PINT NIGHTS / TAP TAKEOVERS / KEG TAPPINGS: (Scroll down for Brew Festival listings)
Tue, Nov 29
- Hardywood Beer Dinner, Hearth Wood Fired Cuisine & Craft Beer, 6:30 - 10:00 pm, 605 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach. We are excited to announce another addition to our beer dinner series. The Tuesday after Thanksgiving we will be teaming up with Hardywood Park Brewery from Richmond to bring you a one of a kind pairings. Reception starts at 630pm. Tickets are $60 a person tax included . Beers to be featured are Hardywood Cream Ale, Hardywood Singel, Hardywood VIPA, Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Farmhouse Pumpkin, Gingerbread Stout and a taste of the Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread Stout. Call us today to reserve you seat or purchase here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hardywood-fall-beer-dinner-tickets-28877851431
- Trivia Tuesday, Home Republic, 7 - 9:00 pm, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach. What goes better with beer than a friendly competition for prizes? We are excited to have Trivia Tuesdays with Smartmouth Trivia and of course, food and drink specials!
- Steal the glass, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. $1 pint glass with a minimum $10 purchase.
- Taco Tuesday, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. It’s Tuesday! Can you say 1$ Taco Night? Every Tuesday this summer! Tonight starting at 5 pm: 1$ dollar shrimp, chicken or beef tacos! Come hungry!
- Two-Fiddy Tuesday, Pleasure House Brewing, 3 - 10:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. It’s Tuesday. The weekend is a dim memory, and Friday is so far away it might as well be in China. Break up your week with a trip to the friendliest brewery in Virginia Beach. We can’t tell you here what the Two-Fiddy is all about, but we’re pretty sure you’ll like it!
- Tuesday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. ‘Food Gangsters’ join us on the Commonwealth Patio Tue, November 29th. Nothing could be finer than some craft beer and delicious eats!
- OBH Gold Cup Specialty Variant Takeover, Tap It Local-Chesapeake, 6 - 9:00 pm, 648 Grassfield Parkway Suite 12, Chesapeake. Chili Chocolate Gold Cup: Designed to bring some extra heat as temperatures drop, Chili Chocolate Gold Cup is aged on chipotle peppers and cacao nibs. Horchata Gold Cup: Inspired by the flavor of Horchata Lattes, Horchata Gold Cup takes the contrasting flavors of smooth vanilla, spicy cinnamon, and our bold Russian Imperial Stout to create one unbelievable beer! Coconut Gold Cup: Aged on an abundant variety of coconut this variant has the unmistakable sweet aroma of a freshly opened fruit from this tropical tree. Sumatra Gold Cup: Few things pair as well with Russian Imperial Stouts as the smooth flavors of quality roasted coffee.
- Brew Ridge Trail Takeover, Tap It Local-Chesapeake, 6 - 8:00 pm, 648 Grassfield Parkway Suite 12, Chesapeake. Come try a collaboration beer between the five breweries on the Brew Ridge Trail: South Street, Starr Hill, Blue Mountain, Devils Backbone, and Wild Wolf. In addition, we will have two beers from each brewery on tap. We will have representatives present from each brewery as well as , the Brew Ridge Trail, and the World War Commission.
- Tasty Tuesday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Come join us every Tuesday for special discounts on draught beer from 3-9 pm!
- Virginia Beer Night, Hampton Taphouse, 4 - 9:00 pm, Downtown, 17 E. Queen’s Way, Hampton. Tuesday Night is Virginia Beer Night at Hampton Taphouse! Support Local Brewing and enjoy Virginia draft beers at a special price from 4 until 9 pm.
- “The Gravity Well” Book Signing at the Brewery, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 5:30 - 7:30 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Come meet Author and Hampton native Stephen Sandford for a book signing of “The Gravity Well!” Learn about his book and the astronomical ideas inside. Plus, we’ll have 'Suck On This BBQ’ here with their serious BBQ & homemade southern food.
- Thirsty Taco Tuesday, St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Tonight is Taco Tuesday! 'Stuft-Not your average street food’ will be here with us serving tasty eats to go beside your favorite beer! We will be serving til 7:30 pm.
- Ohms & Ale Yoga Class, Tradition Brewing Company, 6:30 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Tap into the fun and bliss of brewery yoga with Zenya Yoga. Suitable for beginner and experienced students, this class will challenge your balance, strength and flexibility through guided poses and breathing techniques. Experience balance as you alleviate the physical tension and mental stresses of the day. All levels welcome. Wear comfortable clothing you can move in and bring a mat and a friend! $15 for 75 min class and 1 pint. Plus, we’ll have 'Dezzie Rae’s Grill’ food truck starting at 4 pm.
