- Trivia Night, Back Bay Brewing Company, 6:30 - 8:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. We are incredibly happy and proud to partner with “Geeks Who Drink” - They put on fantastic pub trivia starting at 7 pm. Truly an event not to miss! Every 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesday of each Month, downstairs in the Tasting Room.
- Half Price Wednesday, Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. Join us every Wednesday; any and every bottle of craft beer and wine is half off!
- Bingo Night, Bottlecraft Virginia Beach, 8:00 pm, 1560 Laskin Rd., suite 156,Virginia Beach. Join us for B.I.N.G.O night, now every Wednesday! Games start at 8 pm! Free to play & prizes will be awarded!
- Pint Night, Hair of the Dog Eatery, 6 - 10:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd., Ste. 210, Virginia beach. It’s Wednesday, and what is a better way to reward yourself for almost getting through the week you ask??? Pint Night, featuring some of the area’s best acoustic acts and great breweries! We say the best reward is an AMAZING happy hour combined with food, beverages and awesome smiling faces.
- John Carila Fundraiser, Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Virginia Beach, 6 - 9:00 pm, 4561 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach. Come help Gordon Biersch show some love to one of our most loyal Stein Members! We will be hosting a fundraiser in honor of John Carila, who’s recent cancer diagnosis has left him in and out of the hospital. We will have $1 beers from the wooden keg, live music, a 50/50 raffle, silent auction and more! PLEASE come show your support and let everyone know, #CANCERSUCKS!!!!!!!
- Alewerks Night at CP Shuckers, 7 - 9:00 pm, 3232 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. You’re invited to join us for Alewerks Night at CP Shuckers Shore Drive in Virginia Beach. We’ll be on site to chat, drink, and answer any questions you might have, so come on out and see us!
- Cheers for Charity, Mix it Up, 5 - 10:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. We want to do our part! Beginning this Wednesday, each week we will highlight a different charity and donate to them 20% of our sales! All you have to do to do your part is come out and drink beer! We will take all your suggestions for charities at firstname.lastname@example.org ! Cheers!
- Trivia Night, Pleasure House Brewing, 7 - 9:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Team Trivia Night! Join us every Wednesday from 7-9 pm to test your general trivia knowledge. The winning team gets a $40 gift card!
- Hump Day Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. ‘Ferg’s Missing Ingredient’ will be on the patio, Wed, May 24th, with their Southern Cooking and Seafood.
- Big Ugly Running Posse BURP Run, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 6:30 - 7:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. Do you like to run and drink beer? Are you looking for something to do on Wednesday evenings? Join the Big Ugly Running Posse for a 1, 3 or 5 mile run starting at Big Ugly Brewing. Brews and great conversation to follow! Walkers are welcome. Run at your own risk. Run will be on, rain or shine.
- Vinyl Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. If you like good music, good beer, and the sound of vintage vinyl, then come by and check us out every Wednesday, when we make this threesome happen. And feel free to bring in your own records to throw on our turntable, we’d love to see what you’ve got! We’ve got many draft options to choose from while enjoying the music.
- Free Tasting, bottleBOX-Craft Beer to Go, 5:30 - 8:00 pm, 325 W 21st St, Norfolk. Hey Norfolk! Looking to try some more great craft beers?!? This Wednesday join Jim from Monocacy Brewing Company out of Frederick, MD for our weekly tasting. In bottles, he’ll be pouring a store favorite: Brewtus, an Imperial Stout w/ Locally Roasted Coffee. On draft for growler & crowler fills, he’ll be sampling Gose of Althea from their Blank Slate Series, a Gose w/ Coriander & Hibiscus, as well as their latest new Double IPA release: Radiance, DIPA w/ Cascade, Chinook, Citra, and Mosaic Hops. Come say “Hi!”, sample some new brews, and discover a new favorite. See you Wednesday night!
- Growler Power Hours, ExceptionAle, 3 - 8:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave., # 6, Norfolk. Come in and get your mid-week growler fill fix and save. All size growlers filled from all 41 taps are discounted.
- TOTAL TAP TAKEOVER with Green Flash Brewery, Grain, 5 - 8:00 pm, 100 East Main Street, Norfolk. Drink UP with Green Flash Brewing Co. Virginia Beach! They are taking over our taps and we are so excited! We’ve put together a solid line-up including Green Flash Brewing Co. and their two sister beer companies Alpine Beer Company and Green Flash Cellar 3. ON TAP: Green Flash West Coast IPA, Green Flash Soul Style IPA, Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker, Green Flash Tangerine Soul Style, Green Flash Cosmic Ristretto, Green Flash Dia De Los Serranos, Green Flash Imperial IPA, Green Flash Le Freak, Green Flash Sea to Sea Lager, Green Flash GFB (Great F'ing Beer), Cellar 3 Divine Belgique, Green Flash Cellar 3 Divine Frumento , Cellar 3 Lustrous Frumento, Cellar 3 Ideal Belgique, Cellar 3 Vivid Sauvage, Alpine Duet, Alpine Hoppy Birthday, Alpine Mandarin Nectar, Alpine Willy Vanilly, Alpine Windows UP. More to Come!
- It’s National EMS Week, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Until Friday May 26th EMS get 20% off at the Brewery. ID required for discount!
- Bingo with Anderson Valley Brewing, Colley Cantina, 5 - 10:00 pm, 1316 Colley Ave., Norfolk. “Pints and Prizes Bingo” Every Wednesday from 8-10 pm at Colley Cantina! Join us this week with our friends from Anderson Valley Brewing Company of Boonville, CA. A representative from the brewery will be hanging out with us during the event. We’ll tap their beers starting at 5 pm, and Bingo starts at 8 pm. Here’s your chance to try some new beer and win some sweet prizes right from the brewery!
- Pint Night, Hair of the Dog Eatery ODU, 6 - 10:00 pm, 4820 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk. Pint night at Hair of the Dog ODU every Wednesday! We say the best reward is an AMAZING happy hour combined with food, beverages and awesome smiling faces.
- Specials on Draught, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. Happy Hump Day! Come out and enjoy a brew or two, with specials on Draught every Wednesday.
- Pizza & Growlers, Benchtop Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. The Bakehouse at Chelsea delivering handmade wood-fired pizzas, and we’ll have growler/crowler specials.
- Pete’s Pub Trivia, Smartmouth Beer, 6 - 8:00 pm (open 4:30 - 9:00 pm), 1309 Raleigh Avenue, Norfolk. Now every Wednesday! Let Pete challenge your knowledge of random facts and information. No charge. Starts promptly at 6 pm. Teams of 6 or less. Winners may choose either glassware or growler as prize. Plus tasty street food from 'Capt'n Crabby’ food truck.
- Beer Education, The Birch Bar, 5:00 pm - Midnight, Chelsea, 1231 W. Olney Rd., Norfolk. We feature special tappings of rare beer, we pour crazy bottles by the glass, and we even sometime incorporate food into it!
- Alive Music, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 7 - 10:00 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Come on out and hang out at the pub while listening great local music. See you at the pub!
- Wednesday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have 'Poor Boys Burgers’ here to pair with our great beers!
- Trivia Night Wednesdays, Bull Island Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. Every Wednesday night is Trivia Night with Quizmaster Kyle! We start Trivia at 7 pm! It’s free and it’s fun!
- Trivia Night! (Every Wednesday), St. George Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Get your team together and come out for this week’s TRIVIA NIGHT! 1-6 people per team, with prizes ranging from 1st - 3rd place. Check Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the Food Truck. Come have some good beer, food & and fun!
- Kick off the Summer Concert Series with “The Deloreans”, Port Warwick Summer Concert Series, 6 - 9:00 pm, 3100 William Styron Sq., Newport News. Join us for the kick off concert of the 2017 Port Warwick Summer Concert Series with The Deloreans! Dress to impress in your 80’s best! The concerts are FREE and all are welcome! Bring your own lawn chairs (no tents), blankets, food and drink - beer and wine allowed. It’s dinner time at the Summer Concerts! Enjoy a relaxing evening, listening to the live music and delighting in fantastic culinary menu items from the Port Warwick restaurant patios. Visit www.liveonthesquare.org/list-of-bands-and-dates for the entire season’s schedule.
- Fair Winds Steal The Pint, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. Join us for a night of fresh handcrafted food & award winning craft brews featuring Fair Winds Brewing Company.
- Craft Beer Night, The Sandbar Grill and Pub, 7 - 9:00 pm, 736 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News. From 7-9 pm each Wednesday we’ll be doing $3 pints(16oz) of any of our Craft Beers on Tap and $2 off any Craft Bottles or Cans.
- Weekly Group Run, Tradition Brewing Co., 6:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Burn and Brew tonight with Flat-Out Events & Point 2 Running Company! Join us at our group run at Tradition Brewing Co! We will meet there, run a 3-mile loop around City Center, and finish back at Tradition. Following the run, there will be a Food Truck at Tradition and, of course, beer! There will also be complimentary Nuun hydration at the end of the run. Meet in front of the tasting room at 6 pm, all levels welcome.
- Trivia Night, Tradition Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Trivia Night-PIZZA, PINT, & A POLAROID! The 1st place team will be given the winner’s table right next to the bar the following week. Other trivia teams will know your team is the team to beat because our NEW Trivia Mascot #HalfLit will be sitting on the table signaling you were last week’s winner! The 1st place team will also be served a freshly delivered pizza from Azzurri Italian Restaurant with up to 2 toppings and one pint of Tradition Brewing Company beer for every team member (up to 6 pints). Finally, the 1st place team will also have a team photo taken and added to the Winner’s Board. Plus we’ll have 'El Coqui’ food truck with their authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine made by a real island grown team.
- 2nd Annual VBC Beer Dinner, TRIANGLE, 6:45 - 8:30 pm, 601 Prince George Street, Williamsburg. In May of 2016, TRIANGLE hosted The Virginia Beer Company’s FIRST beer dinner. On May 24th of 2017, we’re gonna do it again. Subscribe to our Events for more details as they become available!
