PINT NIGHTS / TAP TAKEOVERS / KEG TAPPINGS: (Scroll down for Brew Festival listings)
Fri, Dec 30
- 12 Days of Christmas Day 6: Six City Dunkelweiss Release, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 12 - 11:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Day 6 - Parties of 6 or more get 20% off their tab. Sixteen Breweries located in Six Cities came together to create the Six City Dunkelweiss with grain donated by BSG Craft Brewing Supplies to show support for Aaron during his recovery. It’s been an amazing journey; dark and sweet, much like this delicious brew. The beer will be tapped in all sixteen taprooms on 12/30. Come taste the largest collaboration in the area! Wasserhund Brewing Company will be holding a celebration party with the keg getting tapped at noon and live music by Phillip Gibbs starting at 7pm. You can come by and celebrate with us or stop at any of the following local breweries to grab a taste of the community: Pleasure House, Big Ugly, Oozlefinch, Bull Island, Tradition, O'Connor, Coelacanth, Bold Mariner, Smartmouth, Young Veterans, Gordon Biersch, Commonwealth, Alewerks, Brass Cannon, Virginia Beer Company.
- Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, Young Veterans Brewing Company, Noon - 5:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Virginia Beach.
- Food Truck Friday, Green Flash Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm (open 12 - 10:00 pm), 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. Hashi Food Truck - Serving clean but not always lean, healthy yet flavor wealthy, humble, good enough to make ya mumble, alternative breakfast/lunch chow w/VA’s best bits!
- Charlotte Hour, Lynnhaven Pub, 5-8:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Join us out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer, and grab a ready brew.
- Growler Fill Night, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. 20% off Growler Fills!
- Liberty Call/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, Pleasure House Brewing, 12 - 11:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. We will open at noon on Fridays for Liberty Call–an early start to the weekend for our many friends in the armed forces!
- Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach.
- Firkin Friday, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. Every Friday, we tap a cask of ale from a local or regional Brewery. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!
- Food Truck Friday, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 5 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. Come out to the newest Microbrewery in Norfolk! Hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from a great local food truck.
- Food Truck Friday/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. TGIF! Looking for somewhere different to go on Friday night that is friendly, lively, and FUN! Well then come on down y'all to the OBC where every Friday night we have good times, lots of our delectable craft beers. Plus, 'Get Stuffed’ food truck will be slinging their tacos, wraps, burritos, and bowls from 3-10 pm!
- Food Truck Friday/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, Coelacanth Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Welcome Poor 'Boys Burgers’ with their house blend burgers with a twist. Come try one!
- Food Truck Friday/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. 'Red River Smokehouse’ will be out with their truck. Come Hungry, Come Thirsty! See you Friday
- Food Truck Friday, Benchtop Brewing Company, 5 - 10:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. We are back at it again this week. Come and get a taste of our juicy delicious DIPA while it lasts. We are open today 5-10 pm.
- Food Truck Friday, Benchtop Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. We are back at it again this week, and just tapped our fifth beer, which is our IPA. We are also doing flights now. We will be open a little early on Friday in the spirit of the holidays, and we’ll have 'Karnage Asada’ here with their Latin-Asian Smackdown.
- Food Truck Friday/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 4:30-9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Come start your weekend with tasty treats from 'Bite of Maine’ food truck.
- Special Friday Night Beer and Cheese Pairing Menu, The Birch, 3:00 pm - 2:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
- Friday Food Truck/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 11:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Kick off your weekend right with great beer, delicious food, and friends and family. 'Karnage Asada’ will be here with their Latin-Asian Smackdown. Come try some.
- Live Music/Food Truck Friday/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Come hang with one of our favorite food truck friends serving deliciousness, and jam to live music with Dave Crumpler & Richie Beard from 5 - 8:00 pm!
- Friday Night Flights/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, Tradition Brewing Company, 4 - 11:00 pm (Holiday Hours), 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News. Kick off your weekend right with discounts on flights of 4 and 6 samplings of our great local craft beer! And we’ll have 'Suck On This BBQ’ food truck dishing up great chow, starting at 4 pm.
