Foods Market, West Hilltop, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach Hours: 7 days 7am to 9pm An organic coffee bar and pub serving fresh-brewed organic coffee, seven local and craft beers on tap, wines by the glass and delicious pub food, including breakfast all day. Located in the front of the store, The Porch also features refillable growlers, mix-a-six custom six-pack program, weekly dinner specials and a NEW cheese platter menu.
Wed, Aug 19 - Nachos and a Pint, $9, 4-9 pm
Thu, Aug 20 - Beer School: featuring Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company, 6:30 pm, pay at the door. (pssst, and $3 Hot Dogs, 4-9 pm!)
Sat, Aug 22 - Keg Tapping, TBA, 3:00 pm
Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach Open daily 11:00 am - 1:30 am Do-it-yourself Draught Tables to practice your perfect pour. Choose from our selection of local microbrews and enjoy a new favorite beer you can’t find anywhere else. Growlers now Available!
Some of our latest Taps: Birra Etrusca Bronze ancient ale, Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin, Founders Double Trouble,
Live Music Wed - Sun.
Every Thu - Virginia Craft Beer Night, $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers.
Home Republic, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach Hours: Mon-Thu 3 - 10:30 pm , Friday 3 - 11:00 pm, Sat/Sun 11:00 am - 11:00 pm Home Republic is a locally owned brewpub, restaurant, and wine shop. Our mission is to make every customer feel at home by sharing our passion for good beer, wine, and food. We serve our own beer, brewed on-site, locally brewed beers on draft, and bottled beers from around the world.
Every Tue - TRIVIA TUESDAYS. What goes better with beer than a friendly competition for prizes? We are excited to have Trivia Tuesdays with Smartmouth Trivia and of course, food and drink specials! 7 - 9 pm.
Every Fri/Sat - Live Music, 7 pm
11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grill, VB Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach Hours: Mon-Thu 4:00 pm-12:00 am, Fri-Sat 11:30 am-1:30 am, Sun 11:30 am-12:00 am Quench your thirst with 32 draft beers which includes micro, craft and macro brewed beer.
Every Thu - Draft Beer Night, from 4-9:00 pm we offer 50% off our rotating Drafts!
Every Fri/Sat Live Music
Whiskey Kitchen, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach Hours: Mon-Thu 11 am - 10 pm, Fri/Sat 11 am - 11 pm, Sun 11 am - 9 pm Locally brewed, grown and owned. We let our passion for real food and exceptional service be our guide. We use local vendors, and amazing employees to create your dining experience. An unmatched selection of Bourbons and Whiskeys, plus a large selection of Craft Beers, including 24 Taps! And we just added another 8 Taps!!!
Tuesday Tap Takeovers! Aug 18, Center of the Universe(COTU); Aug 25, Young Veterans; Sep 1, Alewerks
1608 Crafthouse, 1608 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach Hours: Mon-Thu 3 - 10 pm, Fri 3 pm - 12 am, Sat 10 am - 12 am, Sun 10 am - 7 pm 1608 Crafthouse is a contemporary, casual, “farm to table” restaurant featuring regional Southern cuisine with an emphasis placed on the bounty of the Mid-Atlantic region. 1608 Crafthouse, a chef driven concept, features sustainable, local products from the Chesapeake Bay/ Mid-Atlantic region.
To wet your whistle at 1608 we offer a variety of craft beers as well as hand-crafted elixirs. Just Tapped - Pleasure House Brewing Glo Belgian Blonde, Smartmouth Wheelhouse Wit Belgian wheat. Other Taps - O'Connor El Guapo Agave IPA, Smartmouth Alter Ego Saison, Young Veterans New Recruit Honey Blond, Hardywood Park Singel Belgian Blond Ale, Flying Dog Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout, Lickinghole Creek Magic Beaver Belgian style pale ale. See more at: http://1608crafthouse.com/beer-list/#sthash.Qd2hdjQ4.dpuf
August is Virginia Craft beer month, and in our continued support of local breweries we are hosting a few events: August 17th - Young Veterans Brewing Company Pint Night; August 27th - Hardywood Park Craft Brewery Pint Night
The Bier Garden, 438 High St., Portsmouth Hours: (Dining) Tue-Thu: 11 am - 9 pm, Fri-Sat: 11 am - 10 pm, Sun: 12-9 pm; (Bar) 7 days a week until 2 am Family owned and operated by the Osfolk family since 1997, The Bier Garden is a German restaurant and bar, combining authentic Bavarian cuisine with a stellar European beer selection and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Whether you enjoy yourself in one of our two cozy indoor dining rooms, relax on our popular patio, or spend time with friends at the bar you are sure to feel at home. Come in and experience a bit of old world charm and gemutlichkeit with The Bier Garden family.