- William & Mary Tribe Discount Night / Beer Tapping, The Virginia Beer Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Offering discounts on all liquid with a valid W&M ID. We’ll be tapping a fresh batch of Free Verse India Pale Ale, and we’ll fire up the week with 'Karnage Asada’ food truck out on the patio, to help you get over the 'Hump’ with great food and great beer!
- Trivia Night in the Taproom, Alewerks Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Wednesday night means the Taproom is the place to be for this battle of the brains. Bring your friends (or your enemies) and prove just how smart you really are. Geeks Who Drink Pub Quizzes will be joining us, promising to bring an entertaining and thoroughly irreverant take on trivia. 'Two Drummers Offbeat Eats’ will be here all evening serving up delicious options to enhance your trivia experience.
- 5K Family Run/Walk featuring O'Connor Brewing, Water Street Grille, 6:00 pm, 323 Water St., Yorktown. Come join the Water Street Grille Run Club every Wednesday at 6 pm for a 5k run/walk through historic Yorktown and return to Water Street Grille upon completion for great deals on O'Connor Brewing Brews and food specials from Chef Brian Hines and his culinary team.
Thu, May 25
- Thursday Food Truck, Green Flash Brewing Company, 5 - 8:00 pm (open 12 - 8:00 pm), 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. 'Your Pie Pizza’ Food Truck will be here with their made to order pies. Bocce registration has begun for our Tuesday night Summer Bocce league. Register online at www.boccevb.com. Six week league with an end of season tournament, starting Jun 6th!
- Beer N’ Burger Night, Sage Kitchen, 6 - 8:00 pm, 1925 Fisher Arch, Virginia Beach. Local, humanely raised, super clean beef burgers from Pungo-Tuck Beef Co., uniquely topped 3 different ways and built by our scratch-made kitchen, served with your choice of 3 delicious locally brewed beers from Green Flash Brewing Co. The Pungo-Tuck and Green Flash gangs will be on hand with FREE swag and to answer any questions or just say hello! Come hang with us, enjoy amazing hyper-local grub, and actually chat with the people that make it all happen!
- Virginia Craft Beer Night, Tapped Crafthouse, 5 - 9:00 pm, 2181 Upton Drive, Virginia Beach. Happy VA craft beer Thursday! $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers. Come get them while they last!
- Bingo and Vinyl Night, Back Bay Brewing Company, 7-10:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Chris will be calling the numbers and spinning the records each Thursday downstairs in the Tasting Room. We have a mix of our own house records to pull from and invite you to bring in your favorites to mix it up!
- Pint Night, Chicho’s More Than Pizza, 29th St., Virginia Beach. Each Thursday we switch out one of the taps with a new IPA or other craft beer. When you buy a pint of it you get the glass as a gift.
- Virginia Craft Beer Night, Tapped Gastropub, 5 - 9:00 pm, 1550 Laskin Rd., Ste. 198, Virginia Beach. Happy VA craft beer Thursday! $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers. Come get them while they last!
- Pizza & Pint Night, Baker’s Crust, Hilltop, Ghent, Greenbrier & Williamsburg. Every Thu from 5 - 9:00 pm. Originating in Naples, Italy, our Neapolitan pizzas mimic that of the traditional Neapolitan Pizza using only 00 flour, hand-stretched dough, house-made fresh mozzarella & Italian tomatoes. Our pizzas are brought to life in our oak wood-fired oven, creating pizzas with an added layer of texture and flavor. $6 Pizzas, PLUS a Special Happy Hour from 4-9 pm.
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Hilltop, 5 - 9:00 pm, 754 Hilltop North Shopping Ctr., Virginia Beach. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- Beer School, The Porch at Whole Foods Virginia Beach, 6:30-8:00 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join one of our beer experts on The Porch for a different topic each week. 21 years of age or older with valid ID, $6.50
- Free Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30-7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
- Connect4 Tournament, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 6 - 10:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Go 4 it! Connect Four! See you for our first tournament this Thursday! 100$ Cash Prize! Sign-ups at 6 pm; Games start at 6:30 pm!
- Day Early Weekend, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. 'Lucky Peach’ food truck will be joining us for dinner at the patio on Thu, May 25th, offering sweet potato ham biscuits, chicken salad sammies and more!
- Ethan Sparrow Fundraising Event / Tap-It Thursday at Big Ugly Brewing, 5 - 8:00 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. Please join us for beer, food, and some awesome auction items, all benefiting the Sparrow family! Tap it Local will be serving dinner so come thirsty, and hungry. We will be posting auction items on this page. Please feel free to bid by putting the amount you’d like to bid in the comments. Please read their full story and visit their go fund me page here: gf.me/u/hggdu.
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Norfolk / Ward’s Corner, 5 - 9:00 pm, 7550 Granby St., Ste. 90, Norfolk. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- Thank You Thursday, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 4 - 10:00 pm, 116 E 25th St., Norfolk. 20% off for military, veterans, teachers and first responders.
- Growler Fill Thursday & Beers n Gyros Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Join us every Thursday for tasty drafts and discounts on all growler fills! Plus, from 3-10 pm pair one of our delicious, hand-made beers with a mouth-watering gyro from NY Souvlaki food truck! Cheers!
- T-shirt Thursday, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Every Thursday is T-SHIRT THURSDAY where you save when you support local business. 1 - Wear a T-shirt from a locally-owned Norfolk business or any Hampton Roads Brewery & get 10% off. 2 - Wear a T-shirt from Coelacanth & get 15% off. 3 - Buy a T-shirt for 25% off.
- Win Brews or Draw, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Win Brews or Draw, our monthly brewery game. Every last Thursday of the month. Better than Trivia. Better than Vinyl Night, better than anything else you can do on a Thursday.
- Brewery Of The Month Pint Night, The Public House, 5 - 8:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Join us ALL MONTH long as we feature Victory Brewing Company from Downingtown, PA. We will have some of their core brands including Golden Monkey and Kirsch Gose on draft and Sour Monkey in a bottle throughout the month. Look out for special releases and giveaways all month long. Cheers to a month of great beers!
- Sunsets on the River: Anthony Rosano & The Conqueroos, Hermitage Museum and Gardens, 6 - 9:00 pm, 7637 N Shore Rd., Norfolk. Join us every other Thursday from May 11 through August 3 for the best party of the summer! Relax on the shoreline and hear live music from the region’s hottest bands. Enjoy drinks from our cash bar featuring craft beer and wine and grab dinner from a variety of food vendors including our premier food truck, 'Bro’s Fish Tacos’. Anthony Rosano and The Conqueroos: Blues all funked up till sweaty and groovin’. Food Trucks: Bro’s Fish Tacos, Capt'n Crabby + dessert. Gates open at 5:30, music starts at 6 pm. Guests may bring lawn chairs, blankets, and food. Well-behaved dogs on leashes permitted. No outside alcohol or ball sports are permitted on the grounds. Credit cards accepted. Concert Admission: Members and kids under 5, FREE; Non-members $12.
- Expedition Brew Release / Geeks Who Drink Trivia / Thirsty Thursday’s at The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 PM, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Our newest Expedition Brew goes on tap Thursday. This week’s clue: Jalapeños! Rally the troops you won’t want to miss this one! There’s only one keg so don’t miss out. Plus, we will be tying in Geeks who Drink Trivia & 'Taste of Asia’ Food Truck with our Expedition Beer Releases. Taproom is Open 5-9 pm Trivia runs 6-8 pm. And every Thursday and enjoy specials on Growler Fills. Check out more about Geeks Who Drink at. www.geekswhodrink.com
- Beer Release, Smartmouth Beer, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Have you experienced uncomfortable pauses in a conversation? Do you have feelings of anxiety when dealing with the pressure to speak but are unsure of what to say next? Then you need to spend some time with Awkward Silence, a bold (8.5%) and flavorful Double IPA brewed with Citra and El Dorado hops. This hop lineup is bursting with tropical fruit notes and citrus aromas while 2-row, wheat, flaked barley and flaked wheat give the beer a nice balance. It’s this year’s successor to 2016’s Inside Voice DIPA and will surely give you something to talk about. Available in draft and limited 16oz 4-packs. Plus, tasty street food from 'All About The Cheese’ food truck.
- Cider Thursday, The Birch, 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. Come in for our Cider Thursday! All draft and bottle ciders are on Happy Hour until 9 pm. A special board is made to pair with the featured cider of the evening, and if you get a cheese or charcuterie plate you get an additional cheese free!
- Thirsty Thursday Featuring Bold Mariner Frogman Lager, The Bier Garden, 5 - 10:00 pm, 438 High St., Portsmouth. Join us Thursday May 25 for our weekly local tapping. This week we will be featuring The Bold Mariner Brewing Company’s Frogman Lager.
- Group Run at Oozlefinch, Hosted by Point 2 Running Company, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 6 - 8:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Join us for a fun group run out at Fort Monroe with Oozlefinch Brewery! We will be doing a 3 mile out and back at the boardwalk, and all runners will enjoy a special happy hour at Oozlefinch afterwards! Bring a couple friends and participate in their trivia night too. Run starts and meets at 6 pm in the Oozlefinch parking lot- see you there!
- Trivia Night, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’re open all day, but every Thursday is Trivia night from 7-9 pm hosted by Team Trivia VB! Put on your smarty pants and head on over. Plus, 'Potheads Mobile Catering & Eatery’ will be here to fill your bellies and feed your brains. Cheers!
- Pint Nights at The Point, The Point at Phoebus - Spirits and Comfort Foods, 6:00 pm, 30 Mellen St E, # E, Hampton. Every Thursday, come enjoy a local craft brew and keep the pint for a penny. Welcome Smartmouth Beer as our brewery of the month. Join us for Point Pint Night every Thursday this month. The kitchen will be preparing a beautiful pairing to enjoy with these super brews.