- Free Beer Tasting, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5-8:00 pm, Williamsburg. Come by every Friday to try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans. See you at 5 pm!
- Food Truck Friday/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 9:30 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Did you know we create a one-off Brewmaster’s Pin for EVERY Friday, tapped around 3:30-ish? Did you know we tap a new brew EVERY Friday? Come welcome the weekend with 'Capt'n Crabby’ serving on the beer garden from 3-9 pm! Come on down and kick-off your weekend the right way!
- Food Truck Friday/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. See you at Alewerks for a Friday of fun and good food. Arrive early as we’ll have 'Foodatude..Food with Attitude’ Food Truck starting around Noon.
- Nathan Lienard Live/Release of Wasserhund Benefit Brew, Brass Cannon Brewing, 6 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Brass Cannon will host acoustic rock musician Nathan Lienard from 6 to 9 on Friday, the 30th. Dezzie Rae’s mobile grill will be here all day serving food stuffs Americana, and we will be pouring tasty beers all night. So come on out for an evening of fun and suds!
Sat, Dec 31
- New Year’s Eve, Reaver Beach Brewing Co., 12 - 6:00 pm, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. We will be closing at 6 pm to celebrate the new year.
- 12 Days of Christmas Day 7, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 12 - 11:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Starting on Dec 26, we will be celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with amazing Wasserhund deals! Day 7 - $7 t-shirts!
- New Year’s Eve, Grape & Gourmet, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. If you need wine or beer…we’re here…
- New Year’s Eve Pre-Game Party, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 12 - 10:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr, Virginia Beach. This Holiday, The Party’s at Mix it up!
- ½ Price Growler Grab, Pleasure House Brewing, 12 - 6:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. To help you celebrate the New Year, we’re extending our first/last hour prices for the whole afternoon. Fill your (or our) growlers with any of our ten non-nitro beers for half price, and ring in the New Year with great taste!
- Ring in the Brew Year 2017, 12:00 pm - 2:00 am, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. Ring in the Brew Year at Commonwealth with 4 one-time only cask beers and DJ Andhersin spinning the dance beats as you watch the New Year’s KEG DROP at midnight with a sparkling Fernweh toast!! Bite of Maine will there will the tasty lobstah and chowdah. Come crush this New Year’s with us!
- New Year’s Eve, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 12 - 8:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S., Chesapeake. We wish all of you the most wonderful holiday season with your families and friends!
- The Ugliest New Year’s Eve! Big Ugly Brewing Company, 9:00 pm - 12:30 am, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S., Chesapeake. New Year’s Eve will be Ugly again this year! Live DJ in the bus, food catered by Tap it Local, beers flowing. Tickets are $75, limited tickets available. Purchase yours in the taproom.
- New Year’s Eve Deals & Retail Hours, O'Connor Brewing Co., 12 - 8:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. “Is thy sweet Heart now grown so cold, that loving Breast of thine; That thou canst never once reflect On old long syne!” We will be open from noon to 8 pm today for regular retail, so come celebrate the last day of the year with us! We will be closing early for our New Year’s Eve “Bling Out the Brewery” bash, which starts at 9 pm. All to-go beer (including growler fills, 6-packs, cases & kegs) will have special pricing, so stock up for your New Year’s Eve party! All kegs must be ordered in advance, by Thursday (December 29th). Plus, 'Cast Iron BBQ’ will be serving up their mouth-watering BBQ and southern morsels from noon to 8 pm.