Bier Garden Draft List: A'Chouffe Houblon Chouffe, Andechs Doppelbock, Andechs Hefe Weisse, Ayinger Celebrator, Black Sheep Monty Pythons Holy Grail Ale, Belhaven Scotch Ale, Bosteels Karmeliet Tripel, Crispin Pear Cider, Delirium Tremens, Firestone Union Jack IPA, Fullers London Porter, Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc, Lindemans Framboise, Murphys Irish Stout nitro, Reissdorf Kolsch, St. Bernardus ABT 12, St. Fullien Saison, Schneider Aventinus, Schneider Aventinus Eisbock, Schneider Malthilda Sohleil Weizenbock, Verhaege Duchesse de Bourgogne, Weltenburger Kloster Barock Dunkel, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
Wharf Hill Brewing Company, 25 Main Street, Smithfield Hours: Mon-Thu 11:30 am - 11 pm, Fri 11:30 am - 1 am, Sat 11:30 am - Midnight, Sun 11:30 -10 pm Kitchen closes at 10 pm Mon-Sat, and 9 pm Sun
WHBC is now a full-service restaurant, bar, and craft brewery that also offers an event space for special functions. We feature beers brewed by our Brewmaster, Greg Bullis. We brew beer, cook food, and keep you warm and dry.
On Tap: Allagash White, Wharf Hill Isle of Wheat, Southern Tier Pumking, Blue Mountain Dark Hollow 2xStout, Champion, Alpine Duet, Firestone Walker Pivo Hoppy Pils, Stone Go To IPA
Every Wed - Live Music, 7-10 pm.
Hampton Taphouse, Downtown, 17 E. Queen’s Way, Hampton Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 am - 2:00 am, Sun 10:30 am - 2:00 am The Taphouse, the “Acme of Beer Since 1984”. Long before the micro revolution, the Taphouse was serving up pint after pint of American and world craft brews. Our Hampton location has 37 constantly rotating draught selections and hundreds of bottles to choose from. Belgians are our prides, trappists, abbeys, and other merry monk quaffers will surely entertain. Our food, not pub grub, stands up to any kitchen, anywhere.
We got some beers with names to chew on and/or ponder: Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof Goseator, DuClaw Brewing Co. Dirty Little Freak, Founders Brewing Co. Old Curmudgeon, 21st Amendment Brewery Down to Earth, and Avery Brewing Company Maharaja. On tap now!
Downtown Hampton Block Party on Queens Way Every Sat, 6-11 pm, and Live Music inside every Sat Night, 10 pm, and every Sun at 4 pm
Heavens Pizza & Taphouse, 308 Buckroe Ave., Hampton Hours: Open Seven Days a week, Spring/Summer - Mom 5-10 pm, Tue-Thu 11:30 am-10 pm, Sat 11:30 am-12 am, Sun 11:30 am-10 pm Our Pizza is made with LOVE. Hand tossed dough, homemade sauce and fresh toppings. When we can, we use organic produce and meats. The more LOCAL the better! WE even BUY our water. Our H2O is fluoride and sediment free!
Draft, Bottles & Cans, and Just Clap Yo’ Hands. Be it a local St. George, a Craft from Dogfish, or a Stone from the West Coast, you never know what brews we’ll get in next.
On Draft Now: Civil Life Brown, St. Lois, MO; Brewer’s Alley IPA, Frederick, MD; Saucony Kutztown Amber Lager, Kutztown, PA; Foothills Brewing People’s Porter, Winston-Salem, NC; Laughing Dog Brewing Devil Dog IPA, Ponderay, ID ; Stone Brewing Co. Ruinten Triple IPA, Escondido, CA.