- Thirsty Thursday, Bull Island Brewing Company, 3 - 6:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. We’ll tap a Thirsty Thursday Beer of the Day! Plus, Weekday Happy Hour from 3-6 pm. Enjoy special pricing on pints to start your night Happy.
- Open Mic Night Thursdays, Bull Island Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. We’ll be hosting our first Open Mic Night May 4th! Sign-ups start at 5 pm, Open Mic starts at 6 and continues on until 9 pm. But Wait! There’s a TWIST! Every Open Mic Night, we’ll hold a vote on who won for the week. Each week a new musician will be chosen after voting. We’re making it a competition. So after 3 weeks, the 3 previous “winners” will play in a “Battle of the Open Mic Nighters” on the fourth week, and the winner of that gets a PAID gig on a Sunday afternoon.
- Thursday Night at St. George (BrewTunes), The St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. It’s a microbrew extravaganza. Join us for an evening of fun, special guest included. Live Music starting at 6 pm. Check Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the Band and Food Truck line-up. Come have some good beer, food & and fun!
- College Night with College Tunes, Tradition Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Flash your current college ID & enjoy pint promos open 'til close! Must have a valid ID and 21+ college. Plus our College Night Pint Promo now has college bands, Felicia Hoyos from 5:30 - 8:00 pm. Plus, we’ll have 'VA Blue Crab Co.’ here with fresh local seafood.
- Slider Night, Dog Street Pub, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three unique sliders paired with three taste size beers ready to start your weekend early. Slider night tempts us, so get them while you can.
- Flight Night, Berret’s Taphouse Grill, 4:00 pm, 199 S Boundary St., Williamsburg. The Taphouse Grill is open for the season. Join us for live music Wed-Sun, starting in May (weather permitting). Thursdays are Beer, Wine and Cider Flight Nights.
- Thursday Food Truck / Beer Tapping, The Virginia Beer Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Join us as 'Creekside Catering Co.’ food truck rolls in to get the weekend started early. And, we’ll be tapping a new Mojito Session Ale. Need we type more?
- Randall Night in the Taproom, Alewerks Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Every Thursday night we fire up the Randall, a nifty invention that allows us to infuse various flavors of fresh ingredients into the beer as it pours. We hook it right up to the tap, and with a little creativity, enhance your Alewerks tasting experience. Peppers, chocolate, limes, and mangoes have all been used in the past. What will we think of next?
- Trivia Night at Brass Cannon Brewing, 6:30 - 9:30 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Think you know a bunch of stuff you don’t need to know? Brass Cannon Brewing is hosting trivia nights every Thursday. Hosted by our own Sarah Adams, our trivia nights cover a wide range from the boring current affairs to the weirdest bits of history and entertainment. Come show off how smart you think you are! 'Poor Boys Burgers’ will be here slinging their delicious food for all the quizzers and we will be serving delightful brews as always!
Fri-Sun, May 26-28 - Heavy Seas Virginia Totally Unofficial Pirate Movie Tour 2017. Come hang with Heavy Seas as we totally unofficially celebrate the #SummerofthePirate and the release of a certain pirate movie that we are completely not, in no way, shape or form connected with! We’ll be touring the Commonwealth this weekend, making stops at our favorite boozy movie theaters, spreading the gospel of Heavy Seas Beer and plundering booty! Here’s where we’ll be in HRVA:
Cinema Cafe Edinburgh - Steal the Pint all weekend when you order a Loose Cannon IPA!
CinéBistro at Peninsula Town Center - Hang with The Loose Cannon Company / Mr. Willis Friday night and get some great Heavy Seas schwag all weekend! Loose Cannon and TropiCannon on tap all weekend, plus bottle & can options!
Paragon City Center 12 - TropiCannon on tap plus bottle options!
Fri, May 26
- Can Release, Reaver Beach Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. Presenting the second beer we’ve ever canned in 16oz. format: BRIDGE of BONES - a hazy, tropical juicebomb of an IPA, hopped intensely with Citra and Mosaic. Dry hopped with 4# per barrel (that’s a lot, kids!) to provide a heady and lush aroma. Bridge of Bones features some of our favorite hops, with citrus fruit, pineapple, and mango character leaping out of the glass, paired with low bitterness to accentuate the juicy character. One sip begs for the next. Though we’ve made this beer before in small batches, we knew from the first that this beer deserved to be canned. Bridge of Bones is 7% ABV and will be available in 4 packs and by the case (24). We REALLY look forward to sharing this one with you!!
- Food Truck Friday, Green Flash Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm (open 12 - 10:00 pm), 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. We’ll have 'All about the Cheese’ food truck, with their cheese-inspired menu includes a variety of grilled cheese options, mac and cheese and more. Bocce registration has begun for our Tuesday night Summer Bocce league. Register online at www.boccevb.com. Six week league with an end of season tournament, starting Jun 6th!
- Beer Release / Beer with the Brewer, Back Bay Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Every Friday we release a new brew! Visit the brewery from 5-9 pm for first dibs on our awesome brew + enjoy live Reggae Music! Stop in anytime between 12-6 pm to chat up our Head Brewer, Travis Powell! This is a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have about craft beer, the brewing process, hops selection and more!
- Melo Lion Grape & Gourmet Tasting, 4:30 - 7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd., Ste. 180, Virginia Beach. We’re back at Grape & Gourmet for a mead tasting Friday night before Memorial Day! Come out & try our amazing craft mead (craft alcohol made from honey)!! Make sure you select “Interested” or “Going” to get event reminders!
- Weekly Free Beer Tastings, Next Door Bottle Shop, 5 - 7:00 pm, 2238 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Join us for a free tasting. Come on by talk beer, and enjoy some tasting and some shopping!
- Growler Fill Night, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm - Midnight, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. 20% off Growler Fills!
- Liberty Call, Pleasure House Brewing, 12 - 11:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. We will open at noon on Fridays for Liberty Call-an early start to the weekend for our many friends in the armed forces!
- Live on the Lawn Concert Series Kickoff, Taste Bayville Farms, 5:30 - 7:45 pm, 4097 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach. Bring your family and lawn chairs and meet us on Shore Drive for an evening of fun at TASTE @ Bayville Farms. This weekly concert series features live music, grass-fed beef burgers and hot dogs on the grill, local craft beer and wine, and much more. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, spend Fridays with TASTE at Live on the Lawn. Music starts at 5:30 pm. Learn more: https://www.taste.online/events/live-lawn
- Beer Release / Food Truck Friday, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3:00 pm - Midnight, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. Introducing our latest Sour Barrel program release, Trouvaille Saison! This 'lucky find’ is a 6.8% abv saison aged over a year in white wine barrels, dry hopped with hallertau blanc, and bottle conditioned. We get a soft effervescence with notes of Chardonnay, white grape skin, and fresh hay. We love this beer! Available in the taproom on draft and $16 per 750ml bottle! And, we’ll welcome 'The Coop’ food truck to the patio Fri, May 26th, offering gourmet sandwiches and wraps, california-style breakfast burritos, baked goods, and more. Fresh, local and delicious.
- Food Truck Friday, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 4 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. Start your weekend here in Norfolk and hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from a great local food truck.
- O'Connor Food Truck Challenge: Greek, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. O’Connor Brewing and the Street Food Revolutionaries bring you the first food truck challenge of the Summer! Food Truck Challenge: Greek! Food trucks will compete while you judge for the crowd favorite, so come hungry and come thirsty!
- Firkin Friday, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. Every Friday, we tap a cask of ale from one of our local craft breweries. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!
- Food Truck Friday, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ will be here in the Beer Garden with all their hand-crafted burgers and sides.
- Food Truck Friday, Benchtop Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. We’ll have 'Karnage Asada’ here serving their Latin-Asian Smackdown with Tacos, Burritos and Bowls to go with our delicious brews.
- Food Truck Friday, Smartmouth Beer - Norfolk, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Come start your weekend with tasty street treats from 'Cubania’ food truck.
- Special Friday Night Beer and Cheese Pairing Menu, The Birch, 3:00 pm - 2:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
- Tap Takeover at Kroger Marketplace, 4 - 7:00 pm, Frederick Blvd., Portsmouth. Alewerks Brewing Company will be at the Kroger Marketplace in Portsmouth taking over taps and giving you a wide array of Alewerks offerings. Beers are subject to change, but are scheduled to include White, Superb IPA, Weekend Lager, Chesapeake Pale Ale, Coffeehouse, and the brand new Black Forest! Make sure to come by and see us and taste what we have to offer.
- Beer Club with Phil Shannon of Green Flash, Bon Vivant Wine & Brew Smithfield, 7 - 8:00 pm, 1504 S Church St., Smithfield. This month we welcome Phil Shannon of local brewery Green Flash. Get ready to taste a few new offerings as well as some classic Green Flash brews. $3pp education fee. Afterwards follow Phil to Wharf Hill Brewing for a more in depth study of his brews!
- Live Music / Food Truck Friday, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 11:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Mike Norris & Andy Burns live. Mike Norris is a modern day troubadour, a purveyor of true roots & Americana music. This is real country…drunk with the blues and driven by rock & roll…This night will be a guitar/mandolin & harmonica duo playing good ole honky tonkin’ rock & roll outlaw grass! Be sure to come out, have some brews, and stick around for a heck of great night of music! Plus, we’ll have 'Cast Iron Catering Co.’ on site to keep you full and happy.
- Live Music, Bull Island Brewing Company, 6 - 9:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. We’re happy to be hosting 'Mercy Creek’ at Bull Island Brewing Company! Come check out these wonderful local musicians! Show starts at 6 pm, no cover charge.
- Kickin’ Off the Weekend (Friday Night), The St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Every Friday night we’ve got a great band and food truck along with our amazing craft beer to help you close your crazy week! Check Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the Music and Food Truck line-up. Come have some good beer, food & and fun!
