- Hoppy Adventure Club, VA: How To Pack Your Pack, Green Flash Brewing Co. Virginia Beach, 6 - 7:00 pm, 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. Join us at the Virginia Beach Tasting Room as we welcoming the Backpacking Specialists from REI for the next “Hoppy Adventure Club” event. In this session, REI’s Backpacking Specialists will cover how to properly pack your gear into your backpack. We’ll show you how organize gear in your pack for day and overnight hikes for both efficiency and comfort. From weight distribution to organization techniques, let us help you learn to pack your pack! Demonstration class- please do not bring your pack. Each session will feature a different topic related to backpacking. Arrive early to buy a beer and save your seat. Class runs from 6-7 pm. Ages 21+.
- Trivia Night, Back Bay Brewing Company, 6:30 - 8:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. We are incredibly happy and proud to partner with “Geeks Who Drink” - They put on fantastic pub trivia starting at 7 pm. Truly an event not to miss! Every 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesday of each Month, downstairs in the Tasting Room.
- Half Price Wednesday, Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. Join us every Wednesday; any and every bottle of craft beer and wine is half off!
- Bingo Night, Bottlecraft Virginia Beach, 8:00 pm, 1560 Laskin Rd., suite 156,Virginia Beach. Join us for B.I.N.G.O night, now every Wednesday! Games start at 8 pm! Free to play & prizes will be awarded!
- Pint Night, Hair of the Dog Eatery, 6 - 10:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd., Ste. 210, Virginia beach. It’s Wednesday, and what is a better way to reward yourself for almost getting through the week you ask??? Pint Night, featuring some of the area’s best acoustic acts and great breweries! We say the best reward is an AMAZING happy hour combined with food, beverages and awesome smiling faces.
- Randal Wednesdays, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5 - 10:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. On Wednesdays we Randal! Each week we’ll run a featured beer through a selection of fruit, spices and other treats to create a one-of-a-kind draft!
- Trivia Night, Pleasure House Brewing, 7 - 9:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Team Trivia Night! Join us every Wednesday from 7-9 pm to test your general trivia knowledge. The winning team gets a $40 gift card!
- Hump Day Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. ‘Ferg’s Missing Ingredient’ will be on the patio, Wed, April 12th with their Southern Cooking and Seafood.
- Big Ugly Running Posse BURP Run, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 6:30 - 7:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. Do you like to run and drink beer? Are you looking for something to do on Wednesday evenings? Join the Big Ugly Running Posse for a 1, 3 or 5 mile run starting at Big Ugly Brewing. Brews and great conversation to follow! Walkers are welcome. Run at your own risk. Run will be on, rain or shine.
- Vinyl Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. If you like good music, good beer, and the sound of vintage vinyl, then come by and check us out every Wednesday, when we make this threesome happen. And feel free to bring in your own records to throw on our turntable, we’d love to see what you’ve got! We’ve got many draft options to choose from while enjoying the music.
- Free Tasting, bottleBOX-Craft Beer to Go, 5:30 - 8:00 pm, 325 W 21st St, Norfolk. Hey Norfolk! Looking to try some more great craft beers?!? Come say “Hi!”, sample some new brews, and discover a new favorite. This Wednesday we’ll be switching gears as we welcome Kathy from Saga Meadery out of Madison Heights, VA for our weekly tasting. She’ll be walking us through two of their meads: Sweet Orange Spice (based on ancient recipes from their founders’ Lithuanian heritage with a modern twist) and their recently released Sunburst Citrus (think fresh-squeezed lemon over crushed ice with honey drizzled over the top!).
- Growler Power Hours, ExceptionAle, 3 - 8:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave., # 6, Norfolk. Come in and get your mid-week growler fill fix and save. All size growlers filled from all 41 taps are discounted.
- Bull Island Steal the Pint Night, Brick Anchor Brew House, 6 - 11:00 pm, 241 Granby St., Norfolk. Mark your calendars, the Brick is partnering with Bull Island Brewing Company to bring you another great Steal the Pint Night! Join us for a night of good food, good company and great beer. Buy a specialty Bull Island Brewing Company beer for $5.50 and you get to keep the glass. Stay tuned for what beers we will have on tap.
- Party With Lagunitas, Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint Norfolk, 5 - 9:00 pm, 131 Granby Street Suite A, Norfolk. Celebrate making it half way through your work week! You deserve it! Come hang out Wednesday and party with us at Jack Browns as we welcome Lagunitas brews on draft. We will also be featuring a special burger to pair with your drink.
- Bingo with Old Bust Head, Colley Cantina, 5 - 10:00 pm, 1316 Colley Ave., Norfolk. “Pints and Prizes Bingo” Every Wednesday from 8-10pm at Colley Cantina! Join us this week with our friends from Old Bust Head. Beers are tapped at 5 pm, and a representative from the brewery will be hanging out with us during the event. Here’s your chance to try some new beer and win some sweet prizes right from the brewery! We will be featuring three of their beers!
- Pint Night, Hair of the Dog Eatery ODU, 6 - 10:00 pm, 4820 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk. Pint night at Hair of the Dog ODU every Wednesday! We say the best reward is an AMAZING happy hour combined with food, beverages and awesome smiling faces.
- Specials on Draught, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. Happy Hump Day! Come out and enjoy a brew or two, with specials on Draught every Wednesday.
- Pizza & Growlers, Benchtop Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. The Bakehouse at Chelsea delivering handmade wood-fired pizzas, and we’ll have growler specials. Come get some beet Kvass before it is gone tomorrow!
- Pete’s Pub Trivia, Smartmouth Beer, 6 - 8:00 pm (open 4:30 - 9:00 pm), 1309 Raleigh Avenue, Norfolk. Now every Wednesday! Let Pete challenge your knowledge of random facts and information. No charge. Starts promptly at 6 pm. Teams of 6 or less. Winners may choose either glassware or growler as prize. Plus tasty street food from 'Poor Boys Burgers’ food truck.
- Crafting a Cure, The Birch, 5 - 11:00 pm, 1231 W Olney Rd., Norfolk. Please support the Toocie Crew in the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis. A portion of the proceeds of every draft beer sold will be generously donated to help Cystic Fibrosis research, so CF can stand for “cure found”. Cystic fibrosis is a progressive, genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe over time. In people with CF, a defective gene causes a thick, buildup of mucus in the lungs, pancreas and other organs.
- Variety Hump Night aka Open Mic Night, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 7 - 10:00 pm, 25 Main St., Smithfield. All you brave, talented souls get on down here and show us your stuff. Need more info or have questions, email MC Bob at email@example.com
- Wednesday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have 'Potheads Mobile Catering & Eatery’ food truck here to pair with our great beers!
- Trivia Night Wednesdays, Bull Island Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. Weekday Happy Hour from 3-6 pm, followed by Wednesday Night Trivia with Quizmaster Kyle! Come in, and bring your friends! First place team gets a grand prize from the brewery!
- Trivia Night! (Every Wednesday), St. George Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Get your team together and come out for this week’s TRIVIA NIGHT! 1-6 people per team, with prizes ranging from 1st - 3rd place. Check Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the Food Truck. Come have some good beer, food & and fun!
- Weekly Group Run, Tradition Brewing Co., 6:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Burn and Brew tonight with Flat-Out Events & Point 2 Running Company! Join us at our group run at Tradition Brewing Co! We will meet there, run a 3-mile loop around City Center, and finish back at Tradition. Following the run, there will be a Food Truck at Tradition and, of course, beer! There will also be complimentary Nuun hydration at the end of the run. Meet in front of the tasting room at 6:00, all levels welcome.
- Trivia Night, Tradition Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Trivia Night-PIZZA, PINT, & A POLAROID! The 1st place team will be given the winner’s table right next to the bar the following week. Other trivia teams will know your team is the team to beat because our NEW Trivia Mascot #HalfLit will be sitting on the table signaling you were last week’s winner! The 1st place team will also be served a freshly delivered pizza from Azzurri Italian Restaurant with up to 2 toppings and one pint of Tradition Brewing Company beer for every team member (up to 6 pints). Finally, the 1st place team will also have a team photo taken and added to the Winner’s Board. And, we’ll have 'Sliders 757’ here, serving made to order hand fillers for you.
- Wyndridge Farm Pint Night, Mellow Mushroom (Newport News, VA), 5 - 10:00 pm, 12090 Jefferson Ave. Su. 1500, Newport News. Join us for Wyndridge Farm Brewing Steal the Pint night! We will have a variety of beers from the brewery and of course delicious pizzas to go with them.
- Legend Brewing Steal the Glass, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. Join us for a great night of Richmond craft brews & fresh handcrafted food featuring Legend Brewing Company.
- Craft Beer Night, The Sandbar Grill and Pub, 7 - 9:00 pm, 736 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News. From 7-9 pm each Wednesday we’ll be doing $3 pints(16oz) of any of our Craft Beers on Tap and $2 off any Craft Bottles or Cans.
- William & Mary Tribe Discount Night, The Virginia Beer Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Offering discounts on all liquid with a valid W&M ID. And, we’ll fire up the week with 'The Scottish Pig’ food truck out on the patio to help you get over the 'Hump’ with great food and great beer!
- Trivia Night in the Taproom, Alewerks Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Wednesday night means the Taproom is the place to be for this battle of the brains. Bring your friends (or your enemies) and prove just how smart you really are. Tin Tub food truck will be on site for extra nourishment. And everyone knows that craft beer makes you smarter. That’s just good science.
