PINT NIGHTS / TAP TAKEOVERS / KEG TAPPINGS: (Scroll down for Brew Festival listings)
Tue, Nov 8
- Trivia Tuesday, Home Republic, 7 - 9:00 pm, 328 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach. What goes better with beer than a friendly competition for prizes? We are excited to have Trivia Tuesdays with Smartmouth Trivia and of course, food and drink specials!
- Steal the glass, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. $1 pint glass with a minimum $10 purchase.
- Taco Tuesday, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. It’s Tuesday! Can you say 1$ Taco Night? Every Tuesday this summer! Tonight starting at 5 pm: 1$ dollar shrimp, chicken or beef tacos! Come hungry!
- Two-Fiddy Tuesday, Pleasure House Brewing, 3 - 10:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. It’s Tuesday. The weekend is a dim memory, and Friday is so far away it might as well be in China. Break up your week with a trip to the friendliest brewery in Virginia Beach. We can’t tell you here what the Two-Fiddy is all about, but we’re pretty sure you’ll like it!
- Tuesday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. Join us, and get your Latin/Asian Smackdown with ‘Karnage Asada’ on the patio for dinner on Tue, November 8th! Latin/Asian tacos and platters are what’s good to eat!
- Tasty Tuesday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Come join us every Tuesday for special discounts on draught beer from 3-9 pm!
- Devils Backbone Tap Take Over & Steal the Pint Night, 80/20 Burger Bar, 5:00 pm, 123 W 21st St., Norfolk. You all are going to need a beer after this Election Day. Devils Backbone is commandeering our lines for the evening, we will be serving up some of their staples and a few newbies plus you can take the glass. Forget voting Red or Blue, vote beers and burgers instead! Tectonic Barleywine, Part of the Peak Series, this complex, savory ale is clocking in at 11.6% ABV. Kilt Flasher Scotch Ale, Robust, malty and toffee notes, this brew is perfect for the change of season at 8% ABV. Eight Point IPA- An approachable and balanced IPA with lots of pine and citrus notes at 6.2% ABV. Vienna Lager, One of our favorites, this tasty amber lager is amazingly drinkable at 5.2% ABV. Gold Leaf Lager and Stripped Bass Pale Ale in cans, we will have a little something for everybody!
- Green Flash Bash at The Public House, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Help us welcome Green Flash Brewing Co. to the area with a week-long celebration of great beer, great food, and great friends! Every Green Flash brew purchased will enter you into a drawing for 2 tickets to Treasure Chest Fest on Saturday November 12th at the brand new Green Flash Brewing - Virginia Beach facility! Tonight is Trivia Night with swag giveaways. Cheers!
- Virginia Beer Night, Hampton Taphouse, 4 - 9:00 pm, Downtown, 17 E. Queen’s Way, Hampton. Tuesday Night is Virginia Beer Night at Hampton Taphouse! Support Local Brewing and enjoy Virginia draft beers at a special price from 4 until 9 pm.
- Tuesday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. 'Dezzie Rae’s Grill’ (It’s just like being at a nice fall barbecue without all the work!). Come watch the election results with us, we know you’ll need a few beers anyways.
- Thirsty Taco Tuesday, St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Tonight is Taco Tuesday! 'Stuft - Not your average street food’ and Sinful Treats are here with us serving tasty eats to go beside your favorite beer! We will be serving til 7:30 pm.
- Red, White, & Brew, Tradition Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. show your I Voted sticker for a Pint Promo. Plus we’ll have 'Creekside Catering Co. Food Truck here to satisfy your hunger
- Ohms & Ale, Tradition Brewing Company, 6:30 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd. Newport News. Join us for our first Ohms & Ale with Zenya Yoga & Massage Studio. $15 for one pint and a 75 minute yoga class. All levels welcome, bring a mat and a friend! Purchase at the tasting room bar.
- Mule Variations: A New Amsterdam Steal the Glass Night, TRIANGLE, 6 - 11:00 pm, 601 Prince George Street, Williamsburg. A new semester, a new opportunity to snag a sweet Moscow Mule mug, courtesy of TRIANGLE & New Amsterdam Spirits! Remember how you awkwardly contemplated stealing that copper mug from that one bar you were at a few months ago? We’ve got you covered. Steal away. Buy the Mule, “steal” the mug! Trivia at 8 pm!
Wed, Nov 9
- Half Price Wednesday, Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. Join us every Wednesday; any and every bottle of craft beer and wine is half off!
- Trivia Night, Pleasure House Brewing, 7 - 9:00 pm, 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Trivia Night is coming back! Beat the heat and your friends at team trivia. The winning team gets a $40 gift card!
- Bikes and Beers with REI, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 6 - 7:00 pm (open 3 - 10:00 pm), 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. Join REI’s certified bike technician to learn how to lube a chain, fix a flat tire in record time, and make other minor adjustments to your bicycle that will keep you riding smoothly and prolong your bike’s life. Learn the signs to know for when your bike needs a tune-up, and how to identify which parts need to be replaced. We’ll also cover rider safety. (No experience needed - No need to bring your own bike / tools.) We will work together to do some hands-on practice. Come early to grab a pint and stay late to have one more! Admission is free. Also, HASHi joins us on the Commonwealth Patio with their organic Asian meals on Wednesday, November 9th. Nothing could be finer than some craft beer and delicious eats!
- Big Ugly Brewing Art, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S., Chesapeake. Join us at Big Ugly Brewing Company for a very beautiful night of creating crafts with artists and drinking craft brews. We bring the artist to instruct you and you bring your friends. If you’ve not been to Big Ugly Brewing Company you’re in for a treat. Enjoy the saison or their beautifully complex IPA’s on tap while we give you a chance to relax and get creative. All skill levels welcome! http://theartbarvirginia.com/
- Vinyl Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. If you like good music, good beer, and the sound of vintage vinyl, then come by and check us out every Wednesday, when we make this threesome happen. And feel free to bring in your own records to throw on our turntable, we’d love to see what you’ve got! We’ve got many draft options to choose from while enjoying the music.
- Free Tasting, bottleBOX-Craft Beer to Go, 5:30 - 8:00 pm, 325 W 21st St, Norfolk. Hey Norfolk! Looking to try some more great craft beers?!? Come say “Hi!”, sample some new brews, and discover a new favorite.
- Growler Power Hours, ExceptionAle, 3 - 8:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave., # 6, Norfolk. Come in and get your mid-week growler fill fix and save. All size growlers filled from all 41 taps are discounted.
- After Election Blues Party, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 6 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Our long national nightmare is finally over. The election that is. And whether your candidate won or didn’t win - we can all breath a collective sigh of relief that - at least for today - we get a break from ads, debates, childish name calling, emails, stupid comments, and polls. Special Blues performance by the Campbell Stevens Project. Plus, we’ll have 'Get Stuffed’ with their monster burritos to fill your rumbly tummies.
- Ardent Steal A Pint, Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint Norfolk, 6 - 9:00 pm, 131 Granby Street Suite A, Norfolk. Join us for a Steal a Pint with Ardent Craft Ales! We will being pouring four of this Richmond, Virginia based brewery’s beer on draft, and there will be limited pint glasses for the taking. We will also be rolling out a special freestyle, so stay tuned. On Draft: Sweet Potato Sage, Honey Ginger, Stortebeker, One more TBA.