- Evolution Steal the Glass Night, TRIANGLE, 6 - 11:30 pm, 601 Prince George Street, Williamsburg. For our last Steal the Glass Night + Trivia of November, we’re welcoming down Andrea Ruman Johnson with Evolution Craft Brewing Company! We’ll be pouring the delicious Pine'hop'le IPA (6.8% ABV) in honor of the coming holiday season (and Colonial Williamsburg’s Grand Illumination Colonial Williamsburg VA IS right around the corner!), as well as a few other fun drafts & bottles. Trivia with Matt at 8 pm!
Wed, Nov 30
- Half Price Wednesday, Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. Join us every Wednesday; any and every bottle of craft beer and wine is half off!
- Wasserhund Brewing Paint and Pint Night, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Paint and Pint night at Wasserhund Brewing Company! We love being able to paint and sample the new releases. Did you know you can order cans to go? Get your pizza, paint and have a pint, and take a six pack of all your favorites home. What could be better?!
- Trivia Night, Pleasure House Brewing, 7 - 9:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Trivia Night is coming back! Beat the heat and your friends at team trivia. The winning team gets a $40 gift card!
- Hump Day Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. We welcome 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ as they join the Commonwealth Brewing Company for dinner on Wednesday, Nov 30th. Fill your hands with prime ground beef crafted, to-order, deliciousness!
- Vinyl Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. If you like good music, good beer, and the sound of vintage vinyl, then come by and check us out every Wednesday, when we make this threesome happen. And feel free to bring in your own records to throw on our turntable, we’d love to see what you’ve got! We’ve got many draft options to choose from while enjoying the music.
- Free Tasting, bottleBOX-Craft Beer to Go, 5:30 - 8:00 pm, 325 W 21st St, Norfolk. Hey Norfolk! Looking to try some more great craft beers?!? Who’s ready for a trip to the farm? Join us to sample three delicious beers from Dallastown, PA’s Wyndridge Farm Brewing: Craft Cranberry Cider, Laughing Crow Session IPA, and Snow Owl Winter-Spiced Stout. See you then!
- Growler Power Hours, ExceptionAle, 3 - 8:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave., # 6, Norfolk. Come in and get your mid-week growler fill fix and save. All size growlers filled from all 41 taps are discounted.
- Bingo with Home Republic Brewery, Colley Cantina, 8 - 10:00 pm, 1316 Colley Ave., Norfolk, Virginia. Beers are in! Get ready for Home Republic’s King Kolsch, PB & Oats, and Darkside Imperial Stout! Come sip and play bingo on Wednesday! Beers will be tapped at 5 pm. Bingo is from 8-10 pm.
- Drink Specials, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. Happy Hump Day! Come out and enjoy a brew or two, with specials on Draught every Wednesday.
- Pete’s Pub Trivia, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm (open 4:30 - 9:00 pm), 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Now every Wednesday! Let Pete challenge your knowledge of random facts and information. No charge. Starts promptly at 6 pm. Teams of 6 or less. Winners may choose either glassware or growler as prize. Plus tasty food from 'Ferg’s Missing Ingredient’ food truck.
- The Birch’s 7 Hours of Firestone Walker, The Birch, 5:00 pm - Midnight, 1231 W Olney Rd., Norfolk. a mini festival brought to you by The Birch. We will be hosting a mini tap takeover featuring some of Firestone Walker’s most delicious beers! We will also be tapping one of our own vintage kegs of Double DBA, a beer no longer in production. We will also be serving the beers in a special Firestone Walker glass. Their regional rep, Chris, will be in attendance! Tap List: Nitro Merlin, Agrestic, Union Jack, Double DBA, Luponic, Distortion #004. Bottle Pours: Firestone XIX, Sucaba, Parabola, Stickee Monkee, Velvet Merkin.
- Alive Music, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 7 - 10:00 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Come on out and hang out at the pub while listening great local music. See you at the pub!
- Wednesday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have 'Taste of Brazil Authentic Brazilian Cuisine’ (Our mouths are already watering) on site at 4:30 pm to pair with our fresh Craft Beer, what could be better!?!
- Highland Steal the Glass, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. Join us for a great night of craft beer featuring Highland Brewing Company, from Asheville, NC.
- Weekly Group Run, Tradition Brewing Co., 6 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Burn and Brew tonight with Flat-Out Events & Point 2 Running Company! Join us at our group run at Tradition Brewing Co! We will meet there, run a 3-mile loop around City Center, and finish back at Tradition. Plus, there’ll be a 'Two Drummers Offbeat Eats’ Food Truck at Tradition starting at 4 pm, and of course, beer! There will also be complimentary Nuun hydration at the end of the run. Meet in front of the tasting room at 6 pm, all levels welcome.
- Hump Day Food Truck, The Virginia Beer Company, 6 - 9:00 pm (open at 4:00 pm), 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Join us every Wednesday, with 'Creekside Catering Co.’ out on the patio to help you get over the 'Hump’ with great food and great beer!
- Team Trivia Night, Alewerks Brewing Company, 7:00 pm (Open 12 - 9:00 pm), 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Every Wednesday in the taproom join us and bring your friends for a competitive fun game of Team Trivia! We’ll have 'Foodatude..Food with Attitude’ food truck to fill your belly from 5 pm, and 10 draft options to feed your mind. Raffle prizes up for grabs for all competitors and gift cards to top 3 finishers! Come early as space does fill up quickly!