- 5K Family Run/Walk featuring O'Connor Brewing, Water Street Grille, 6:00 pm, 323 Water St., Yorktown. Come join the Water Street Grille Run Club every Wednesday at 6 pm for a 5k run/walk through historic Yorktown and return to Water Street Grille upon completion for great deals on O'Connor Brewing Brews and food specials from Chef Brian Hines and his culinary team.
Thu, Apr 13
- Thursday Food Truck, Green Flash Brewing Company, 5 - 8:00 pm (open 12 - 8:00 pm), 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. 'All about the Cheese’ food truck will be here serving up unmatched cheesy goodness!
- Virginia Craft Beer Night, Tapped Crafthouse, 2181 Upton Drive, Virginia Beach. Happy VA craft beer Thursday! $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers. Come get them while they last!
- Bingo and Vinyl Night, Back Bay Brewing Company, 7-10:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Chris will be calling the numbers and spinning the records each Thursday downstairs in the Tasting Room. We have a mix of our own house records to pull from and invite you to bring in your favorites to mix it up!
- Draft Beer Night, 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grill, 4 - 9:00 pm, VB Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach. Every Thursday we offer 50% off our rotating Drafts!
- Pint Night, Chicho’s More Than Pizza, 29th St., Virginia Beach. Each Thursday we switch out one of the taps with a new IPA or other craft beer. When you buy a pint of it you get the glass as a gift.
- Virginia Craft Beer Night, Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. Happy VA craft beer Thursday! $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers. Come get them while they last!
- Pizza & Pint Night, Baker’s Crust, Hilltop, Ghent, Greenbrier & Williamsburg. Every Thu from 5 - 9:00 pm. Originating in Naples, Italy, our Neapolitan pizzas mimic that of the traditional Neapolitan Pizza using only 00 flour, hand-stretched dough, house-made fresh mozzarella & Italian tomatoes. Our pizzas are brought to life in our oak wood-fired oven, creating pizzas with an added layer of texture and flavor. $6 Pizzas, PLUS a Special Happy Hour from 4-9 pm.
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Hilltop, 5 - 9:00 pm, 754 Hilltop North Shopping Ctr., Virginia Beach. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- Beer School, The Porch at Whole Foods Virginia Beach, 6:30-8:00 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join one of our beer experts on The Porch for a different topic each week. 21 years of age or older with valid ID, $6.50
- Free Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30-7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
- Connect4 Tournament, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 6 - 10:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Go 4 it! Connect Four! See you for our first tournament this Thursday! 100$ Cash Prize! Sign-ups at 6 pm; Games start at 6:30 pm!
- Day Early Weekend, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. 'Lucky Peach’ food truck will be joining us for dinner at the patio on Thu, April 13th, offering sweet potato ham biscuits, chicken salad sammies and more!
- Tap It Thursday, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. Join us for Thirsty Thursday! Tyler from Tap It Local will be chef-ing up a tasty sample menu, including burgers & crab cakes, so come thirsty and hungry!
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Pizza Norfolk, 5:00 pm to close, Wards Corner, 7550 Granby St., Norfolk. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- Growler Fill Thursday & Beers n Gyros Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Join us every Thursday for tasty drafts and discounts on all growler fills! Join us from 3-10 pm and pair one of our delicious, hand-made beers with a mouth-watering gyro from NY Souvlaki food truck! Cheers!
- T-shirt Thursday, Coelacanth Brewing Company, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Every Thursday is T-SHIRT THURSDAY where you save when you support local business. 1 - Wear a T-shirt from a locally-owned Norfolk business or any Hampton Roads Brewery & get 10% off. 2 - Wear a T-shirt from Coelacanth & get 15% off. 3 - Buy a T-shirt for 25% off.
- Brewery Of The Month featuring Virginia Beer Co., The Public House, 5 - 8:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Join us ALL MONTH long as we feature Williamsburg’s own, Virginia Beer Company. We will have some of their core brands including Free Verse, Saving Daylight, and Wrenish Rye throughout the month. Look out for special releases and giveaways all month long. Cheers to a month of great beers!
- Expedition Brew Release / Thirsty Thursday’s at Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. Our newest Expedition Brew goes on tap Thursday. Who’s looking forward to Thursday’s Brew? Well here’s your clue: “Passion Fruit”…might be a little hoppy too. There’s only one keg so don’t miss out. Plus, every Thursday and enjoy specials on Growler Fills, and we’ll have 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ here to satisfy your hunger.
- Double Beer Release, Benchtop Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. We are having our first ever double beer release. First, we are releasing Isoelectric Shift. This is our hoppy sour blonde hopped with Azacca and Vic Secret. The tartness and hop flavors play together nicely to make a very refreshing brew. Then, we are also releasing Essential Design V3. We pulled the Chinook hops out and double dry hopped this version with Mosaic lupulin powder. If you thought V2 was better than V1, look out. We will also have 'GastroHub’ here serving up delicious eats.
- Girls Poker Night, Smartmouth Beer, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Join us for Ladies-only Texas Hold 'Em Poker Night at Smartmouth Brewing Co. For first time players to experienced players. There is no fee to enter so the only prize is bragging rights (for legal purposes). Limited to the first 16 participants to sign up. 2 tables, 8 players per table. Plus, we’ll have 'Cubania’ food truck with their tasty Cuban style street food. Come show off your bluffing skills and have some fun over a few beers. 6:30 pm start time, please arrive by 6:15 pm to get signed in and receive your chips. Exact chip count based on # players. MUST SIGN UP AT THE FOLLOWING LINK TO PLAY: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054ea9a72da2f58-girls
- Cider Thursday, The Birch, 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. Come in for our Cider Thursday! All draft and bottle ciders are on Happy Hour until 9 pm. A special board is made to pair with the featured cider of the evening, and if you get a cheese or charcuterie plate you get an additional cheese free!
- Brewery of the Month Pint Night, Roger Brown’s Restaurant and Sports Bar, 4 - 7:00 pm, 316 High St., Portsmouth. Join us every Thursday in March at Roger Brown’s in Portsmouth, and steal a pint!!!
- Pint Nights at The Point, The Point at Phoebus - Spirits and Comfort Foods, 6:00 pm, 30 Mellen St E, # E, Hampton. Every Thursday, come enjoy a local craft brew and keep the pint for a penny. Join us for Point Pint Night and our featured brewery of the month. We’ll be pouring Free Verse IPA and Wrenish Rye Amber Ale, and the kitchen will be preparing a beautiful pairing to enjoy with these super brews.
- Trivia Night, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 7 - 9:00 pm (open at 1:00 pm), 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Trivia every Thursday night 7-9 pm hosted by Team Trivia VB! Put on your smarty pants and head on over. Plus, 'Capt'n Crabby’ food truck will be here to fill your bellies. Cheers!
- Thirsty Thursday, Bull Island Brewing Company, 3 - 6:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. We’ll tap a Thirsty Thursday Beer of the Day! Plus, Weekday Happy Hour from 3-6 pm. Enjoy special pricing on pints to start your night Happy.
- Thursday Night at St. George (BrewTunes), The St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. It’s a microbrew extravaganza. Join us for an evening of fun, Jazz fusion, blues, and whatever else happens at with The Jason Cale Trio Live: Jason Cale on guitar and vox, Kenny Maurais on bass, and Randy Hagin on Drums, from 6 - 8 pm! Experienced musicians are more than welcome to sit in. Plus, we will have 'Tin Tub’ Food Truck here starting at 5 pm.
- College Night with College Tunes, Tradition Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Flash your current college ID & enjoy pint promos open 'til close! Must have a valid ID and 21+ college. Plus our College Night Pint Promo now has college bands, tonight 'Felicia Hoyos’ from 5:30 - 8:00 pm. And we’ll have 'VA Blue Crab Co.’ food truck starting at 4 pm.
- Art After Dark at Tradition Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Join us for ART AFTER DARK at Tradition Brewing Company. We’re celebrating 100 Years of NASA and PFAC’s newest exhibition SOARING - Works from the NASA Art Program. Meet the brewers and get to know them as artists and makers as they craft new beers and take you on a brewery tour. Other Artists and Makers will be on-site with demos and hands-on activities. Meet the PFAC education director and learn about kids programs for the spring and summer and enjoy a hands-on activity. Live music and food truck. Art After Dark is a free event!
- Slider Night, Dog Street Pub, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three unique sliders paired with three taste size beers ready to start your weekend early. Slider night tempts us, so get them while you can.
- Flight Night, Berret’s Taphouse Grill, 4:00 pm, 199 S Boundary St., Williamsburg. The Taphouse Grill is open for the season. Join us for live music Wed-Sun, starting in May (weather permitting). Thursdays are Beer, Wine and Cider Flight Nights.
- Fair Winds Tasting Event at The Wine Seller, The Wine Seller in Williamsburg, 4 - 7:00 pm, 4680-15 Monticello Avenue, Williamsburg. Join #tidewaterthom at The Wine Seller in Williamsburg for a tasting of Fair Winds Brewing Company Brews!
- Thursday Food Truck, The Virginia Beer Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Join us as 'FoodaTude..Food with Attitude’ food truck rolls in to get the weekend started early. Need we type more?
- Randall Night in the Taproom, Alewerks Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Every Thursday night we fire up the Randall, a nifty invention that allows us to infuse various flavors of fresh ingredients into the beer as it pours. We hook it right up to the tap, and with a little creativity, enhance your Alewerks tasting experience. Peppers, chocolate, limes, and mangoes have all been used in the past. What will we think of next?