- Bingo with Hardywood Craft Brewery, Colley Cantina, 5 - 10:00 pm, 1316 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Hardywood Craft Brewery will be joining us Wednesday, November 9th for our Pints and Prizes Bingo! Beers tapped at 5 pm, bingo is from 8-10 pm. Brewery swag for prizes. Featuring Pils, Singel, VIPA, and Farmhouse pumpkin ! Don’t miss out!
- Green Flash Bash at The Public House, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Help us welcome Green Flash Brewing Co. to the area with a week-long celebration of great beer, great food, and great friends! Every Green Flash brew purchased will enter you into a drawing for 2 tickets to Treasure Chest Fest on Saturday November 12th at the brand new Green Flash Brewing - Virginia Beach facility! Tonight is Green Flash Tower Takeover with Cellar 3 exclusives and Green Flash favorites. Cheers!
- Evening of Firsts With HR Growler at The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5:30 - 8:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. It’s an Evening of Firsts at Bold Mariner Brewing in Norfolk with HR Growler. Enjoy a First Taste of Bold Mariner’s New Beer Release: Tropic Thunder, New England IPA and a First Look at the New Growler Magazine before it comes out! Also enjoy food from Cogan’s, Music by Dustin Furlow and win prizes and get FREE Swag from Bold Mariner and HR Growler.
- Pete’s Pub Trivia, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm (open 4:30 - 9:00 pm), 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Now every Wednesday! Let Pete challenge your knowledge of random facts and information. No charge. Starts promptly at 6 pm. Teams of 6 or less. Winners may choose either glassware or growler as prize. Plus tasty food from 'Poor Boys Burgers’ food truck.
- Beer Education, The Birch Bar, 5:00 pm - Midnight, Chelsea, 1231 W. Olney Rd., Norfolk. We feature special tappings of rare beer, we pour crazy bottles by the glass, and we even sometime incorporate food into it!
- Alive Music, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 7 - 10:00 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Come on out and hang out at the pub while listening great local music. See you at the pub!
- Wednesday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. 'The Grilled Cheese Academy - It’s All About The Cheese’ (Heavenly…just heavenly.)!
- Weekly Group Run, Tradition Brewing Co., 6:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Burn and Brew tonight with Flat-Out Events & Point 2 Running Company! Join us at our group run at Tradition Brewing Co! We will meet there, run a 3-mile loop around City Center, and finish back at Tradition. Following the run, there will be a Food Truck at Tradition and, of course, beer! There will also be complimentary Nuun hydration at the end of the run. Meet in front of the tasting room at 6:00, all levels welcome.
- Team Trivia, Tradition Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Grab your smartest friends and join us for Tradition Team Trivia hosted by Team Trivia VB! Be the winning team and you could snag yourself a gift certificate or free swag. Plus, 'Karnage Asada’ Food Truck will be here to dish out their Latin Asian smackdown, from 4 pm.
- Bells Steal The Glass, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. We have a great night of craft beer & food for you. We’ll have Craft Brew selections and pint glasses from Bell’s Brewery, from Kalamazoo, MI.
- Hump Day Food Truck, The Virginia Beer Company, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Join us every Wednesday, with 'Creekside Catering Co.’ out on the patio to help you get over the 'Hump’ with great food and great beer.
- Team Trivia Night, Alewerks Brewing Company, 7:00 pm (Open 12 - 9:00 pm), 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Every Wednesday in the taproom join us and bring your friends for a competitive fun game of Team Trivia! We’ll have 'Offbeat Eats by Two Drummers Smokehouse’ food truck to fill your belly from 12 pm, and 10 draft options to feed your mind. Raffle prizes up for grabs for all competitors and gift cards to top 3 finishers! Come early as space does fill up quickly!
- 5k Family Fun Run/Walk ft. O'Conner Brewing, Water Street Grille, 6 - 7:00 pm, 323 Water Street, Yorktown. Come join the Water Street Grille Run Club every Wednesday at 6 pm for a 5k run/walk through historic Yorktown and return to Water Street Grille upon completion for great deals on O'Connor Brewing Brews and food specials from Chef Brian Hines and his culinary team.
Thu, Nov 10
- Vinyl Night, Back Bay Brewing Company, 7-10:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Spinning records starting at 7 pm, hosted by BYO Records!
- Draft Beer Night, 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grill, 4 - 9:00 pm, VB Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach. Every Thursday we offer 50% off our rotating Drafts!
- Pint Night, Chicho’s More Than Pizza, 29th St., Virginia Beach. Each Thursday we switch out one of the taps with a new IPA or other craft beer. When you buy a pint of it you get the glass as a gift.
- Tap Takeover Thursday with Green Flash Brewery, Home Republic, 6:00 pm, 328 Laskin Rd., Virginia Beach. This week’s TAP TAKEOVER THURSDAY (Nov 10) is with our newest Virginia Beach Brewery; Green Flash Brewing. Come out to Home Republic and steal a pint of this awesome 'soon to be’ VA craft beer! The Tap Lineup: Treasure Chest, Sea to Sea, Passion Fruit Kicker, Alpine Willy Vanilly.
- Virginia Craft Beer Night, Tapped Gastropub, East Hilltop, 1550 Laskin Rd #198, Virginia Beach. $3 Pints of local and regional craft beers.
- Pizza & Pint Night, Baker’s Crust, Hilltop, Ghent, Greenbrier & Williamsburg. Every Thu from 5 - 9:00 pm. Originating in Naples, Italy, our Neapolitan pizzas mimic that of the traditional Neapolitan Pizza using only 00 flour, hand-stretched dough, house-made fresh mozzarella & Italian tomatoes. Our pizzas are brought to life in our oak wood-fired oven, creating pizzas with an added layer of texture and flavor. $6 Pizzas, PLUS a Special Happy Hour from 4-9 pm.
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Hilltop, 5 - 9:00 pm, 754 Hilltop North Shopping Ctr., Virginia Beach. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- Beer School, The Porch at Whole Foods Virginia Beach, 6:30-8:00 pm, 1800 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach. Join one of our beer experts on The Porch for a different topic each week. 21 years of age or older with valid ID, $6.50
- Hardywood Park Tap Invasion + Charity Event, Tubby’s Tavern, 5:00 pm - Midnight, 2224 Virginia Beach Blvd., Ste. 113, Virginia Beach. We’re pouring thirteen Hardywood Park Craft Brewery brews and supporting Wreaths Across America to put a wreath on EVERY fallen hero’s grave at Arlington National Cemetery for the holidays. Live Music by: Adam Maddock + The Double Shots. ON TAP: Singel, Pils, VIPA- Virgindia Pale Ale, The Great Return, Farmhouse Pumpkin, Bourbon Cru, Berlinerweisse, Virginia Blackberry, Bourbon Sidamo Coffee Stout, Peach Tripel, Vinalia Urbana, Gingerbread Stout (2016), RVA IPA!
- Free Beer Tasting, Grape & Gourmet, 4:30-7:00 pm, 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach. Come see what Gabe is pouring for tonight’s tasting. Five new beers every week!
- Float Night, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. What’s better than Ice Cream and Beer? Nothing.
- Day Early Weekend, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 11:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. We’ll have '412Q BBQ’ here, dishing out their slow cooked deliciousness on Thursday. It’s dinner done right with a cold beer or three!
- YVBC Tap Takeover, Applebee’s | Kempsville, 5 - 8:00 pm, 1426 Kempsville Rd., Virginia Beach. Join us as Young Veterans Brewing Company takes over our taps!