- Bling Out the Brewery: A Norfolk New Year’s Eve, O'Connor Brewing Co., 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Join O'Connor Brewing Co. and Prowess Creative Consulting as we Bling Out the Brewery for a historic NYE! Begin your evening at 9 pm with live music, heavy hors d'oeuvres, signature cocktails, and an exclusive NYE Brew, available one-night only. At 11:30 pm, get ready to ring in the New Year with a live ball drop and champagne toast. The party is not over when the clock strikes midnight! Continue the festivities with one of Virginia’s favorite DJs, New York based DJ FROXSTARR and dance the night away. Your $48 party pass includes: Admission to the party (doors open at 9 pm); Heavy Hors d'oeuvres throughout the evening; 2 Drink Tickets (includes signature cocktails, beer, exclusive brew, champagne); Party Favors; and more. Make an exclusive evening out of it. Be a real Norfolk OG with a private dinner pass (very limited number available on a first-come, first-served basis). Your $95 dinner pass includes: Multi-course, pre fixe private dinner beginning at 7pm (includes wine & beer); Private Performance at Dinner; Admission to the party; Heavy Hors d'oeuvres throughout the evening; 2 Additional Drink Tickets (good for signature cocktails, beer, exclusive brew, champagne); Party Favors; and more. Ages 21 & up. Tickets available on EventBrite.com. Think Tank Members receive a special Party Pass price - ask at the brewery for more details or watch for your email!
- New Year’s Eve, bottleBOX-Craft Beer to Go, 12 - 6:00 pm, 325 W 21st St, Norfolk. New Year’s Eve we’re open 12 to 6 pm.closed Sunday. Come in and fill up before the Big Night!
- New Year’s Eve, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Why start your New Year’s Eve anywhere else? We’ve got everything you need right here, especially cold, fresh craft beer!
- Closing Early New Year’s Eve, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12 - 5:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Come in and get your fills before the Big Night!
- New year’s Eve & Pizza, Benchtop Brewing Company, 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. Come check us out and try our freshly tapped IPA, while it lasts. We are also doing flights now. We’ll have pizzas to order from The Bakehouse at Chelsea until 8:30 pm.
- New Year’s Eve, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 12-7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Start ringing in the New Year Right with fresh local beer. Plus, 'Karnage Asada’ will be on-site all day with their spicy Latin-Asian Smackdown.
- The Birch’s 6th Anniversary and NYE Party, 8:00 pm - 1:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd., Norfolk. Our Anniversary Party and New Year’s Eve Event! One $40 Reservation Includes: 3 drink tickets; Ten Top Catered, Barbeque, Potato Salad, Collards, Pimento Cheese; Toast at Midnight; Commemorative Glass. Additional Drink Tickets will be $5. Special keg tappings for the event of course! And the dress is Black Tie encouraged, not required but we like to get fancy! Seating is limited! Reservation Price is $45 with Tax and Excludes Gratuity. You can purchase tickets at The Birch or on our online shop! http://thebirchbar.com/store
- New Year’s Eve on the Block, Downtown Hampton Block Party, 9:00 pm - 12:30 am, E. Queens Way and Wine Street, Downtown Hampton. The Block Party is continuing its new tradition. At Midnight, for the 3rd year, we will be dropping a lit, over-sized crab pot from the top of the Old Point National Bank headquarters. We will have entertainment, food and your favorite adult beverages. Details will be added…..as they develop! Downtown Hampton has over 8 restaurants and bars open, most with no cover during this New Year’s Eve celebration. Stay one block away at the Crowne Plaza Marina Hotel with special rates for New Year’s Eve. https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/hampton/orfhv/hoteldetail tel:1-757-7279700 Free for all Ages. Food and Beverages for Purchase.
- New Year’s Eve at Oozlefinch…Share This Event!, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1:00 pm - 1:00 am, 81 Patch Rd, Fort Monroe, Hampton. Come ring in the New Year with us! We will have live music from Jonny Cardigan from 8-12, and awesome food from The Grilled Cheese Academy - It’s All About The Cheese and Potheads Mobile Catering & Eatery all day! 2016 was awesome because we finally got to open our doors to you, so we can’t wait to celebrate 2017 with you and all the great things to come with it. Cheers!
