Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Local Brew Happenings in Tidewater VA
UPCOMING BREW / BEER FESTS:
Sat, Oct 10 - Noblemen’s Oktoberfest 2015, Camp Pendleton, 12-6:00 pm, corner of Birdneck Rd. & General Booth Blvd., Virginia Beach. The Noblemen Oktoberfest is the BIGGEST and BEST Oktoberfest celebration in Hampton Roads! There will be fun for the whole family all day long including: Live music with The Happy Dutchmen and The Deloreans, Authentic German Food, Large Variety of Micro Brews on Tap, Wine and Soft Drinks, Kids Food and Drinks, Kids Games and Carnival, PLUS Handicap Accessible! This year we will feature “Das Festhaus”, an all-inclusive VIP area (includes authentic German food and beverages, beer and wine) inside of the Oktoberfest event! General admission tickets do not include food and beverage, but guests will be able to purchase food and beverages inside of the event. Kids under 13 get in FREE! Kids between 13 and 18 are only $5.00 (pay at the gate). Active duty, retired military and their immediate families get in FREE! Special needs persons and their immediate families get in FREE!
Sat, Oct 10 - Junior League of Hampton Roads 3rd Annual Craft Beer Fest, Peninsula Town Center, 12-5:00 pm, 4410 Claiborne Sq. E Suite 212, Hampton. plan to join the JLHR for the Peninsula’s hottest fall event! The third annual Craft Beer Festival is a rain or shine event, with a VIP hour from 12-1 pm at Peninsula Town Center. It will be located in the Town Square area across from Barnes and Nobles. To sample the craft beers you will need to purchase a ticket online beginning July 1st at www.jlhr.org, or at the door. $5 non-drinking tickets available at the door. Anyone can bring a new (tags on) bath towel, and receive $5 off your ticket purchase at the door only. This year’s festival will offer live music, food and merchant vendors, fun raffles and contests, and of course - beer samples from 15 different breweries, and more than 30 different beers! The festival will offer something for everyone!
Sat, Oct 10 - Annual Portsmouth Bier Garden Oktoberfest, The Ambassador Club of Portsmouth, 12-9:00 pm, 364 Peninsula Ave, Portsmouth. Come join us for our annual Oktoberfest. The Original Elbe Musikanten will be here again this year with their traditional German festival music. We will be featuring Paulaner beer and a wonderful selection of wines. There will be plenty to do for the children and adults alike. Plan to spend the day with us!
Sat, Oct 10 - The 3rd Annual Virginia Bacon Festival, nTelos Wireless Pavilion, 12 - 5:00 pm, 16 Crawford Cir., Portsmouth. An Event of Epic Pork-Portions: Bacon Eating contest, Bacon, craft beer, import beer, domestic beer, bourbon, bacon themed cocktails, bacon, live music, cooking competition, and more bacon! virginiabaconfestival.com
Sat, Oct 10 - Beach Ambassadors 3rd Annual Battle of the Beers, Tapped Gastropub, 1-6:00 pm, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. The event of the fall. It is the only craft beer event that pits Hampton Roads-based breweries against each other to see who has the best brews! And YOU get to help decide! What is the best part? ALL of the proceeds will go to charity! Seventy Five percent of the proceeds will go directly to St. Mary’s Home in Norfolk. The other twenty five percent will go to the charities of the winning brewers. Ticket holders will receive: Souvenir logo cup, 28 samples of local craft beer that will make you smile, Excellent food provided by Tapped Gastropub, Cornhole Games, High Quality Raffle/Auction Prizes, Professional photography to make you look good on social media, And…..Live Music: Nature’s Child and The Brandon Bower Band. Purchase tickets here: http://beachambassadors.myshopify.com/products/2015-battle-of-the-beers-ticket
Sun, Oct 11 - Green Flash Brewing’s 2nd Annual Treasure Chest Fest, Noon to 5:00 pm, Corporate Landing, Virginia Beach. Green Flash Brewing Company’s annual fundraiser event to help raise money for breast cancer research. Right next to the site of the new brewery complex the will feature an exceptional line-up of over 20 Green Flash beers, including the Treasure Chest 2015, a Mosaic hopped IPA brewed with grapefruit, prickly pear juice, and hibiscus flowers. Green Flash has also invited several local brewers to participate as well as food venders and local restaurants. Plus live music by local bands. #RaiseAGlass2015
Fri, Oct 16 - RESCHEDULED: Hearthtoberfest, Hearth Wood Fired Cuisine & Craft Beer, 4-8:00 pm, 605 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come celebrate the best season for beer at Hearth Wood Fired Cuisine & Craft Beer! $30 cash gets you a ticket for all-you-can-drink/eat beer & beast. Enjoy craft brews from: Ballast Point, Bell’s, Green Flash, Hardywood, and Left Hand. Beer will be paired with an authentic all-you-can-eat pig roast! Hearth pizzas will also be available for purchase. The Sawdust Trio, comprised of members from Woodwork, will provide acoustic jams to complete the beer-beast-beats trifecta. Tickets are available for purchase at Hearth, Big Sam’s Raw Bar, and Bay Local Eatery. Cash only. Remaining tickets will be sold at the event, but we recommend securing yours ahead of time to be sure! https://www.facebook.com/events/899174110131950/
Sat, Oct 17 - RESCHEDULED: VersAbility Craft Beer Festival, 12-5:00 pm, Versability Resources, 2520 58th St, Hampton. Donate a computer, laptop, cell phone, or other electronic device (no TVs or monitors) to recycle and receive a voucher for a special gift during the event. Tickets are $25 and include: Souvenir beer glass, 26 tastings from 13 craft breweries, Live entertainment by The Deloreans and former American Idol contestant Matt Sease, Food trucks, And more! Additional tasting/beer tickets will be available for purchase during the event. Purchase your tickets now at https://versability-beerfestival-2015.eventbrite.com/ or call 757.896.6473.
Sat/Sun, Oct 17/18 - Virginia Beach Craft Beer Festival, On the beach at 30th Street, 1 - 6:00 pm, Virginia Beach Oceanfront. The Virginia Beach Craft Beer Festival has convenient parking at the 31st Street City Garage and is ‘weather-proof’ for the weekend under a giant tent on the beach at 30th Street! Over 80 craft beers from over 50 breweries are available for sampling at the Virginia Beach Craft Beer Festival. Tickets include sampling, a commemorative cup, and live entertainment. - See more at: http://www.beachstreetusa.com/festivals/virginia-beach-craft-beer-festival#sthash.RLJcVF4o.dpuf
Sat, Oct 24 - RESCHEDULED: 4th Annual Gordon Biersch Arts & Drafts Craft Beer Event, Plaza at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, 2 - 6:00 pm, Virginia Beach. Join us on the Sandler Center Plaza for a large selection of local & regional craft beers! Plus: Good eats from Gordon Biersch, Live acoustic entertainment, Indoor local artisan market, Free to enter. Sampling tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the gate. VIP Hour Admission $45 - Beat the crowed and get in early, early admission at 1 pm, Brewer interaction, Gordon Biersch appetizer, Acrylic souvenir beer mug. Reserved tables for 4 or 8 are available for reservation. For pricing and more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun, Nov 1 - 7th Annual House of Blues & Brews, Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art, 1-5:00 pm, 2200 Parks Avenue, Virginia Beach. You don’t want to miss MOCA’s annual outdoor fall fest, the House of Blues and Brews, presented by Atlantic Shores Retirement Community! Who makes the best stew in town? Nine local restaurants will compete for this honor. Sample the stews and cast your vote while imbibing craft brews and swaying to the blues. A silent auction will give you the opportunity to own some art works from favorite Boardwalk Art Show artists. http://virginiamoca.org/7th-annual-house-blues-brews
PINT NIGHTS / TAP TAKEOVERS / KEG TAPPINGS:
Mon, Oct 5
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Ghent, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Erdinger Oktoberfest Stein Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night features Bavarian Germany’s Erdinger Brewery’s famous Oktoberfest weissbier! Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
Tue, Oct 6
- Treasure Chest Pint Night at Tubby’s Tavern, 5-10:00 pm, 2224 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Green Flash is partnering with Tubby’s to raise money for breast cancer research. #RaiseAGlass2015 for breast cancer awareness. We’ll be raffling off 2 tickets to Treasure Chest Fest Virginia Beach 2015.