- Tap It Thursday, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd S, Chesapeake. Join us for Thirsty Thursday! Tyler from Tap It Local will be chef-ing up a tasty sample menu, including burgers & crab cakes, so come thirsty and hungry!
- Pi(e)nt Night, Your Pie Pizza Norfolk, 5:00 pm to close, Wards Corner, 7550 Granby St., Norfolk. Every Thursday night, order a pint from our Brewery of the Month and keep the glass.
- Thursday Food Truck, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 5 - 10:00 pm, 116 E 25th St., Norfolk. Come out to the newest Microbrewery in Norfolk! Hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from one of our local food trucks.
- Growler Fill Thursday & Beers n Cheezies Night, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. Join us every Thursday for tasty drafts and discounts on all growler fills! Also, It’s all about the Cheese!!! Come out and visit us for 'Grilled Cheese Academy’ from 3-10 pm. These sandwiches are more than Gouda ‘Nuff! Cheers!
- T-shirt Thursday, Coelacanth Brewing Company, 4:30 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Remember every Thursday is T-SHIRT THURSDAY where you save when you support local business. 1 - Wear a T-shirt from a locally-owned Norfolk business or any Hampton Roads Brewery & get 10% off. 2 - Wear a T-shirt from Coelacanth & get 15% off. 3 - Buy a T-shirt for 25% off. Plus 'Soul Phylicious’ pop-up will be here with their comfort food menu.
- Coelacanth Brewing Art Night, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Co, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. Come see what CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company is brewing up with paint and pints featuring The Art Bar Virginia! We bring the instructor and everything you will need to make a one of a kind creation. You just bring yourself or a group of friends. http://theartbarvirginia.com/event/coelacanth-brewing-art-night-2016-09-29/
- Green Flash Bash at The Public House, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Help us welcome Green Flash Brewing Co. to the area with a week-long celebration of great beer, great food, and great friends! Every Green Flash brew purchased will enter you into a drawing for 2 tickets to Treasure Chest Fest on Saturday November 12th at the brand new Green Flash Brewing - Virginia Beach facility! Tonight is Green Flash Pint Night. Cheers!
- Thirsty Thursday’s at Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 5 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd, Norfolk. Come out every Thursday and enjoy specials on Growler Fills and food by 'Karnage Asada’ in the beer garden.
- Beer Release, Smartmouth Brewing Co., 4:30 - 7:30 pm, 1309 Raleigh Ave., Norfolk. Holiday Helper Red IPA. This ale, copiously dry-hopped, boasts a crisp, sweet, spicy aroma. Its chocolate and caramel malts stand up to New Zealand’s Southern Cross hops’ piney flavor, making this beer dangerously clean and smooth. Plus, enjoy delicious Smartmouth brews and tasty pizza from The 'Bakehouse at Chelsea’!
- Cheesemonger Thursday, The Birch, 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A special board is made to pair with the featured beer of the evening. Plus, buy a board get a cheese for free!
- Pint Nights at The Point, The Point at Phoebus - Spirits and Comfort Foods, 6:00 pm, 30 Mellen St E, # E, Hampton. Join us all month long as we feature beer from our brewery of the month. Every Thursday, come enjoy a local craft brew and keep the pint for a penny.
- Slider Night, Dog Street Pub, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. Every Thursday is Slider Night. Three unique sliders paired with three taste size beers ready to start your weekend early. Slider night tempts us, so get them while you can.
- Trivia Night, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 7 - 9:00 pm (open at 1:00 pm), 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Trivia every Thursday night 7 - 9 pm hosted by Team Trivia VB! Our doors are open from 1-9 pm and we’ll have 'Stuft- Not Your Average Street Food’ (Our mouths are already watering) on site at 4:30 pm. Trivia, Burritos, and Burgers, what could be better!?! Put on your smarty pants and head on over, Cheers!
- College Night, Tradition Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. Show your college ID for a Pint Promo. Plus we’ll have 'Poor Boys Burgers’ Food Truck here to fill your hands with tasty goodness.
- Williamsburg Tasting Trail Craft Brewery Tour with Lunch, The Virginia Beer Company, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. $54. The Historic Triangle has three incredible Craft breweries for you to visit in style aboard a luxury Kingsmill Resort Coach. We will depart from The Virginia Beer Company (401 Second Street, Williamsburg, VA) at 11am with our driver and guide aboard and head to AleWerks Brewery, for a lively discussion about beer and the history of beer, followed by a tour of the brewery, including sample a flight of beers. Next Stop, Brass Cannon Brewing to see their new tasting and taproom and enjoy sampling a flight. Then lunch at Second Street Bistro, a locals favorite since 1985. After lunch, we will return to Virginia Beer Company for our final visit. Enjoy this retro styled brewery and at your leisure and depart whenever you are finished. https://kiosk.eztix.co/kiosk-optimised/268172
- Wrenish Rye Can Release, The Virginia Beer Company, 3:30 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Our third ever can release featuring Wrenish Rye Dry-Hopped Amber! And what better way to spend a Fall evening than on the beer garden, We’ll have 'Offbeat Eats by Two Drummers Smokehouse’ food truck here for your hunger needs.
Fri, Nov 11
- YVBC Grand Re-Opener, Young Veterans Brewing Company, 3 - 11:00 pm, 2505 Horse Pasture Rd., Ste. 104, Virginia Beach. Join us here at the newly expanded taproom on November 11th, Veterans Day, for TWO major Young Veterans Brewing Co. events: Our Buy A Veteran A Beer (BAVAB) is back again this year, as usual! Between October 26th and November 11 you can buy a Veteran a beer for them to drink on Veterans Day. We will also be holding the Grand Re-Opener of our NEWLY EXPANDED TAPROOM! That’s right, if you didn’t know already, we’ve been expanding for the last 6 months and our taproom will finally be finished on Nov 11th! Come celebrate Veterans Day at YVBC! We will have more beer on tap than we ever have before!
- Veteran’s Day Keg Tapping, Tapped Gastropub, 8:00 pm, 1550 Laskin Rd., Ste. 198, Virginia Beach. In celebration of Veteran’s Day we will be tapping kegs with ties to Veterans. THE WIPER TIMES 14 by Brewery Kazematten is a blonde, top-fermented specialty beer (6.2% ABV), brewed using four different grains, and hopped only using hops from the local area. It’s also finished with four herbs - which brings us back to the connection with its 'underground’ newspaper namesake. The brewery is located in a previous bomb shelter/base of operations in Belgium during World War I http://belgium.beertourism.com/blog/new-brewery-de-kazematten-opens-ieper Also available will be two kegs from Young Veterans Brewing Company. Their staple beer PINEAPPLE GRENADE, a pineapple Hefeweizen (5.6% ABV); and their newest release, GOAT LOCKER Breakfast Stout (11% ABV). They brewed this Imperial chocolate, coffee, oatmeal, milk stout and dedicated it to those grizzled Veterans. They used the finest locally roasted expresso blend from Cafe Stella from neighboring Norfolk.
- Charlotte Hour, Lynnhaven Pub, 5-8:00 pm, 2236 W Great Neck Rd., Virginia Beach. Join us out on the patio sampling some tasty brews. Come by, talk beer, and grab a ready brew.
- Growler Fill Night, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 5:00 pm, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. 20% off Growler Fills!
- Release the Cans, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 6:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. Dem Cans tho… Come celebrate the release of our first cans of Wapatoolie, Papi Chulo, Aureole and Marvolo (nitro can). Cans will be available in the tasting room at noon! Also, 'The COOP’ is loose at Commonwealth Brewing Company on the patio on Friday, November 11th. Fly by for some of the best gourmet eats around and your favorite craft beer!