- 5k Family Fun Run/Walk ft. O'Conner Brewing, Water Street Grille, 6 - 7:00 pm, 323 Water Street, Yorktown. Come join the Water Street Grille Run Club every Wednesday at 6 pm for a 5k run/walk through historic Yorktown and return to Water Street Grille upon completion for great deals on O'Connor Brewing Brews and food specials from Chef Brian Hines and his culinary team.
Thu, Dec 1
- Vinyl Night, Back Bay Brewing Company, 7-10:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Spinning records starting at 7 pm, hosted by BYO Records!
- Draft Beer Night, 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grill, 4 - 9:00 pm, VB Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach. Every Thursday we offer 50% off our rotating Drafts!
- Pint Night, Chicho’s More Than Pizza, 29th St., Virginia Beach. Each Thursday we switch out one of the taps with a new IPA or other craft beer. When you buy a pint of it you get the glass as a gift.
- Virginia Craft Beer Night, Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers.
- Pizza & Pint Night, Baker’s Crust, Hilltop, Ghent, Greenbrier & Williamsburg. Every Thu from 5 - 9:00 pm. Originating in Naples, Italy, our Neapolitan pizzas mimic that of the traditional Neapolitan Pizza using only 00 flour, hand-stretched dough, house-made fresh mozzarella & Italian tomatoes. Our pizzas are brought to life in our oak wood-fired oven, creating pizzas with an added layer of texture and flavor. $6 Pizzas, PLUS a Special Happy Hour from 4-9 pm.
- Ballast Point Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Hilltop, 5 - 9:00 pm, 754 Hilltop North Shopping Ctr., Virginia Beach. We’re doing it again! Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass. STPN featuring Ballast Point Brews and a chance to win a trip to the brewery in San Diego. Stop in for a pint (or three) THIS Thursday!
- Beer School, The Porch at Whole Foods Virginia Beach, 6:30-8:00 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join one of our beer experts on The Porch for a different topic each week. 21 years of age or older with valid ID, $6.50
- Free Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30-7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
- Float Night, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. What’s better than Ice Cream and Beer? Nothing.
- Pleasure House Brewing Art Night, Pleasure House Brewing, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Rule one: Don’t rinse your brush in your beer. There are no other rules…just don’t put paint in the beer. It’s too delicious. Click the discussion to chat with your instructor and see the sample we will be working from!! http://theartbarvirginia.com/event/pleasure-house-brewing-art-night/2016-12-01/
- Day Early Weekend, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. We’ll have '412Q BBQ’ here, dishing out their slow cooked deliciousness. It’s dinner done right with a cold beer or three!
- Monthly Trivia Night & Tap It Thursday, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. Another fun night of trivia is on tap at Big Ugly. Grab your smartest friends, your growler and come test your wits. Will Boris The Spider defend his title as Troy Trivia Champs? Will Big Woodys finally win? Will Brewed Theology or Cheezpuffs make a comeback? Why is No Bueno running scared? Will another team claim the December title? Fresh food by 'Tap It Local’. Think, Laugh, Drink! See you all there!
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Pizza Norfolk, 5:00 pm to close, Wards Corner, 7550 Granby St., Norfolk. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- Thursday Food Truck, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 5 - 10:00 pm, 116 E 25th St., Norfolk. Come out to the newest Microbrewery in Norfolk! Hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from one of our local food trucks.
- Growler Fill Thursday & Beers n Gyros Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Join us every Thursday for tasty drafts and discounts on all growler fills! Also, pair one of our delicious, hand-made beers with a mouth-watering gyro from 'NY Souvlaki’ food truck from 3-10 pm! Cheers!
- T-shirt Thursday, Coelacanth Brewing Company, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Remember every Thursday is T-SHIRT THURSDAY where you save when you support local business. 1 - Wear a T-shirt from a locally-owned Norfolk business or any Hampton Roads Brewery & get 10% off. 2 - Wear a T-shirt from Coelacanth & get 15% off. 3 - Buy a T-shirt for 25% off. Plus 'Soul Phylicious’ pop-up will be here with their comfort food menu.
- St. George Pint Night, The Public House, 6 - 9:00 pm, 1112 Colley Ave, Norfolk. Join The Public House and Hampton’s St. George Brewing for our weekly Pint Night. Come try their Russian Imperial Stout and some of their other delicious brews! Pours start at 6 pm! Glassware and beers are limited!
- Thirsty Thursday’s at Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. Come out every Thursday and enjoy specials on Growler Fills.