- Heavy Seas Steal the Pint, 80/20 Burger Bar, 6-Midnight, 123 W 21st St, Norfolk. You know the drill. Buy the Beer and you keep the glass. On Draft: Riptide - Belgian IPA 7.25%; Winter Storm - ESB 7.5%; Crossbones - Session IPA 4.5%; Great'ER Pumpkin - Imperial Pumpkin Ale 10%
Wed, Oct 7
- Duck-Rabbit Free Tasting, bottleBOX, 5:30-8:00 pm, 325B W. 21st Street, Ghent, Norfolk. Hey Norfolk! Looking to try some new craft beers? Then join us for another Free tasting at bottleBOX featuring The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery, from Farmville, NC.
- Penny Pint Night, Gosport Tavern, 6:00 pm, 702 High Street, Portsmouth. Our weekly Wednesday Penny Pint Glass night. Get the glass for a penny while drinking some of the delicious offerings. Starts at 6 pm so make your plans now before they are all gone!
- O'Connor Brewing Flight Night, Craft 60 Ale House, 4-9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. What better way to enjoy the awesome Craft Brews from O'Connor Brewing Co. than on a paddle. Enjoy discounts on all flights until 9 pm.
- Treasure Chest Pint Night at DoG Street Pub, 8-8:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Green Flash and DoG Street Pub are teaming up to raise money for breast cancer research. #RaiseAGlass2015 for breast cancer awareness.
Thu, Oct 8
- Pint Night, Chicho’s More Than Pizza, 29th St., Virginia Beach. Each Thursday we switch out one of the taps with a new IPA or other craft beer. When you buy a pint of it you get the glass as a gift.
- Pint for Paws, Bakers Crust Hilltop, 4-10:00 pm Virginia Beach. Baker’s Crust and Virginia Beach SPCA present Pint for Paws, with 10% of sales donated to SPCA. Bring a toy, treat and or blanket to donate to our furry little friends. There’ll be $3 Sierra Nevada Pints, Swag, and $6 pizzas!
- Beer School at Whole Foods Virginia Beach, 6:30-8:00 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join Daniel on The Porch for a different topic each week. Come hang out and find a new favorite! 21 years of age or older with valid ID.
- Free Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30-7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
- Lickinghole Creek Pint Night, HK on the Bay, 6-8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd, Virginia Beach. Head on out to HK on the Bay to enjoy some delicious brews from HK’s brewery of the month, Lickinghole Creek Farm Brewer, from Goochland, VA. Spend your Thursday night right at HK on the Bay and take home a glass with each pint purchase! We’ll have their Magic Beaver Belgian style pale ale, Darjeeling Three Chopt tripel, and Til Sunset session IPA. Hang with us, eat some good food and drink some great beer.
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Pizza, 5:00 pm to close, Wards Corner, 7550 Granby St., Norfolk. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- Sails 'n Ales at O'Connor Brewing Company, 4:30-7:30 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Come and hang out with the Sail Nauticus crew! We’ll have our new boat on display, as well as offering some great discounts on some fantastic brews at O'Connor’s. Want to learn how to sail? We’ve got you covered–sign up for membership with us at O'Connor’s and we’ll waive your $100 initiation fee! Membership gives you access to our fleet of Harbor 20s and one of the coolest groups of people around–but on top of that, you’ll be supporting our after school program and the heart of what we do, the Sail Nauticus Academy. For more information on membership, Academy, or any of our other offerings, visit our website at www.sailnauticus.org.
- Treasure Chest Pint Night at The Public House, 5-8:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave, Norfolk. Green Flash is partnering with The Public House to help raise money for breast cancer research. We’ll be raffling off 2 tickets to Treasure Chest Fest Virginia Beach 2015! #RaiseAGlass2015
- Pizza & Pint Night, Baker’s Crust, Ghent, Greenbrier & Williamsburg, Every Thu after 4:00 pm. Originating in Naples, Italy, our Neapolitan pizzas mimic that of the traditional Neapolitan Pizza using only 00 flour, hand-stretched dough, house-made fresh mozzarella & Italian tomatoes. Our pizzas are brought to life in our oak wood-fired oven, creating pizzas with an added layer of texture and flavor. $6 Pizzas, PLUS a Special Happy Hour from 4-9 pm.
- Steal the Pint Night, Roger Brown’s Restaurant and Sports Bar, 5-9:00 pm, 316 High Street, Portsmouth. Join us tonight for our weekly “Steal the Pint Night” at Roger Brown’s. FYI, when you buy a pint, you get to take home one of our decorative pint glasses.
- Steal the Pint Night, The Point at Phoebus, 6:00 pm, 30 E Mellen Street, Hampton. Join us as we welcome our featured brewery for pint night. We are featuring Back Bay Brewing for the month of August. We will be pouring their local craft beer to go with our farm to table comfort foods. Come grab a pint.
- Craft Beer Tasting, Score Bowling Alley / Sports Bar, 6:30 pm, Peninsula Town Center, 4401 W Claiborne Square, Hampton. Bring on the beer tasting! Join us in the lounge and enjoy some new brews + pairings of custom tasty bites from Chef Jaime.
- Oktoberfest Celebration w/ Auf Gehts Live, Craft 60 Ale House, 6:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Event moved to 10/8 due to inclement weather. What better way to start off October than with some great German music by Auf Gehts on our patio. Tons of great beer & and great music by Auf Gets!
- Slider Night, Dog Street Pub, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three sliders & chips for $12 with an optional pairing flight.
- Starr Hill Pint Night, Berret’s Taphouse Grill, 5-9:30 pm, 199 South Boundary Street, Williamsburg. We welcome Starr Hill Brewing Co., from Crozett, VA to the Taphouse Grill this week with a killer lineup of craft brews! Come enjoy the beer, meet the brewers, and keep the glass. Plus live music from 6-9 pm, and $1 Oysters til 7 pm!
- O&A Steal the Pint Night Collaboration, Oceans & Ale, 5:00 pm, Prime Outlets 5601-1 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg. This Thursday we pair strength with strength for a Steal the Pint Night collaboration! Join us and take home not one, but two pint glasses from a couple tasty East Coast Breweries! (While supplies last) Heavy Seas Beer: New World saison, Crossbones Session IPA, Loose Cannon IPA; Smartmouth Beer: Notch 9 Double IPA, Murphy’s Law Amber Ale. Call 253-2ALE (2253) for reservations. www.oceansandale.com Cheers!
Fri, Oct 9
- Treasure Chest Pint Night, Home Republic, 6-9:00 pm, 328 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Green Flash and Home Republic are teaming up to raise money for breast cancer research. #RaiseAGlass2015 for breast cancer awareness. We’ll be raffling off 2 tickets to Treasure Chest Fest Virginia Beach 2015.
- Charlotte Hour, Lynnhaven Pub, 5-8:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Our good friend Charlotte will be out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer with her, and grab a ready brew.