- Firkin Friday, Cogan’s Pizza North, 6:00 pm, 4311 Colley Avenue, Norfolk. Every Friday, we tap a cask of ale from a favorite local Brewery. Come out and enjoy some REAL BEER!
- Food Truck Friday, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 5 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. Come out to the newest Microbrewery in Norfolk! Hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from a great local food truck.
- Food Truck Friday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. TGIF! Looking for somewhere different to go on Friday night that is friendly, lively, and FUN! Well then come on down y'all to the OBC where every Friday night we have good times, lots of our delectable craft beers, and 'Bro’s Fish Tacos’ has got all the fresh bites from 3-10 pm! Cheers!
- Old Bust Head Tap Takeover, Belmont House of Smoke, 6:00 pm, 2117 Colonial Ave., Norfolk. Join us as we celebrate our veterans with a Tap Takeover! We’ll have 3 great beers from OBH, including the much anticipated just released Caramel Macchiato Stout! Veterans will take home a free pint glass & OBH will be on hand to talk all things beer.
- Green Flash Bash at The Public House, 1112 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Help us welcome Green Flash Brewing Co. to the area with a week-long celebration of great beer, great food, and great friends! Every Green Flash brew purchased will enter you into a drawing for 2 tickets to Treasure Chest Fest on Saturday November 12th at the brand new Green Flash Brewing - Virginia Beach facility! Tonight is Green Flash Friday Night Flights Night. Cheers!
- Veterans Day at BMBC, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 4 - 9:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Through the month of October until November 10th we will be running our Buy a Beer for a Veteran Campaign. Patrons have the opportunity to pre purchase a beer for a Veteran we ask that you fill out a card with your name and a short message. Cards and Beers will be distributed on November 11th to Veterans. Bold Mariner Coconut Stout is kegged and ready to go for Veterans Day this Friday! Vets can come in and enjoy their first beer free thanks to our awesome customers who have been buying Vet Beers for the last month. 'Karnage Asada’ will be out with their truck. Come Hungry, Come Thirsty! See you Friday
- Monthly trivia, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 6 - 8:00 pm, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Troy Trivia & Entertainment will run our Monthly trivia on the 11th from 6-8 pm. Come out and enjoy some great beer, food and mind boggling fun!
- Food Truck Friday, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 4:30-9:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Come start your weekend with the Latin Asian Smackdown from 'Karnage Asada’ food truck.
- Special Friday Night Beer and Cheese Pairing Menu, The Birch, 3:00 pm - 2:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd, Norfolk. A way to offer a bridge between our beer menu and our cheese! The pairings can be ordered individually or they can be ordered together as a flight!
- Food Truck Friday & Live Music at The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 7 - 10:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Come enjoy Veteran’s day with a live music performance from Audio Portrait! Kick off your weekend right with great beer, delicious food, and friends and family from 1 - 11 pm. We’ll have 'Taste of Brazil Authentic Brazilian Cuisine’ (bet you can’t have just one empanada!).
- Live Music/Food Truck Friday, St. George Brewing Company, 4 - 8:00 pm, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Come hang with one of our favorite food truck friends serving deliciousness, and jam to live music!
- Veterans Welcome / Friday Night Flights / Live Music, Tradition Brewing Company, 4 - 10:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News. Veterans wear your uniform or have proof of your military service for a Pint Promo, or Kick off your weekend right with discounts on flights of 4 and 6 samplings of our great local craft beer! Plus 'Sliders’ Food Truck will be here dishin up from 4 pm. And we’ll have 'Fine Swiss Cheese’ in the Taproom bringing the Live Tunes!
- Mead Tasting, DoG Street Pub, 5 - 8:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St., Williamsburg. Come out to DoG Street Pub on November 11th and recover from the 2016 election by tasting all the delicious meads Melo Lion has to offer.
- Free Beer Tasting, Hair of the DoG Bottle Shop, 5-8:00 pm, Williamsburg. Come by every Friday to try what’s new and grab a growler to go from one of our 8 Taps, or large selection of craft bottles and cans. See you at 5 pm!
- Friday Night Live, The Virginia Beer Company, 1 - 9:00 pm (open at noon), 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Live Music & Food Truck every Friday in the Beer Garden, plus a new Brewmaster’s Pin. We’ll have a Friday Brewmaster’s Pin tapped around 3ish, Live Music & 'The Grilled Cheese Academy’ Food Truck in the Beer Garden, from 1-9 pm. What better way to spend your Friday Night, than on our beer garden patio to help kick off your weekend with great food, music and great beer.
- Live Music Friday, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. See you at Alewerks for a Friday of fun and Live Music. Arrive early as we’ll have 'Felicia Hoyos’ bringin the live tunes starting at 5:30 pm, and 'Poor Boys Burgers’ Food Truck starting around Noon.
- Live Music: Nathan Lienard, Brass Cannon Brewing, 6 - 9:00 pm, 5476 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg. Brass Cannon will host acoustic rock musician Nathan Lienard. Nathan plays acoustic rock and cites Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Josh Ritter and Nick Drake as influences to his style. He released his first CD in June 2009, titled “The Road Is Long”. 'Dezzie Rae’s mobile grill’ will be here all day serving food stuffs americana, and we will be pouring tasty beers all night!
Sat, Nov 12
- Treasure Chest Fest Virginia Beach, Green Flash Brewing - Virginia Beach, 12 - 5:00 pm, 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. Join us for our largest and most anticipated rare beer event of the year! For the 3rd year in a row, Treasure Chest Fest will serve as a fundraiser for local Breast Cancer charity Susan G Komen for the Cure, Tidewater. The tropical Hawaiian Luau theme is back by popular demand so grab your best Tiki attire! Hawaiian shirts, grass skirts and retro-inspired island kitsch apparel encouraged. All tickets include food and beer pairings, commemorative glass and festival flair! Live music by Jesse Chong. Restaurants: DoG Street Pub | Home Republic | Karnage Asada | Lynnhaven Pub | Tubby’s Tavern | Y Not Italian | Jakes Smokehouse Bar-B-Que | My Yummy Goodness | Twisted Sisters Cupcakes & Sugar Shack Cafe. Specialty taps include: Treasure Chest IPA | Sepia Frumento | Blanc Tarte Barrique | Divine Belgique | Lustrous frumento w/ Mostra Coffee | Natura Morta Boysenberry | Nelson (Alpine) | Oculus Sauvage w/ Blackcurrant | Eloquent Frumento | Barroque Belgique | Ideal Belgique | Illuminated Frumento. Specialty casks include: West Coast IPA | Imperial IPA Duet (Alpine) | Hoppy Birthday (Alpine) + more to come. GET TICKETS: https://treasurechestfestvb.eventbrite.com/
- Green Flash & Alpine Beer Pint Nite, 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grille, 6 - 9:00 pm, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach. Welcome Green Flash & Alpine Beer to the neighborhood! We will have Passion Fruit Kicker, Sea to Sea Lager, Treasure Chest & Alpine Duet, Pure Hoppiness and Willy Vanilly!
- Live Music & Food Trucks, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Hang out at our own backyard beach, grab some grub from on of our great local food trucks, and chill to live tunes.