- 90’s Party-New Year’s Eve, Tradition Brewing Company, 6;30 - 10:30 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Join us to pre-party this New Year’s Eve, LIVE with WOAH! Crucial Trio! Channel your inner Rachel from Friends, Fresh Prince of Bel Air or Saved By the Bell cast to win BEST 90’s group attire! We’ll have tasty treats from 'TasteSpuds’ Food Truck starting at 5 pm.
- Limited hours for New Year’s Eve, The Virginia Beer Company, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Stock up for the ball drop!
- New Year’s Eve, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Say goodbye to 2016 with us and give yourself a treat. We’ll have 'Poor Boys Burgers’ food truck to fill your belly from around Noon, and 10 draft options to help kick off the New Year.
- New Year’s Eve, Brass Cannon Brewing, 12:00 pm - 1:00 am, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. The tasting room will be open extra hours for New Years Eve. We will be pouring until 1 am, (or until we get too sleepy). Come celebrate the birth of 2017 with us!
- New year’s Eve Tap Takeover, Oceans & Ale, 9:00 pm - Close, Prime Outlets 5601-1 Richmond Rd., Williamsburg, Join us this New Year’s Eve for a great night of Live Music and Local Craft beer. We’ll kick off the night with Music from the 'Vinyl Headlights’, and we’ll have selection of craft beer from our very own Alewerks Brewing and the Virginia Beer Co.! Call 757-253-2ALE for reservations
Sun, Jan 1
- Closed on New Year’s Day, Reaver Beach Brewing Company.
- 12 Days of Christmas Day 8, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Starting on Dec 26, we will be celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with amazing Wasserhund deals! Day 8 - $1 off our Milk Stout (Haagen Dog Ice Cream Stout).
- New Year’s Day Closed, Big Ugly Brewing Company.
- Closed New year’s Day, Rip Rap Brewing.
- Closed for New Year’s Day, O'Connor Brewing Co. Hope you have a restful first day of the year! We’ll be back open for regular retail hours starting tomorrow.
- Closed New Year’s, bottleBOX-Craft Beer to Go.
- New Year’s Exception(andall) beers, ExceptionAle, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave, # 6, Norfolk. Every Sunday we have Exception(andall) beers. We’ll offer up extra flavors infused into already great beers issuing out Dogfish Randall.
- Brewery Closed New Year’s Day, Coelacanth Brewing Company.
- Welcome 2017/Sunday Salute Specials, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Come in and celebrate the New Year!
- Happy Cheezy New Year’s, Benchtop Brewing Company, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. Celebrate the New Year with Brand New Beer! Check out our freshly tapped IPA, and we’ll have 'The Grilled Cheese Academy - All About The Cheese’ food truck here to help purge any hangovers.
- New Year’s Smartmouth Sunday, Smartmouth Brewing Co., 1 - 5:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Our tasting room will be open from 1 - 5 pm serving up delicious craft beer in its many vessels and offering all the Smartmouth swag you can get your hands on. Plus 'Vicki Vail’s Food Truck’ specializing in gourmet burgers and made from scratch sides.
- New Year’s Day Waffletina Brunch at The Birch! 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, 1231 W Olney Rd., Norfolk. Waffletina will be taking over our kitchen and serving up some delicious waffle creations! They are bringing LOTs of waffles this time since you all have been so hungry!! Mikkeller Running Club Norfolk meets at 10 am for a 5k! The Birch will also be celebrating its 6th Anniversary! We opened on New Year’s Day January 1, 2011.
- New Year’s Sunday Football & Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have 'Poor Boys Burgers (Our mouths are already watering) on site to pair with our fresh Craft Beer, what could be better!?! Craft Burgers, Beer and Football!
- Closed on New Year’s Day, Tradition Brewing Company.
- Closed for New Year’s Day, The Virginia Beer Company. Good times & great beers ahead in 2017!