- Live Music / Beer Release / Friday Night Flights, Tradition Brewing Company, 4:00 - 11:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Come out and support 'Chris Ross and the North’ as they play some pure Americana starting at 7 pm. We’ll Tap Gidget Strawberry Gose - Enjoy a strawberry, citrus flavor up front followed by a light briny sea salt taste. A smooth, light finish with little hop flavor, and a moderate ABV makes our Strawberry Gose the perfect refreshing choice on a hot summer day. And, we’ll have 'Two Drummers Offbeat Eats’ food truck for the evening. And as always we’ll help you kick off your weekend right with discounts on flights of 4 and 6 samplings of our great local craft beer!
- Free Beer Tasting, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5-8:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg. Come by every Friday to try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans.
- Friday Night Live, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 9:30 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Did you know we create a one-off Brewmaster’s Pin for EVERY Friday? Did you know we tap a new brew EVERY Friday? Welcome the weekend with 'VA Blue Crab Co.’ in the bier garden from 12:30 pm, and a new Brewmaster’s Pin tapped around 3-ish, and we’re tapping a new Lupulin Powder India Pale Ale! Friday Night Live with music by Sammy Lee from 6-9 pm at the Virginia Beer Company! No cover! Come on down and kick-off your weekend the right way!
- Cask Tapping in the Taproom, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Every Friday night we tap a new cask in the Taproom. Each cask beer is a unique creation, giving our brewers a chance to enhance the flavors, as well as add new ones never before tried. Cask ale or cask-conditioned beer is unfiltered and unpasteurized beer which is conditioned (including secondary fermentation) and served from a cask without additional nitrogen or carbon dioxide pressure. Many consider it the best way to drink a beer. Come celebrate the end of the work week with great beer in the Alewerks Taproom.
- Beer release / Live Music at the Brewery, Brass Cannon Brewing, 6 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Summer time is here and with it comes the return of our summer seasonal, “Split Shot”. Split Shot is an American wheat, light colored, light bodied beer that is brewed with 50% malted wheat and 50% malted rye. To celebrate our beer release we’ll have 'Elderberry Jam’ playing some groovy Americana, swing, and blues music, and 'El Coqui’ with yummy delights of Puerto Rican design. Come join us and ring in your summer with great beer, delicious food, and sensational tunes.
Sat, May 27
- YVBC Dual Beer Release, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 12 - 11:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Ste. 104, Virginia Beach. Join us for another dual release of two new YVBC Beers! Gunnery Table Bier or Tafelbier (french) is a beer with diverse style guidelines. Typically low an alcohol content and easy drinking. Our Gunnery Table Bier is just that. Slightly tart and sour with a refreshing approachability. This ale is perfect for a hot day. Eleven Bang Bang is a Boysenberry Berliner Weisse and the first of this stye that YVBC has ever made. These beers will be available on draft and in 750mL bottles. Come see us Saturday and get some the most refreshing summer sour beers you will find in Hampton Roads!
- Saturday Food Truck, Green Flash Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. 'Captain Crabby’ food truck will be here serving their authentic Maryland-style seafood and crab cake creations. Bocce registration has begun for our Tuesday night Summer Bocce league. Register online at www.boccevb.com. Six week league with an end of season tournament, starting Jun 6th!
- Saturday Swag, Back Bay Brewing Company, 10 - 11:00 am, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Join us on Saturday mornings (10-11 am) for a Barre, Pilates or other fitness class by Realflexi (upstairs in the Blind). Cost is $15 per person and includes a FREE beer following the class! The Tasting Room will also be open during this time for anyone who wants to hang downstairs.
- Ladies Night, Back Bay Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm (open 12:00 pm - Midnight), 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Every Saturday Night is LADIES NIGHT! Huge discounts for ladies from 6-8 pm!
- Live in the Blind, Back Bay Brewing Company, 9:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia beach. Join us upstairs for the 'Pillbuster’ Taker EP release show in the Blind with 'Sunndrug’ & 'Forest of Legend’!
- Dump Your Gluten Ass Returns, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 12:00 pm - Midnight, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Dump Your Gluten Ass makes a return to our taproom for a limited port wine barrel release! Adding to our Glutenless Retreiver series, the Dump Your Gluten Ass is a bragget style beer made with sorgham and honey. Brewed with champagne yeast, raspberries, and strawberries it initially has a slight tartness and dry sweetness. We then aged it in port wine barrels to add even more complexity. Brewed initially for our Anti-Valentine’s Day celebration, we dumped the gluten and the stereotypes because #byefelicia to all things sappy and pink.
- Milk Crate Mafia at Wasserhund Brewing Co., 7 - 10:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Good Beer… Live Music… Artisan Pizzas… Good Beer… MCM rockin’ the house…. Good times!
- BALLAST POINT 40 yes FORTY yes XL TAP TAKEOVER, Mix it Up, Noon - 11:45 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. OMG! Ballast Point is taking over 40 Taps and it’s going to be a DOOZY! LIVE MUSIC AND FOOD TRUCKS all day long! TONS OF FREE SWAG! We will be raffling off a Ballast Point Longboard! Tap Line up: Orange and Vanilla Fathom, blackberry sour wench, bourbon barrel Indra kunindra, smoke screen plus 36 more!
- Saturday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 12:00 pm - Midnight, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. We’ll have 'Bro’s Fish Tacos’ food truck will be on the patio, Sat, May 27th, bringing Wild caught fish, fresh local produce and organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Live music with Brian Grilli, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 6:30 - 9:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S, Chesapeake. Join us in welcoming back Brian Grilli #notyourbroscountry !
- Saturday Food Truck, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 12 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. There’s nothing better than Saturday’s in Norfolk! Come hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from one of our local food trucks. Come out and have a beer!
- HOTTBUTTERED RETURNS, Toast, 10:00 pm, 2406 Colonial Ave., Norfolk. Get Your boogie boots on! I’m back for yet another exciting month of HOTBUTTERED! They very best in SOULMUSIC-BIGBOSSREGGAE & Maximum R&B! 100%vinyl 45RPM! Free Free Free! Hope to see you next Saturday! LordThomas
- Free Tours, Food Trucks, & Fun, O'Connor Brewing Co., 12 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. On Saturdays we have free brewery tours each hour from 12-4 pm. There’s plenty of cornhole, shuffleboard and giant Jenga, and of course, fresh, tasty beers, all day and evening. Join us for a pint and custom, hand-crafted pizza and panini’s ready in minutes at the Your Pie pop-up! Here from 12-10 pm!
- Saturday Food Truck, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 12 - 3:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. 'Gastrohub’ an upscale food truck offering high quality pub fare.
- Beer Release / Saturday Food truck / Live Music, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Come down for our Sailor Kerrie Apricot Blonde Release Party. We’ll have a great local food truck here in the garden, and Live Tunes from 4-8 pm.
- Waffletina Brunch / Saturday Food Truck, Benchtop Brewing Company, 12 - 3:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. We are excited to have 'Waffletina’ at Benchtop for a Saturday pop-up brunch event. Kick off your weekend right with some of their unique and delicious creations paired with any of our 8 delicious brews. Then from 3-9 pm we’ll have 'New York Souvlaki’ on site to bring their Gyro specials.
- Grub & Tunes, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 12 - 7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue, Norfolk. 'Redwood Smoke Shack’ will be on-site all day, and live music from the 'Kings of Ukelele’ 4:30-6:30 pm. We’ll have Free Tours on the Hour from 2-6 pm, as well as discounted Growler Fills from 12-2 pm.
- Oozlefinch Live / Saturday Food truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 11:30 am - 11:0 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. 'Rodeo Clown’ Free show and first time in Hampton, VA in a long time. C'mon out and hear some high energy honky tonk and country with some choice others thrown in for good measure. And, we’ll have 'All About The Cheese’ here with their delectables treats all afternoon.
- Live Music, Bull Island Brewing Company, 4 - 7:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. Come enjoy the finger pickin’ sounds of Jackson Rousey! He’ll be playing an awesome afternoon show here at Bull Island Brewing Co. Show starts at 4 pm, no cover charge!
- Yoga on Tap, The St. George Brewing Company, 9:30 - 10:30 am, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Join us every Saturday morning for a one-hour Vinyasa flow yoga class presented by Yaz Yoga. All levels are welcome. Tasting room will be open for those who wish to reward themselves with a brew after class, and also if your spouse wants to relax and enjoy a pint while you are taking part in yoga. What to bring: Your own yoga mat and water bottle. Floors are cement, so if you have trouble with your knees you may want to double up on mats. $10 per yoga class includes a pint of beer after class. Or 3 classes for $25 (no beer included). Payment via cash or credit card at the door. Call 757-303-1232 or email email@example.com to reserve your spot. Class size is limited, so please register in advance and kindly cancel 24 hours prior if your plans change. Please arrive by 9:20 am for registration. Visit www.facebook.com/yazyogava for updates.
- Sound Series Saturday, The St. George Brewing Company, 2 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Ready for a jammed packed Saturday? Join us every Saturday evening for Live Music, and fun, special guest included. Check Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the Music and Food Truck line-up. Come have some good beer, food & and fun!
- Saturday Food Truck / Live Music Night, Tradition Brewing Company, 12 - 10:30 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Winners of the 2016 Merlefest Band Competition, Fireside Collective is quickly blazing a name for themselves as a must-see progressive acoustic ensemble. They’ll be here at the Brewery to play live music from 7 - 10:30 pm. And, we’ll have 'Bro’s Fish Tacos’ here to sate your hunder starting at 4 pm.
- Memorial Day Weekend Beer Release Party, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 9:30 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. We’re going to tap our Bourbon Barrel Parade Wee Heavy ale. We welcome the return of 'Two Drummers Offbeat Eats’ food truck in the beer garden for a full day of mobile bites, beers & cheers! Plus, Live music with 'Good Shot Judy’ from 6-9 pm! And, FREE brewery tours at 3 and 4 pm! Call ahead or let your beer-tender know you’re interested in joining! First come, first toured!