- Southern Grit Release Party Featuring Food Pop-ups by Alkaline & Le Mu Eats, O'Connor Brewing Company, 4:30-7:30 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Come join us for an honest conversation over food in Hampton Roads as we throw one serious party and debut Edition 3 of Southern Grit magazine. Possibly the best pop up chef in Hampton Roads, Kevin Ordonez of Alkaline will be premiering a brand new and exclusive dish to this event from 5 to 7pm! Chef “Sav”/ Sayvepen Sengsaveng of Le Mu Eats will then will be serving some seriously delicious South-East Asian/American indebted food from 7 to 9 pm. And Live Music by Larry Frame of The Dahus!
- Friday Firkin, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. On Fridays we tap a cask ale from local or regional Craft Brewers. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!!!
- Free Beer Tasting, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5 - 8:00 pm, Williamsburg. Come by every Friday to try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans.
Sat, Oct 10
- Treasure Chest Pint Night at Lynnhaven Pub, 6-10:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd, Virginia Beach. Green Flash is teaming up with Lynnhaven Pub to raise money for breast cancer research. #RaiseAGlass2015 to support breast cancer research.
- Midnight at Noon, bottleBOX, 12-3:00 pm, 325B W. 21st Street, Ghent, Norfolk. Join us a Midnight Brewery tap takeover! We will be featuring seven delicious beers on tap to sample and take home in your growler or crowler (while supplies last). From 12 PM to 3 PM, Trae Cairns, Midnight’s founder and owner, will be in the shop to answer your questions about his brews. You can also taste Captain Salty’s Hot Nuts with the Captain himself from 12 to 3 pm. We will announce the beer list this week, so stay tuned for more details. See you there!
- BenchTop Brewing Tasting, The Barrel Room, 4-6:00 pm, 437 Granby St, Norfolk. We had so much fun at our last tasting at the Barrel Room we have decided to do another one. In this tasting we will be sampling a delicious flagship in addition to some wonderful tweaks to some previously poured brews. We will be pouring 2oz tastings of 4 of our beers which are: Mango Saison, Pineapple Basil Saison, Benchtop IPA, Coffee Chocolate Porter. We will provide FREE Belgian tasting glasses for your sampling pleasure until they run out. We also would ask that if you have a tasting glass from a previous tasting please bring it so we can get glasses to as many people as possible.
Sun, Oct 11
- LHVB Brewery Series: Commonwealth Brewing, Lager Heads Restaurant, 2:00 pm, 3315 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach. Join us at Lager Heads for our on-going brewery series! Enjoy hearing from the brewery, sampling products, and more! https://www.facebook.com/events/398972566980095/
Mon, Oct 12
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Ghent, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night. Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
Tue, Oct 13
- Commonwealth Tap Takeover Tuesday, The Whiskey Kitchen, 6-9:00 pm, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach. On the 2nd and 4th Tuesday om each month this fall, we’ll invite a brewery to take over some of our taps with the beers they want to feature. Come in and enjoy a beer with the guys from Commonwealth Brewing, Virginia Beach’s newest, and sample some of their tasty brews. Start or add to your cool collection of Brew logo glassware.
- Wild Wolf Tap Takeover, The Barrel Room, 7-9:00 pm, 437 Granby St, Norfolk. We are so excited to have a great regional brewery in here. Wild Wolf Brewing Company from Nellysford, VA will be here on October 13th to take over our taps. Beers are currently TBA but will be updated soon.
Wed, Oct 14
- O'Connor Brewing Pint Night, CP Shucker’s Shore Drive, 3232 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Pint night with O'Connor Brewing Co. featuring El Guapo Agave IPA, Bell’s Beach Fall Saison, and Oktoberfest. All Pints $3 and you keep the glass. Special “beer bites” menu featured by chef Leon Buenviaje all night. Live music at 9 pm. (757) 412-2929
- 70th Anniversary of the Battleship Wisconsin’s return from WWII, Nauticus front court, 5:30-7:30 pm, Waterside Dr., Norfolk. O'Connor Brewing is extremely proud to announce the official release of our brand new beer, inspired by the Battleship Wisconsin! Celebrate with us as we commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the Wisconsin’s return from WWII and unveil this exciting collaboration brew! Live Music, Food Truck.
Thu, Oct 15
- Lickinghole Creek Firkin, HK on the Bay, 6:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd, Virginia Beach. HK on the Bay teamed up with October’s brewery of the month, Lickinghole Creek and made a firkin together! The brew is their session I.P.A. with mango and pomegranate added creating 'On the Bay 'til Sunset’. You will only be able to get it at HK on the Bay this one time! Make your reservations and get here early because it’s not going to last!
- Red Sails and Ales w/ Smartmouth Brewing, American Rover, 6-8:00 pm, Waterside Marina, Downtown Norfolk. Join us the third Thursday of every month for a craft beer tasting. A representative from the Brewery will be on board to discuss the brewing process while you enjoy a smooth sunset cruise under sail on the Elizabeth River. A barbecue dinner from Beach Bully and live music by our ship’s musician are also included. $40 per person(Ages 21 and up).
- O'Connor Brewing Steal the Pint Night, Craft 60 Ale House, 4-9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. 1st 100 guests to order any pint of O'Connor’s craft beer will receive a free logo pint glass.
Tue, Oct 20
- Heavy Seas Pint Night, 1608 Craft House, 1608 Pleasure House Rd #103, Virginia Beach. Join us as we welcome Heavy Seas Brewing to the Craft House. Seating is limited, so get there early!
Wed, Oct 21
- First Beer Dinner, The Whiskey Kitchen, 6-9:00 pm, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach. Featuring Foothills Brewing from Winston-Salem, NC.
Sat, Oct 24
- Sat, Oct 24 - First Annual Cogan’s Beerfest, Cogan’s North, Noon to Midnight, 4311 Colley Ave, Norfolk. Come out to Cogan’s North and celebrate our First Annual Beerfest! Our friends from O'Connor Brewing Company will be taking over and we will have OVER 20 OF THEIR BEERS ON TAP for you to try. We will also have live music all day from Rodeo Clown, The Janks, and Broken Mouth Annie. The party starts at noon RAIN OR SHINE and the entire day benefits The Hope House Foundation. Can’t wait to see all of our friends and family Saturday October 24th for your favorite pizza, beer, games, music, and more!
- SmokeToberFest, Smoke BBQ Restaurant & Bar, 2-10:00 pm, 10900 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Come celebrate with us for our 2nd Annual Smoketoberfest! We will have 2 bands: '710 Oil’ and 'Blue Ribbon’; 8 breweries, corn hole games, and a bourbon tasting inside! FREE TO ATTEND!!! If you wish to partake in the beer tasting the tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. We have tickets available now at the restaurant, as well as T-shirts! (757) 595-4320 | email@example.com
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BREWER - BREWERY HAPPENINGS:
O'Connor Brewing Company, 211 W. 24th Street, Norfolk
Taproom Hours: Mon-Thu 4-8:00 pm, Fri 4-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 12-6:00 pm
Beers on Tap: We have all of our flagship beers on tap + our seasonals including: Kolsch, Pilsner, Maibock, Double IPA, & our latest release Fall Galaxy Saison!
Mon, Oct 5 - Wanna have a chance to chat with the folks who brewed your tasty beer? Well, Mondays are Meet the Brewer Mondays, which means our very own brewers are behind the bar, ready to serve you! Come by and say “Hi!”.
Tue, Oct 6 - Tasty Tuesday, which means we’re offering drink specials on Pints and Flights all evening. Come check out the lovely new brews we’ve got for you! Also 'Pino’s Meatballs’ will be our on-site food truck, serving up all the meatballs you can handle.
Wed, Oct 7 - 1st Wed Trivia & Vinyl Night. Hosted by the ultimate Trivia Maestro Nicholas Simmons of Video Game Heaven. Trivia starts at 6 pm, there is a $1 buy in AND there will be PRIZES! Plus, if you like good music, good beer, and the sound of vintage vinyl, then come by and check us out every Wednesday, when we make this threesome happen. And feel free to bring in your own records to throw on our turntable - we’d love to see what you’ve got! We’ve got many draft options to choose from while enjoying the music.