- Saturday Food Truck, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm (open till Midnight), 2444 Pleasure House Rd, Virginia Beach. Sofrito is back at Commonwealth Brewing Company on Saturday November 12th, serving up the tasty treats. Enjoy a laid back day with the inspired taste of Puerto Rico and an crafty pint!
- Saturday Food Truck, Rip Rap Brewing Co., 12 - 10:00 pm, 116 E. 25th St., Norfolk. Come out to the newest Microbrewery in Norfolk! Hang out in our Dog friendly, and Family friendly tasting room and pair our tasty fresh beer with treats from one of our local food trucks. Come out and have a beer!
- Beer Release, O'Connor Brewing Co., 12 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. The Winter Pecan Porter is a traditional English-style Porter infused with Toasted Pecans. It is full-bodied with a semi-sweet flavor that finishes off with hints of toasted pecans. Perfect for the winter months. Pecans were sourced and roasted by our friends at Old Dominion Peanut Company. Of course on Saturdays we have free brewery tours each hour from 12-4 pm. There’s plenty of cornhole, shuffleboard and giant Jenga, and of course, fresh, tasty beers, all day and evening. And you can pair one of our delicious, hand-made beers with 'Capt’n Crabby‘s’ entirely hand-made menu items! Cheers!
- Local cheers: Live Music in the Beer Garden, O'Connor Brewing Co., 7 - 10:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Come enjoy local beers & local bands in our brand new outdoor bar & beer garden! Our Winter Pecan Porter will be unleashed that day, and our food truck will be Capt'n Crabby. Featured Bands: Skye Zentz, Lori Creek, Nate Sacks & the Lifehacks, Wyteshayds. Tickets are $8 in advance, and $10 at the door, or $8 for Students & Military! Tickets are on sale in our Tasting Room or at this Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/local-cheers-tickets-28506327192
- Saturday Food Pop-up, CBC - Coelacanth Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 760 A W 22nd St., Norfolk. We’ll have the 'Waffletiina Pop-up’ in the house, with their amazing waffle creations to pair with our beautiful beer.
- The Brew Crew Homebrew Off, Bearded Bird Brewing Co., 12 - 5:00 pm, 727 Granby St., Norfolk. This will be our first homebrew off. Homebrewers will go head to head in 4 different categories: Stouts, Belgian strong ales, Winter Saisons, and Mix it up (Wild styles). The top three of each category, chosen through a public tasting, will go on to be brewed at the brewery and sold in house. Winners also receive compensation for having their brews sold! So come on out and support local homebrewers!! Tickets to the event go on sale November1, 2016. Admission is $20. Brewers go to beardedbirdbrewing.com to register.
- Norfolk Bathrobe Bar Crawl, Business Papers Pickup @ 5:30 pm at Jack Browns, Crawl Hours 6-9 pm. Participating Restaurants: Norfolk Tap Room, Hell’s Kitchen, Brick Anchor Brew House , Scotty Quixx On Granby, FM Restaurant, Field Guide, The Barrel Room, Work Release. It’s how the Dude would want you to Roll. Celebrate the return of El Duderino White Russian Milk Stout with a new ritual. Pull out that bathrobe grandma gave you last Christmas and strut your stuff all along Granby St. in Downtown Norfolk! First you’ll pick up your business papers at Jack Browns. This postcard sized passport will lead along the mile stretch of Granby St. to five different stops. Each restaurant will have a unique sticker for you to collect. Fill up your passport and then redeem it at Work Release for a limited edition gift. Stay at Work Release for a performance of Dude-like proportions! The Royal We will be performing the soundtrack to The Big Lebowski while the Big Lebowski streams on the background projectors around the venue starting at 9:30 pm.
- Bold Mariner 1 Year Birthday Bash, 12 - 9:00 pm, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 2409 Bowdens Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Join us for our 1st Birthday Celebration on Saturday November 12th. We will be releasing our winter seasonal Nighthawk, a Dark Saison that pours deep black followed by fruity, spicy and peppery aromas, chocolate and roasted flavors throughout. Limited Run Nighthawk T-Shirts will be on sale along with all our BMBC Swag. (P.S. Flannels are coming back!) Live Music by: Who We Are Not, The Framers and Sir Lord Thomas. Food by: The Grilled Cheese Academy - It’s All About The Cheese and Your Pie Norfolk / Ward’s Corner. The Bands will be playing and the beer will be flowing all day long. Bring the family and enjoy the season. The event is FREE! Family and pet friendly.
- Grub & Tunes, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 12-7:00 pm, 1309 Raleigh Avenue #300, Norfolk. Celebrate your Saturday with fresh local beer. 'Food Gangsters’ will be on-site all day with delicious grub, and live music from 'Derek Smith’ 4:30-6:30 pm.
- Saturday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. Come hang out with us and 'Potheads Mobile Catering & Eatery’ (Their wings are to die for).
- Yoga on Tap, The St. George Brewing Company, 9:30 am, 204 Challenger Way, Hampton. Our Tasting room is open from 10 am to 6 pm, but every Saturday morning we host 'Yoga on Tap’, a one hour Vinyasa flow yoga class, by Yaz Yoga.
- Saturday Food Truck / Live Music Night, Tradition Brewing Company, 12 - 9:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. We welcome 'B-52 Smokehouse BBQ & Lounge’ Food Truck to the brewery, starting at Noon. Then at 5 pm, Frank Laster of 'Pridemore’ will be in the house layin down Live Music.
- Corn Hole Tournament & Fall Festival, The Virginia Beer Company, 1 - 9:00 pm, 401 2nd St., Williamsburg. Win cash & fame (but mostly cash) on Saturday, 11/12 at VBC’s first ever family friendly Corn Hole Tournament & Fall Festival. A fundraiser for Latisha’s House Foundation, half the registration fee gets to work helping this fantastic non-profit and the other half goes to the prize pool for the top three teams! Nathan Lienard Music will be performing, and did we mention that Stuft- Not Your Average Street Food is coming too? The $40 registration fee covers each team of two participants. Tickets available: bit.ly/vbccornhole So in summary, join us for: Entertainment! Food! Tunes! Pumpkin Painting! And one big ol’ Corn Hole Tournament!
- Boot Camp & Brews, Alewerks Brewing Company, 9:30 - 1:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. Iron-Bound Gym and Alewerks Brewery Company are teaming up once again to bring you this amazing event in support of CGTLEA (Coast Guard Tactical Law Enforcement Association). This foundation is a non-profit that provides emergency support to seriously injured or killed families of the US Coast Guard deployable specialized forces. Members of IBG are part of this local organization. Have a great workout that all fitness levels can do led by IBG followed by a beverage provided by Alewerks.
Sun, Nov 13
- Grand Opening Party, Green Flash Brewing - Virginia Beach, 12 - 8:00 pm, 1209 Craft Lane, Virginia Beach. Don’t miss the official grand opening of our Virginia Beach tasting room at our new 100,000 barrel brewery. Be among the first to enjoy our new East Coast brewery and enjoy Green Flash beers at the source! This event will showcase all that Green Flash has to offer including our best beers, live music, awesome food pairings, local vendors, and more. Enjoy up to 30 beers on our state of the art taps featuring Green Flash favorite front line beers as well as seasonal, rare, and special releases. Step out to our expansive and shady beer garden to enjoy a bite from a local food truck and unwind. This party is open to the public, and we welcome everyone to join us in a toast to celebrate.
- Growler Power Hours, Reaver Beach Brewing Company, 2 - 4:00 pm (open from 1 - 6:00 pm), 1505 Taylor Farm Rd., Virginia Beach. The weekend’s not over, from 2-4 pm we offer discounts on all growler and grenade fills.