- Trivia Night at Brass Cannon Brewing, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Think you know a bunch of stuff you don’t need to know? Brass Cannon Brewing is hosting trivia nights every Thursday. Hosted by our own Sarah Adams, our trivia nights cover a wide range from the boring current affairs to the weirdest bits of history and entertainment. Come show off how smart you think you are! 'Dezzie Rae’s Grill’ will be here slinging their delicious food for all the quizzers and we will be serving delightful brews as always!
Fri, Apr 14
- Food Truck Friday, Green Flash Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm (open 12 - 10:00 pm), 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. We’ll have 'Karnage Asada’ food truck here serving their Latin Asian Smackdown with tacos, burritos and bowls.
- Beer Release / Beer with the Brewer, Back Bay Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Follow us on Facebook and check our Beer Release Schedule (coming soon) to see which beer we’ll be introducing each Friday! Stop in anytime between 12-6 pm to chat up our Head Brewer, Travis Powell! This is a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have about craft beer, the brewing process, hops selection and more!
- Weekly Free Beer Tastings, Next Door Bottle Shop, 5 - 7:00 pm, 2238 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Join us for a free tasting. Come on by talk beer, and enjoy some tasting and some shopping!
- Growler Fill Night, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm - Midnight, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. 20% off Growler Fills!
- Liberty Call, Pleasure House Brewing, 12 - 11:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. We will open at noon on Fridays for Liberty Call-an early start to the weekend for our many friends in the armed forces!
- Food Truck Friday, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3:00 pm - Midnight, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. We welcome 'Bro’s Fish Tacos’ food truck to the patio Fri, April 14th, with their wild caught fish, fresh local produce and organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Live music with The Acoustic Legend, Big Ugly Brewing, 6:30 - 9:30 pm, Suite 104, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S, Chesapeake. Friday night is even better with live music! Join us as we welcome back Chris, The Acoustic Legend on Friday, April 14.
- Food Truck Friday, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 4 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. Start your weekend here in Norfolk and hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from a great local food truck.
- Beer Release, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Discovery Scotch Ale is inspired by the traditions that settlers brought with them to the new world. Sweet malt characters and the traditional use of smoked malts bring a nice balance to this brew. The Virginia Vintage Series features as many Virginia raw materials as possible in each beer. Our malt and grains come from Copper Fox Distillery in Sperryville, and adjuncts from local farmers. These beers are higher in alcohol content, with the ability to age and store for a more complex character at maturation. See for yourself why DRAFT Magazine rated this beauty a 97/100 (http://draftmag.com/reviews/detail/4111). Plus, Get Stuffed will be slinging their tacos, wraps, burritos, and bowls from 3-10 pm!
- Veteran’s Open Mic Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 8 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Join us from 8-10 p.m. as we host an open mic night benefitting A.S.A.P. (Armed Services Arts Partnership). This will be a donation-based admission, so come out for a good cause!
- Firkin Friday, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. Every Friday, we tap a cask of ale from one of our local craft breweries. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!
- Food Truck Friday, Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. We’ll have 'GastroHub’ food truck in the beer garden to pair their great treats with our tasty brews.
- Food Truck Friday, Benchtop Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. We are back at it again this week, with Pints, Flights and Growler Fills. We’ll have 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ food truck here to pair with our beers.
- Food Truck Friday, Smartmouth Beer, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Come start your weekend with tasty treats from 'Food Gangsters’ food truck!
- Special Friday Night Beer and Cheese Pairing Menu, The Birch, 3:00 pm - 2:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
- Live Music / Food Truck Friday, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 11:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Come hang out with us to start your weekend. Join us for the return of 'Donnie Kepley - Music & Art’. If you missed his first appearance you want to make sure you don’t miss this one. There is no better way to kick back, relax, and enjoy some brews on a Friday evening after a long work week! Plus, we’re excited to have 'Karnage Asada’ food truck here to pair with our delicious brews!
- Firkin Friday, Bull Island Brewing Company, 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. We’re going to have a special blend of our brew on tap to tempt your palate this Friday for Firkin Friday! It’s so good; don’t miss out on this spin on our beer! We’ll be serving it until it runs out starting Friday morning! Plus we have Happy Hour from 3-6 pm.
- Kickin’ Off the Weekend (Friday Night), The St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Every Friday night we’ve got a great band and food truck along with our amazing craft beer to help you close your crazy week! This Friday night experience delicious food with 'Sofrito’ the Rockin Rican food truck, and excellent music performed by Micah Foxx.
- Live Music / Friday Night Flights, Tradition Brewing Company, 4:00 - 11:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Live Music by Grant Austin Taylor starting at 6:30 pm. 'Two Drummers Offbeat Eats’ is the food truck for the evening. And as always we’ll help you kick off your weekend right with discounts on flights of 4 and 6 samplings of our great local craft beer!
- Free Beer Tasting, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5-8:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg. Come by every Friday to try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans. This week we feature with Young Veterans Brewing Company. See you at 5 pm!
- Friday Night Live, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 9:30 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Did you know we create a one-off Brewmaster’s Pin for EVERY Friday? Did you know we tap a new brew EVERY Friday? Welcome the weekend with 'Creekside Catering Co.’ food truck in the bier garden from 4 pm, and a new Brewmaster’s Pin ((Saving Daylight w/ Tangerines) tapped around 3-ish, and Live music with the 'Indigo Boys’ from 6-9 pm! Come on down and kick-off your weekend the right way!
- Cask Tapping in the Taproom, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Every Friday night we tap a new cask in the Taproom. Each cask beer is a unique creation, giving our brewers a chance to enhance the flavors, as well as add new ones never before tried. Cask ale or cask-conditioned beer is unfiltered and unpasteurized beer which is conditioned (including secondary fermentation) and served from a cask without additional nitrogen or carbon dioxide pressure. Many consider it the best way to drink a beer. Come celebrate the end of the work week with great beer in the Alewerks Taproom.
- Live Music, Brass Cannon Brewing, 6 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Performing a mix of original and select cover songs infused with 1980’s college indie rock and roots rock Americana, Jack Waddell will be here to play for us all. 'Hungry Hungry Arrow’ will be here serving delicious food and we’ll be serving delicious brews! Come on out!
Sat, Apr 15
- YVBC Dual Beer Release: The Objector & Tower Buzz, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 12 - 11:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Ste. 104, Virginia Beach. THE PUCKER FACTORY! Happy to announce the Two NEW additions to the Series of Sour Ales! If you enjoyed Private Plum & MOPP4, you are in for another treat. With a series so limited, can you collect them all? We are looking forward to seeing everyone out! BOTTLES & DRAFT - Be sure to join us on April 15th for our Dual Release: The Objector - Sour IPA with Hibiscus. Tower Buzz - Passion Fruit Sour Ale.
- Saturday Food Truck, Green Flash Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. 'Capt'n Crabby’ food truck will be here with their Maryland style seafood and crab cake sandwhiches.
- Bend & Brew, Back Bay Brewing, 10 - 11:00 am, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Join us for a Bend and Brew event featuring Real Flexi’s Studio Partner, Zen Hot Yoga! Zen Hot Yoga is a favorite amongst locals and all of their instructors teach with a focus on healing, strength, flexibility, patience, and growth. The class is $15 for all non-Real Flexi members and Free to Real Flexi Members. Tickets include the class and a beer, provided by Back Bay Brewing! All levels welcome! Be sure to bring you mat and water! Click here to enroll: https://realflexi.frontdeskhq.com/e/52080212
- LADIES NIGHT!!! Back Bay Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm (open 12:00 pm - Midnight), 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Saturday Night is LADIES NIGHT! Huge discounts for ladies from 6-8 pm!
- 2ND ANNUAL BEACH PARTY, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 12:00 pm - Midnight, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. We are filling the inside of Mix It Up with thousands of pounds of sand… AGAIN! Beach balls, beach chairs, leis, bare toes and all! Plus, 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ food truck out back to fill your hands and bellies with tasty goodness.
- Saturday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 12:00 pm - Midnight, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. We’ll have 'Seoul 757 Tacos’ food truck on the patio Saturday, Apr 15th, with their Korean tacos, BBQ, and burritos.
- Alewerks Beer Tasting, Kroger Hilltop, 4 - 6:00 pm, 1800 Republic Rd., Virginia Beach. Join Alewerks Brewing Company for a tasting at Kroger in Virginia Beach. We’ll be on site pouring a variety of our brews for you to taste and purchase, and always love talking beer, so come by and see us.
- Saturday Food Truck, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 12 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. There’s nothing better than Saturday’s in Norfolk! Come hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from one of our local food trucks. Come out and have a beer!
- Free Tours, Food Trucks, & Fun, O'Connor Brewing Co., 12 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. On Saturdays we have free brewery tours each hour from 12-4 pm. There’s plenty of cornhole, shuffleboard and giant Jenga, and of course, fresh, tasty beers, all day and evening. Join us for a pint and live music by 'The Folly’, starting at 6:30 pm. The Folly’s dynamic sound is structured around a base of eclecticism. Plus, 'Capt'n Crabby’ food truck’s entirely hand-made menu items from 12-10 pm!
- Saturday Food Truck, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Please join us in welcoming 'Waffletina’ pop-up and their delicious creations!
- Bold Friday Fundraiser & Live Music at BMBC, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. We’ll be donating a portion from every beer sold to the Norfolk Police Union which organizes programs for disadvantaged children/teens in our community. Plus, we’ll have live music by 'Julz Gat’ and food by 'Lobsters2u & A Bite Of Maine’.