Thu, Oct 8 - Growler Fill Thursday & Beers n’ Gyros Night. Time to fill up for the weekend! Every Thursday we offer 30% off growler fills, so come on in, get a stamp on your Frequent Filler Growler card, and stay for a pint or two! Plus, you can pair one of our delicious, hand-made beers with a mouth-watering Gyro from tonight’s featured food truck 'NY Souvlaki’!
Fri, Oct 9 - Food Truck Friday. TGIF! Looking for somewhere different to go on Friday night that is friendly, lively, and FUN! Well then come on down to OBC where every Friday night we have good times, lots of our delectable craft beers, and yummy creations from one of our friendly food trucks - 'Cap'n Crabby’, 4-9 pm! Plus tonight we’ll also host the Southern Grit Release Party Featuring Food Popups by Alkaline & Le Mu Eats, and live music.
Sat, Oct 10 - CRAFTED Indie Arts and Craft Market 2015, 12-6 pm. A lively celebration of all things Handmade! Artists, crafters, makers and designers from near and far come together. 50+ vendors gather under one gigantic tent in the parking lot of O'Connor’s Brewing Co. for this once a year event. Arts, crafts, D.I.Y., crafts people, beer, music and more! Food trucks on-site will be: Karnage Asada, CXB BBQ & Eats, and Scratch Bakery. For more information visit www.craftedva.com or the Facebook event page, www.facebook.com/craftedva.
Sun, Oct 11 - Waffletina Brunch & SIN. Every SECOND SUNDAY we welcome pop-up waffle shop Waffletina to the brewery for a one-of-a-kind brunch, from noon to 3 pm, or until the waffles run out! And it’s Service Industry Night, so if you work in a bar or restaurant, we’ve got an exclusive happy hour just for you! Please bring in a recent pay stub as proof that you’re an industry employee.
Upcoming - Save the date, Oct 18, 2nd Annual Dogtoberfest. You are invited to join Friends of the Norfolk Animal Care Center for a fundraising Sunday afternoon of barks and brew. The event is from 1 to 5 pm. Tickets are $20 ($25 at the door) and patrons will get a custom Dogtoberfest beer glass, one free beer and complimentary lunch.
Smartmouth Brewing Company, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk
Tasting Room Hours: Wed-Fri 4:30 - 8:00 pm, Sat 12:00 - 7:00 pm
Sat: Discounted Growler Fills from 12-2 pm, and Free Brewery tours on the hour, 2-6 pm
10 beers on tap including seasonals: The just released Outta Yer Gourd, Cowcatcher milk stout, I-64 IPA, Alter (ed) Ego, and Lactobacillusaurus Berliner Weiss, as well as our regulars: Alter Ego Saison, Murphy’s Law American Amber Ale, Rule G IPA, Safety Dance pilsner, and Notch 9 Double IPA! See you soon!
Tue, Oct 6 - Ghent Business Association’s Mask-Making Party
Wed, Oct 7 - Pete’s Pub Trivia, 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Now every Wednesday! Let Pete challenge your knowledge of random facts and information. No charge. Starts promptly at 5:30 pm. Teams of 6 or less. Winners get a choice of glassware. Plus tasty treats from 'Hashi’ food truck.
Thu, Oct 8 - Tasty wood-fired pizzas from 'Bakehouse at Chelsea’.
Fri, Oct 9 - 'Gerty’s Gourmet’ Food Truck serving up tasty street food.
Sat, Oct 10 - Brews, Grub & Tunes, with live music by 'Vince Kornegay’, 4:30-6:30 pm, and tasty street food by one of our favorite food trucks.
Upcoming - Save the date Sat, Nov 7 - Our 3rd birthday party street bash!
Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach
Taproom Hours: Tue-Thu 3-7:00 pm, Fri 3-9:00 pm, Sat 12-9:00 pm, Sun 1-6:00 pm
We’re proud of what we create here and love nothing more than sharing our passion with others.
On tap - Fresh batch of Fire at Sea smoked coffee porter and Ghost Ship pale ale, as well as Teredo Berliner-style Weiss, Beachfest Coastal Festbier, Silent Siren sour with peaches, Sandshark Summer Ale, Hurricane Wheat ale, Hammerhead IPA, Hoptopus DIPA, and Full Broadside Biere de Garde
Fri, Oct 9 - Come on out to start your weekend with our fresh draft beers, and amazing food from one of our favorite food trucks, 'Bro’s Fish Tacos’! starting around 4 pm.
Sat, Oct 10 - Saturday casks are back! Pair our great fresh beer with tasty treats from another favorite food truck 'Gerty’s Gourmet’, don’t miss out! 1-6 pm!
Sun, Oct 11 - Growler Power Hours. The weekend’s not over, we’re open from 1-6 pm, but from 2-4 pm we offer discounts on all growler and grenade fills! Plus, you can hang out and grab a pint and some lunch, with 'Rocket Box’ food truck.
Upcoming - Save the date, Oct 24, 5th Anniversary Celebration and Bottle Releases: Join us as we celebrate the brewery’s FIFTH Birthday! It’s a serious milestone for us and we’re pulling out the stops. You will have difficulty choosing what to drink, we promise. There will be TWO bottle releases this day: DEVIL’S TAKE: Our SeaDevil Imperial Stout, brewed with specialty sugars and patiently aged in American bourbon barrels; BRING OUT YOUR DEAD: A farmhouse-style ale. 5th Anniversary Cups: The first 500 guests will receive a free keepsake cup featuring the 'Bring Out Your Dead’ artwork. And as always, there will be a Halloween costume contest.
Young Veterans Brewing Company, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Virginia Beach
Tasting Hours: Tue-Thu 1500-2000, Fri 1500-2300, Sat 1200-2300, Sun 1200-2000
High Speed - High Quality. Veteran Owned and Operated.
Military Discount - 15% with valid ID
We have all 6 of our flagship beers on draft along with 2 seasonal beers! - Just released Old Frogman wet hopped harvest ale, Semper Porteratus robust Porter, Big Red Rye, New Recruit, Pineapple Grenade Hefeweizen, Semper FI.P.A., Jet Noise DIPA, and Night Vision stout! Come get your growlers filled!
Tue, Oct 6 - Taco Tuesday, starting at the taproom around 1500 (3:00 pm).
Fri, Oct 9 - Food Truck Friday with one of our favorite food trucks on site to pair their great pies with our fresh beer starting at 1500 hours.
Sat, Oct 10 - Celebrate the weekend with tasty food by another of our favorite food trucks to pair with our fresh beer starting at 1500 hours.
Upcoming - Save the Date Saturday, 21 Nov: YVBC’s Cadence Fest Music and Craft Beer Festival and our collaboration beer with Manchester Orchestra, at the Virginia Beach Aviation Museum, tickets go on sale 1 Oct.
Back Bay Brewing Company, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach
Taproom Hours: Tue-Thu 3-10 pm, Fri/Sat 12n-12 am, Sun 3-10 pm
Now On Tap - Just released Witch of Pungo Pumpkin Ale, Tidewater Watermelon Wheat, Dawn Patrol Session IPA, False Cape Amber Ale, Atlantic Ave IPA, Steel Pier Lager, Summer Shandy
Tue, Oct 6 - Karaoke Night w/ DJ Mike Cee.
Thu, Oct 8 - Vinyl Night! Spinning records starting at 7 pm, hosted by Vinyl Daze Record Shop.
Sun, Oct 11 - Tipsy tailgate Sunday’s in the blind! Brand new HD projector and extreme sound! Come and join us in the blind for football, beer pong, and of course our lovely Beertendresses.