- Growler Fills Sunday, Back Bay Brewing, 12 - 6:00 pm, 614 Norfolk Ave., Virginia Beach. Our new Sunday hours are 12-6 pm, and 64 oz. growler fills for $10!
- An Afternoon with The Veil Brewing, Esoteric, 2 - 8:00 pm, 501 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach. Yep.it’s really happening. The Veil Brewing is Officially spending an afternoon at Esoteric. We will serve a huge selection of their beers. The goal is to provide the closest experience to being @theveilbrewing room but combined with an #Esoteric experience. There will be SEVENTEEN different Veil beers on draft! That’s more than they even have in their tasting room! Special, one night only beer cocktails poured also. Curated food menu by our own Executive Chef Ian Hock. Tim Skirven, the man responsible for the sick branding on all @theveilbrewing designs and artwork will also be in house offering limited edition posters of above artwork. Come meet “The other Tim” and tell him what a rad job he does on @theveilbrewing So have some serious hangs with Veil staff (INCLUDING Brewers Matt Tarpey and Justin Anderson) + Eso staff and drink the most insane list of beers under one roof from @theveilbrewing Run tell your homies. No ressies, first come first serve so get here early! **This is NOT a ticketed event
- Sunday Brew day to benefit CHKD, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 1 - 5:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Rd., Ste. 102, Virginia Beach. The Lynnhaven river circle presents Sunday Brew Day to benefit CHKD at Wasserhund brewing company! $35 gets you admission, 2 beer tickets, and appetizers. Event will include football games, silent auctions and more! Tickets can be purchased at www.kingsdaughters.org/Lynnhavenrivercircle
- Sunday Funday, Mix it Up, Mix it Up Growlers Flights & Pints, 2973 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Sunday Funday Backyard Party and $1 hot dogs all day long!
- Crockpot Sunday, Pleasure House Brewing, 6-8 pm (open 12-10:00 pm), 3025 Shore Dr., Virginia Beach. Come eat our contestants’ crockpot creations! Try them all and vote. The winner gets PHB gift card! Just a minimum $3 donation that goes to charity and you too can be a judge!
- Pints for Pups 2016 | Benefitting VB SPCA, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 1 - 4:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. Bring your best Furry Friend to COMMONWEALTH BREWING CO. for an afternoon of craft beer, awesome eats provided by BODACIOUS PIZZA, HASHI FOOD TRUCK, live music, giveaways and more! For each ticket sold, 100% of proceeds benefit the homeless dogs and cats cared for by Virginia Beach SPCA. Tickets: $20/advance, $25/At the Door. Ticket purchase is your donation and includes 2 Beer Tickets. Friendly and Pawsitively Well Behaved Dogs Welcome! Stop by and mingle with great folks for a GREAT cause!! Purchase tickets at https://www.picatic.com/event14724907435679
- Poses & Pints, Brunch and SIN, O'Connor Brewing Co., 10:30 - 11:45 am, then 12 - 6:00 pm, 211 W 24th St., Norfolk. Come join us at OBC for the blissful moments of Yoga on Sunday mornings. On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month Alicia Morris leads a class from 10:30 - 11:45am, followed by the opportunity to have a couple of post yoga beers at a great discount! The class is donation based & a portion of the donations go to a different charity each class! All levels are welcome! B.Y.O.M. (bring your own mat)! Then the glorious Waffletina popup will be in the house slinging those sweet and savory waffles from 12-3 pm or until the waffles run out! Get it! Of course, Sunday means Service Industry discounts all day at OBC! Whether you are a bartender or waitstaff, come by and enjoy 50% off all draft and merchandise at the brewery every Sunday. We want to show our love and appreciation for those of you in the hospitality business.
- Exception(andall) beers, ExceptionAle, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2000 Colonial Ave, # 6, Norfolk. We are kicking off exception(andall) beers every Sunday. We’ll offer up extra flavors infused into already great beers issuing out Dogfish Randall.
- Sunday Salute, The Bold Mariner Brewing Company, 12 - 6:00 pm, 2409 Bowden’s Ferry Rd., Norfolk. Discount on draught for all Active Duty Military and Veterans. Plus, 'Grilled Cheese Academy’ will be in the beer garden.
- Brewed to Run Series - Nov / Smartmouth Sunday, Smartmouth Brewing Company, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm (open 1 - 5:00 pm), 1309 Raleigh Ave, Norfolk. Tighten your laces for the latest installment of our monthly running group, Brewed to Run. We will offer two run groups: • 10k (Approx. 6 miles) - leaving at 9:45 am; • 5K - (Approx. 3 miles) - leaving at 10 am. Exact routes will be made available before each run. Tasting room will open when the faster group gets back (approx. 11 am) until 1 pm. Then, our tasting room will be open from 1 - 5 pm serving up delicious craft beer in its many vessels and offering all the Smartmouth swag you can get your hands on. Plus tasty treats from 'Ferg’s Missing Ingredient’.
- Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 10:30 - 11:30 am, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Sunday at 10:30 am for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food (Shrimp and Grits day!) and conversation.
- Sunday Food Truck, The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery, 1 - 9:00 pm, 81 Patch Rd., Fort Monroe, Hampton. We’ve got 'Flame and Pie - Mobile Wood Fired Pizza’, (What goes better with beer and football than incredible wood fired pizza?).
- Sunday Food Truck, Tradition Brewing Company, 12 - 5:00 pm, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Newport News. We welcome 'Deutscher Imbiss’ Food Truck to the brewery with their traditional German food and sausages. Then starting at 1 pm, we’ll host an Adoption Event with Peninsula Regional Animal Shelter. Stayed Tuned for More!
- Sunday Food Truck, The Virginia Beer Company, 1 - 7:00 pm, 401 2nd St, Williamsburg. Join us with 'FoodaTude…Food With Attitude’ food truck out on the patio to help you finish off your weekend with great food and great beer.
- Live Music and Steal the Vessel Sundays, Alewerks Brewing Company, 12-5:00 pm, 189-B Ewell Road, Williamsburg. Every Sunday is Steal the Vessel on American style growlers and grunts. We’ll have 'Kathi’s Clam Chowder’ with local chowder legends Kathi and Don, bringing their famous clam chowder and lobster rolls from 12:30 - 4:30 pm. Plus we’ll have Clayton Perry, 2-5 pm live in the taproom, with home cooked pretzels, good vibes, great chow, and beer to live for.
Mon, Nov 14
- Craft Beer Mondays, Ynot Italian, Great Neck, Kempsville, Greenbrier, Great Bridge, Ghent. Every Monday $3 Craft Beers. *Must be 21 years old to purchase. Valid for a limited time. Valid till 9 pm on Mondays only. http://www.ynotitalian.com/craftbeer/
- Trivia Night, Wasserhund Brewing Company, 7-9:00 pm, 1805 Laskin Road, Suite 102, Virginia Beach. Mondays are the new Fridays at Wasserhund! Come test your skills with Trivia every Monday, from 7-9 pm. Drink beer, eat pizza, and win some great prizes! Bring yourself or a team of your smartest friends. You can win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes!
- Steal the Pint Night, HK on the Bay, 6-8:00 pm, 4600 Lookout Rd., Virginia Beach. Here at Hk on the Bay we have a Steal the Pint Night EVERY Monday! For the month of November we decided to focus on nothing but Virginia Craft Beer for our pint night promotion. Stop by any Monday in November and get a free brewery pint glass with any Virginia craft beer purchase. It’s also 'All you can eat Wings night’, so Hang with us, eat some good food and drink some great beer.