- Smartcade // Mario Kart Tournament, Smartmouth Brewing Co., 4:30 - 7:30 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Join us for our first Smartcade Tournament: Mario Kart 64!! FORMAT: . Each round = ONE race // Top TWO advance each round . Double-elimination . Finals & Grandfinals are ONE cup each . TOP 3 WINNERS will receive prizes. RULES: . No Shortcuts or cheats (If caught you will be ejected) . If two people want same character, it must be settled by rock, paper, scissors (obviously) . Please respect the space and have fun! Enjoy delicious Smartmouth brews and tasty pizza from The Bakehouse at Chelsea as you put your button-mashing skills to the test. Admission is free all you have to do is press start!
- Cheesemonger Thursday, The Birch, 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A special board is made to pair with the featured beer of the evening. Plus, buy a board get a cheese for free!
- Pint Nights at The Point, The Point at Phoebus - Spirits and Comfort Foods, 6:00 pm, 30 Mellen St E, # E, Hampton. Join us all month long as we feature beer from our brewery of the month. Every Thursday, come enjoy a local craft brew and keep the pint for a penny.
- Trivia Night, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 7 - 9:00 pm (open at 1:00 pm), 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Trivia every Thursday night 7 - 9 pm hosted by Team Trivia VB! Our doors are open from 1-9 pm and we’ll have 'Taste of Brazil Authentic Brazilian Cuisine’ on site at 4:30 pm. Trivia and authentic fresh-made Brazilian food, what could be better!?! Put on your smarty pants and head on over, Cheers!
- College Night, Tradition Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Show your college ID for a Pint Promo. Plus we’ll have 'Two Drummers Offbeat Eats’ starting at 4 pm.
- Slider Night, Dog Street Pub, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three unique sliders paired with three taste size beers ready to start your weekend early. Slider night tempts us, so get them while you can.
- Thursday Food Truck, The Virginia Beer Company, 6 - 9:00 pm (open at 3:00 pm), 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Join us with a great local food truck out on the patio to help you start your weekend early with great food and great beer.
- Alewerks Brewing Werk of Art Night, Alewerks Brewing Company, 6;30 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Check out the new releases available on tap at Alewerks Brewing Company and make a WERK of ART with The Art Bar Virginia. This month we will feature TERRARIUMS. http://theartbarvirginia.com/
Fri, Dec 2
- First Friday ViBe “Men’s Night”, 4 - 9:00 pm, ViBe (Virginia Beach Oceanfront Arts) District, Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach’s original and first community event is about sharing our passion for arts and the success of local business in The ViBe District VB with you! On the First Friday of each month businesses, restaurants and galleries extend their hours into the evening; offering special events, music, food, entertainment, etc. This Friday will feature Rum tastings at Chesapeake Bay Distillery, Holiday hand-drawn items at Igor’s Customs, Benevolent Design Furniture, as well as Art Installations from Dominique Holiday and Esoteric’s golden Boys, Devin and Andrew at Tenant E. So come out and join us! Meet new neighbors; bring the kids and your dog; park and walk…. or ride your bikes!
- WH2WH Celebration/ Kick-off to Charity of the Month, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 6 - 9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Volunteers from the Jim White Fitness Foundation just completed a 200+ mile relay run to the White House during National Homelessness & Hunger Awareness Week! And they raised over $25,000 for our LIFT programs that are run right here at shelters in the Hampton Roads area. We invite you to come out on Friday, December 2nd from 6-9pm to celebrate with us! We will be acknowledging our drivers and runners, have raffles, live music with Harrison Bounds, and a video montage of our journey from Virginia Beach to DC. ALSO, this event will kick off Jim White Fitness Foundation as the CHARITY OF THE MONTH at Wasserhund Brewing Company!! For the entire month of December, JWFF will receive a portion of all sales! So come out not only this night, but as often as you can this month!!
- Charlotte Hour, Lynnhaven Pub, 5-8:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Join us out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer, and grab a ready brew.
- Growler Fill Night, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. 20% off Growler Fills!
- Liberty Call, Pleasure House Brewing, 12 - 11:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. We will open at noon on Fridays for Liberty Call–an early start to the weekend for our many friends in the armed forces!
- Beer release/Food Truck Friday, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. MARVOLOSO is our outrageously decadent 11.6% ABV bourbon barrel aged imperial chocolate stout on nitro! This feat of liquid sorcery melds complex malts, oats and freshly dumped bourbon barrels into a blissful union of the smoothest dark chocolate, roasted malt and warming spirits! We can’t stop pulling nails! EGGNOG RIOT is our take on one of our favorite X-mas cocktails, a 9.7% abv bourbon barrel imperial blond cream ale, sweetened with milk sugar, spiced and served on nitro for a rich, creamy finish….available on nitro draft and 16 oz. 4-pack cans this Friday. Tonight we welcome 'Taste of Brazil’ authentic Brazilian cuisine to the patio for dinner. Great food and nice cold beer.
- First Firkin Friday, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. Every First Friday, we tap a cask of ale from our favorite local Brewery; Smartmouth Brewing. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!
- Food Truck Friday, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 5 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. Come out to the newest Microbrewery in Norfolk! Hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from a great local food truck.