Upcoming - Save the Date, Oct 31, Halloween Harvest Fest Costume Party. We will be shutting down the street behind the brewery for local artist, food trucks, music, and of course beer and hard Virginia cider. We will be doing a shrimp boil and roasting Oysters! There will be costume contest for dogs, kids, and adults during the day and the brewery will be transformed into a haunted house in the evening. Bands will be playing outside till 5 and inside till 12. A ticket will get you a glass and one beer. We will have all types of firkins of wheat beer, pumpkin beer and cider! Tickets are limited so buy quickly! Use eventbrite link to buy. Early bird tickets are $15 until October 15th.
Pleasure House Brewing, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 3-10:00 pm, Fri 3-11:00 pm, Sat 12-11:00 pm, Sun 12-10:00 pm
At Pleasure House Brewing we are passionate about two things: making great beer and serving our community!
Beers: Black Drum black rye IPA, PHB Gose, No Waves dark mild, Tricks pumpkin saison, Light Tower wine barrel aged saison, Billy’s Best Bitter, Halfway House dry-hopped pale ale, BBA Wattle Seed Stout
Half-price growler fills will be in effect as always for the first & last hour of each day!
And now Crowlers! Any of our draft beers to go, plus special releases (on or off premise), in Huge 32 oz. cans!!! Plus, bring your empty Crowlers (ours or anyone else’s) to PHB and receive $1 off your tab.
Every Sunday - Crockpot Sunday. Come eat our contestants crockpot creations! Try them all and vote. The winner gets a $20 gift card! Just a minimum $3 donation that goes to charity and you too can be a judge!
Upcoming - Save the Date, Fri Oct 30, 1st Anniversary/Thank You All! It’s hard to believe we opened one year ago on the day before Halloween. So much goodness to celebrate, and it’s all possible thanks to your awesomeness. So we’re going to celebrate you… with special beers, all-day low prices, free food, and commemorative glassware. More details coming soon!
Wasserhund Brewing Company, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach
Taproom Hours: Thu 4 - 9:00 pm, Fri 3 - 11:00 pm, Sat 12 - 11:00 pm, Sun 12 - 8:00 pm, Mon 4 - 9:00 pm
Wasserhund (meaning “water dog” in German) Brewing Company was born from a love of the beach, dogs, and German beer. We aspire to bring the German beer culture to Virginia Beach in the best way… by brewing the highest quality ales, lagers, and meads and providing the environment to enjoy them with family, friends, and strangers.
On Tap: our refreshing new grapefruit IPA, Marzen, Oktoberfest, German Pilsner, Kolsch Style ale, Hoppin’ Honey Ale, Roasted Pumpkin Pale ale, Citrus Honey ale
Starting October 12 - Mondays are the new Fridays at Wasserhund! Come check out trivia every Monday, from 7-9 pm. Drink beer, eat pizza, and win some great prizes!
Upcoming - Save the Date, Sat Oct 31, Wasserween. Come celebrate Halloween with Wasserhund. We will have a dog costume contest, pizza specials, and a special release of a collaboration with Back Bay Brewing Company! Open from 12p-11p, but the party will kick off at 5p. We will have extended outdoor seating to accommodate all our doggy friends and their owners. Wear a costume and get 10% off your order!
Commonwealth Brewing Company, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 3 - 10 pm, Fri 3 pm - 12 am, Sat 12 pm - 12 am, Sun 12 - 9 pm
Commonwealth Brewing Co. is an artisanal, local family owned craft brewery located in the former Chesapeake Beach Volunteer Fire and Rescue site. At Commonwealth Brewing Company, we believe that beer should be adventurous, diverse, extremely drinkable, and sometimes even wild. We think there is a beer for everyone and find no greater pleasure than when our craft beguiles a friend to try something new. We uphold rustic farmhouse traditions, huge hop American styles, and the complex depths of wild fermentations.
Beers: Our new open fermented Belgian Quad Cheval de Trait, Deliquesce Belgian tafelbier, Aureole Belgian lager, The Wealth blonde saison, Hoi Polloi session IPA, Taonga imperial Hopfenweizen, Supernaculum west coast IPA
Big Ugly Brewing Company, 1296 S. Battlefield Blvd, Chesapeake
Hours: Wed/Thu 5-9 pm, Fri 5-10 pm, Sat 12-10 pm, Sun 12-4 pm
Big, Bold, Barrel-aged Beers. Big Ugly is Chesapeake’s first microbrewery. We plan on revolutionizing our town one beer at a time.
We’ve got great beers flowing, try any of our nine awesome beers, including our newest beer, S'mores Brown ale with cocoa nibs, graham crackers & marshmallows, our award-winning Ghost Rider vanilla Porter, Split Window Saison, Sunbeam blonde ale, Rockers IPA, Bims Magic Berlinerbus (Berliner Weisse), Steady As She Gose, Burnout Stout, and The Otter Beer (root beer).
St. George Brewing Company, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton
Tap Room Hours: Mon-Fri 3-5 pm, Sat 10 am-4 pm.
Retail and Tastings Mon through Sat. Brewery Tours Wed through Sat.
Beers on Tap: Black Forest Ale, Nut Brown Ale, Feast of St. George, Pilsner, Porter, Oktoberfest, English IPA, Golden Ale, Winter Scotch Ale, and Larry’s Pink Lemonade.
Tue, Oct 6 - Thirsty Taco Tuesday with 'Stuft Not Your Average Street Food’, 4:30-8:00 pm.
Fri, Oct 9 - Food Truck & Music Fridays, 4:30-8:00 pm. There is nothing better than starting your weekend off with Live Music (starting around 6:30 pm), Food Trucks, and Beer. It’s a match made in heaven (or Hampton if you’re a local)! Oct 9 - Sofrito, and 'Koli’s Jazz Band’; Oct 16 - STUFT, and 'Koli’s Jazz Band’; Oct 23 - Seoul 757, and 'Red Stapler’; Oct 30 - STUFT, and Tony Bob Merritt
Sat, Oct 10 - Yoga on Tap. Our Tasting room is open from 10 am to 6 pm, and every Saturday morning from 10-11 am we host 'Yoga on Tap’, a one hour Vinyasa flow yoga class, by Yaz Yoga.
Alewerks Brewing Company, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg
Tasting Hours: Mon-Thu 12 - 9 pm*, Fri/Sat 12 - 9:30* pm, Sun 12 - 5 pm (*extended summer hours)
Established in 2006 and located in the heart of the early colonies in Williamsburg, Virginia, we have rolled out a broad range of beer offerings and quickly established a reputation for fine beer. We operate a direct fired brick-clad Peter Austin brew house and ferment all our beers in state-of-the-art conical fermenters.
On Tap: Jubilee rum cask aged ale, Cafe Royale, Chesapeake pale ale, Redmarker Ale, Tavern Ale, Best Bitter, Pumpkin Ale, Secret Admirer DIPA, Rapadou Porter, and Shorty Time IPA
Wed, Oct 7 - Trivia Night, 6:30 pm
Sun, Oct 11 - Live music by Tony Bob Merritt, 2-5 pm
Upcoming - Save the date, Oct 24, Imperial Barrel-Aged Pumpkin Ale Bottle Release!
Brass Cannon Brewing, 8105 Richmond Rd., Toano (Williamsburg)
Hours: Sun 12 - 5:00 pm, Mon-Sat 12 - 7:00 pm
Founded by enthusiastic homebrewers, Brass Cannon Brewing is a craft brewery dedicated to the production of high quality brews for sale on tap. We currently offer 6 quality brews at our tap room in Toano, VA. We usually have 4 year-round offerings, 1 seasonal and 1 langrage tap that changes whenever we feel like it.
On Tap: Barrage Brown Ale, Angry Scot Scottish style wee heavy ale, Muzzle Flash American amber ale, Broadside IPA, and Smoothbore Stout.