- Military Monday, O'Connor Brewing Co., 3 - 9:00 pm, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk. It’s Military Monday, so all of you who currently serve, or have served, come join us for a pint & let us treat you like the MVPs that you are! As a token of our gratitude for your service, we will be offering a special discount EVERY MONDAY to all active duty, retired, and veteran military members. (Please present valid proof of service to receive discount)
- Cards Against Humanity ft Devil’s Backbone, Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint Norfolk, 8 - 10:00 pm, 131 Granby Street Suite A, Norfolk. What’s not to love about this event? Join us for the two things we really love: a laugh out loud good time, and local beer! We will have a guest judge in the house from Devil’s Backbone deciding your most horrible or hilarious answers. Don’t forget their will be prizes! First place gets some awesome shwag and a gift card from the JB crew.
- Chuggers Running Club, Wharf Hill Brewing Co., 5:45 - 6:45 pm, 25 Main St, Smithfield. Join the Wharf Hill Chuggers each Monday at 5:45 pm for a conversational paced 5k through Smithfield. All runners, walkers, and joggers welcome at any pace! Meet at the pub for introductions before the run, then hang out after for great beer, food (Shrimp Night!) and conversation.
- Pint Night, Park Lane Tavern, 5:00 pm, Peninsula Town Center, Hampton. Our regular Monday Steal the Glass Night. Stealing starts at 5 pm, Live Music by Brian 'Big Daddy’ Sewell will start at 6:30 pm.
- Burger & Pint night, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News. Every Monday Burger & Pint night. Enjoy discounts on all of our hand crafted burgers and pints until 9 pm.
- Point 2 and Brew Pub Run, Point 2 Running Company & Whole Foods Newport News, 6:00 pm, 12080 Jefferson Ave, Ste. 910, Newport News. We’re partnering with Point 2 Running Company every Monday for a Point 2 & Brew Pub Run! The 3 mile runs will begin at Point 2 in The Marketplace at Tech Center and end with Happy Hour at Oyster Point Pub at Whole Foods Market Newport News. No registration required and runners of all levels are welcome. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- MugShot Mondays, Mellow Mushroom (Newport News, VA), 12090 Jefferson Ave.. Su. 1500, Newport News. MugShot Mondays all day Monday every week! Come by for one of the best drink specials on the peninsula!
- Steal the Glass, The Sandbar Grill and Pub, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm, 736 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News. Our weekly steal the pint night. $5 takes the pint with the glass and $5 fill ups til 9 pm.
- Dog Street Pub Running Club, 5:00 pm, 401 W Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg. A family & dog friendly casual running club in the Colonial area. We meet every Monday at DoG Street Pub. Run starts at 6 pm.
Tue, Nov 15
- Hardywood Park Beer Dinner, New River Taphouse, 6 - 9:00 pm, 1716 Pleasure House Road, Virginia Beach. Excited to host the first ever beer dinner at New River Taphouse in VA Beach. Featuring an amazing 6-Course dinner with pairings from Richmond’s Hardywood Park Craft Brewery: Dragon Egg with Cream Ale; Butternut Squash & Blackened Shrimp with Singel; Almond encrusted Crab Cake with VIPA; Lamp Lollipop with Pils; Duck Wonton with Gingerbread Stout; Pumpkin Spice Carrot Cake with Farmhouse Pumpkin. Reception & Seating, 6:00 pm, First Course served: 6:30 pm, $60. Limited number of seats. Tickets now on sale, at the Taphouse or call.
- VetNoise to benefit Portsmouth Fisher House, Colley Cantina, 6 - 9:00 pm, 1316 Colley Ave., Norfolk. Come out and join Hampton Roads Military Relocation Team and Young Veterans Brewing Company as we team up with Colley Cantina to raise money for Portsmouth Fisher House at our November Vet Noise event.
Wed, Nov 16
- Vinyl Night, Commonwealth Brewing Company, 3 - 10:00 pm, 2444 Pleasure House Rd., Virginia Beach. We bring the tunes to you via VINYL every third Wednesday of the month. Bring your own, or jam to our all-inclusive staff collection of records. *Oldies, Jazz, Punk and more! Plus, 'Ferg’s Missing Ingredient’ is back @ Commonwealth on Wed, November 16th. Shrimp Po’ Boys, Mac & Cheese Balls,. need we say more?
- Firestone Walker Steal The Glass, Craft 60 Ale House, 4 - 9:00 pm, 13361 Warwick Blvd., Newport News. Join us for a great night of Cali craft beer featuring Firestone Walker Brewing Co., from Paso Robles, CA. Followed by a live performance by The Dearhearts.
- 2nd Annual Lickinghole Creek Beer Dinner, TRIANGLE, 6:45 - 9:00 pm, 601 Prince George Street, Williamsburg. TRIANGLE is thrilled to announce our 2nd Annual Beer Dinner with Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery of Goochland, VA! Course 1: Spinach & Mushroom Ragout Ravioli with Toasted Walnut Butter, Pony Pasture Pilsner; Course 2: Seafood “Faux Paella” with La Calavera Catrina Tequila Barrel-Aged Tripel; Course 3: Papaya & Santa Claus Mellon Sorbet with Mango Habanero Brown Ale; Course 4: Espresso & Chili-Rubbed Beef Short Ribs, Smokey Potatoes au Gratin, Tri-Colored Carrots with Bourbon Barrel-Aged Coffee Obsession Stout, Course 5: Banana & Walnut Dulce de Leche Flan with Coconut Delight Rum Barrel-Aged Quadrupel 2016 World Beer Cup Silver Medal! $55, All-Inclusive.
Thu, Nov 17
- Big Tall Tales, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 7 - 9:00 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S., Chesapeake. Our next installment of Big Ugly Tall Tales will feature this book by Daniel James Brown. Get the book, read it, and come in and enjoy the discussion along with great brews. We will look forward to seeing you there!
- Oozlefinch Steal the Pint & Beer Dinner, Water Street Grille, 5:00 pm, 323 Water St., Yorktown. Purchase any Oozlefinch Brewing beer on draft and receive a complimentary souvenir glass to take home. Available while supplies last, one per customer. We are also still running our Pour it Forward to thank all our military families active and retired. Plus, we’re haveing a Beer Dinner at 6:00 pm, Featuring Oozlefinch Brewing; 4 Course, Beer-paired Menu, $50 per person, +tax +gratuity. Hope to see you there!
Fri, Nov 18
- Christmas for Beer Lovers, 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grille, 6 - 9:00 pm, 1011 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach. We are tapping our kegs of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. Christmas a month early, happy holidays!
- FlickIt! Fridays: “Better Off Dead”, Naro Expanded Cinema, 9:15 - 11:30 pm, 1507 Colley Ave, Norfolk. We want your two dollars! 1985 strikes again with John Cusack in BETTER OFF DEAD (PG, 97mins), a dark comedy about a teen who turns suicidal when his girlfriend breaks up with him right before Christmas. So grab your book on how to pick up trashy ladies and scarf down some boiled bacon and Frawnch fries, the holidays are coming early. And don’t forget your aardvark coat, everyone will be wearing them this year. Tickets are $10 and will be available the day of the show.