- Saturday Food truck, Benchtop Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. We are back at it again. Come and get a taste of our delicious beers paired with great food from ‘ Fajita Express’ from 12-10 pm.
- Grub & Tunes, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 12 - 7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue, Norfolk. Celebrate your Saturday with fresh local beer. 'Red River Smokehouse’ will be on-site all day with their slow smoked Que, and live music from 'Dan Pellegrino’ 4:30-6:30 pm. We’ll have Free Tours on the Hour from 2-6 pm, as well as discounted Growler Fills from 12-2 pm.
- Saturday Food Truck / Live Music, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 11:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have another night of Live Music at Oozlefinch with Brian Shultz, a Singer/song writer in Virginia Beach who specializes in both original music and a cover set featuring over 400 songs. Brian’s sets thrive on audience participation and interaction with a little banter thrown in to give the audience what they want. Plus good eats from 'Deutscher Imbiss’ Food Truck with their authentic German fare.
- Yoga on Tap, The St. George Brewing Company, 9:30 am, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Every Saturday morning we host 'Yoga on Tap’, a one hour Vinyasa flow yoga class, by Yaz Yoga.
- Sound Series Saturday, The St. George Brewing Company, 2 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Ready for a jammed packed Saturday? We have yummy food with 'Cubania’ food truck! Plus, excited to invite 'ZEN MOJO’ to perform here with us.
- Saturday Food Truck, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 9:30 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. 'Two Drummers Offbeat Eats’ brings Two Drummers Smokehouse from Toano to the beer garden for a full day of mobile bites, beers & cheers! Plus, FREE brewery tours at 3 & 4 pm! Call ahead or let your beer-tender know you’re interested in joining! First come, first toured!
- Soggy Dollar Release, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Join us in the Taproom for the release of something new from Alewerks. Soggy Dollar is a Belgian blonde ale brewed with pineapple, coconut, and nutmeg, inspired by a classic tropical drink said to have originated in the British Virgin Islands in the 1970s. This is a limited release, and will be available in bottles and on tap all day. Food and music (more details to follow) will help make this the place to be.
Sun, Apr 16
- Easter Growler Power Hours, Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 2 - 4:00 pm (open from 1 - 6:00 pm), 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. The weekend’s not over, from 2-4 pm we offer discounts on all growler and grenade fills.
- Open Easter Sunday, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 3 - 8:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Ste. 104, Virginia Beach.
- Sunday Food Truck, Green Flash Brewing Company, 12 - 8:00 pm, 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. 'Deutscher Imbiss’ Food Truck will be here with their authentic German fare.
- Closed for Easter Sunday, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach.
- Sunday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 11:00 am - 7:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. We’ll have 'Capt'n Crabby’ food truck out on the patio Sun, April 16th, with their variety of crab cakes, seasonal sides and other dishes and sandwiches.
- Tap It Local Pop Up Kitchen Easter, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 12 - 4:00 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S., Chesapeake. Our friends from Tap It Local will be grilling up some burgers, bbq, crab cakes and shrimp to go with that Big Bold Beer at Big Ugly Brewing on Sunday’s from Noon to 4 pm so come hungry and thirsty.
- EASTER Featured Food Truck Brunch / SIN, O'Connor Brewing Co., 12 - 7:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Come out and grab some of 'Rustic Roots Gourmet’s’ authentic BBQ with complex flavors and upscale flair PLUS enjoy a treat from 'The Chilly Mermaid’ from 12-7 pm! And of course it’s Service Industry Night, so if you work in a bar or restaurant, we’ve got an exclusive happy hour just for you!
- Easter Exception(andall) beers, Exception(ale), 12 - 6:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave, # 6, Norfolk. We have exception(andall) beers every Sunday. We’ll offer up extra flavors infused into already great beers issuing out Dogfish Randall.
- Closed for Easter, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 2409 Bowden’s Ferry Rd., Norfolk.
- Sunday Funday, Benchtop Brewing Company, 1 - 6:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. Come in for our Sunday Funday draft special, abbreviated holiday hours of 1-6 pm, and ‘ Food Gangsters’ here serving their delicious chow to match up with our fresh beers.
- Easter Run Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 10:30 - 11:30 am, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Sunday at 10:30 am for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food and conversation!
- Family Easter Egg Hunt, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 2 - 4:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Join us Easter Sunday for a fun filled family event. After you have gone to church and had your Easter brunch bring the family out for some good ole Easter fun. We will have Easter Eggs hidden in the green arear around the brewery for the young members of the family and for the older, but still young at heart, we will have hidden Easter Eggs throughout the brewery. Find the Eggs and see what you get! If a traditional Easter Dinner isn’t your cup of tea, 'Flame and Pie - Mobile Wood Fired Pizza’ is with us all day to help really make this a family fun filled day with something for everyone!
- EASTER BRUNCH at the Brewery, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 7:00 pm , 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Come for Easter brunch and stay for dinner with craft beer and Comfort food cravings met with 'Little Piggy’s Wurst Nightmare’ food truck at 401! Plus, Sunday Specials! With specials on cases of 12 oz. cans + 3-packs of 32 oz. Crowlers. Sunday Funday with us 'til 7 pm!
- Live Music and Steal the Vessel Sundays, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 5:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Sunday afternoons are a time to savor the moment. What better way to do so that with a beer in your hand? Come hang out and wind down your weekend the right way. Great beer from Alewerks. Great music from the 'Walkerton Brothers’, from 2-5 pm. Plus, every Sunday is Steal the Vessel on American style growlers and grunts. Sounds like you should be there.
Mon, Apr 17
- Quiz Night, Green Flash Brewing Company, 6 - 7:30 pm (open 12 - 8:00 pm), 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. Bring your smarts for Quiz Night at the brewery and you could win some great Green Flash prizes!
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge, Ghent. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Trivia Night, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Mondays are the new Fridays at Wasserhund! Come test your skills with Trivia every Monday, from 7-9 pm. Drink beer, eat pizza, and win some great prizes! Bring yourself or a team of your smartest friends. You can win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes!
- Steal the Pint/Wings Night, HK on the Bay, 6-8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd., Virginia Beach. Here at Hk on the Bay we have a Steal the Pint Night EVERY Monday! Grab a pint of craft beer from our Brewery of the Month and receive a FREE brewery pint glass! Plus, we have All You Can Eat Wings for $14. With wing sauces ranging from Hell to Wimpy to Honey BBQ, there is a sauce for everyone!
- Draft Mondays, Brixx Pizza - Greenbrier, 801 Eden Way N., Chesapeake. Don’t like Mondays? What if we tell you all drafts are just $3 on Mondays at Brixx?
- Military Monday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. It’s Military Monday, so all of you who currently serve, or have served, come join us for a pint & let us treat you like the MVPs that you are! As a token of our gratitude for your service, we will be offering a special discount EVERY MONDAY to all active duty, retired, and veteran military members. (Please present valid proof of service to receive discount)
- Monday night Penny Pints, Supper-Southern Morsels, 5:00 pm, 319 W 21st St, Norfolk. Join us Monday to kick off Penny Pint Night with this month’s featured brewery, as well as exciting beer-centric additions from the kitchen!
- Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 5:45 - 6:45 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Monday evening at 5:45 pm for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food and conversation!
- Mamma’s Monday Night, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have delivery from Mama Rosa’s Italian Family Restaurant! Monday just got even better!
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night. Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
- Point 2 Brew Pub Run, Point 2 Running Company & Whole Foods Newport News, 6:00 pm, 12080 Jefferson Ave, Ste. 910, Newport News. We’re partnering with Point 2 Running Company every Monday for a Point 2 & Brew Pub Run! The 3 mile runs will begin at Point 2 in The Marketplace at Tech Center and end with Happy Hour at Oyster Point Pub at Whole Foods Market Newport News. No registration required and runners of all levels are welcome. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- Burger & Pint night, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Every Monday Burger & Pint night. Enjoy discounts on all of our hand crafted burgers and pints until 9 pm.
- MugShot Mondays, Mellow Mushroom (Newport News, VA), 12090 Jefferson Ave., Su. 1500, Newport News. MugShot Mondays all day Monday every week! Come by for one of the best drink specials on the peninsula!
- Steal the Glass, The Sandbar Grill and Pub, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm, 736 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News. Our weekly steal the pint night. $5 takes the pint with the glass and $5 fill ups til 9 pm.
- Dog Street Pub Running Club, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. A family & dog friendly casual running club in the Colonial area. We meet every Monday at DoG Street Pub. Run starts at 6 pm.
- VBC’s Treat Yo’ Self Day, The Virginia Beer Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. The weekend’s over. Or is it? That’s right on Mondays we feature Industry Night Specials on pints for all food/beverage industry staff friends. Now bigger & better than ever as food trucks join the fray! 'Suck On This BBQ’ will be alongside to keep the good vibes alive for one more day!
- Monday Happy Hour, Alewerks Brewing Company, 4 - 7:00 pm, 89 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. We get it. Monday’s are tough. Nobody likes Mondays. So we’ve got a new reason for you to look forward to Monday night. Happy Hour in the Alewerks Taproom from 4-7 pm, each and every Monday, featuring specials on some of our most popular year-round offerings!
Tue, Apr 18
- YVBC Trivia Night, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Ste. 104, Virginia Beach. Join us at 6 pm! We will charge $2 entry fee that will then be applied to your first beer. We have a limited number of spots available so get in early, get your spot, drink beer and have some fun!