Seasonal: Kanonefest (Fall). A Märzen style beer that uses ale yeast instead of the traditional lager yeast.
Langrage Line: Irish Red, a lightly flavored red ale with a hint of roastiness.
OTHER LOCAL BREW AND BREW PUB HAPPENINGS:
The Birch Bar, Chelsea, 1231 W. Olney Rd., Norfolk
Hours: Tue-Thu 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, Fri-Sat 3:00 pm - 2:00 am
A Bar that specializes in Craft, Artisanal, European, Crazy-hard-to-say Beer and Cheese! http://thebirchbar.com/
Weekday Happy Hour: 5-7 pm, $1 off All Full Draft Beers, Tue, Wed, and Thu!Weekend Happy Hour: 3-5 pm $2 off $5 and $7 Full Draft Beers, Fri and Sat!
Introducing Pintxo Hour! Yes another crazy hard to say special at The Birch. (Pronounced pincho!) aka Free Snack from 5-6 pm Tue thru Thu!
On Tap: Founder’s Oatmeal Stout Nitro, Civil Life The Great Hencini, Smartmouth Lactobacillusarus Berliner Weisse, Professor Fritz Briem 1809 Berliner Weisse, Torrechiara Panil Barriquee Cognac Barrel Oud Bruin, Italiano’s Tipopils, Alpine Duet IPA, Green Flash Oculus Sauvage, Hanssens Cassis Currant Lambic, Oud Beersel Oude Lambik 1 Year, Cantillon Iris Grand Cru Fresh Hop Lambic, Thornbridge Bite Galaxy Dry Hopped Sour, Schlafly Pumpkin Ale, Wild Beer Sour Blend 2015, Perennial Mon Ami Belgian Golden Strong ale, Evil Twin Sour Bikini sour session IPA, Beavertown Gamma Ray pale ale, Green Flash Treasure Chest IPA, Green Flash Soul Style IPA, Del Borgo ReAle Extra Italian IPA, Hof Ten Dormaal Zure Van Tildonk 2014 oaked Sour Blonde
Wed, Oct 7 - Beer Education - We feature special tappings of rare beer, we pour crazy bottles by the glass, and we even sometime incorporate food into it!
Thu, Oct 8 - Cheesemonger Thursday, (a special board is made to pair with the featured beer of the evening). Buy a board get a cheese for free!
Fri, Oct 9 - Special Friday Night Beer and Cheese Pairing Menu - A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
Sat, Oct 10 - Weekend Happy Hour is from 3-5 pm.
Upcoming - Save the date, Oct 28, Gosebumps: A Mini Gose Tap Takeover.
Norfolk Taproom, Corner of Granby & Main Streets, Downtown Norfolk
Hours: Mon-Fri: 2:00 pm - 2:00 am, Sat-Sun: 12:00 pm - 2:00 am
24 Beers on draft and over a hundred other beers from here, there, and everywhere.
Offering Norfolk’s best Happy Hour every day from 5-7:00 pm with great food and drink specials. If you have not done so already please follow us @norfolktap on Twitter for the best updates on specials and live music performances at the Norfolk TapRoom. See y'all tonight.
The Barrel Room, 437 Granby Street, Norfolk
Hours: Tue-Thu 11 am - 12 am, Fri/Sat 1 1am - 2 am, Sun 11 am - 12 am
A lively neighborhood eatery featuring live entertainment, craft beer, artisanal wine and premium spirits.
Happy Hour is between 4-7 pm every day, with $1 off ALL BEERS! Check out our selection and come find your new favorite!
On Tap: Bear Republic Cuvee de Bubba, Pleasure House Bill’s Best Bitter, Pleasure House No Waves mild, Pleasure House Sturzenbecker, Pleasure House Worthy Sir IPA, Ace Pineapple Cider, Against the Grain 35K, Against the Grain Jacque’s Trappe, Against The Grain Rico Sauvin, Avery The Maharajah imperial IPA, Bell’s Best Brown, Bell’s Kalamazoo Stout, Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, Local Option Die Konigin, North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout Nitro, Ommegang Abbey Ale, Pabst National Bohemian, Southern Tier Warlock, Stiegl Radler Grapefruit, Terrapin/Cigar City Vapricot, Tripel Karmeliet, Van Steenberge Piraat Triple Hop, Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA
Upcoming events: Oct 8 - Macallan Tasting; Oct 10 - Benchtop Brewing Tasting; Oct 13 - Wild Wolf Tap Takeover; Oct 15 - Canned Food Drive
The Public House, Ghent, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk
Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Welcome to The Public House - Ghent’s first “gastropub.” GastroPub - It’s just a fancy word that people invented to describe places that put a creative spin on traditional pub food - and charge you eight bucks for fries. We put a lot of work into creating those spins, though, like making nearly everything in-house and using as many locally or regionally produced products as possible. We hope you enjoy. http://www.publichouseeats.com/
Every Thu - Penny Pint Night
Oct 5-11 - 4th Annual SausageFest. It’s time for Sausage, Beer, and Frolicking at The Public House! Rock Out with your Brat Out all week long at The 4th Annual SausageFest. We will have authentic German fare and great beers for your enjoyment! We guarantee it’s the most fun you can have with your Lederhosen on!
Taphouse Grill Ghent, 931 W. 21st Street, Norfolk
Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 2:00 am
The ACME of craft beer in Norfolk since 1995; Fresh Fish, Vegetarian Fare, Pastas, Fish Tacos, Burgers, Wraps, Wings, 45 Taps, 100’s of Bottles.
Cogan’s Pizza, Ghent, 1901 Colonial Ave, Norfolk
Hours: Daily 11:00 am - 2:00 am
A local favorite since the 1970’s, and the Best pizza in Norfolk! Excellent selection of 33 Beers on tap including several seasonal brews! Whether you choose to enjoy a pie with the family in the dining room, a beer with some friends playing air hockey, a seat at the bar or a table on the best front porch/ patio in Ghent, we can guarantee you’ll have a great time!
Cogan’s Pizza North, 4311 Colley Ave., Norfolk
Hours: Daily 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Cogan’s North opened January 2015 on a stretch of North Colley, locally and loving referred to as Colleywood. Much like Cogan’s Norfolk, Cogan’s North specializes in Pizza and a large selection of craft beer (44 taps plus dozens of bottles!). Our modern dining room features a large community table, 2 state of the art pool tables, arcade games and of course, games just for the little gorillas. Upstairs is an incredible soon to be covered patio, where you can sit back and enjoy views of the water and our lovely NoCo neighborhood.
Every Fri - Firkin Friday!
Upcoming - Save the Date, Oct 24, First Annual Cogan’s Beerfest
Belmont House of Smoke, Ghent, 2117 Colonial Ave, Norfolk
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 am - 2:00 am, Sun 11:00 am - 12:00 am
A True urban BBQ and Smokehouse, with a full upstairs Bar, outdoor deck and live Music venue, with a constantly changing selection of local, regional, and national craft beers.
Live Music most Fri/Sat!
bottleBOX, Craft beer to-go, 325 B W 21st Street, Norfolk.
Mon-Thu 2-10:00 pm, Fri/Sat 12 pm-12 am, Sun 12-8:00 pm
Ghent’s first Craft Beer bottle shop. Offering growler/crowler fills from 12 rotating taps (see the tap list on our website), an extensive bottle selection, gourmet snacks, and beer-related gifts. http://www.bottlebox.beer/
Every Wed - Free Beer Tasting, 5:30-8 pm: Oct 7 - Duck-Rabbit; Oct 14 - Troegs; Oct 21 - Devils Backbone
Mix It Up, Beer, Mixers and More, 2973 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 10:00 am - 10:00 pm, Fri/Sat 10:00 am - 11:00 pm, Sun 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
We specialize in drink mixers, CRAFT beer, imports and domestic, wine and gifts.