- Food Truck Friday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. TGIF! Looking for somewhere different to go on Friday night that is friendly, lively, and FUN! Well then come on down y'all to the OBC where every Friday night we have good times, lots of our delectable craft beers. We are thrilled to have 'Stuft’ serving up their hefty tacos, burritos, and quesadillas from 3 - 10 pm! Cheers!
- Pop-up Friday, Coelacanth Brewing Company, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Welcome Pendulum Pop-up with their awesome house smoked Q.
- Food Truck Friday, Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. We welcome 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ in the beer garden with prime ground beef crafted, to-order, deliciousness!
- Food Truck Friday, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 4:30-9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Come start your weekend with tasty street food from 'Slammies’ food truck.
- Special Friday Night Beer and Cheese Pairing Menu, The Birch, 3:00 pm - 2:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
- Friday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 11:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Kick off your weekend right with great beer, delicious food, and friends and family, from 1 - 11:00 pm. 'The Grilled Cheese Academy - It’s All About The Cheese’, with be here with grilled cheese perfection, and just down the street will be the Grand Illumination in Phoebus!
- Live Music/Food Truck Friday, St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Come hang with one of our favorite food truck friends serving deliciousness, and jam to live music!
- Friday Night Flights, Tradition Brewing Company, 4 - 11:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News. Kick off your weekend right with discounts on flights of 4 and 6 samplings of our great local craft beer! And we’ll have 'Suck On This BBQ’ dishing up great chow, starting at 4 pm.
- Free Beer Tasting, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5-8:00 pm, Williamsburg. Come by every Friday to try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans. See you at 5 pm!
- Friday Night Live, The Virginia Beer Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Did you know we host live music on the beer garden EVERY Friday from 6-9 pm? Did you know we create a one-off Brewmaster’s Pin for EVERY Friday? Did you know we tap a new brew EVERY Friday? Come on down and kick-off your weekend the right way!
- Live Music Friday, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. See you at Alewerks for a Friday of fun and Live Music. Arrive early as we’ll have the 'Fife and Drum Corps’ live starting at 6 pm, and 'Two Drummers - Offbeat Eats’ Food Truck starting around Noon.
- Mike Connell and Herbie D Live, Brass Cannon Brewing, 6 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Herb Desseyn and Mike Connell team up to deliver acoustic performances of Appalachian Blues, jump blues, New Orleans inspired blues and a variety of popular music.
Sat/Sun, Dec ¾ - 2016 Fair Trade Festival, O'Connor Brewing Co., 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. The 15th Annual Fair Trade Festival features vendors with Fair Trade Certified goods or products made following fair trade criteria. There will also be live music and entertainment, food trucks and of course O'Connor Brewing Co. beers! Get your holiday shopping and help local families as well as families and communities in developing countries. Festival hours are Noon to 8 pm on Saturday, December 3rd and Noon to 5 pm on Sunday, December 4th.
Sat, Dec 3
- Beer Release, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 12 - 11:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Ste. 104, Virginia Beach. Join us for the release of Shock Diamond Double IPA as it returns to the taproom! We brewed this to temporarily replace Jet Noise around a year ago. It’s been requested so frequently that we decided to bring it back!
- Live Music & Food Trucks, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Hang out at our own backyard beach, grab some grub from one of our great local food trucks, and chill to live tunes.
- Commonwealth’s Annual Holiday Artisan Market, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. Kick off your holiday shopping and support your local artists and craftsmen at Commonwealth’s Annual Holiday Market December 3rd. We’ll have TWO holiday barrel-aged beer releases to help you get into the spirit! Live tunes by Bennett Wales and fare from 'Waffletina’ pop-up and 'HASHi’ food truck (am), and then 'The COOP’ food truck (pm). Shop a unique selection of craftswork, handmade gifts, and one of a kind art from North End Bag Co., artist Andy Harris, Barrel-Art, Ashton Keely leather goods, Todd Star Pottery, Adelle Impressions Jewelry, The Perch Shop, artist Michael Morgan, Jewelleah Design, The Farm Life, SRT Originals and more! Additionally, “Kid 2 Kid” will have a table of art and handmade gifts created by local youth to benefit St. Mary’s Home for disabled children and young adults.
- Saturday Food Truck, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 12 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. Come out to the newest Microbrewery in Norfolk! Hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from one of our local food trucks. Come out and have a beer!
- Grub & Tunes, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 12-7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Celebrate your Saturday with fresh local beer. 'Bite of Maine’ will be on-site all day with delicious grub, and live music from 'Buckshot’ 4:30-6:30 pm.
- Saturday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 11:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have 'Seoul 757 Tacos’ with their spicy Korean-styled handhelds!
- Yoga on Tap, The St. George Brewing Company, 9:30 am, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Our Tasting room is open from 10 am to 6 pm, but every Saturday morning we host 'Yoga on Tap’, a one hour Vinyasa flow yoga class, by Yaz Yoga.