Sun, May 28
- Growler Power Hours, Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 2 - 4:00 pm (open from 1 - 6:00 pm), 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. The weekend’s not over, from 2-4 pm we offer discounts on all growler and grenade fills.
- Hoppy Yoga, Green Flash Brewing Co. Virginia Beach, 10:30 - 11:45 am, 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. Yoga and Beer: two ancient traditions with proven health benefits. When practiced in moderation, both are known to improve the quality of your life and may even make you more tolerable to those around you. So, do yourself and your loved ones a favor and join us in the Green Flash Tasting Room for Hoppy Yoga™! This all-levels yoga class doesn’t take itself too seriously yet will still get your blood pumping before you enjoy some tasty brews. Class fee includes your choice of a pint or a flight. Details: $20, BYOMat, no previous yoga or beer experience required. Reserve your spot by signing up at http://www.hoppyyoga.com/schedule-2!
- Sunday Food Truck, Green Flash Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. 'We’ll have 'All about the Cheese’ food truck, with their cheese-inspired menu includes a variety of grilled cheese options, mac and cheese and more. Bocce registration has begun for our Tuesday night Summer Bocce league. Register online at www.boccevb.com. Six week league with an end of season tournament, starting Jun 6th!
- Service Industry Sunday, Back Bay Brewing, 12 - 6:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. ALL DAY specials for people working in the Food Service Industry + EMT, Military, Police and Firefighters on Sundays!
- Beats, Beer, Brunch Vol 10, Esoteric, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm, 501 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach. Its volume 10 of our famous Beer Beats and Brunch and were collabing with beer distributors Hop House to bring you EPIC one offs and special beers from some of the best breweries out including J.Wakefield Brewing, Aslin, Mad Fox, Bullfrog, Rar, Almanac, Civil Society. More Beers TBA!
- Sunday Funday, Mix it Up, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 11:00 am - 8:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Sunday Funday Backyard Party and $1 hot dogs all day long!
- Crocks for a Cause, Pleasure House Brewing, 6-8 pm (open 12-10:00 pm), 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Every Sunday at 6 pm, for a donation of just $5 you can try all of the crockpot creation entries in our cooking contest! The winner gets a PHB gift card! All proceeds go directly to K-9 New Life charity and you too can be a judge!
- Sunday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. We’ll have Malbon’s 'The Flying Pig’ food truck will on the patio, Sun, May 28th, bringing whole hog pulled pork and fresh local sides - Damn good!
- Sit, Sip and Stamp, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 12:30 - 3:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S, Chesapeake. Join our favorite Stampin Up demonstrator, Bobbie Yoakem, for another crafty Sunday afternoon. For $5, you will receive all materials and instruction to complete two projects. Two class times, 1230 and 2pm. Must rsvp to reserve your spot.
- Tap It Local Pop Up Kitchen, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 12:30 - 4:00 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S., Chesapeake. Our friends from Tap It Local will be grilling up some burgers, BBQ, crab cakes and shrimp to go with that Big Bold Beer at Big Ugly Brewing on Sunday’s from Noon to 4 pm so come hungry and thirsty.
- Poses & Pints: Sunday morning yoga at OBC, O'Connor Brewing Co., 10:30 - 11:30 am, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Come join us at OBC for the blissful moments of Yoga on Sunday mornings. On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month Alicia Morris leads a class, followed by the opportunity to have a couple of post yoga beers at a great discount! The class is donation based & a portion of the donations go to a different charity each class! All levels are welcome! B.Y.O.M. (bring your own mat)!
- Food Truck Brunch / Dinner In SIN, O'Connor Brewing Co., 12 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Join us from 12-7 pm to pair one of our delicious hand-made beers with 'Capt'n Crabby’s entirely hand-made menu items! Then, 'Voodoo Pies’ will be feeding the masses from 3-9 pm. We’ll be extending Service Industry Night as well so be sure to come check us out. *Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are available on the menu
- OBC Beer School: Garden Variety Beer, O'Connor Brewing Co., 2 - 3:30 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. We are now presenting the 2nd in our 4-part interactive craft beer education workshop: Garden Variety Beer. This class will take place in the OBC beer garden and focuses on summer beer infusions and the interplay between herbs and hops! EDUCATION: French and Belgian Trappist styles; The love story of herbs and hops; How to infuse beer into your summer cookouts- from poached brats to doggie biscuits. Guest speaker: Alexandra Cantwell from Norfolk Botanical Gardens. TASTING PREVIEW: Spyhop White India Pale Ale. ACTIVITY: Randall infusion station–Mix up your choice of fresh fruits and herbs to create a custom infusion of one of our draught beers. TAKEAWAY: Doggie biscuit kit to make treats for your furry friends! Tickets are $20 and can be purchased on our website. Only 20 spots available per session so act fast!
- Exception(andall) beers, Exception(ale), 12 - 6:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave, # 6, Norfolk. We have exception(andall) beers every Sunday. We’ll offer up extra flavors infused into already great beers issuing out Dogfish Randall.
- Sunday Salute Specials, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2409 Bowden’s Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Discounts on draught for all Active Duty Military and Veterans.
- Sunday Funday, Benchtop Brewing Company, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. Come in for our Sunday Funday draft specials from 12 - 2 pm. Plus, we’ll have 'Gastrohub’ food truck here serving their delicious chow to match up with our fresh beers.
- Peace n’ Pints Yoga May, Smartmouth Beer, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Join Jesse Braade for an upbeat, vinyasa-style class that will leave you feeling invigorated and renewed. Students will flow through a faster-paced sequence, holding postures for shorter periods of time in order to tap into muscular strength, increase cardiovascular endurance and utilize the body to drop into the mind. No yoga experience required, only a yoga mat and an open mind! If you plan to attend this session you must sign up at the following link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054ea9a72da2f58-peace15
- Smartmouth Sundays, Smartmouth Beer, 1 - 5:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Our tasting room will be open from 1-5 pm serving up delicious craft beer in its many vessels and offering all the Smartmouth swag and brews you can get your hands on. Plus tasty treats from 'NY Souvlaki’.
- Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 10:30 - 11:30 am, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Sunday at 10:30 am for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food and conversation!
- Sunday Funday Live Music / Memorial Day Weekend at The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 10:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Red Stapler Duo is back for a SUNDAY FUNDAY MEMORIAL DAY style from 6-9 pm. It’s always a party when they play and you will never be disappointed. We are staying open until 10 pm for this Sunday so you have no excuse to leave early. We have Peninsula Food Truck here all day to feed your food cravings. So grab a friend, a date or come alone, either way just be here!
- OMS & ALE, YOGA & BEER w/Zenya Yoga, Tradition Brewing Company, 10:45 am - 12:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Tap into the fun and bliss of brewery yoga. Suitable for beginner and experienced students, this class will challenge your balance, strength and flexibility through guided poses and breathing techniques. Experience balance as you alleviate the physical tension and mental stress of the day. All levels welcome. Wear comfortable clothing you can move in and bring a mat and a friend! $15.00 for 75 class and 1 pint.
- Sunday Brunch / Live Music, Tradition Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. We’ll have a special Sunday for you with Creekside Catering. And, live music by 'The Bluegrass Sweethearts’ from 12:30-3:30 pm.
- Sunday Acoustic Sets At VBC Featuring Jonny Cardigan, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 7:00 pm , 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Jonny Cardigan will be playing at The Virginia Beer Company for Sunday Acoustic Sets from 2-5 pm! Some great new beers on tap and plenty of Deadbolt & Waypost to take home with you as well. Plus, Sunday Specials! With specials on cases of 12 oz. cans + 3-packs of 32 oz. Crowlers. Come enjoy some great music, beverage & a food truck will be there too!
- Live Music and Steal the Vessel Sundays, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 5:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Sunday afternoon join us for great beer, great weather (well, we’ll hope for it), and great live music from 2 -5 pm. Bring a picnic or sammiches to enjoy! We sure can’t think of a better way to wind down the weekend. Plus, every Sunday is Steal the Vessel on American style growlers and grunts. Sounds like you should be here.
Mon, May 29
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge, Ghent. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Trivia Night, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Mondays are the new Fridays at Wasserhund! Come test your skills with Trivia every Monday, from 7-9 pm. Drink beer, eat pizza, and win some great prizes! Bring yourself or a team of your smartest friends. You can win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes!
- Industry Monday, Pleasure House Brewing, 3 - 10:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. On Mondays we welcome our friends in the restaurant and brewing industries to join us for $2 half pints. Just tell us where you work!
- Steal the Pint/Wings Night, HK on the Bay, 6 - 8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd., Virginia Beach. Here at Hk on the Bay we have a Steal the Pint Night EVERY Monday! Grab a pint of craft beer from our Brewery of the Month and receive a FREE brewery pint glass! May’s Brewery of the Month is Commonwealth, our neighbor and one of our favorite local breweries. We’ll be starting the May by spreading the Wealth on draft, it’s a delicious Saison great for the summer heat and that glass is super sweet! Plus, we have All You Can Eat Wings for $14. With wing sauces ranging from Hell to Wimpy to Honey BBQ, there is a sauce for everyone!
- Monday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. 'Bite of Maine’ will be here for dinner, Mon, May 29th, with their Delicous, fresh seafood from Maine.
- Draft Mondays, Brixx Pizza - Greenbrier, 801 Eden Way N., Chesapeake. Don’t like Mondays? What if we tell you all drafts are just $3 on Mondays at Brixx?
- Memorial Day / Military Monday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. It’s Military Monday, so all of you who currently serve, or have served, come join us for a pint & let us treat you like the MVPs that you are! As a token of our gratitude for your service, we will be offering a special discount EVERY MONDAY to all active duty, retired, and veteran military members. (Please present valid proof of service to receive discount).