Tap line up: Larry’s Pink Lemonade, Maine Beer Another One, Peak Organic Hop Blanc, Spooky Bourbon Barrel Pumpkin Ale.
Every Sun - BYOG Sunday! Bring in your own growler and receive 10% off your Fill!
Lynnhaven Pub, N Great Neck Beach, 2236 W. Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Sun, 11:00 am - 2:00 am
An Average of 100 Different Beers and New Styles Coming In Every Week!
Every Fri - Charlotte Hour, from 5 - 8:00 pm. Our good friend Charlotte will be out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer with her, and grab a ready brew.
Sat, Oct 10 - Treasure Chest Pint Night
The Porch at Whole Foods Market, West Hilltop, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach
Hours: 7 days 7am to 9pm
An organic coffee bar and pub serving fresh-brewed organic coffee, seven local and craft beers on tap, wines by the glass and delicious pub food, including breakfast all day. Located in the front of the store, The Porch also features refillable growlers, mix-a-six custom six-pack program, weekly dinner specials and a NEW cheese platter menu.
Wed, Oct 7 - Nachos and a Pint, $9, 4-9 pm
Thu, Oct 8 - Beer School, 6:30 pm. (pssst, and $3 Hot Dogs, 4-9 pm!)
Sat, Oct 10 - Keg Tapping, TBA, 3:00 pm
Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach
Open daily 11:00 am - 1:30 am
Do-it-yourself Draught Tables to practice your perfect pour. Choose from our selection of local microbrews and enjoy a new favorite beer you can’t find anywhere else. Growlers now Available!
Some of our latest Taps: Smartmouth wet-hopped I-64 IPA, Hardywood Bourbon Cru, Smartmouth Cowcatcher milk stout, Ballast Point Pumpkin Down, Hardywood RVA IPA, Avery Lilikoi Kepolu, Alesmith Speedway Stout, Ballast Point Victory at Sea, Port City Porter, O'Connor Bells Beach Saison, Paulaner Hefeweisen
Live Music Wed - Sun.
Every Wed - Did you know ALL of our bottled beers are Half off every Wednesday?!?
Every Thu - Virginia Craft Beer Night, $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers.
Home Republic, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 3 - 10:30 pm , Friday 3 - 11:00 pm, Sat/Sun 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Home Republic is a locally owned brewpub, restaurant, and wine shop. Our mission is to make every customer feel at home by sharing our passion for good beer, wine, and food. We serve our own beer, brewed on-site, locally brewed beers on draft, and bottled beers from around the world. http://www.homerepublicvabeach.com/
Every Tue - TRIVIA TUESDAYS. What goes better with beer than a friendly competition for prizes? We are excited to have Trivia Tuesdays with Smartmouth Trivia and of course, food and drink specials! 7 - 9 pm.
Every Thu - Fall Tap Takeovers: Oct 9 - Green Flash Treasure Chest; Oct 15 - TBA; Oct 22 - Lickinghole Creek
Every Fri/Sat - Live Music, 7 pm
11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grill, VB Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 4:00 pm-12:00 am, Fri-Sat 11:30 am-1:30 am, Sun 11:30 am-12:00 am
Quench your thirst with 32 draft beers which includes micro, craft and macro brewed beer. http://www.11taphouse.com/events
Every Thu - Draft Beer Night, from 4-9:00 pm we offer 50% off our rotating Drafts!
Every Fri/Sat Live Music
Whiskey Kitchen, 2149 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 11 am - 10 pm, Fri/Sat 11 am - 11 pm, Sun 11 am - 9 pm
Locally brewed, grown and owned. We let our passion for real food and exceptional service be our guide. We use local vendors, and amazing employees to create your dining experience.
An unmatched selection of Bourbons and Whiskeys, plus a large selection of Craft Beers, including 24 Taps! And we just added another 8 Taps!!!
Fall and winter Tap Takeovers will take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month, starting in October: Oct 13 - Commonwealth Brewing; Oct 27 - Young Veterans Brewing
1608 Crafthouse, 1608 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach
Hours: Mon-Thu 3 - 10 pm, Fri 3 pm - 12 am, Sat 10 am - 12 am, Sun 10 am - 7 pm
1608 Crafthouse is a contemporary, casual, “farm to table” restaurant featuring regional Southern cuisine with an emphasis placed on the bounty of the Mid-Atlantic region. 1608 Crafthouse, a chef driven concept, features sustainable, local products from the Chesapeake Bay/ Mid-Atlantic region.
To wet your whistle at 1608 we offer a variety of craft beers as well as hand-crafted elixirs. Just Tapped - Pleasure House Brewing Tricks Pumpkin Saison, Hardywood Park Bourbon CRU, Smartmouth Cowcatcher Stout, Two Fathers Pungo Red, Pleasure House Brewing Glo Belgian Blonde. Other Taps - O'Connor El Guapo Agave IPA, Smartmouth Alter Ego Saison, Young Veterans New Recruit Honey Blond, Hardywood Park Singel Belgian Blond Ale, Flying Dog Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout, Lickinghole Creek Magic Beaver Belgian style pale ale. See more at: http://1608crafthouse.com/beer-list/#sthash.Qd2hdjQ4.dpuf
The Bier Garden, 438 High St., Portsmouth
Hours: (Dining) Tue-Thu: 11 am - 9 pm, Fri-Sat: 11 am - 10 pm, Sun: 12-9 pm; (Bar) 7 days a week until 2 am
Family owned and operated by the Osfolk family since 1997, The Bier Garden is a German restaurant and bar, combining authentic Bavarian cuisine with a stellar European beer selection and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Whether you enjoy yourself in one of our two cozy indoor dining rooms, relax on our popular patio, or spend time with friends at the bar you are sure to feel at home. Come in and experience a bit of old world charm and gemutlichkeit with The Bier Garden family. http://www.biergarden.com/
23 Taps, and over 400 different Biers, carefully curated & artfully assembled since 1997. We Now Fill Growlers and Carry Over 50 Specialty Liqueurs.
Bier Garden Draft List: A'Chouffe Houblon Chouffe, Ayinger Celebrator, Ayinger Oktoberfest, Beavertown Quelle Saison, Black Sheep Monty Pythons Holy Grail Ale, Bosteels Karmeliet Tripel, Brewdog Hardcore IPA, Crispin Cider, DeDolle Oerbier, Erdinger Dinkelweisse, Hacker-Pschorr Munich Gold, Hardywood Toasted Coconut Vanilla Porter-Nitro, Hochzeitsbier Von 1810, Kostritzer Schwarzbier, Lindemans Framboise, Murphy’s Irish Stout-Nitro, Schneider Aventinus, Schneider Aventinus Cuvée Barrique, Schneider Aventinus Eisbock, St. Bernardus ABT 12, Van Steenberge Gulden Draak, Young’s Double Chocolate Stout, Wurzburger Julius Echter Hefeweizen
Sat, Oct 10 - Annual Portsmouth Bier Garden Oktoberfest, The Ambassador Club of Portsmouth, 12-9 pm
Wharf Hill Brewing Company, 25 Main Street, Smithfield
Hours: Mon-Thu 11:30 am - 11 pm, Fri 11:30 am - 1 am, Sat 11:30 am - Midnight, Sun 11:30 -10 pm, Kitchen closes at 10 pm Mon-Sat, and 9 pm Sun
WHBC is now a full-service restaurant, bar, and craft brewery that also offers an event space for special functions. We feature beers brewed by our Brewmaster, Greg Bullis. We brew beer, cook food, and keep you warm and dry.
On Tap: Wharf Hill Crossroads Outage IPA, Wharf Hill Isle of Wheat, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, Hofstetten Hochzeitsbier von 1810, Blue Mountain Classic Lager, Dogfish Head Namaste, Founders Breakfast Stout, Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Every Wed - Live Music, 7-10 pm.