- Tap it Tuesday, Back Bay Brewing Company, 7 - 10:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Each Tuesday, we will introduce a New Real Ale Cask, brewed by our Head Brewmaster Travis Powell. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to learn which new beer we’ll be pouring for you this Tuesday!
- Trivia Tuesday, Home Republic, 7 - 9:00 pm, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach. What goes better with beer than a friendly competition for prizes? We are excited to have Trivia Tuesdays with Smartmouth Trivia and of course, food and drink specials!
- Trivia Night, Bottlecraft Virginia Beach, 6:30 - 10:00 pm, 1560 Laskin Rd., suite 156,Virginia Beach. Join us for Trivia Night & a Sipping Session. Sipping session starts at 6:30 pm, Games start at 8 pm! Free to play & prizes will be awarded!
- Taco Tuesday, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5 - 10:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. It’s Tuesday! Can you say 1$ Taco Night? Every Tuesday starting at 5 pm: 1$ dollar shrimp, chicken or beef tacos! Come hungry!
- Two-Fiddy Tuesday, Pleasure House Brewing, 3 - 10:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. It’s Tuesday. The weekend is a dim memory, and Friday is so far away it might as well be in China. Break up your week with a trip to the friendliest brewery in Virginia Beach. We can’t tell you here what the Two-Fiddy is all about, but we’re pretty sure you’ll like it!
- Tuesday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. 'Get Stuffed’ food truch will be on the patio, Wed, April 18th with their creative, organic, gourmet tacos, burritos and wraps.
- Wild Wolf Takeover Tap Takeover, Tap It Local-Chesapeake, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, 648 Grassfield Parkway Suite 12, Chesapeake. We welcome Wild Wolf Brewing Company from Nelson County, VA.
- Taco Tasty Tuesday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. 'Karnage Asada’ will be bringing the Latin-Asian smackdown every 3rd Tuesday of the month! Plus, come join us every Tuesday for special discounts on draught beer from 3-9 pm.
- Weekday Happy Hour, Bull Island Brewing Company, 3 - 6:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. Enjoy special pricing on pints to start your night Happy.
- Virginia Beer Night, Hampton Taphouse, 4 - 9:00 pm, Downtown, 17 E. Queen’s Way, Hampton. Tuesday Night is Virginia Beer Night at Hampton Taphouse! Support Local Brewing and enjoy Virginia draft beers at a special price from 4 until 9 pm.
- Thirsty Taco Tuesday, St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Tonight is Taco Tuesday! 'Stuft- Not Your Average Street Food’ with the best tacos and more! 'Sinful Treats’ providing the sweet treats everyone needs.
- Military Appreciation Night, Tradition Brewing Co., 4 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Show your military ID for a Pint Promo.
- Growler Power Hours, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 3 - 7:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg. Every Tuesday in January & February from 3-7 pm at Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop 15% off all growler fills. *discount does not apply to the growler vessel itself but to the delicious beer you fill it with!
- Williamsburg Distillery STG Night, TRIANGLE, 6 - 11:00 pm, 601 Prince George Street, Williamsburg. Fresh from the 2017 American Distilling Institute Conference Gold Medal victories, TRIANGLE is excited to be hosting Williamsburg Distillery for our 3rd Steal the Glass Event of April! Buy the spirit, “steal” the glass!
- Vinyl Night, Alewerks Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Every Tuesday we celebrate the history of music with a walk down memory lane. No digital streaming here. Just sweet analog vinyl albums spinning on the turntable all night long. We’ll play ours, but it’s even better if you bring some to add to the fun.
Wed, Apr 19
- GHENT YOUR GAME ON! Game Night with Video Game Heaven, O'Connor Brewing Co., 6 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Come play with us as we turn OBC into a BEERCADE! Whether you’re looking for a fun fix of retro video games from your childhood, or you’re a hardcore new-school kick-ass gamer, every third Wednesday at O'Connor is your night to GHENT YOUR GAME ON. Consoles include Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega, Genesis, Wii U, XBox One, and PS4. Games include Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and so many more! Leave your quarters, because it’s totally free to play. Kids aged 9 to 99 welcome. 'Redwood Smoke Shack’ will be out front to get your noms on. PLUS, since it’s Wednesday, DJ Ian Janes will be in the house playing new and old records. So come party with us!
- Alive Music, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 7 - 10:00 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Come on out and hang out at the pub while listening great local music. See you at the pub!
- Virginia Beer Co. Steal The Glass, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. Join us for a great night of craft brews & fresh handcrafted food featuring Williamsburg’s Virginia Beer Company.
Thu, Apr 20
- Starr Hill “Hop On Tour” Tap Takeover - JamBEERee Launch Party, Tapped Gastropub, 5 - 9:00 pm, 1550 Laskin Rd., Ste. 198, Virginia Beach. We will be helping Starr Hill advertise and launch their JamBEERee event being held at Starr Hill Brewery in May. This “Hop on Tour” event coincides with our Thursday special in which all Virginia craft beers are $3. There will NO growler fills and NO flights on Thursday night, if any kegs remain on Friday then growlers and flight samples will be available then. We will have 2 pairs of tickets to be raffling away to the event in May at Starr Hill: http://starrhill.com/events/ipa-jambeeree/ TAP LIST TO INCLUDE: Jomo Lager, Warehouse Pils, Sublime citrus wit, Double Bass double chocolate stout, Northern Lights IPA, Double Platinum imperial IPA, Hop Buzz coffee IPA, Whiter Shade white IPA, Debut # 12 Denali double IPA, Orange King of Hop imperial IPA, Mango Habanero King of Hop imperial IPA, Rye IPA. Hope to see everyone Thursday night.
- Science Pubs ODU, Tapped Gastropub, 6:30 - 7:30 pm, 1550 Laskin Rd., Ste. 198, Virginia Beach. “Brand Management: Why the Man of Steel Can’t Have Super Condoms.” Dr. Avi Santo, Director of the Institute for the Humanities at ODU, will discuss his work on superheroes and brand management in his talk “Why the Man of Steel Cannot Have His Own Super Condoms: Value Management in the Character Licensing Biz.” Science Pubs ODU is an opportunity for the community to engage with ODU researchers in an informal setting. Join us for a lively and engaging discussion; a curious mind is all that’s needed! The locations and topics change with each Pub. Doors open at 6 pm, and the talks begin at 6:30. RSVPs not required but encouraged. The first 20 participants to arrive receive a free beverage on us! https://fs25.formsite.com/researchdev/form81/index.html
- Thursdays at Bottlecraft with RST, Bottlecraft Virginia Beach, 7 - 9:00 pm, 1560 Laskin Rd., suite 156, Virginia Beach. Join us for Jazz Night at Bottlecraft Virginia Beach every first and third Thursday of the month. Discover which of their amazing craft beers pairs best with the delectable tunes of the Russell Scarborough Trio as Eldon Sully, Dave Huffstedler and Russell Scarborough transport you to a happy place.
- Big Ugly Tall Tales, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S, Chesapeake. The reading selection for the April edition of Big Ugly Tall Tales is “The Whip” by Karen Kondazian. Get your book, start reading, and join us to discuss the book and enjoy some good beers with a great group of people. Even if you have not been before come and check it out.
- Coelacanth Beer Dinner, Bodega on Granby, 7 - 9:00 pm, 442 Granby St., Norfolk. Announcing our Third Beer dinner with Bodega on Granby. Man, This one will be FAR OUT, with a groovy menu and sweet beers. Don’t be a bummer. Seating is Limited. More Details to follow!
- Juicy Thoughts DIPA Release, Benchtop Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. Everyone loved our beers Natural Juicy and Silly Thoughts. So we had a Juicy Thought. Why not combine the best parts of these two beers. This is a double IPA where we had dialed back the bitterness quite a bit from our typical DIPA’s and increased the juicy factor. This one is made with Citra and Simcoe Lupulin Powder and double dry hopped with said powder! We will also have our friends at 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ serving up some tasty eats!
- Smartcade // Retro Video Game Night, Smartmouth Beer, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Relive the glory days when video games had pixels and were played alongside other humans. Mall arcades may be long gone but their spirit lives on at Smartmouth. Choose from several stations including Nintendo, Genesis, Super Nintendo and N64 and a variety of games. Enjoy delicious Smartmouth brews and tasty pizza from The Bakehouse at Chelsea as you put your button-mashing skills to the test. Admission is free all you have to do is press start!
Fri, Apr 21
- Beer Release, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. You all loved this beer so much when we released it last year that this year we decided to can it! This tart, light-bodied, passion fruit-infused golden ale is a crisp, refreshing beer that’s great for quenching your thirst in the warm summer sun. The tropical aromas of passion fruit are accented by the tart crispness of this ale. Whether you’re at the beach, a music festival, or your local pub, this is the perfect ale for your summer fun! Available on draft and in 16oz cans.
- Naro-Minded: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Naro Cinema, 9:15 pm, 1507 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Naro-Minded brings you Milos Forman’s ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST, a comically sharp indictment of the Establishment urge to conform. Naro-Minded is a monthly collaboration between Naro Cinema and Naro Video, bringing much-loved classics back to the big screen. Sponsored by O'Connor Brewing Co., beer and wine will be available for purchase at the show, with all proceeds benefiting Naro Video.