Stop in for a pint and a handmade pizza!
Craft 60 Ale House, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News Hours: Mon-Fri 4 pm - 2 am, Sat/Sun 11 am - 2 am Our goal is to create a unique & memorable experience for our guests every time by providing top notch personalized service in a welcoming environment and hand crafting every dish.
Our 2015 Brewery Tour will be highlighting a different brewery each month through 2015. Join us this month as we take our next stop on the Brewery tour with Dogfish Head Craft Ales from Delaware. Wed Aug 5 starts our Tap Invasion celebrating an all new draft lineup of Dogfish Head Beers. Wed Aug 12 Steal the Flight night, first 50 guests to purchase any Dogfish head beer flight, will receive a free logo flight glass. Wed Aug 19 Steal the Pint night, first 50 guests to purchase any Dogfish Head Pint will receive a free logo pint glass. Wed Aug 26 Craft Collisions, enjoy one of our delicious handcrafted burgers & any Pint of Dogfish Head beer for only $10.
DoG Street Pub, Merchants’ Square, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg Hours: Mon-Thu 11:00 am - 12:00 am, Fri-Sat 11:00 am - 1:00 am, Sun 11:00 am - 12:00 am Williamsburg took the best of England and made it American. Chef David Everett continues the trend with his unique take on the British Gastropub.http://www.dogstreetpub.com/
Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three sliders & chips for $12 with an optional pairing flight.
Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 401A W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg Hours: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Daily Take DoG Street Pub home with you. Wide selection of Virginia, imported and domestic craft beers. cocktail mixers & supplies. Gourmet foods.
Grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or pick from our large selection of craft bottles and cans.
Beer on tap at HoT DoG: Alewerks Maizie’s ESB, Center of the Universe El Duderino chocolate milk stout, Hardywood Great Return, O'Connor BBA Porter, Alewerks/Virginia Beer Co. Red Rye IPA, Alesmith Grand Cru, Bear Republic Hop Shovel
*Now available at the bottle shop - a flight of all 8 beers on tap for one price for your adventurous & indecisive imbibed
Berret’s Seafood and Taphouse Grill, 199 South Boundary Street, Williamsburg Hours: 4 - 9:30 pm Daily (weather permitting) The Taphouse Grill is our casual outdoor bar and grill that celebrates a more contemporary Virginia than our historic neighbors across Duke of Gloucester Street. The menu features seafood, chicken and beef, highlighting Virginia specialties such as oysters, crab, and fresh produce. Steamed whole Virginia blue crabs are available during the summer. The Taphouse has a full bar that includes a wine menu featuring unique selections that highlight award winning wines from across the state, and a beer menu with more local microbrews on tap than any other outdoor restaurant in the area. Live music is featured on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays all summer long! (weather permitting).
Every Thursday during the summer is Steal the Pint Night. A different brewery is featured each night with 4 unique draft beers. Keep the glass, enjoy a great meal and listen to some local music: Aug 20, Center of the Universe Brewing Co.; Aug 27, Smartmouth Brewing Co.
Oceans & Ale, the Prime Outlets, 5601 Richmond Road, Williamsburg Hours: Sun-Thu 11:30 am - 12:00 am, Fri/Sat 11:30 am - 2:00 am Oceans & Ale is a classic seafood and steakhouse that prides itself on the highest food quality and guest service. We look to challenge the depths of flavor with seasonal menus and our combination of local and world renowned brews.
O&A carries 20 different draft beers on tap! We call 6 of these “The Rotating Taps” and they were designed to constantly evolve giving you the unique ability to try limited releases, seasonals & small batch brews!
Rotating Taps: COTU Pocahoptus IPA, Kona Longboard lager, Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale, Bell’s Oberon, Blue Mountain Hopwork Orange IPA, and New Belgium 1554 Black Lager.
Summer Steal the Pint Nights at Oceans & Ale: Thu Aug 20, Alewerks/St George; Thu Aug 27 COTU Brewing. 253-2ALE for Reservations!