- Monday night Penny Pints, Supper-Southern Morsels, 5:00 pm, 319 W 21st St, Norfolk. Join us every Monday for penny pint night here at Supper and this month we’re featuring Center of The Universe brewing company, come on by and grab a delicious pint today! We’ll have some of their great local beers as well as exciting beer-centric additions from the kitchen.
- Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 5:45 - 6:45 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Monday evening at 5:45 pm for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food and conversation!
- Kick Off Summer at The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Join us Memorial Day for a great day of music and good eats! Richie Beard is back frpm 5-8 pm to help us celebrate the last day and the BEST day of the Holiday weekend and the kick off to summer! We will have 'Two Drummers Offbeat Eats’ with us all day to feed ya and we will keep the cold beers flowing to make ya feel just right! So be sure to come kick off your summer with us!
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night. Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
- Burger & Pint night, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Every Monday Burger & Pint night. Enjoy discounts on all of our hand crafted burgers and pints until 9 pm.
- Point 2 Brew Pub Run, Point 2 Running Company & Whole Foods Newport News, 6:00 pm, 12080 Jefferson Ave, Ste. 910, Newport News. We’re partnering with Point 2 Running Company every Monday for a Point 2 & Brew Pub Run! The 3 mile runs will begin at Point 2 in The Marketplace at Tech Center and end with Happy Hour at Oyster Point Pub at Whole Foods Market Newport News. No registration required and runners of all levels are welcome. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- MugShot Mondays, Mellow Mushroom (Newport News, VA), 12090 Jefferson Ave., Su. 1500, Newport News. MugShot Mondays all day Monday every week! Come by for one of the best drink specials on the peninsula!
- Steal the Glass, The Sandbar Grill and Pub, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm, 736 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News. Our weekly steal the pint night. $5 takes the pint with the glass and $5 fill ups til 9 pm.
- Dog Street Pub Running Club, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. A family & dog friendly casual running club in the Colonial area. We meet every Monday at DoG Street Pub. Run starts at 6 pm.
- Memorial Day / Treat Yo’ Self Day, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Open early for the Holiday. Mondays we feature Industry Night Specials on pints for all food/beverage industry staff friends. Now bigger & better than ever as food trucks join the fray with 'All About The Cheese’, here from 12-9 pm!
- Monday Happy Hour, Alewerks Brewing Company, 4 - 7:00 pm, 89 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. We get it. Monday’s are tough. Nobody likes Mondays. So we’ve got a new reason for you to look forward to Monday night. Happy Hour in the Alewerks Taproom from 4-7 pm, each and every Monday, featuring specials on some of our most popular year-round offerings!
Tue, May 30
- YVBC Trivia Night, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Ste. 104, Virginia Beach. Join us at 6 pm! We will charge $2 entry fee that will then be applied to your first beer. We have a limited number of spots available so get in early, get your spot, drink beer and have some fun!
- Tap it Tuesday, Back Bay Brewing Company, 7 - 10:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Each Tuesday, we will introduce a New Real Ale Cask, brewed by our Head Brewmaster Travis Powell. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to learn which new beer we’ll be pouring for you this Tuesday!
- Trivia Tuesday, Home Republic, 7 - 9:00 pm, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach. What goes better with beer than a friendly competition for prizes? We are excited to have Trivia Tuesdays with Smartmouth Trivia and of course, food and drink specials!
- Trivia Night, Bottlecraft Virginia Beach, 6 - 10:00 pm, 1560 Laskin Rd., suite 156,Virginia Beach. Join us for Trivia Night & a Sipping Session. Sipping session starts at 6 pm, Games start at 8 pm! Free to play & prizes will be awarded!
- Taco Tuesday, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5 - 10:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. It’s Tuesday! Can you say 1$ Taco Night? Every Tuesday starting at 5 pm: 1$ dollar shrimp, chicken or beef tacos! Come hungry!
- Two-Fiddy Tuesday, Pleasure House Brewing, 3 - 10:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. It’s Tuesday. The weekend is a dim memory, and Friday is so far away it might as well be in China. Break up your week with a trip to the friendliest brewery in Virginia Beach. We can’t tell you here what the Two-Fiddy is all about, but we’re pretty sure you’ll like it!
- Tuesday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. 'El Coqui’ food truck will be on the patio, Tue, May 30th bringing a little bit of Puerto Rican flavor to your table.
- Tasty Tuesday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Come join us every Tuesday for special discounts on draught beer from 3-9 pm!
- Weekday Happy Hour, Bull Island Brewing Company, 3 - 6:00 pm, 758 Settlers Landing Rd., Hampton. Enjoy special pricing on pints to start your night Happy.
- Virginia Beer Night, Hampton Taphouse, 4 - 9:00 pm, Downtown, 17 E. Queen’s Way, Hampton. Tuesday Night is Virginia Beer Night at Hampton Taphouse! Support Local Brewing and enjoy Virginia draft beers at a special price from 4 until 9 pm.
- Thirsty Taco Tuesday, St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Tonight is Taco Tuesday! 'Stuft- Not Your Average Street Food’ with the best tacos and more! 'Sinful Treats’ providing the sweet treats everyone needs.
- Military Appreciation Night, Tradition Brewing Co., 4 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Show your military ID for a Pint Promo.
- Growler Power Hours, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 3 - 7:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg. Every Tuesday in January & February from 3-7 pm at Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop 15% off all growler fills. *discount does not apply to the growler vessel itself but to the delicious beer you fill it with!
- Wyndridge Farm Steal the Glass, TRIANGLE, 6 - 11:00 pm, 601 Prince George Street, Williamsburg. You want more ciders? YOU’RE GETTING MORE CIDERS! TRIANGLE is excited to FINALLY be hosting Wyndridge Farm for a Steal the Glass Event on May 30th! We’ll be featuring their Crafty Cranberry & Double IPA on draft, as well as a handful of select bottles. Trivia at 8 pm, followed by Open Mic with Jady Bugg from about 10 pm til…
- Vinyl Night, Alewerks Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Join us each and every Tuesday night for Vinyl Night in the Taproom. Bring your own records, or listen to ours, either way it’s sweet vinyl spinning on the turntable. 'FoodaTude..Food with Attitude’ food truck will be here cooking up burgers for only $6! Add in happy hour specials on pints, and you’ve got a night not to miss!
Wed, May 31
- Hump Day Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. 'El Taco Loco’ will be on the patio, Wed, May 31st, taking their restaurant favorites on the road for your pleasure.
- Bearded Bird Brewing Presents: A Pint With David Laperrier, 4 - 8:00 pm, 727 Granby St., Norfolk. Bearded Bird Brewing is hosting its first art show series. So come out have a pint and enjoy the art of David Laperrier. Doors Open @ 4 pm, enjoy the music of 'Roebuck’ 6-8 pm, and the eats of 'Capt'n Crabby’ Food Truck!
- Tall Tales Steal A Pint, Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint Norfolk, 5 - 9:00 pm, 131 Granby Street Suite A, Norfolk. Maryland brewery in the house tonight!!! Come check out brews from our pals up north, Tall Tales Brewing Co! We’ll be featuring a handful of their best beers, and they’ll be bringing custom pint glasses for you to take off with at the end of the night. So grab one of our specialty burgers, pair it with something fun from OBH, and leave with some swag!
- Hops & Cheese Featuring Big Ugly Brewing, Taste (Chesapeake, VA), 6:30 - 8:00 pm, 717 Eden Way, Unit 600, Chesapeake. Featured Brewery: The Big Ugly. Treat your taste buds to a perfect pairing of craft beer and artisan cheese. This NEW class, hosted by Patrick Evans-Hylton, celebrates foam and fromage through four curated pairings and tastings of each. It’s an fun and informative evening, including tips on selecting, storing and savoring each sip - and bite!
- Monthly Trivia with Troy Trivia, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S, Chesapeake. The first Thursday of the month is trivia night! Bring your smartest friends, have dinner by Chef Anthony from Tap it Local and drink a few beers while testing your knowledge!
- Bingo with Coelacanth Brewing, Colley Cantina, 5 - 10:00 pm, 1316 Colley Ave., Norfolk. “Pints and Prizes Bingo” Every Wednesday from 8-10 pm at Colley Cantina! Join us this week with our friends from CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company of Norfolk, VA. A representative from the brewery will be hanging out with us during the event. We’ll tap their beers starting at 5 pm, and Bingo starts at 8 pm. Here’s your chance to try some new beer and win some sweet prizes right from the brewery!
Thu, Jun 1
- Thursdays at Bottlecraft with RST, Bottlecraft Virginia Beach, 7 - 9:00 pm, 1560 Laskin Rd., suite 156, Virginia Beach. Join us for Jazz Night at Bottlecraft Virginia Beach every first and third Thursday of the month. Discover which of their amazing craft beers pairs best with the delectable tunes of the Russell Scarborough Trio as Eldon Sully, Dave Huffstedler and Russell Scarborough transport you to a happy place.
- Beer Release, Benchtop Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 1129 Boissevain Ave., Norfolk. It is time to release the 2nd batch of Juicy Thoughts DIPA. This is a just a tad juicer than batch 1, so make sure you are wearing your Juicy drinking pants. We also switched up the hops to include a (really) heavy dose of Mosaic, complemented by additions of Azacca and Vic Secret. It’s ok to have Juicy Thoughts on a Thursday and you will thank yourself! We have 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ here serving up delicious AND juicy burgers.
Fri, Jun 2
- Expo Bout & Buffalo Wild Wings Fundraiser, Hosted by Dominion Derby Girls, 7:00 pm, MacArthur Center, 300 Monticello Ave., Norfolk. This summer we are thrilled to be partnering with MacArthur Mall and their outdoor roller rink! We are kicking off this partnership by having a free ARMY Vs. NAVY expo bout! Before and after join us across the street at Buffalo Wild Wings for a fundraiser. Just let them know you’re with Dominion Derby Girls when ordering! Buffalo Wild Wings, 420 Monticello Avenue, Downtown Norfolk, 4 - 11:00 pm.