- 11 Hours of Virginia Cider, The Birch, 3:00 pm - 2:00 am, 1231 W Olney Rd., Norfolk. We will be featuring Virginia Ciders on Draft and in bottle pours for our second Cider Week Virginia Event! Will include so far: Potter’s Craft Cider, Blue Bee Cider, Foggy Ridge Cider, Castle Hill Cider, Cobbler Mountain Cellars.
Sat, Nov 19
- Southern Tier Pumpkings Party, Tapped Gastropub, 8:00 pm, 1550 Laskin Rd., Ste. 198, Virginia Beach. Fall is here and we are ready to enjoy it with some pumpkin beers! Southern Tier Pumking, imperial pumpkin ale; Southern Tier Warlock, imperial pumpkin stout; Southern Tier Rum Pumking, imperial pumpkin ale aged in rum barrels (only 5 kegs of this came into Hampton Roads and the others have been tapped and are gone); Southern Tier Coffee Pumking, imperial pumkin ale brewed with light roasted coffee! **No growler fills for these as the two variants were limited. Mike Proffet & Dana Silvercloud with be playing live that night for your entertainment.
Fri, Nov 25
- Dark Journey Bottle Release, Big Ugly Brewing Company, 12 - 10:00 pm, 1296 Battlefield Blvd. S., Chesapeake. It’s Black Friday and when you’re Ugly that means that Dark Journey has returned! Our Ghost Rider Porter has been aging in bourbon barrels for the past 11 months in anticipation of our second annual Dark Journey release. Party starts at noon, live music at 6 pm with 'The Acoustic Legend’.
Tue, Nov 29
- Hardywood Beer Dinner, Hearth Wood Fired Cuisine & Craft Beer, 6:30 - 10:00 pm, 605 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach. We are excited to announce another addition to our beer dinner series. The Tuesday after Thanksgiving we will be teaming up with Hardywood Park Brewery from Richmond to bring you a one of a kind pairings. Reception starts at 630pm. Tickets are $60 a person tax included . Beers to be featured are Hardywood Cream Ale, Hardywood Singel, Hardywood VIPA, Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Farmhouse Pumpkin, Gingerbread Stout and a taste of the Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread Stout. Call us today to reserve you seat or purchase here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hardywood-fall-beer-dinner-tickets-28877851431
Wed, Nov 30
- The Birch’s 7 Hours of Firestone Walker, The Birch, 5:00 pm - Midnight, 1231 W Olney Rd., Norfolk. a mini festival brought to you by The Birch. We will be hosting a mini tap takeover featuring some of Firestone Walker’s most delicious beers! We will also be tapping one of our own vintage kegs of Double DBA, a beer no longer in production. We will also be serving the beers in a special Firestone Walker glass. Their regional rep, Chris, will be in attendance! Tap List: Nitro Merlin, Agrestic, Union Jack, Double DBA, Luponic, Distortion #004. Bottle Pours: Firestone XIX, Sucaba, Parabola, Stickee Monkee, Velvet Merkin.
UPCOMING BREW/BEER FESTS:
The 2016 Williamsburg Harvest Celebration, through NOV 13, 2016 Featuring over 30 culinary inspired events hosted in Williamsburg, Jamestown & Yorktown highlighting VA chefs, farmers, foragers, authors and beverage professionals. Come celebrate community and gathering together this Fall, all for a good cause. http://williamsburgharvestcelebration.com/
Tue, Nov 8 - Merchant’s Square Tapas Crawl, 6 - 8:30 pm, Merchants’ Square, Williamsburg. Join us for an evening of 'Taste of Merchant’s Square’, A dining tour of three of Williamsburg’s finest: The Cheese Shop, Berret’s Seafood Restaurant & Tap house Grill, and Hound’s Tale. Each location will feature a small plate selection and drink offering and are all within walking distance of each other in Merchant’s Square. $62, Tickets are limited! Crawl in no particular order.
Tue, Nov 8 - Craft Beer Dinner at the Water Street Grille, 6:30 - 9:30 pm, 323 Water St., Yorktown. Water Street Grille, an intimate place big on flavor and personality, and a Yorktown must-do, is offering 20 micro brews and a delicious tapas menu. Your evening will feature a four course tapas menu prepared by the culinary team paired with brews from a guest Virginia Brewery with conversation and libations while overlooking the York River.
Thu, Nov 10 - Yorktown Tapas Crawl, 6 - 8:30 pm, Riverwalk, Water St., Yorktown. Join us Thursday evening for 'A Taste of Riverwalk’, a dining tour of three of Yorktown’s finest: Riverwalk Restaurant, Water Street Grille & Umi Sushi. Each restaurant will feature a small plate selection and drink offering and are all within walking distance of each other along the Yorktown waterfront. $62, Tickets are limited! Crawl in no particular order.
Fri, Nov 11 - Bountiful Brews and bites at Jamestown Beach Park, 5:30 - 9:00 pm, 2205 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg. Enjoy this outdoor festival filled with food trucks, craft beer and fun! There will be live music and fireworks to end the evening. All food and adult beverages will cost an additional fee - the $10 ticket is general admission for all ages. Children under five are free. Hot chocolate, bottled water and coffee will be free. Come enjoy a great evening with James City County! There will be many food trucks on site for you to choose from. Meet friends and gather under the tent where you can sit back and relax. Here are a few more helpful tips. Attendees may choose to bring blankets to view the fireworks. Strollers are permitted, but it is an outdoor event., so traversing the lawn may be challenging. Only service animals will be permitted. No outside food or beverage.
Sat, Nov 12 - Alewerks Cask Celebration, Alewerks Brewing Company, 5:30 - 9:00 pm, 189 B Ewell Rd., Williamsburg. $34.50, Under 21 and Designated Drivers $11.50. Alewerks Brewing Company and friends invite you to savor authentic cask ale, beer as it was enjoyed for centuries. Modern brewers add modern twists to traditional methods allowing for one of a kind flavors never available again, such as our classic Chesapeake Pale Ale conditioned with the addition of Tangelo Peel or the Tavern Brown Ale matured with an extra dose of hops or oak chips, or both! Food trucks, live entertainment and more complement an exciting evening at Williamsburg’s favorite brewery. Beer samples and live music included in price. Food Trucks are a la carte. Parking available on site.
Sun, Nov 13 - Distinction Magazine’s Oyster Roast at Yorktown with Bluegrass, 1 - 4:00 pm, Yorktown Freight Shed, 331 Water St., Yorktown. Spend your afternoon sipping and sampling while overlooking the York River. Featuring oysters from all eight regions in VA with the oyster growers on hand manning stations. A representative from the Virginia Oyster Trail will discuss the oysters of Virginia plus learn about recycling oyster shells. We will have fried, roasted and fresh shucked oysters and oyster stew, VA ham biscuits and desserts from Carrot Tree Kitchens. Plus enjoy Bluegrass music, craft beer, wine from the Colonial Wine Trail, and cider all from Virginia. $63
Sat, Nov 19 - Oyster & South Festival, Greenbrier Farms, 1 - 5:00 pm, 225 Sign Pine Rd., Chesapeake. Come out and enjoy seasonal oysters and other seafood. Fantastic fresh foods from local restaurants, beer, live entertainment & plenty of harvest time fun!! Portion of the events proceeds will go to The King’s Daughters for CHKD. Pricing: $40/ticket or $45/ticket the day of the event at the door. Get your tickets online, from a Circle in the Bridge member or from Basnight Land & Lawn. https://www.showclix.com/event/oystersouthfestival111916/listing