- An Evening With St. Bernardus, The Bier Garden, 7:00 pm, 438 High St., Portsmouth. Come join us Friday April 21st at 7 pm for a four course beer and food pairing from St. Bernardus, with a special guest speaker. Arrive at 6 pm for an early reception. $80 per person. Appetizer course: St. Bernardus Triple paired with savory spinach and feta stuffed Portobello mushrooms. Salad course: St. Bernardus Whit paired with a tangy quinoa, beet and arugula salad. Entrée course: St. Bernardus Prior 8 paired with Czechoslovakian style meatloaf that is ground beef and pork, seasoned with fresh herbs, and served with bratkartofflen and steamed veggies. Dessert course: St. Bernardus ABT 12 paired with homemade ABT 12 ice cream, dark chocolate and Biscoff coffee biscuits.
- Kickin’ Off St. George Weekend, The St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Saint George’s Day is the feast day of Saint George as celebrated by various Christian Churches and by the several nations, kingdoms, countries, and cities of which Saint George is the patron saint. Saint George’s Day is celebrated on 23 April, the traditionally accepted date of the saint’s death. Celebrating with us is 'PC & J’ to rock the start of this great weekend! Also we have 'Bro’s Fish Tacos’ whipping up a special taco in honor of St. George. We also will be featuring our FULLER FLIGHT which is all 12 taps for $20.00. *This flight must be sold with the intent for two individuals and cannot be sold for individual consumption.
- Friday Rocks, Tradition Brewing Company, 6:30 - 10:30 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. 'Dirty Toys’ rocks tonight! Come out and play.
- Uncle Funk Live At The Virginia Beer Company, 6 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. 'Uncle Funk’ is debuting 2017 at the Virginia beer company from 6 to 9 pm! No cover!
- Live Music, Brass Cannon Brewing, 6 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Brass Cannon will host acoustic rock musician Nathan Lienard from 6 to 9 on Friday, the 21st. Nathan started playing guitar while attending Christopher Newport University. He started writing his own music shortly after and began sharing it with his friends and family. Nathan plays acoustic rock and cites Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Josh Ritter and Nick Drake as influences to his style. 'Poor Boys Burgers’ will be here all day serving food stuffs Americana, and we will be pouring tasty beers all night. So come on out for an evening of fun, food, music and suds!
Sat, Apr 22
- Pilates and Pints for Pups, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. The staff from CrossFit Reanimated will lead a Pilates class that will be followed by a tasting of the beers from Wasserhund Brewing Company. Registration of $20.00 includes the Pilates class and one beer … and $40.00 if you want to purchase the event t-shirt (design to be posted soon). All proceeds will be donated to Dogs on Deployment to support our military members/veterans and their pets. If the weather is good, we will have the class outside and you are welcome to bring your dogs. https://crossfitreanimated.sites.zenplanner.com/event.cfm?eventId=D8BB0BCA-D400-4DCE-8B9E-9DF0F23D7986
- StarFire Festival, O'Connor Brewing Co., 8:00 am - Midnight, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. TNT Entertainment & O'Connor Brewing Co. Present: STARFIRE FESTIVAL A celebration of MUSIC, ARTS, COMICS & VIDEO GAME culture. A FREE CHARITY EVENT. StarFire Festival was created to blend the classic American transformational music festival experience with a comic book and video game convention. Enjoy exciting and intelligent workshops, sample delicious local food trucks, explore engaging activities and more while putting the spotlight on the best music acts this region has to offer. Norfolk’s own psychedelic electronic rock act Galaxy Dynamite will be releasing their next studio album, as well as releasing the first issue of their graphic novel series titled 'StarFire’. Activities include: Yoga and Hoop / Flow workshops; Live painting and regional artist showcase / gallery; Video Game Tournaments (Cash Prize!!); L.A.R.P.ing hour (Live Action Role Playing); Cosplay Contest (Cash Prize!!); Magic: The Gathering Tournament (Cash Prize!!); Vinyl Record Swap; Local Comic Book Showcases / Galleries; Live Fire-Spinning Performances; Card / Board game area. Food Trucks include: Karnage Asada, Bro’s Fish Tacos, and The Chilly Mermaid! *This is an -ALL AGES- event!
- Beer Release, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Join us on Earth Day at Coelacanth as we release GRAND CRU, a Sparkling Belgian Blonde Ale that was aged in Oak Barrels for exactly 10 months. Strong Oak and mild Belgian-style esters join with a pleasant alcohol finish and bright acidity to create a beer with wine-like complexity. Available in limited quantities on Draft and in 750 ml bottles.
- Earth Day at CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 2 - 8:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Coelacanth Brewing is Hampton Roads First Green Brewery - and we are teaming up once again this year with Keep Virginia Beautiful & Virginia Green Travel Alliance to celebrate Earth Day. We will be donating 10% of Pints purchased on Earth Day to support the missions of these organizations: Keep Virginia Beautiful is leading Virginia’s efforts to promote litter prevention, recycling, and beautification projects statewide; Virginia Green Travel Alliance is leading efforts to support and promote green tourism statewide through the certification of festivals, events and tourism attractions…like breweries! So come out and join us - and help keep Virginia beautiful by doing what you already were going to do anyway.
- Beer Release, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Voted Best Saison in Virginia in 2016, 'Scurvy Dog’ hits the taps again on April 22nd. Live music 4-8 pm and Food Truck on Site.
- TDH Juicy Thoughts Cask Day, Benchtop Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. This real ale version of Juicy Thoughts has been triple dry hopped. We added Galaxy hops on top of the double dry hop we did with Citra and Simcoe Lupulin Powder. This will only be available for one day, so don’t miss out!! We will also have Redwood Smoke Shack here, so you know what to do. If you had plans, cancel them or make something up and get here.
- Earth Day Celebration, Smartmouth Beer, 12 - 7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Come celebrate Earth Day and beer’s intrinsic link to the earth. As you know, beer’s key ingredients water, malt and hops all come from the earth in their natural forms and we couldn’t be more grateful. The first 100 customers to arrive will receive a tree seedling (choice of Red Maple or White Dogwood). We will also have discounts on growler fills from 12-2 pm, and can cases all day. We will also have live music from Cole Stevens & Delta Daggers, 4:30-6:30 pm.
- Bottoms Up Yoga with Holly from Yaz Yoga, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Come detox with Holly of Yaz Yoga and then re-tox with some brews! This one hour class is for all levels of experience, and all you need to bring is your own mat. There are two ticket options for you: $25 for the class, a beer, and a t-shirt; or $15 for just the class and a beer. Feel free to message or call us at any time to reserve a spot or ask any questions. We will also have a Lularoe pop up with Lularoe Stacey Smithley at 1pm right after Yoga! The perfect time to get some new leggings for the next class. Be sure to invite your friends, family, that neighbor you always see wearing yoga pants, everyone is welcome! Bottoms up!
- St. George Weekend Yoga, The St. George Brewing Company, 9:30 - 10:30 am, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. In honor of St. George Weekend we will be offering a one-time $7 class with pint included for individuals over 21.
- St. George Weekend, The St. George Brewing Company, 12 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Saint George’s Day is the feast day of Saint George as celebrated by various Christian Churches and by the several nations, kingdoms, countries, and cities of which Saint George is the patron saint. Saint George’s Day is celebrated on 23 April, the traditionally accepted date of the saint’s death. Come with an all day event with live, music, food and you bet, award winning beer. Live Music line-up: Brandon Patrick Bower single man show at 2-4 pm; Master tour at 3 pm; Blackwater Jam performing from 5-7 pm. 'Taste of Brazil’ Authentic Brazilian Cuisine will be here at 4 pm to add that little extra spice in your life. We also will be featuring our FULLER FLIGHT which is all 12 taps! *This flight must be sold with the intent for two individuals and cannot be sold for individual consumption.
- Hold My Beer Adult Field Day, Tradition Brewing Company, 11:00 am - 5:30 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News. Relive the glory days of your youth with a grown-up twist and BEER! Relay races, an inflatable obstacle course - plus crazy games and some surprises throughout the day. Teams are competing for points, the team with the highest points will become the winners. pace is limited: 8 teams of 6 players (must be over 21 to participate). Cost to compete: $150.00 per team. Ages: 21 and up. Contact Jen Barnes or Alaina Meadows for more information or questions (757)592-9393. Want to participate but don’t want to play, volunteers are needed!
- Earth Day Yoga, The Virginia Beer Company, 10:30 - 11:30 am, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Bleevable Prana Yoga + The Virginia Beer Company are partnering to bring you an Earth friendly event with a portion of the proceeds benefitting Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Virginia Peninsula. Join us at 10:30 am for a 45-min Power Beats Yoga session set to rhythmic music. Cost: $15 (incl. class, donation, and your first pint!) Please bring your own mat. Space is limited so reserve your spot by emailing: TAPROOM@VIRGINIABEERCO.COM
- Oyster Stout Charity Beer Release, Brass Cannon Brewing, 12 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. We made a stout with oysters in it! Utilizing oysters donated by the Hayes Oyster Company, this beer has been brewed to raise funds for local river conservation. The oysters themselves lend little flavor to a full flavored beer like a stout, but they add a 'briny’ undertone that rounds out the flavor. We’ll be tapping this beer to coincide with Earth Day. A portion of proceeds from the sale of this beer will go to the James River Association. Herbie D. and Chris Grooves will be playing awesome blues music from 6 to 9. The owner of the Hayes Oyster Company will be on site chatting about oysters, and representatives of the James River Association will be here to talk about the good work they do for our rivers. Come in and enjoy a fun night for a good cause!