- First Fridays Downtown Street Party, The Plot, 5 - 8:30 pm, 776 Granby St., Norfolk. Get ready to grab some friends & have some fun: Downtown Norfolk’s favorite Friday night street party is back for its fifth season! Each First Fridays event runs from 5-8:30pm and features music, food and merchandise vendors and a beer and wine garden all in an authentic downtown setting. This month we’ll be at The Plot, in the NEON District, corner of Granby Street and Olney Road. Music by 'BJ Griffin and the Galaxy Groove’ - Pop, funk, soul, R&B!
- FlickIt! Fridays: “The Princess Bride”, Naro Cinema, 9:15 pm, 1507 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity, Battling Rodents of Unusual Size, Facing torture in the Pit of Despair. True love has never been a snap. A benefit for Tidewater Arts Outreach, we are sponsored this month by Chop Suey Books in Richmond, Local Heroes, Quixotic Arts, and Stage Right Lighting. Smartmouth Beer will be available for purchase, with all proceeds benefiting Tidewater Arts Outreach.
Sat, Jun 3
- O'Connoroo 2017: A Music, Food and Beer Festival, O'Connor Brewing Co., Noon - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Our FOURTH annual O'Connoroo–a food, music, and beer festival! This event is FREE & open to the public, family-friendly, and features: The 2017 release of Spyhop White IPA! PLUS, a host of special beers that we are producing exclusively for this event–stay tuned for more info! Live music by: The Barons 7:30 pm; Feral Conservatives 5 pm; Red Clover Ghost 2:30 pm; Starcoast 1 pm. Pop-up food vendors: Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint Norfolk; Bonchon Norfolk; Redwood Smoke Shack; Pelon’s Baja Grill; Sugar Shack Donuts & Coffee VB. Plus: A Video Game Heaven barcade! Cornhole, shuffleboard, giant Jenga, and other surprises! And of course, enjoy our beautiful outdoor bar and beer garden! *Due to the large capacity of this event, we will not be allowing tasting flights or growler fills on this day. Dogs are welcome in our outside areas. Parking is limited, so please consider biking up (we have new bike racks to lock them up on), carpooling, or utilizing our friends at App A Cab (which, if you do, we will give you a free $5 voucher for your cab ride).
- Beer Release, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Kicking off our “Month of Releases” with the long awaited release of GORGON Bourbon Barrel Aged Barley Wine! 10.5% and available on draft and in 50 ml bottles! Also we will have an extremely limited number of Long Sleeve Gorgon T-shirts for sale - and a special Beer & Shirt deal!
Sun, Jun 4
- Brass Cannon Hosts Muddy Marley’s Dog Wash, 12 - 5:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Brass Cannon is teaming up with Muddy Marley’s Dog Wash for a day to pamper man’s best friend, along with having a little fun yourself. You have the option of self-serve or a full service dog wash using Earthbath shampoos and conditioners. Why not kick it up a notch and do a spa treatment for your furry companion while you enjoy a beverage on the patio?! Prices for the dog wash will be anywhere from $22-$37 and the spa treatment going from $32-$56. In addition to pampering your pet and sampling some yummy craft beer, any tips accumulated through the dog wash will be donated to the Heritage Humane Society! Feel free to bring in any outside food and enjoy some fun on the sun with your little, or big, fuzzy sidekick.
Tue, Jun 6
- A Tropical Beer Dinner by HK on the Bay x Commonwealth, Hk on the Bay, 6 - 9:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd., Virginia Beach. We are teaming up with Commonwealth Brewing Company for an epic beer dinner! Dinner and beer menu to be announced soon! 6 pm - Cocktail Hour, 7 pm - First Course. Limited tickets will be sold online only and will include the following: 1 Beer Cocktail during cocktail hour (beginning at 6 pm); Four course meal prepared by our Chef Danny Hughes; Four 5.5oz beers paired with each course; Tax & Gratuity.
- Service Industry Night at The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 6 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. This night is for you, the ones that work in the restaurants, bars, and breweries, serving up cocktails, cold brews, and delicious eats. We know what it’s like to work the long hours, nights, weekends and holidays. So we are giving you 2 Tuesdays a month (the 1st and 3rd Tuesday) to join us from 6-9 pm and let us serve you discounted cold brews. We have board games for your entertainment and a different food truck every week to feed you. All you have to do is show up, relax and let us take care of you for a change. For an extra bonus for all your hard work you also get a discount on all of our retail swag. Plus, we’ll have 'Lillies Trailer’ to help keep you full and happy serving up fresh tacos and nachos!
Wed, Jun 7
- Wasserhund Steal the Pint Night, Mellow Mushroom (Newport News, VA), 5 - 11:00 pm, 12090 Jefferson Ave., Ste. 1500, Newport News. Join us Wednesday June 7th for a steal the pint night with Wasserhund Brewing Company! We will be featuring beers from them and this will be a great kick off to summer and a good time for all!
Sat, Jun 10
- Wheels of Soul Tapping Party, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 12 - 11:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Ste. 104, Virginia Beach. Tedeschi Trucks Band is embarking on their Wheels of Soul Tour! Each city they stop in has a number of breweries brewing a Wheels of Soul beer to benefit the Mr. Hollands Opus Charity! We were picked as one of the breweries in VA Beach to brew a Wheels of Soul. Join us on June 10th as we release this New England Style Pale Ale brewed with Simcoe, Citra and El Dorado hops! $1 of every pint sold will go directly to the Mr. Hollands Opus Charity and we could not be more proud to help benefit a charity whose mission is musical education! Cheers! MORE INFO: http://virginiacraftbeer.com/tedeschi-trucks-band-va-breweries-help-craft-for-causes/
- Water balloon fight at Mix it Up, Noon, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Leave the business attire at home. No one is walking away dry from this one! Join us at Mix it up Saturday June 10th at high-noon for an Adults-only water balloon fight. No cover to get in. Space is limited but there’s a chance for everyone to get wet. Players must be 21 and up to participate. May not be safe for the kiddies. This is amended dodgeball rules: Teams of 10, Play until the clock runs out or until water balloons run out, Winners will be decided by the crowd and ref, based on skill, enthusiasm and dryness.
- RESCHEDULED: Spring Street Fair, Smartmouth Beer, 12 - 7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. 13 BEERS // 5 FOOD TRUCKS // 2 LIVE BANDS // FREE ADMISSION: Join us as we transform our annual spring party into an all-out street fair, with carnival-style games, prizes, live music, tasty food and delicious beer. Enjoy a variety of classic game tents with a brewery spin to benefit the Chesapeake Bay Foundation - Hampton Roads Office. CARNIVAL GAMES (Cost/Prizes for each game varies): Bottle Ring Toss, Feats of Strength, Duck Pond, Beer Can Alley, Dunk Tank, Sink-a-Putt, Bottle Flip, Recycle-a-Can, Cornhole Toss, Guess The Amount. BEER & FOOD: We’ll release a refreshing Alter(ed) Ego Saison w/ lemon & ginger alongside 12 other tasty brews flowing across 20 different taps. This includes 3 special “Brewer’s Choice” firkins to be released throughout the day. Enjoy delicious local eats from six different food trucks plus live music from Buckshot VB (12-3 pm) and Lucky 757 (4-7 pm). Bring the little ones, your dogs, grandma and anyone else looking to enjoy the day. Please note, there will be no growler fills this day. Admission is free!
Thu, Jun 15
- Red Sails and Ales Sunset Cruise with O’Connor Brewing, American Rover, 7:00 pm, 333 Waterside Dr., Norfolk. Join us aboard the American Rover for a craft beer tasting cruise. A representative from the Brewery will be on board to discuss the brewing process while you enjoy a smooth sunset cruise under sail on the Elizabeth River. A barbecue dinner from Beach Bully and live music by our ship’s musician are also included. $45 per person (Ages 21 and up). https://www.americanrover.com/special-events/red-sails-and-ales/
UPCOMING BEER FESTS AND FESTIVAL FORECAST:
Thu, May 25 - 2017 Bacon Bash: A Bacon, Beer & Bourbon Affair, The Virginia Living Museum, 7 - 9:30 pm, 524 J Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News. Celebrating the love of bacon, The Rotary Club of City Center Newport News will host its signature charity event featuring local restaurants serving up their best bacon-inspired dish! Guests will sample each dish throughout the evening and will have the opportunity to cast a vote for the People’s Choice Award to be presented at the end of the evening. In addition, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages will be available throughout the evening. Each guest will also receive two complimentary tickets for the bourbon tasting station. Bourbon to be provided by the history family-owned A. Smith Bowman Distillery. Proceeds from this charitable event will support The Rotary Foundation and a variety of local charities. Tickets are $50 each. http://baconbash.org/
Fri-Sun, Jun 2-4 - 18th Annual Blackbeard Pirate Festival, Mill Point Park, 100 Eaton St., Hampton. Once a year visitors from all over the country enjoy the sights and sounds of 18th century Hampton overrun by pirates. Hampton’s waterfront comes alive with dozens of pirate re-enactors, costumed in historically accurate garb, who transform today’s Hampton into the busy seaport of yesterday. Led by Blackbeard the Pirate himself, re-enactors help visitors step back in time and re-live the history and legends of 1718 Hampton. This year the festival has been honored by being named the 3rd best pirate festival in North America by USA Today. The Festival offers swashbuckling excitement, a variety of children’s activities, live musical entertainment, and reenactments and demonstrations. Saturday night concludes with a dazzling fireworks display. Food and beverages available for purchase. Arts & craft vendors abound! http://www.hampton.gov/2008/Blackbeard-Pirate-Festival
Sat, Jun 3 - Common Grounds: A Collaborative Brewer’s Festival, 4 - 8:00 pm, Hosted by Commonwealth Brewing Company, Holiday Trav-L-Park, 1075 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach. The 2nd Annual Common Grounds Collaboration Beer Fest & Camp Night on June 3rd is a carefully curated showcase of brewing badassery and creative expression of one time only flavors you don’t want to miss! Held in the beautiful wooded Sherwood Forest Campground at the Holiday Trav-L Park near the Virginia Beach oceanfront, indulge in the tastiest of adult beverages while hanging out with your favorite breweries! Then spend the night camping by the bonfire under the stars with your friends! Tix go on sale April 14th! Check www.commongroundsfest.comfor collab updates and ticketing!