- Saturday Food Trucks, Tradition Brewing Company, 12 - 11:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News. We’re set up to be a “Hollydazzle” Pre & Post Party spot. We’ll have both 'Sliders’ AND 'Potheads Mobile Catering & Eatery’ Food Trucks here at the Tap Room starting at Noon.
- Food Truck Frenzy, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. As we do the first Saturday of EVERY month, we’re teaming up with Street Food Revolutionaries to host not one but THREE food trucks at 401! Come for lunch and stay for dinner with live music all day, brewery tours, and a new holiday beer release! Food Trucks: Cast Iron Catering | Capt'n Crabby | FoodaTude..Food with Attitude. Live Music: Austin Miller 1-4 pm, Camp Howard 5-8 pm. Brewery Tours: 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm - first come, first toured!
- Saturday Food Truck Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Come relax and welcome fall while 'Dizzie Rae’s’ food truck serves up delicious treats the Bier Garden from 12 - 9 pm.
- Beer release, Brass Cannon Brewing, 12 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. On Saturday, we will be releasing this year’s incarnation of the Great Turkish Bombard. The GTB is a porter brewed with Turkish-style coffee. Dark roasted, fine ground ethiopian harrar coffee blended with cardamom seed creates a distinct flavor that any coffee lover will enjoy. The GTB will be available all winter long, but don’t miss out on being one of the first to get it this season!
Sun, Dec 4
- Growler Power Hours, Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 2 - 4:00 pm (open from 1 - 6:00 pm), 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. The weekend’s not over, from 2-4 pm we offer discounts on all growler and grenade fills.
- Growler Fills Sunday, Back Bay Brewing, 12 - 6:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Our new Sunday hours are 12-6 pm, and 64 oz. growler fills for $10!
- On Deck: Southern Grit Magazine Edition 007 Release Party, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7 - 10:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. Join us at Wasserhund Brewing Company on Sunday, Dec 4th for a night of entertainment (more TBA) and food demos from Chef David Hannah of Regular Chef Homemade Jams as we celebrate the release of 7th edition of Southern Grit Magazine “On Deck: The Faces Of Tomorrow’s Culinary Landscape”. This edition, our theme centers around highlighting members of the food industry in Hampton Roads that we strongly feel are beginning to break through and substantially enter the consciousness of local serious eaters. Also, as has come to be the practice at these fun nights, we will also have a few very delicious free raffle giveaways throughout the evening! Come join us for an honest conversation over food in Hampton Roads. www.southerngritmagazine.com
- Sunday Funday, Mix it Up, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Sunday Funday Backyard Party and $1 hot dogs all day long!
- Crockpot Sunday, Pleasure House Brewing, 6-8 pm (open 12-10:00 pm), 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Come eat our contestants’ crockpot creations! Try them all and vote. The winner gets PHB gift card! Just a minimum $3 donation that goes to charity and you too can be a judge!
- Sunday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. Join us in welcoming back 'Vicki Vail’s Gourmet Burgers’ and 'Grilled Cheese Academy’ as they join the Commonwealth Brewing Company on Sun, December 4th. Fill your hands with prime ground beef and grilled cheese crafted to-order deliciousness!
- Trapezium Tap Takeover, Tap It Local-Chesapeake, 6 - 9:00 pm, 648 Grassfield Parkway Suite 12, Chesapeake. Trapezium Brewing Co. takes its name from the iconic Trapezium House, just a few blocks to the west of our tap room and 30 barrel production facility. The historic building is a quirky three-story structure built with no right angles, and through the years all sort of stories and superstitions have been assigned to it. We see it as a metaphor - it’s a quirky building in a quirky town, where doing things differently usually gets the best results. Trapezium Brewing distributes it four core beers - White Ale, IPA, Session IPA, and their unique Lemon Honey Ginger.
- Tap It Local Pop Up Kitchen, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 12:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S., Chesapeake. Our friends from Tap It Local will be grilling up some burgers, bbq, crab cakes and shrimp to go with that Big Bold Beer at Big Ugly Brewing on Sunday’s from Noon to 4 pm so come hungry and thirsty.
- SIN, O'Connor Brewing Co., 12 - 7:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Sunday means Service Industry discounts all day at OBC! Whether you are a bartender or waitstaff, come by and enjoy 50% off all draft and merchandise at the brewery every Sunday. We want to show our love and appreciation for those of you in the hospitality business.
- Exception(andall) beers, ExceptionAle, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave, # 6, Norfolk. We are kicking off exception(andall) beers every Sunday. We’ll offer up extra flavors infused into already great beers issuing out Dogfish Randall.
- Sunday Salute, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2409 Bowden’s Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Discount on draught for all Active Duty Military and Veterans. Plus, 'Grilled Cheese Academy’ will be in the beer garden.
- Smartmouth Sunday, Smartmouth Brewing Co., 1 - 5:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Our tasting room will be open from 1 - 5 pm serving up delicious craft beer in its many vessels and offering all the Smartmouth swag you can get your hands on. Plus tasty treats from 'Poor Boys Burgers’.
- Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 10:30 - 11:30 am, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Sunday at 10:30 am for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food (Shrimp and Grits day!) and conversation.
- Sunday Football & Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ll have 'Dezzie Rae’s Grill’ here and Football!
- Sunday Food Truck, Tradition Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News. Finish up your weekend the right way, with great craft beer and great local food from 'VA Blue Crab’ food truck.
- Sunday Food Truck, The Virginia Beer Company, 12 - 7:00 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Join us with a great local food truck out on the patio to help you finish off your weekend with great food and great beer. Plus, Game day specials! Discounts on 32 oz. Crowler three-packs + cases of 12 oz. cans purchased on Sundays!
- Live Music and Steal the Vessel Sundays, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 5:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Every Sunday is Steal the Vessel on American style growlers and grunts. We’ll have the 'Tony Bob Merritt’, 2-4 pm live in the taproom, with home cooked pretzels, good vibes, and beer to live for.
Mon, Dec 5
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge, Ghent. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Trivia Night, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Mondays are the new Fridays at Wasserhund! Come test your skills with Trivia every Monday, from 7-9 pm. Drink beer, eat pizza, and win some great prizes! Bring yourself or a team of your smartest friends. You can win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes!
- Steal the Pint Night, HK on the Bay, 6-8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd., Virginia Beach. Here at Hk on the Bay we have a Steal the Pint Night EVERY Monday! For the month of November we decided to focus on nothing but Virginia Craft Beer for our pint night promotion. Stop by any Monday in November and get a free brewery pint glass with any Virginia craft beer purchase. It’s also 'All you can eat Wings night’, so Hang with us, eat some good food and drink some great beer.
- Military Monday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. It’s Military Monday, so all of you who currently serve, or have served, come join us for a pint & let us treat you like the MVPs that you are! As a token of our gratitude for your service, we will be offering a special discount EVERY MONDAY to all active duty, retired, and veteran military members. (Please present valid proof of service to receive discount)
- Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 5:45 - 6:45 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Monday at 5:45 pm for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food (Shrimp Night!) and conversation.
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night. Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
- Burger & Pint night, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Every Monday Burger & Pint night. Enjoy discounts on all of our hand crafted burgers and pints until 9 pm.
- Pub Run with Saucony, Point 2 Running Company & Whole Foods Newport News, 6:00 pm, 12080 Jefferson Ave, Ste. 910, Newport News. Join us for a group run featuring Saucony! All runners are welcome to test out Saucony shoes for a 3 mile out and back. This run will be featuring the Triumph ISO3, Guide 10, Kinvara 8, and… their newest shoe as of December 1st… the Freedom! The 3 mile runs will begin at Point 2 in The Marketplace at Tech Center and end with Happy Hour at Oyster Point Pub at Whole Foods Market Newport News. No registration required and runners of all levels are welcome. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- MugShot Mondays, Mellow Mushroom (Newport News, VA), 12090 Jefferson Ave.. Su. 1500, Newport News. MugShot Mondays all day Monday every week! Come by for one of the best drink specials on the peninsula!
- Steal the Glass, The Sandbar Grill and Pub, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm, 736 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News. Our weekly steal the pint night. $5 takes the pint with the glass and $5 fill ups til 9 pm.
- Dog Street Pub Running Club, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. A family & dog friendly casual running club in the Colonial area. We meet every Monday at DoG Street Pub. Run starts at 6 pm.
Tue, Dec 6
- Annual Samiclaus Vintage Keg Tapping, The Bier Garden, 7:00 pm, 438 High St., Portsmouth. Each year, in celebration of the season, we pull out a keg of the Classic Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg holiday brew, once known as the strongest beer in the world. Brewed only once a year on December 6, Samichlaus is aged for 10 months before bottling. This year’s keg will be from 2012! Call to make reservations!
- History on Tap, The Virginia Beer Company, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Join us at The Virginia Beer Company as the Virginia Historical Society, the Virginia Beer Museum, and Frank Clark (Colonial Williamsburg’s Master of Historic Foodways) present History On Tap: A Presentation & Guided Sampling of Historic Beer! Doors open at 5:30 pm and the program begins at 6 pm. Admission includes an evening of presentations, two 4 oz. samples, and guided tours of the brewery. One of the 4 oz. samples will be an historic beer brewed specifically for the occasion - a Molasses Brown Ale aged in Copper Fox Distillery whisky barrels. Additional beer (including beer to go) will be available for purchase throughout the event. Please be prepared to show a copy of your ticket (either printed or via smartphone). VHS Member cards are required to validate VHS Member tickets. Tickets: http://bit.ly/historyontapvbc
Wed, Dec 7
- Big Ugly Brewing Art Night, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. Join us at Big Ugly Brewing Company for a very beautiful night of creating crafts with artists and drinking craft brews. We bring the artist to instruct you and you bring your friends. If you’ve not been to Big Ugly Brewing Company you’re in for a treat. Enjoy the saison or their beautifully complex IPA’s on tap while we give you a chance to relax and get creative. All skill levels welcome! http://theartbarvirginia.com/event/biguglybrewingartnight-4/
- OBC & VGH Trivia Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 6 - 8:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Every 1st Wednesday of the month, our friends at Video Game Heaven host OBC’s Trivia Night! Round up your team of smartypants friends & come on down for a night of craft beer, trivia, prizes & some friendly competition! 'Karnage Asada’ be here to satisfy all of your hunger pangs & there will be plenty of flagship and seasonal beers on tap! Trivia starts at 6 pm with a $1 cash buy-in. Limit of 10 people per team. Tasting Room hours are 3-9 pm with last call at 8:30 pm. See you there!