Sun, Apr 23
- Inaugural Bull & Oyster Roast, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 1 - 6:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Come out for Wasserhund’s Inaugural Bull & Oyster Roast! Our friends from 'Capt'n Crabby’ will have their truck in the lot roasting oysters along with pit beef, turkey & ham! If roasted is not your thing they’ll also have raw & fried oysters available along with oyster stew & various side dishes! All your Wasserhund favorites will be available for purchase as well! ALL YOU CAN EAT! All oyster shells will be donated to the Friends School’s Save Our Shells program! Tickets are $40 in advanced & $50 at the door!
- Sit, Sip and Stamp, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 12:30 - 3:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd, S, Chesapeake. Join our favorite Stampin Up demonstrator, Bobbie Yoakem, for another crafty Sunday afternoon. For $5, you will receive all materials and instruction to complete two projects. Two class times, 12:30 and 2 pm. Must rsvp to reserve your spot.
- Edward Johnson Salon presents Ghent Charity Hog Roast, 2 - 6:00 pm, 110 W. 20th Street, Norfolk. Proceeds to benefit Hope House Foundation. The wonderful ladies and gents from Malbon’s BBQ “The Flying Pig”, Malbon’s BBQ Catering Inc. will be onsite to provide you with the best in town succulent whole roasted hog, homemade baked beans, slaw, and potato salad! Delish! The always amazing, locals favorite Smartmouth Beer will be on tap and onsite to provide you with a range of refreshments to suit every taste! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ghent-charity-hog-roast-tickets-32956089551
- TAC BREW NIGHT, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 1 - 5:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Join Tidewater Aquatic Club for a fundraising event at Bold Mariner Brewing Company in Norfolk. The event will be Sunday, April 23rd from 1:00 - 5:00 pm and $1.00 from EVERY beer sold during this time will be donated to TAC! We hope to see you there!
- Full Strength CrossFit Workout April, Smartmouth Beer, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Join us for our latest CrossFit workout at Smartmouth Brewing Co. This will be an intense (and FUN) full body workout provided by Corey Coleman from CrossFit Little Creek. You can expect to perform everyday functional movements mixed in a new and challenging format. Perfect for people of all skill and fitness levels, we will perform variations of push-ups, lunges, and other body weight movements. The free hour-long class will be limited to 50 people and you must sign up at the link above. Immediately after the workout participants can refresh with a nice cold beer (market prices.) The classes are free, but donations are requested to benefit local waterways charities. You must sign up at the following link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C054EA9A72DA2F58-crossfit10
- Oms & Ale, Yoga & Beer w/Zenya Yoga, Tradition Brewing Company, 10:45 am - 12:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Tap into the fun and bliss of brewery yoga. Suitable for beginner and experienced students, this class will challenge your balance, strength and flexibility through guided poses and breathing techniques. Experience balance as you alleviate the physical tension and mental stress of the day. All levels welcome. Wear comfortable clothing you can move in and bring a mat and a friend! $15.00 for 75 class and 1 pint. http://traditionbrewing.com/event/ohms-ale-yoga-class-with-zenya-yoga-2/
Mon, Apr 24
- GOTR/ HOKA ONE ONE Pub Run, Point 2 Running Company & Whole Foods Newport News, 6:00 pm, 12080 Jefferson Ave, Ste. 910, Newport News. Join us for our special pub run, a Point 2 Priorities event with HOKA ONE ONE and Girls On the Run (GOTR). We will be collecting cash donations for our local GOTR community scholarship fund- see details: Raffle tickets for each $5 you donate (ex: $15 = 3 raffle tickets); Donate $20 and receive a 31 bag from GOTR ($75 value); At the $200 mark, Point 2 will provide swag to one of the GOTR teams; At $400 in donations, Point 2 will additionally provide 2 pairs of shoes to girls on the team; Raffle prizes include: HOKA shoes, Point 2 gift cards, race entries, and more! Help us reach our goals! Arrive early to talk with GOTR about getting involved, while demoing HOKA shoes including the Bondi 5, Clifton 3, and the all new Arahi. To see more information about GOTR click here: http://www.gotrshr.org/
Tue, Apr 25
- Beer Nerd Forum: The Monastic Tradition, Next Door bottle shop, 7 - 8:00 pm, 2238 W. Great Neck Rd., Virginia beach. Join us for our monthly Beer Nerd Forum as our own Charlotte Elia talks about traditional Trappist and Abbey ales and the stories behind the people and places responsible for these wonderful beers. We’ll do plenty of tasting too! You know Charlotte as Next Door’s manager, but she’s also something of a scholar of the earliest centuries of Christianity. She is published in the field and is also a frequent presenter at academic conferences and college seminars. This is legit, folks, and so is the beer! Tickets can be purchased online through the link above or at Next Door. The forum will be limited to 20 participants, so get your tickets early! All proceeds will support the Combat Wounded Coalition, home of Wounded Wear. You can read more about their work here: https://www.combatwoundedcoalition.org/ Prepare to have serious knowledge dropped and delicious beers poured. *You must be 21 or older to participate.* #NextDoorIsNotaLie
- Boards & Beer, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 6 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We heard you asking for another chance to create your own Oozlefinch art so we are bringing Starving Artist Studio back to help you make your own piece of Oozlefinch to take home. The class is instructor led and will be all but boring! We are giving you the opportunity to create the Oozlefinch Bird or the Oozlefinch Logo. The Oozlefinch is on a single 12X16 board $35. The Logo is on 14X16 Board $40. Reservations are a must, seating is extremely limited for this event! For reservations follow the link or use the Book It App. http://www.starartiststudio.com/oozlefinch-board-art-reservations
Wed, Apr 26
- 2nd Year Anniversary Party, The Barrel Room, 7:00 pm - midnight, 437 Granby St., Norfolk. Celebrating TWO years of wonderful guests, great beer, awesome musicians, good food, and amazing memories. Live music by Brian Sewell. Special Beer Selections for the evening.
Thu, Apr 27
- Flights and Bites, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Join Wasserhund and the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center as we present “Flights & Bites” with the Virginia Aquarium’s Sensible Seafood Program. Four courses of delicious tapas-style Sensible Seafood paired with Wasserhund beers.
- Belle Isle on the Rooftop, Supper - Southern Morsels, 5 - 11:00 pm, 319 W 21st St., Norfolk. Join us on the rooftop as we present Belle Isle Craft Spirits. We welcome everyone to come enjoy your favorite southern morsels along with these premium spirits.
Sat, May 13
- Water Balloon War, Tapped Crafthouse, 12:00 pm, 2181 Upton Drive Suite 400, Virginia Beach. War is hell. Wet, squishy hell, with beer and bikinis…well that actually sounds pleasant. Get your friends, think of a clever team name and bring your appetite for the first official Tapped! Sponsored water balloon fight. We’ll blow the first whistle at noon at which point teams race to the cache of water balloons and fire away until the last dry person is standing. Great deals on great food and fresh cold beer on a hot summer day. We’re also tapping a ton of Firkin kegs all at once! Including brews from Sierra Nevada, Tall Tales, Apocalypse, Chaos Mountain, Wyndridge Farm, Midnight Brewery, and Brass Cannon. *No entry fee, but we’re limiting the event to 300 players total, teams of 5 to 10; Ages 21 and up to play. See you there! http://tappedcrafthouse.com/
UPCOMING BEER FESTS AND FESTIVAL FORECAST:
Sat, Apr 22 - The 2nd Annual York River Beer Festival, presented by the Watermen’s Museum, 12 - 5:00 pm, 309 Water St., Yorktown. Featuring over 20 craft breweries at this historic location in Yorktown, Virginia, this scenic venue is like no other located on the York River, including beach access, museum tours, cannon fire kick-off and a large deck overlooking the river. Throughout the venue you will find live music, cornhole, arts and crafts, the best food trucks in Hampton roads and 40+ beers available from over 20 craft breweries. The cost of general admission is $30 early bird, $35 pre-sale and $40 day-of; designated driver tickets are available for $15 early bird, $20 pre-sale and $25 day-of. General Admission includes unlimited complimentary 4oz. samples, a tasting glass, and live music performances.
Sat, Apr 22 - Phoebus Spring Fling and Craft Beer Festival, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Mellen St., Phoebus, Hampton. Historic Phoebus will transform into a vibrant outdoor street festival featuring handmade arts and crafts, community exhibits, food trucks, live music and craft beer.
Sun, Apr 23 - Town Center Craft Beer Festival, Virginia Beach Town Center, 12 - 5:00 pm, Market St., Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach Town Center presents the best of craft beer. Sample different beers from throughout the nation. Maybe you will find a new favorite beer! It won’t be hard to find one you love because there will be over 50 different brews to try. Tickets bought in advance will be $25. Tickets bought at the door will be $30. Tickets include live entertainment and, of course, craft beer sampling. This Virginia Beach event is 5 hours packed with food, fun, and of course, BEER!