- New Year’s Live Music and Steal the Vessel Sundays, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 5:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Happy New year! Every Sunday is Steal the Vessel on American style growlers and grunts. We’ll have the 'Tony Bob Merritt’, 2-4 pm live in the taproom, with home cooked pretzels, good vibes, and beer to live for.
Mon, Jan 2
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge, Ghent. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- 12 Days of Christmas Day 9, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Starting on Dec 26, we will be celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with amazing Wasserhund deals! Day 9 - Ladies eat and drink for $9 meal combo (small pizza+beer=$9)!
- Steal the Pint Night, HK on the Bay, 6-8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd., Virginia Beach. Here at Hk on the Bay we have a Steal the Pint Night EVERY Monday! Stop by any Monday and get a free brewery pint glass with any Virginia craft beer purchase. It’s also 'All you can eat Wings night’, so Hang with us, eat some good food and drink some great beer.
- Monday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. We’ll have another great food truck joining us for dinner at the patio on Mon, January 2nd!
- Military Monday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. It’s Military Monday, so all of you who currently serve, or have served, come join us for a pint & let us treat you like the MVPs that you are! As a token of our gratitude for your service, we will be offering a special discount EVERY MONDAY to all active duty, retired, and veteran military members. (Please present valid proof of service to receive discount)
- Monday night Penny Pints, Supper-Southern Morsels, 5:00 pm, 319 W 21st St, Norfolk. Join us this month for Monday night Penny Pints another great Craft Brewery, as well as featuring exciting beer-centric additions from the kitchen!
- Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 5:45 - 6:45 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Monday at 5:45 pm for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food (Shrimp Night!) and conversation.
- Game Night at Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 7 - 9:00 pm, 25 Main St., Smithfield. Come one come all! Game Master Julian and Vanna Wharf (Connie) will lead us on a magical journey through the depths of trivia knowledge. Join us - show off your big brains, drink beer, eat food, and win prizes!
- Monday Night Football, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have delivery from Mama Rosa’s Italian Family Restaurant! Monday just got even better!
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night. Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
- Burger & Pint night, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Every Monday Burger & Pint night. Enjoy discounts on all of our hand crafted burgers and pints until 9 pm.
- Point 2 and Brew Pub Run, Point 2 Running Company & Whole Foods Newport News, 6:00 pm, 12080 Jefferson Ave, Ste. 910, Newport News. We’re partnering with Point 2 Running Company every Monday for a Point 2 & Brew Pub Run! The 3 mile runs will begin at Point 2 in The Marketplace at Tech Center and end with Happy Hour at Oyster Point Pub at Whole Foods Market Newport News. No registration required and runners of all levels are welcome. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- MugShot Mondays, Mellow Mushroom (Newport News, VA), 12090 Jefferson Ave.. Su. 1500, Newport News. MugShot Mondays all day Monday every week! Come by for one of the best drink specials on the peninsula!
- Steal the Glass, The Sandbar Grill and Pub, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm, 736 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News. Our weekly steal the pint night. $5 takes the pint with the glass and $5 fill ups til 9 pm.
- Dog Street Pub Running Club, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. A family & dog friendly casual running club in the Colonial area. We meet every Monday at DoG Street Pub. Run starts at 6 pm.
- VBC’s Treat Yo’ Self Day, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Thanksgiving, Festivus, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Eve…we love the holiday season, but we also know how hard our friends in the industry work throughout the year-end festivities! So we’re starting the year with an overflowing glass of thanks by opening on Monday, ½ from 12-9 pm and offering well-deserved discounts on all liquids from our taps for anyone in the beverage, bar, and food service industries. Show us a current pay stub and let us treat you to a cost-effective cold one so we can all toast to a 2016 well-served and a heckuva 2017 to come!