- Larceny Bourbon Steal the Glass Night, TRIANGLE, 6 - 11;00 pm, 601 Prince George Street, Williamsburg. Thanks to our friends with Republic National Distributing Company, TRIANGLE is thrilled to be hosting a Steal the Glass Night, featuring Larceny Bourbon! Subscribe to our events tab to get a sneak peak of our December Steal the Glass partners!
Thu, Dec 8
- Coelacanth Brewing Art Night-Christmas Horseshoes, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. “Did someone say HORSESHOES?”….Bring your creativity and add the perfect touch of art to your holiday decor this Christmas!
- Beer Release, Smartmouth Brewing, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Brass Monkey Orange IPA. Come get funky with our tasty new IPA, inspired by the infamous orange-flavored cocktail. We’ve set the gold standard with a variety of floral and citrusy hops (Citra, Amarillo & 7c’s), before adding fresh blood orange puree and bitter orange peel. The result is a classy, tasty, high-ABV (7.5%) IPA, to keep you rockin’ this holiday season. Released on draft and in limited 16oz 4-packs so you can drink it anytime and anyplace.
Fri, Dec 9
- Pleasure House Tap Takeover, Kroger Marketplace Chesapeake, 3 - 9:00 pm, 1653 Sentinel Drive, Chesapeake. Grace at Kroger Growler Bar in Chesapeake is letting us pour some of our favorite beers: Glo Belgian Blond, Lynnhaven Coffee Cream Stout, Rudee Inlet DIPA, OBs Wattleseed Export Stout, Demure Diver Blackberry Chocolate Saison, and Liquid Communication Tripel. She’s awesome, the beer’s awesome, you’re awesome… what’s to lose?
Sat, Dec 10
- 1st Annual BMBC Santa Speedo Run & Christmas Party, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Join us for our 1st Annual Santa Speedo Run and Christmas Party. Dig out your bathing suits and Holiday cheer the Santa Speedo run is almost here!! A race T-Shirt and Beer Ticket package will be available for $20 the day of the event. Each participant is encouraged to bring a new unwrapped toy for TOYS FOR TOTS. Run will start at 12:30 pm a one mile open course. What you will need: Bathing suit (festive colors are preferred), Any holiday bling you can muster up, Running shoes, A bag to put you clothes in once the run starts, Please keep your speedo under your street clothes until its run time :). Live music and food by Karnage Asada. **PLEASE NOTE there is NO entry fee for this event. A beer ticket and t-shirt package can be purchased the day of the event. Participants are also encouraged to bring a new unwrapped toy for Toys For Tots. It is a FUN run on OPEN roads and sidewalks. All participants must obey traffic laws and participate at their own risk. **
Mon, Dec 12
- A Catered Affair: A Creekside Christmas Beer Dinner, The Virginia Beer Company, 6 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. The VBC family + the culinary team of Dorsie & Jason Reese would like to cordially invite you to join us for a Christmas beer dinner at The Virginia Beer Company. Enjoy pours of 6 beers to be paired with 5 dishes from Creekside Catering Co. In keeping with the festivities of the season, we’ll be setting up family-style seatings & servings inside of a holiday-inspired 401 so that we can spend the evening together celebrating our one-of-a-kind community! Doors open at 6 pm, first serving begins at 6:30 pm. $50 + tax & tip (per person). Full menu & pairings coming soon. Reservations required: ticket sales + link go live this week! Cheers from Williamsburg, VA!
UPCOMING BREW/BEER FESTS:
Sat, Dec 3 - Holiday Yule Log Bonfire & Christmas Market, Town Point Park, 12 - 8:00 pm, 201 Waterside Dr., Norfolk. Join us for a one-day Holiday Market in Town Point Park on the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront. The Holiday Market will coincide with the 3rd Annual Holiday Yule Log Bon Fire. This festive outdoor wonderland will feature unique and local crafters, a massive Yule Log bonfire, Christmas caroling with a take home carol book, and also a visit from the big-man himself, Santa Claus. During the festivities, hot chocolate, ciders, seasonal craft beer, mulled wine and other holiday treats will be available for purchase. Visit our website for more info! Website: https://festevents.org/events/2016-season-events/holiday-yule-log-bonfire/