Sat, Apr 29 - Second Annual Belmont Spring Beer Fest, Featuring Veteran Owned Breweries, Belmont House of Smoke, 2117 Colonial Ave., Norfolk. 10 + Veteran Owned Breweries. 25+ Veteran Owned Brewed Taps Available. Proceeds Benefit The Navy Diver Foundation. Family Friendly Activities Sponsored by The Navy Diver Foundation. Tasting Tickets: $15 in advance/ $20 at the Door. Live Music: Anthony Rosano & The Conqueroos, & The Kings of Ukulele. Tickets available at: Belmont House of Smoke, Cogans Pizza, Cogans Pizza North, Colley Cantina, and through The Navy Diver Foundation. Learn more about The Navy Divers: http://www.navydiverfoundation.org/
Sun, Apr 30 - Williamsburg Craft Beer Festival, 12 - 5:00 pm, on the lawn across the street from the Williamsburg Community Building at 401 N Boundary Street, Williamsburg. Join us for the Fourth Annual Williamsburg Craft Beer Festival - a fun day of craft beer, great food and live music - Williamsburg’s Biggest Beer Benefit, all for a good cause! The beer festival will be completely tented so we will be pouring, rain or shine! Food trucks will be parked at the event. Outside coolers and large containers are NOT permitted. The event is hosted by YEP of Williamsburg and The Rotary Club of Williamsburg. Last year, you helped us raise more than $17,000 for local non-profits. We look forward to another great year this year. http://williamsburgbeerfest.com/
Sat, May 6 - 2nd Annual Revolutionary Beer Fest, Chesapeake City Park, 2 - 7:00 pm, 900 City Park Drive, Chesapeake. Benefiting the Great Bridge Battlefield & Waterways History Foundation. Enjoy unlimited free samples of over 30 beers, food available for purchase from your favorite local food trucks, and live entertainment. Tickets are limited; purchase yours today! Purchase a growlette, or bring your own from last year’s Revolutionary Beer Fest, and buy a fill of your favorite beer. Free pint cups will also be available with fill purchase (while supplies last). Please note that all containers must be empty before leaving the festival. No outside food or drink. Chairs and/or blankets are allowed and encouraged! 21 and Over ONLY - NO EXCEPTIONS, and please, NO PETS! Event Held Rain or Shine. No Refunds. https://revolutionarybeerfest2017.eventbrite.com/
Sat, May 6 - 2017 Coastal Virginia Beer Fest & Food Truck Rodeo, Hunt Club Farm, 12 - 5:00 pm, 2388 London Bridge Rd., Virginia Beach. Enjoy Craft Beer from Virginia Breweries, Wine Tastings in the Wine Garden, and Food Truck Cuisine! http://www.coastalvirginiamag.com/BeerFest/
Sat, May 6 - Chic’s Beach Festival 2017, Hk on the Bay, 1 - 10:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd., Virginia Beach. Chic’s Beach Festival is a one-day, outdoor music, craft beer & arts festival. There’ll be Live Music all day by: The Record Company, Anderson East, People’s Blues of Richmond, The Shifty South, Bennett Wales & The Relief. The Market Under The Oaks is proudly sponsored by Crafted Indie Arts and Craft Market! It is the perfect go-to for a shopping break. You’ll be sure to find something you like by handpicked vendors! We are excited to partner with Chic’s Beach’s own Commonwealth Brewing Company to create a Beer Garden under the beautiful oak trees. This will be your one stop shop for the best local brews, games and hangs! Full variety of beers (even some one beers you can’t get anywhere else), corn hole and games for you to kick back and relax all day long. We’ll be bringing a variety of food trucks to Chic’s Fest in an effort to provide you with a well-rounded experience. We want you to feel good about what food you’re eating to fuel yourself throughout the day. Visit hkonthebay.com/chicsbeachfestival for more details!
Sat, May 6 - Blues, Brews, and BBQ: A Festival on the River, Riverwalk Landing, 12 - 6:00 pm, Water Street, Historic Yorktown. Hosted by York Foundation for Public Education. The Blues, Brews, and BBQ festival on May 6. Great music, great food, great cause!
Sun, May 7 - The Mariners’ Craft Beer Festival, The Mariners’ Museum and Park, Noon - 5:00 pm, . Enjoy a selection of 50 craft beers from local, regional and national breweries. Listen to live music. Brewery representatives will be on-site to answer questions and offer several “Beer Talks” throughout the event. Food trucks will be on-site with food for purchase. Your ticket includes 20 four-ounce craft beer tastings, a souvenir tasting glass and day’s admission to tour The Mariners’ Museum! http://www.marinersmuseum.org/beerfest/
Sun, May 7 - Bluegrass, Beer & BBQ in the Berg, Muscarelle Museum of Art, 1 - 5:00 pm, 603 Jamestown Rd., Williamsburg. The Muscarelle Museum of Art invites you to the third annual Bluegrass, Beer and BBQ in the 'Burg. The event will feature five kinds of BBQ and over twenty-five sauces prepared on site by Craig Reeves of The Catering Company, and a selection of craft beer from The Virginia Beer Company. The event also features two of the area’s premier Bluegrass Bands. The Wampler Brothers Band brings you some contemporary Bluegrass and Americana like only they can do. Then The Chisman Creek Band will play your Bluegrass favorites featuring their wonderful harmonies. Take a break from finals and come have some fun.
Sat, May 14 - Common Grounds: A Collaborative Brewer’s Festival, 1 - 5:00 pm, Hosted by Commonwealth Brewing Company, Holiday Trav-L-Park, 1075 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come join the 757 breweries as they descend on The Holiday Trav-L-Park Campground on May 14th and see what your local craft breweries can do when they work together! This festival of the brewing brotherhood features a huge lineup of first time collaboration beers from your favorite 757 breweries as well as a few surprises from our RVA friends!! Tickets are $35 or $40 at the door and include entry into the festival, tasting glass, tastings of collaboration beers, and live reggae music from Strange Rootz! Get tix at https://www.squadup.com/events/common-grounds/
Fri, May 19 - Suds & Buds Party 2017, Norfolk Botanical Garden, 6 - 10:00 pm, 6700 Azalea Garden Rd., Norfolk. This Friday after-work party is in Norfolk Botanical Garden’s rose garden. It is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Norfolk to benefit Norfolk Botanical Garden, the Rotary Club and Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing - Tidewater Chapter, which helps wounded veterans and military personnel. Your advance $45 ticket includes great food plus two local craft beers or wine. Musician Lewis McGehee will entertain. Details: (757) 441-5830 | sudsandbuds.org. Tickets: http://bit.ly/2jMzFol
Sat, May 20 - 2017 Pungo Wine Festival Benefiting Connect With A Wish, Back Bay Farms, 12 - 6:00 pm, 1833 Princess Anne Rd., Virginia Beach. The 6th Annual Pungo Wine Festival is May 20, 2017! Please join us at the beautiful Back Bay Farms for the 2017 Pungo Wine Festival benefiting Connect With a Wish presented by Rz Restaurants. Come out and enjoy a fun-filled day of wine tasting from some of your favorite Virginia wineries. Plus there will be live music by BJ Griffin and the Galaxy Groove AND Little Country, craft beer, food trucks and local artist and vendors. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. Wristband and tasting glass will be provided for guests ages 21 and over. Bring a blanket or chair, invite your friends and come enjoy a great day for a great cause. https://www.facebook.com/events/1249346195128744/
Sat/Sun, May 20/21 - 16th Annual Virginia Beer Festival 2017, Town Point Park, Sat 2 - 6:00 pm, Sun , 201 Waterside Dr., Downtown Norfolk Waterfront. The Mid-Atlantic’s largest and longest running beer festival celebrates its 16th year with a diverse selection of more than 150 local beers and ciders from regional and international breweries, local food, and live music. Experience the beautiful downtown Norfolk waterfront as Virginia’s explosive craft beer scene meets brews from around the world. $30 early bird tasting ticket*, prices go up to $35 May 1st; $40 day of, cash only details below; $75 Premium ticket*, featuring exclusive beer tasting, light food, and private restrooms; $20 General Admission ticket*, does not include tasting privileges nor souvenir glass. *Price before ticketing fees. Must be 21 or over to have tasting ticket. A valid ID must be presented upon entry. No refunds. Event will be held rain or shine. Tasting tickets provide access to Town Point Park, a souvenir tasting glass, and complimentary samples of more than 150 beers from around the world. Pitchers of beer and meals from a variety of food trucks and food vendors are also available for purchase during the event.
Thu, May 25 - 2017 Bacon Bash: A Bacon, Beer & Bourbon Affair, The Virginia Living Museum, 7 - 9:30 pm, 524 J Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News. Celebrating the love of bacon, The Rotary Club of City Center Newport News will host its signature charity event featuring local restaurants serving up their best bacon-inspired dish! Guests will sample each dish throughout the evening and will have the opportunity to cast a vote for the People’s Choice Award to be presented at the end of the evening. In addition, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages will be available throughout the evening. Each guest will also receive two complimentary tickets for the bourbon tasting station. Bourbon to be provided by the history family-owned A. Smith Bowman Distillery. Proceeds from this charitable event will support The Rotary Foundation and a variety of local charities. Tickets are $50 each. http://baconbash.org/
Thu, Jun 8 - Brew at the Zoo and Vino Too, The Virginia Zoo, 6 - 9:00 pm, 3500 Granby St., Norfolk. The Brew at the Zoo is a magical beer tasting event located at the Virginia Zoo! There will be beer from O’Connor, Young Veterans, St. George, Smartmouth, Commonwealth, Bold Mariner, Devils Backbone and Back Bay Brewing for your tasting pleasure! Music by Cultivated Mind and a variety of vendors and food trucks! Don’t miss this wonderful experience and event! Tickets are only $40 at Brown Paper Tickets! Brought to you by Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads ( http://www.culturalli.org/ ) and Local Cheers ( www.localcheers.com ). http://m.bpt.me/event/2916294www.localcheers.com ). http://m.bpt.me/event/2916294