Starting Sep 26 - Pumtoberfest Challenge: we are running through 15 draft beers-four Oktoberfest and eleven Pumpkin. If you drink a pint of each beer (and don’t lose your punch card), you will receive an orange shirt. That’s right. O-freakin’-range. All you need is dedication, a few dollars, and a liver. We’ve got the beer, punchcards, and the shirts. Punch cards are behind the bar. Great Pumpkiness awaits. Our first two beers, the 1810 Oktoberfest and Pumpkin Down from Ballast Point are already half-empty
Hampton Taphouse, Downtown, 17 E. Queen’s Way, Hampton
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00 am - 2:00 am, Sun 10:30 am - 2:00 am
The Taphouse, the “Acme of Beer Since 1984”. Long before the micro revolution, the Taphouse was serving up pint after pint of American and world craft brews. Our Hampton location has 37 constantly rotating draught selections and hundreds of bottles to choose from. Belgians are our prides, trappists, abbeys, and other merry monk quaffers will surely entertain. Our food, not pub grub, stands up to any kitchen, anywhere.
Just tapped: Center of the Universe Oktoberfest, Southern Tier Warlock, New Holland Ichabod, Dogfish Head Punkin, Legend Oktoberfest, Devils Backbone Pumpkin Hunter, Saint George Oktoberfest, Spaten Oktoberfest, Starr Hill Boxcar, and Hofbrau House Oktoberfest.
Sep 19 thru Oct 5 - Once again we celebrate the arrival of fall with beer and food and friends. Along with German dishes we’ll have special beers from O'Connor, St. George, Legend, Center of the Universe, Devil’s Backbone, Starr Hill, Hofbrauhaus, Spaten, Bells, Southern Tier, Parkway, and New Holland. Check back here and Tap’s Facebook homepage for details on food specials and beer specifics!
Heavens Pizza & Taphouse, 308 Buckroe Ave., Hampton
Hours: Open Seven Days a week, Spring/Summer - Mom 5-10 pm, Tue-Thu 11:30 am-10 pm, Sat 11:30 am-12 am, Sun 11:30 am-10 pm
Our Pizza is made with LOVE. Hand tossed dough, homemade sauce and fresh toppings. When we can, we use organic produce and meats. The more LOCAL the better! WE even BUY our water. Our H2O is fluoride and sediment free!
Draft, Bottles & Cans, and Just Clap Yo’ Hands. Be it a local St. George, a Craft from Dogfish, or a Stone from the West Coast, you never know what brews we’ll get in next.
On Draft Now: Civil Life Brown, St. Lois, MO; Brewer’s Alley IPA, Frederick, MD; Saucony Kutztown Amber Lager, Kutztown, PA; Foothills Brewing People’s Porter, Winston-Salem, NC; Laughing Dog Brewing Devil Dog IPA, Ponderay, ID ; Stone Brewing Co. Ruinten Triple IPA, Escondido, CA.
Stop in for a pint and a handmade pizza!
Craft 60 Ale House, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News
Hours: Mon-Fri 4 pm - 2 am, Sat/Sun 11 am - 2 am
Our goal is to create a unique & memorable experience for our guests every time by providing top notch personalized service in a welcoming environment and hand crafting every dish. http://www.craft60.com/
Our 2015 Brewery Tour will be highlighting a different brewery each month through 2015.
Next stop on our Brewery Tour is Norfolk. Starting with O'Connor Brewing Co. & then Smartmouth Beer. Will be featuring 4 events for each brewery. Events include, Tap Invasion, Steal The Glass, Flight Nights, & Burger & Pint nights. Subscribe to our events page to stay up to date. It all starts with a O'Connor Brewing Tap Invasion on Sep 30. Then Flight Night on Oct 7, Steal the Pint Night on Oct 15.
Every Mon - Burger & Pint night. Enjoy discounts on all of our hand crafted burgers and pints until 9 pm.
Every Fri/Sat - Live Music
DoG Street Pub, Merchants’ Square, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg
Hours: Mon-Thu 11:00 am - 12:00 am, Fri-Sat 11:00 am - 1:00 am, Sun 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Williamsburg took the best of England and made it American. Chef David Everett continues the trend with his unique take on the British Gastropub. http://www.dogstreetpub.com/
On Tap: Alewerks/DoG Street Pub Collab Maizie’s ESB, Alewerks Tavern Ale, Alpine Duet IPA, Beavertown Quelle saison, Bell’s Lager pilsner, Birra Del Borgo ReAle Extra IPA, Cerveces De Dues Tocatta, Crispin Original cider, De Dolle Oerbier Belgian strong ale, DuClaw Devil’s Milk barleywine, Founders Oatmeal Stout (Nitro), Heritage Kings Mountain Scotch ale, Hofstetten Hochzeitsbier von 1810 lager, Lickinghole Creek Darjeeling Trappist Tripel, Lickinghole Creek Magic Beaver Belgian pale ale, Parkway Raven’s Roost Porter, Thornbridge Bite sour ale
Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three sliders & chips for $12 with an optional pairing flight.
Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 401A W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg
Hours: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Daily
Take DoG Street Pub home with you. Wide selection of Virginia, imported and domestic craft beers. cocktail mixers & supplies. Gourmet foods.
Grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or pick from our large selection of craft bottles and cans.
Beer on tap at HoT DoG: Smartmouth Notch 9, Hardywood Can’t Get Any Sleep, Devils Backbone O'fest, Schlafly Tasmanian IPA, Lickinghole Creek 3 Chopt Tripel, Ballast Point Wahoo, Goodwood Bourbon Barrel Stout
*Now available at the bottle shop - a flight of all 8 beers on tap for one price for your adventurous & indecisive imbibed
Berret’s Seafood and Taphouse Grill, 199 South Boundary Street, Williamsburg
Hours: 4 - 9:30 pm Daily (weather permitting)
The Taphouse Grill is our casual outdoor bar and grill that celebrates a more contemporary Virginia than our historic neighbors across Duke of Gloucester Street. The menu features seafood, chicken and beef, highlighting Virginia specialties such as oysters, crab, and fresh produce. Steamed whole Virginia blue crabs are available during the summer. The Taphouse has a full bar that includes a wine menu featuring unique selections that highlight award winning wines from across the state, and a beer menu with more local microbrews on tap than any other outdoor restaurant in the area. Live music is featured on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays all summer long! (weather permitting).
Every Thursday - Steal the Pint, 6-9 pm: Oct 8 - Starr Hill Brewing; Oct 15 - Flying Mouse Brewery; Oct 22 - Left Hand Brewing
Oceans & Ale, the Prime Outlets, 5601 Richmond Road, Williamsburg
Hours: Sun-Thu 11:30 am - 12:00 am, Fri/Sat 11:30 am - 2:00 am
Oceans & Ale is a classic seafood and steakhouse that prides itself on the highest food quality and guest service. We look to challenge the depths of flavor with seasonal menus and our combination of local and world renowned brews.
O&A carries 20 different draft beers on tap! We call 6 of these “The Rotating Taps” and they were designed to constantly evolve giving you the unique ability to try limited releases, seasonals & small batch brews! 253-2ALE for Reservations!
Rotating Taps: O'Connor Dry Irish Stout, Southern Tier Pumking, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Bold Rock Pear Cider, Hardywood Great Return IPA, Centennial IPA
Drink Happy - Be Safe
Follow the blogs at:
Labels: Beer Fest, Beer Festival, beer lovers, craft beer, craft brew, food trucks, hampton roads, live music, local beer, local brew pubs, local breweries, local music, Pint Nights, steal the glass, steal the pint, tap invasion, tap takeover, taphouse, taproom, virginia craft beer