Tue, Jan 3
- 12 Days of Christmas Day 10, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Starting on Dec 26, we will be celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with amazing Wasserhund deals! Day 10 - $10 gift card with purchase of $50 or more
- Hello 2017 Copper Fox STG Night, TRIANGLE, 6 - 11:00 pm, 601 Prince George Street, Williamsburg. We’re back with whisky in 2017… Specifically speaking, an awesome collection of Copper Fox Distillery whiskeys! We’ll be pouring their flagship Wasmund’s Single Malt, Copper Fox Rye, as well as some of the small-batch whiskeys produced here locally at Copper Fox Distillery! Buy the whisky/cocktail, “steal” the glass! Trivia at 8 pm!
Wed, Jan 4
- 12 Days of Christmas Day 11, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Starting on Dec 26, we will be celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with amazing Wasserhund deals! Day 11 - Say; “B-11… BINGO” to your server and get 11% off your bill!
- Video Game Heaven presents OBC Trivia Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 6 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Every 1st Wednesday of the month, our friends at Video Game Heaven host OBC’s Trivia Night! Round up your team of smartypants friends & come on down for a night of craft beer, trivia, prizes & some friendly competition! 'Karnage Asada’ be here to satisfy all of your hunger pangs & there will be plenty of flagship and seasonal beers on tap! Trivia starts at 6 pm with a $1 cash buy-in. Limit of 10 people per team. Tasting Room hours are 3-9 pm with last call at 8:30 pm. See you there!
- Pint Night, Hair of the Dog Eatery, 6 - 10:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd., Ste. 210, Virginia beach. It’s Wednesday, and what is a better way to reward yourself for almost getting through the week you ask??? Pint Night, featuring some of the area’s best acoustic acts and great breweries! We say the best reward is an AMAZING happy hour combined with food, beverages and awesome smiling faces.
- Our First Trivia Night with Quizmaster Kyle, Bull Island Brewing Company, 6 - 9:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. We’re hosting our first of many Trivia Nights at the brewery with the one and only Quizmaster Kyle! We’ll be having Trivia Nights every Wednesday from now on! We’ll be offering a grand prize to the team who wins first place! So come out, and bring that competitive spirit! Make sure you come in to sign up early with your teams. Teams should be limited to 5 people per group, if you have more than 5 people in your team we ask that you break into separate groups. Let the games begin!
- Hardywood Steal The Glass, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. Join us for a night of great craft brews & delicious craft food. Featuring Hardywood Park GBS, BGBS, & Christmas Morning.
Thu, Jan 5
- Monthly Trivia Night & Tap It Thursday, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. Another fun night of trivia is on tap at Big Ugly. Grab your smartest friends, your growler and come test your wits. Will Boris The Spider defend his title as Troy Trivia Champs? Will Big Woodys finally win? Will Brewed Theology or Cheezpuffs make a comeback? Why is No Bueno running scared? Will another team claim the December title? Fresh food by 'Tap It Local’. Think, Laugh, Drink! See you all there!
Fri, Jan 6
- O'Connor Food Truck Challenge: 2016 Winner’s Round, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. O'Connor Brewing and the Street Food Revolutionaries bring you the final food truck challenge of 2016!!! Food Truck Challenge: The Winners Round! Food trucks will compete while you judge for the crowd favorite, so come hungry and come thirsty!
Sat, Jan 7
- Cafe Royale Annual Release, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. The annual release of Cafe Royale Bourbon Barrel aged Imperial Coffee Milk Stout.
Mon, Jan 9
- Beer Pairing dinner with Circa 1918 Kitchen & Bar New American Cuisine, 6 - 9:00 pm, 10367 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. We’re posting this early because it’s going to be fantastic. Pleasure House Brewing is proud to be pairing our beers with the delicious and innovative food of chef Chad Martin at Circa 1918 Kitchen. Save the date–more details to come!
Tue, Jan 10
- Deschutes Brewery Launch Party, The Public House, 5 - 10:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Join us for the Official Launch Party of Deschutes Brewery! We’ve teamed up with HR Growler for a Tuesday Tower Takeover to kick off 2017 with a bang! We’ll be proudly pouring their Fresh Squeeze IPA, Black Butte Porter, Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Red Chair NWPA, and Pacific Wonderland IPL. We look forward to seeing you and welcoming Deschutes Brewery to our area!