Sat, Jun 3 - Zoo To Do: “White rhino Party”, The Virginia Zoo, 6 - 11:00 pm, 3500 Granby Street, Norfolk. The Virginia Zoo’s annual “Zoo To Do” celebrates the arrival of the Zoo’s newest members, two White rhinos with a “White rhino Party” on June 3, 2017. This year’s “Zoo to Do” invites the community to dance, feast, sip and take in the magnificent surroundings. This creative cocktail event will be held in the unique and captivating setting of the Virginia Zoo, providing party animals an adventure to mix and mingle with local community leaders, up-and-coming professionals, business owners and who’s who in Hampton Roads. For more information, and to check out the full Zoo To Do website, visit VaZooToDo.com!
Sun, Jun 4 - Barks & Brews, Norfolk Botanical Garden, 6700 Azalea Garden Road, Norfolk. Join us for the inaugural Barks & Brews as we launch Summer Sunday Dog Days. Barks & Brews allows visitors to bring their dogs into the Botanical Garden and socialize with other canines, all while enjoying beer, delicious food, and live music. The event is free, except you will need to purchase admission to the gardens to enter. Member’s dogs will get in for free, however, non-members will need to pay $5 for their dog’s admission.
Thu, Jun 8 - Brew at the Zoo and Vino Too, The Virginia Zoo, 6 - 9:00 pm, 3500 Granby St., Norfolk. The Brew at the Zoo is a magical beer tasting event located at the Virginia Zoo! There will be beer from O'Connor, Young Veterans, St. George, Smartmouth, Commonwealth, Bold Mariner, Devils Backbone and Back Bay Brewing for your tasting pleasure! Music by Cultivated Mind and a variety of vendors and food trucks! Don’t miss this wonderful experience and event! Tickets are only $40 at Brown Paper Tickets! Brought to you by Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads ( http://www.culturalli.org/ ) and Local Cheers ( www.localcheers.com ). http://m.bpt.me/event/2916294www.localcheers.com ). http://m.bpt.me/event/2916294
Fri-Sun, Jun 9-11 - Norfolk Harborfest, Town Point Park, Downtown Norfolk Waterfront. Celebrating America’s largest, longest-running, free maritime festival in its 41st year. For three memorable days, the historic waterfront festival offers a weekend packed with thrilling activities on land and sea to include tall ships and the Parade of Sail, artisan foods and beverages, work boat races, unique and unusual performances, one of the largest fireworks shows on the East Coast, family games and activities, national and regional entertainment, and much more. Free & open to the public! https://festevents.org/events/2017-season-events/norfolkharborfest/
Sun, Jun 11 - Jumpin’ Into Summer Fest, Firebrew, 12 - 5:00 pm, 1253 Nimmo Pkwy., Ste. 117, Virginia Beach. Ticket $25 includes: Beer or Wine sampling, One food item of choice, chance at door prizes, and souvenir cup. Tons of craft breweries: Young Veterans Brewing, Wasserhund Brewing, The Virginia Beer Company, Bold Rock Cider, Smartmouth Brewing, Tall Tales Brewing, Pleasure House Brewing, Trapezium Brewing, Wild Wolf Brewing, Alewerks Brewing, Starr Hill Brewing, Coelacanth Brewing and Hardywood Park Brewing. Six Wines presented by Mattew Fitzgerald from The Country Vintner. Live cooking demostration with our chefs. 50/50 Raffle, Door Prizes, Cornhole Tournament starting at 1:30 pm, with Prizes to first and second place.
Sat, Jun 17 - New Town Summer Fest, 12:30 - 5:00 pm, 4301 New Town Ave., Williamsburg. New Town Summer Fest benefits Meals on Wheels. There will be 15 different breweries with 30 different beers presented by M Price Distributing at the event. Enjoy your drinks while listening to live music from Johnny St. Clair and Julis Pittman & The Revival. EARLY ACCESS FOR ALL PRE-SALE TICKETS SOLD BEGINNING AT 12:30 PM. Pick them up at will-call the day of or pick up a physical ticket prior to the event. You will be e-mailed about this option once purchased. Cash sales begin at 1:30 pm the day of the event. PRIOR TO JUNE 6th $35 ea; June 6 - 16th $40 ea; June 17th at venue $50 CASH ONLY. Ticket includes glass and unlimited beverages from 15 breweries. Food is available from our food vendors, Center Street Grill, The Corner Pocket, or Cogan’s Deli.
Fri-Sun, Jun 23-25 - 28th Annual Bayou Boogaloo Music & Cajun Food Festival, Town Point Park, Downtown Norfolk Waterfront. From New Orleans to the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront, two stages featuring national recording artists providing diverse cultural musical entertainment. This is the most authentic food and music festival in the nation. No Bayou celebration would be complete without the mouthwatering Cajun delicacies prepared by authentic Louisiana inspired chefs. Festival guests are in for a real treat as they feast on fresh crawfish straight from Louisiana, jambalaya, gumbo, etouffee, alligator, muffuletta, andouille, and beignets; plus festival favorites like sno balls (discovered in New Orleans, by the way!), root beer floats, smoothies, Italian water ice, glazed nuts, kettle korn and funnel cake. Wash it all down with a variety of cold beverages including a fine selection of beers straight from New Orleans’ own Abita Brewing Company as well as New Orleans-born Southern Comfort Hurricanes. https://festevents.org/events/2017-season-events/bayouboogaloo/
Sat, Jul 8 - Red, White and Brew LAGERfest, Back Bay Brewing, 4 - 8:30 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Our 2nd Annual Red, White and Brew Summer Lager festival is July 8th! WE’RE BRINGING THE LAGER BACK! Event Features: Food trucks, Live Music, Stellar Beer-and maybe even a collaboration or two! More details coming soon!
Sun, Aug 6 - Whistle Belly: A Virginia Beer & More festival, presented by the Junior Woman’s Club of Williamsburg. Save the Date - More to come. Crafted by DoG Street Pub & presented by the Junior Woman’s Club of Williamsburg. 30 breweries, 80 beers, delicious eats and an all-day VIP area (limited tickets for VIP). Get VIP Access tickets to enjoy exclusive beers. Raffle of gifts from breweries & local businesses. Food by DoG Street Pub, Trellis Bar & Grill, Blue Talon Bistro & The Catering Company. Tickets available at www.whistlebelly.com & at Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop. Buy in advance and save up to $10. Advance Tickets: General Admission Food & Drink, $50; General Admission Food Only, $20; General Admission Drink Only, $40; VIP Access Food & Drink, $70. Proceeds benefit local non-profits and scholarships to high school students via the JWCW.
Sat, Aug 12 - Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival - Virginia Beach, Hunt Club Farm, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2388 London Bridge Rd., Virginia Beach. Expect this year to be bigger and better than ever! New expanded floorplan, so it’s not so crowded. All guests receive a Souvenir Glass for tastings, and the first 200 Guests in line for EACH SESSION receive a FREE “COLLECTIBLE BBBQ” Bag to celebrate the show. Unlimited Beer and Bourbon Tastings as you stroll from table to table and tent to tent. There are 40 Bourbons and 60 Beers on Tap. Enjoy, but please drink responsibly. BBQ Galore! Enjoy the great barbeque selection; pulled pork from whole hogs, ribs, brisket, chickens, sausages and any fixins’ you could imagine. We’ll keep the portions heavy and the prices low. BBQ is ala carte. Enjoy Seminars in the Tasting Theater with Master Distillers, Brewmasters, and Pit Masters from the Deep South. Listen To Live Rock & Blues Music and great Bluegrass on The Main Stage. Browse Cool Exhibits of Brewerania, Hot sauces, bbq accessories, and more.
Sat, Aug 19 - TAP! TAP! Craft Beer Festival, Greenbrier Farms, 2 - 7:00 pm, 225 Sign Pine Rd., Chesapeake. Chesapeake Virginia’s First Craft Beer Festival, now on its THIRD year. Unlimited free samples of over 30 beers available until 6 pm. Food available for sale from your favorite local food trucks. Entertainment by award winning local bands. Benefiting the children of Maison Fortune Orphanage in Haiti. (Event Held Rain or Shine. No Refunds) Tickets will be available online June 1, 2017. www.taptapfest.org
Sat, Sep 9 - 5th Annual 757 Battle of the Beers 2017, Hosted by Beach Ambassadors, 1 - 6:00 pm, Hunt Club Farm, 2388 London Bridge Rd., Virginia Beach. This year’s 757 Battle of the Beers is presented by The Whiskey Kitchen and Beach Ambassadors. This is the only festival in Hampton Roads that features every local 757 Craft Brewery as they battle it out to win in different beer categories - with 100% of the proceeds go to local Hampton Roads charities! Each year, local breweries put their best brews on tap and are rated by an official beer tasting panel and by attendees of the event to see which beer is the best in the 7-5-7. The one-of-a-kind event features live music, food, tastings of every beer (two beers from each brewery!), corn hole, giant beer pong, and more! This event is in its 5th year - and the battle will be bigger and better than ever before! Tickets now available: https://beachambassadors.myshopify.com/collections/tickets
Sat, Oct 7 - Crawlin’ Crab 5K and Craft Brew Fest, 8:30 am - 11:00 pm, Hampton Roads Convention Center, 1610 Coliseum Dr., Hampton. http://crawlincrabhalf.com/