- The Birch’s 5th Annual 43 Hours of Dark, 5 - 11:00 pm, 1231 W Olney Rd., Norfolk. The “43 Hours of” is a festival concept created by The Birch to take place periodically throughout the year, each festival features its own theme. We are open 43 hours in a week, Tuesday through Saturday. The festival lasts the whole week. All 21 of our draft lines will be Dark Beers and Brews for the 43 Hours of Dark. We will also transform our available bottle list into the same theme.
Wed, Jan 11
- Wasserhund Brewing: TERRARIUMS, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Join Us For Terrarium Night…You can bring an old vase or keepsake that you would like to use. We will have some vases on hand for use as well.
Thu, Jan 12
- Pleasure House Brewing Art Night, 6;30 - 8:30 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Join us for Terrarium Night…you can bring an old case or keepsake that you would like to use. We will have some vases on hand for use as well.
- Out of the Box: Bennett Wales & The Relief, Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, 6 - 9:00 pm, 201 Market St., Virginia Beach. Make your New Year’s resolution to support local artists! The Sandler Center’s “Out of the Box” Emerging Artist Series takes place every Thursday thru March 2, 2017 in the Miller Studio. This great after work event is in collaboration with Paul Shugrue from 'Out of the Box’ on 89.5 WHRV. It’s the perfect setting to meet-up with co-workers and friends to enjoy a night of music, food, and drinks. Admission is free and kicks off right at 6 pm until 9 pm. Live Music begins at 7 pm. *Standing room only.
Sat, Jan 14
- Hardywood Gingerbread Stout Party, Tapped Gastropub, 8:00 pm, 550 Laskin Rd., Ste. 198, Virginia Beach. On Saturday January 14th, Tapped Gastropub will be having its 2nd Annual Hardywood Gingerbread Stout takeover event starting at 8 pm. This year we will be tapping: Regular Gingerbread Stout, Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread Stout, Christmas Morning Gingerbread Stout, Kentucky Christmas Morning Gingerbread Stout, AND we will be having a SURPRISE that no one else in Hampton Roads will have all season! There will be no growler fills allowed on any GBS. Last year ALL the Gingerbread and variants were gone in 90 mins, so make sure you don’t miss out this year.
UPCOMING BEER FESTS AND FESTIVAL FORECAST:
Sat, Jan 14 - Barrel Aged Blues, Dog Street Pub, 11:30 am - 4:00 pm, at the Winter Blues Jazz Festival, Merchants’ Square, 420 Prince George St., Williamsburg. This year, for the DoG Street Pub Firkin Fest we are excited to showcase 20 barrel-aged craft beers from 20 different breweries. There will be a wide selection of styles all with one common thread - barrel aging. Breweries may choose to showcase either a traditional style or experimental beer that they have barrel aged (sometimes with a little something extra special added in). Barrel Aged Blues will feature a tasting of rare and illustrious beers in a cozy heated tent between two stages featuring area blues greats, Jackie Scott and the Housewreckers and the Michael Clark Band. http://www.winterbluesjazzfest.com/
Sat/Sun, Jan 28/29 - 2017 Coastal Virginia Wine Fest, Virginia Beach Convention Center, Sat Noon - 7:00 pm / Sun Noon - 5:00 pm, 1000 19th St., Virginia Beach. Coastal Virginia Magazine is pleased to present the Coastal Virginia Wine Fest at the beautiful Virginia Beach Convention Center. This event is for 21+ only. Vendors include wineries, specialty foods, and arts and crafts. Enjoy a craft beer garden, grape stomp competition, live entertainment and much more. covawinefest.com
Mar TBA - Kiss My Cask Real Ale Festival, Back Bay Brewing
Sat, Mar 18 - 7th Year Anniversary/St. Patty’s Day Party, O'Connor Brewing Co.
Sat, Apr 22 - York River Beer Festival, Watermen’s Museum